Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,412 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hall to NC State
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Hall to NC State
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KK FINALLY GOT HIS MONSTER CLASS
PackAlpha91
LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!! KKIAW!!!!!!
nryanh94
Dunlow66
I wouldnt be surprised to see us still add a PostGrad to go wtih this bunch. I expect at least one spot to open by then.
WolfpackSI
Big shoutout to Cam Hayes. I feel like he had a huge role in getting Shak Moore and Josh Hall to State!
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

I expect at least one spot to open by then.
ughhhhh
Packfan8
Breaking news: Josh Hall is now a 2 star prospect according to Evan Daniels
Megapack
We've had at least one attrition every year for the last couple of decades. Shouldn't be a surprise anymore
Jacksonvillewolf
Megapack said:

We've had at least one attrition every year for the last couple of decades. Shouldn't be a surprise anymore

It is now the nature of college basketball....
Packfan8
On to the 2021 class
nryanh94
Guess it's time to put together a list of 2021 kids:

Terquavion Smith, SH(Committed)

Carter Whitt, PG
Breon Pass, PG (also holds football offer)
Matthew Cleveland, SG
Dontrez Styles, Wing
Quincy Allen, Wing
Roosevelt Wheeler, C
Nnanna Njoku, C
WolfpackSI
Megapack said:

Ya I know but it doesn't have to be the norm. There are lots of programs that don't lose kids yearly. I feel KK will eventually have a lot less attrition once hes recruiting at a high level.

I'm thinking Atticus Taylor or Dereon Seabron are at the highest risk of not being here next year. Atticus seems extremely raw and might not be an ACC player. Dereon needs to get his academics right.

Someone else I really worry about losing is Jericole. He has so much talent and is a perfect fit the 4 spot in our system.
cmball3
Hellems is set up at that 4 spot to be the guy. He's already starting there and I don't see farrar taking it from him.
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

Carter Whitt, PG
Matthew Cleveland, SG
Dontrez Styles, Wing
Quincy Allen, Wing
Roosevelt Wheeler, C
Nnanna Njoku, C

Looks like we will have atleast 3 open scholarships with Bev, DJ, and DD graduating. Josh Hall probably goes pro

Give me Carter Whitt, Smith, Styles or Matthew Cleveland, and Roosevelt Wheeler.

If Breon Pass plays football, does that scholarship count against our basketball scholarships too?
OldTuffy
Dunlow66 said:

........I expect at least one spot to open by then.

"Just when I thought I was out , they pull me back in!"
nryanh94
To me the next guy you gotta lock up is Roosevelt Wheeler, get him committed and then focus heavily on Allen/Styles/Cleveland/Whitt and take whichever of the 4 want to come first

Gotta imagine they having Hayes and Moore helps with Styles
IseWolf22
Dunlow66 said:

I wouldnt be surprised to see us still add a PostGrad to go wtih this bunch. I expect at least one spot to open by then.
I would expect a traditional transfer. Easier to keep a 12 man roster happy than 13... Although both are hard
IseWolf22
WolfpackSI said:

Megapack said:

Ya I know but it doesn't have to be the norm. There are lots of programs that don't lose kids yearly. I feel KK will eventually have a lot less attrition once hes recruiting at a high level.

I'm thinking Atticus Taylor or Dereon Seabron are at the highest risk of not being here next year. Atticus seems extremely raw and might not be an ACC player. Dereon needs to get his academics right.

Someone else I really worry about losing is Jericole. He has so much talent and is a perfect fit the 4 spot in our system.
I don't think there are lots of programs where it's not the norm to transfer. There are a couple, but it's rare. Teams across CBB average over 2 transfers per year. Having only 1 each year means you are a very stable program.
Dunlow66
IseWolf22 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I would expect a traditional transfer. Easier to keep a 12 man roster happy than 13... Although both are hard
I think one or two of the freshmen will redshirt.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

IseWolf22 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I cant imagine we gave the capacity to RS both Scrooge and Farrar. That would make us too thin in the front court(unless we bring a postgrad). I feel like there is no way Cam Hayes and Josh Hall RS unless unpredictable circumstance. Shak has good size and the defense to see playing time so I dont think he benefits too much from a RS year.
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

IseWolf22 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I cant imagine we gave the capacity to RS both Scrooge and Farrar. That would make us too thin in the front court(unless we bring a postgrad). I feel like there is no way Cam Hayes and Josh Hall RS unless unpredictable circumstance. Shak has good size and the defense to see playing time so I dont think he benefits too much from a RS year.
Not sure a skinny freshman center is gonna help us much in 2020. I'd prefer to redshirt him and get postgrad big if we need help. I think Manny and Funderburk will be a force next year.

