Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,221,306 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ya its a no from me. We dont need (more) questionable characters in our program.

I feel for Yurt. He deserves a chance to make the tourney but that seems unlikely at this point.
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Ya its a no from me. We dont need (more) questionable characters in our program.

I feel for Yurt. He deserves a chance to make the tourney but that seems unlikely at this point.

I don't feel for him at all, he left an ncaa tourney team for a team that "might make it"; and if he were here last year we very likley would've made it again.
Dunlow66
Dont want any part of that on our team. Hard pass on them all.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

I don't feel for him at all, he left an ncaa tourney team for a team that "might make it"; and if he were here last year we very likley would've made it again.
I dont think Yurt made that call....just like I dont think he made the call to come to NC State in the first place either.
nryanh94
Would love to see us add Elijah Jamison; him and Smith would be a hell of an add for scoring
wolfpacker7
T Smith 40 point game trimmed down some. Man, he plays some solid D too! Gonna be a good one
Packfan8
wolfpacker7 said:

T Smith 40 point game trimmed down some. Man, he plays some solid D too! Gonna be a good one

He's just so long, it looks like he can easily grow 2 inches and if not he's still taller than Braxton and has long arms to defend. The scary part is he made that 40 points look effortless vs a really good team, he's so raw that when he bulks he'll be much better
RDUwolfpack
Packfan8 said:

wolfpacker7 said:

He's just so long, it looks like he can easily grow 2 inches and if not he's still taller than Braxton and has long arms to defend. The scary part is he made that 40 points look effortless vs a really good team, he's so raw that when he bulks he'll be much better
He looks awesome but I don't get excited about guys that commit this early. A lot of these super early commit guys change their mind.
nryanh94
RDUwolfpack said:

Packfan8 said:

wolfpacker7 said:

He looks awesome but I don't get excited about guys that commit this early. A lot of these super early commit guys change their mind.

When he committed we were called his Dream School, and he's very close with Cam Hayes
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

Packfan8 said:

wolfpacker7 said:

When he committed we were called his Dream School, and he's very close with Cam Hayes

If I'm not mistaken mr pass said smith grew up a state fan
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

Packfan8 said:

wolfpacker7 said:

No clue about him growing up a state fan, but from interviews when he committed, both Hayes and Pass said that State was smith's "dream school".

And before he had an offer he said the 3 schools he'd hope to hear from were State, Duke and UCLA
RDUwolfpack
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

Packfan8 said:

wolfpacker7 said:

No clue about him growing up a state fan, but from interviews when he committed, both Hayes and Pass said that State was smith's "dream school".

And before he had an offer he said the 3 schools he'd hope to hear from were State, Duke and UCLA
Thats great news. Hope he sticks!
Dunlow66
RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

Packfan8 said:

wolfpacker7 said:

Thats great news. Hope he sticks!
He is actively trying to recruit other kids to come to State with him.
Packfan8
Packfan8
New ESPN 100 has hall at 36, hayes at 69
Packfan8
Terrance Williams has decommitted from Georgetown, former 2020 target. I know we don't have a scholarship but worth noting
ScoobyWolf
WolfpackSI said:

who are you referring to as a questionable character in our program?
WolfPacker54
WolfpackSI said:

ScoobyWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

Lmao piss off dude, you're comparing a parking dispute to burglary and assault.
Packfan8
Akinjo is just transferring to be clear. Leblanc is the one for georgetown with legal issues but akinjo is likely going back west with Gonzaga and Arizona as likely destinations.
WolfpackSI
WolfPacker54 said:

WolfpackSI said:

ScoobyWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

Lmao piss off dude, you're comparing a parking dispute to burglary and assault.
Wasn't comparing ***** Dj has gotten in trouble more than once and missed time due to it. If you don't think thats atleast questionable then you really need to take off the red sunglasses once in a while.
Luke12321
Wish Seabron was available to play this year.

We are down to a 7 man rotation it seems like if Hellems is forced out due to injury. Hope he is ok!

Dixon or Taylor might have to log some minutes if Hellems is out for an extended period.

I thought Dixon might actually get in today when we were up big and Manny fouled out.

Probably a good thing he didn't as we tried to let Wake back in it!

WolfpackSI
Luke12321 said:

Wish Seabron was available to play this year.

We are down to a 7 man rotation it seems like if Hellems is forced out due to injury. Hope he is ok!

Dixon or Taylor might have to log some minutes if Hellems is out for an extended period.

I thought Dixon might actually get in today when we were up big and Manny fouled out.

Probably a good thing he didn't as we tried to let Wake back in it!

Ya definitely looks like depth will be a issue for us this season. However I think the biggest problem that we have through 9 games is the lack of a true #1 option/star player/closer. Obviously MJ should be that guy but he just seems...off. And hes been like that for a while now. Starting to think that this may just be the new normal for him. If that is the case then we may not be a tourney team this year
RowanWolf
If this isn't a dead period (I don't keep up with those dates), this is a great week for our coaches to hit the road and do some scouting/recruiting.

Best wishes to all the players entering exam week. This ain't Cheater Hill. They will actually have exams and they will actually have to take them and they will actually have to pass them.

Special wishes to Seabron. Man up, son. Time to prove you can cut it at NC State. Really want to see you on the court next season.
Dennis Smith III
Taylor is hurt, otherwise I think he would be logging minutes. He was icing his knee during the Georgia Tech game and was on crutches at the women's game on Thursday
braz213
Keatts said Taylor's knee may never be 100%. Doesn't sound good for his career. He missed a game for personal reasons. I wonder if it is a cartilage issue.
Dunlow66
braz213 said:

Keatts said Taylor's knee may never be 100%. Doesn't sound good for his career. He missed a game for personal reasons. I wonder if it is a cartilage issue.
JMO, but I dont think he will ever play for us
Dunlow66
OT.....

Montrezl Harrell and Bam Adebayo were two of my favorite 'local' kids when they were attending HS in Eastern NC. Both those guys are now killing it in the NBA.

Bam has proven he is a future star and Montrezl is already a contender for the NBA 'Sixth Man' award

Love to see the local boys make it big.
braz213
Dunlow66 said:

braz213 said:

AJ? He has played. Are you thinking of Seabron?
WolfpackSI
braz213 said:

Dunlow66 said:

braz213 said:

I think he means going forward hes not gonna play for us
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

braz213 said:

Dunlow66 said:

braz213 said:

I really dont. I'm not sure he is ACC material.

Seabron, I've heard the staff still has confidence in him for next season....but I also heard that about this year, so who knows.
RDUwolfpack
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

braz213 said:

Dunlow66 said:

braz213 said:

Seabron, I've heard the staff still has confidence in him for next season....but I also heard that about this year, so who knows.

Why did Keatts and Buzz recruit him? Just didn't know until on campus.
Dunlow66
RDUwolfpack said:

Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

braz213 said:

Dunlow66 said:

braz213 said:

Why did Keatts and Buzz recruit him? Just didn't know until on campus.
Knee injury plus, IMO, us reaching a bit.
Packfan8
Our response to NOA suggest a 1 scholarship reduction for 2021-22 which would be outstanding if that's all we get. Also if a scholarship opens up for next season then it seems like they will self impose for next year instead, visit restrictions for this season which we don't have to worry about now that we have a full class.
WolfpackSI
Why was my DJ comment deleted?
oceanclub
So does this mean we are done with recruiting for next year? I thought we were recruiting one more person.
First Page Last Page
Page 257 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.