We are redshirting two this year.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Carter Whitt, PG
Matthew Cleveland, SG
Dontrez Styles, Wing
Quincy Allen, Wing
Roosevelt Wheeler, C
Nnanna Njoku, C

Coach Joseph Adams Retweeted
BIG SHTS
@BigShotsNation

40m
NC 2021 RANKINGS
1 Carter Whitt 6'3 PG
2 Dontrez Styles 6'7 SF
3 Jalen McDonald 6'5 SG
4 Elijah Jamison 6'2 PG
5 William Felton 6'8 PF
6 AJ Smith 6'3 G
7 Lucas Taylor 6'5 SG
8 Terquavion Smith 6'3 PG
9 Bobby Pettiford Jr 6'0 PG
10 Trevon Williams 6'2 PG
ClePack
nryanh94 said:

Carter Whitt, PG
Matthew Cleveland, SG
Dontrez Styles, Wing
Quincy Allen, Wing
Roosevelt Wheeler, C
Nnanna Njoku, C

Gimme carter whitt!
RDUwolfpack
One source says one of those listed above REALLY wants to play with Hall.
OldTuffy
He better graduate early then.
WolfpackSI
RDUwolfpack said:

One source says one of those listed above REALLY wants to play with Hall.
He could very well be a 1+Done so that might not be possible
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

IseWolf22 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Not sure a skinny freshman center is gonna help us much in 2020. I'd prefer to redshirt him and get postgrad big if we need help. I think Manny and Funderburk will be a force next year.

We are redshirting two this year.
Then we most definitely need a post-grad big. Manny and DJ are a great front line but we will need depth behind them. If Farrar and Scrooge RS then we got no one behind them as the roster stands right now.
nryanh94
redbone
nryanh94 said:

If there's one thing that Nebraskan kids know, it's basketball. If there's another, it's corn.
Wolfnate77
Nice video of the past weeks recruiting success.

OldTuffy
^
Mute while watching.
TriangleDreamer
OldTuffy said:

^
Mute while watching.

If you do mute, then unmute about 5 mins in to hear Josh Hall's dad Quency talk about what they were looking for in a coach. Pretty cool stuff.
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
nryanh94
Article from rivals on the top 10 recruiters for the next decade:

Kevin Keatts - NC State

An up-and-coming name at the beginning of the decade, Keatts was attempting to figure out how to make his Hargrave Military Academy program the best in the prep world. Moving on to the assistant coaching position at Louisville, before then taking the UNC-Wilmington head coaching job, Keatts has never been afraid to chase after the best that his state has to provide.

Sitting with a top-10 class this fall, Keatts was expected to enroll Jalen Lecque before he decided to enter the NBA Draft before his college career even began. However, he followed up such a prized commitment with that of Josh Hall this week.

While he may never be able to consistently defeat Duke or North Carolina for the elite talent nearby, it would seem that a five-star recruiting win might become a consistent theme at NC State and place Keatts on the short list for blueblood coaching openings down the road.
ClePack
nryanh94 said:

Article from rivals on the top 10 recruiters for the next decade:

Kevin Keatts - NC State

An up-and-coming name at the beginning of the decade, Keatts was attempting to figure out how to make his Hargrave Military Academy program the best in the prep world. Moving on to the assistant coaching position at Louisville, before then taking the UNC-Wilmington head coaching job, Keatts has never been afraid to chase after the best that his state has to provide.

Sitting with a top-10 class this fall, Keatts was expected to enroll Jalen Lecque before he decided to enter the NBA Draft before his college career even began. However, he followed up such a prized commitment with that of Josh Hall this week.

While he may never be able to consistently defeat Duke or North Carolina for the elite talent nearby, it would seem that a five-star recruiting win might become a consistent theme at NC State and place Keatts on the short list for blueblood coaching openings down the road.
No thanks. Keatts can stay right where he's at for the foreseeable future
First Page Last Page
Page 254 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.