Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,419 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Bulldogwolf27
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

[url=https://twitter.com/UNCAvlMBB][/url]
Asheville Basketball
@UNCAvlMBB

Dec 11
Lavar Batts, Jr. became the program's first 40-point scorer in six seasons and was just four-points off the all-time program scoring record.

Despite a 40-point performance from Lavar Batts, Jr., UNC Asheville's men's basketball team fell to South Carolina State in overtime, 90-85, Wednesday night at SHM Memorial Center.

Batts became the first Bulldog to eclipse 40 points in a game since Andrew Rowsey scored 41 against Radford, February 13, 2014. Rowsey accomplished the feat shooting 50 percent from the field, but Batts hit 14-of-17 from the floor, including 3-of-5 from three, while sinking all nine of his free throw attempts.

Even with that amazing game he is only averaging 12 points on the season and has a 1 to 1 assist to turnover ratio. Not exactly what Coach Keatts is looking for.

Saw them play twice this year and he only looked okay. Maybe image is finding his footing and will have a great season for the bulldogs.
Wolfonit
nm ... Temporary Insanity ...
turbosyco
oof, look at batts's foul avg. 3.6 and he's already fouled out of 4 games
PicklePacker
He made a good decision leaving State.
Dunlow66
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

20m
Potential No. 1 pick James Wiseman of Memphis has left the university, will sign with an agent and begin preparing for 2020 NBA draft.
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

20m
Potential No. 1 pick James Wiseman of Memphis has left the university, will sign with an agent and begin preparing for 2020 NBA draft.
LOL. They probably found out that there were other things that were going to come to light and decided it wasn't worth the spotlight... might find out additional violations by Saint Hardaway and a rogue program going for the modern trifecta...

Guy should have never thought he could get away with playing to begin with... both guys.
Packfan8
Dunlow66
Jake Keator-Daily Reflector Sports
@JakeKeatorDR

Dec 17
Terquavion Smith our tonight for the Jags after picking up an injury Saturday. Dontavious Short gets the start in his place
Dunlow66
https://www.witn.com/content/news/Player-of-the-Week-Terquavion-Smith-566256551.html

Farmville Central junior basketball standout and N.C. State commit Terquavion Smith is our newest WITN Pepsi Player of the Week!

The Farmville Central varsity boys basketball team has started the 2019-20 season the same way they ended the 2018-19 season. The defending 2A state champions are a perfect 7-0, riding a 39-game winning streak, and are being led by some of the best young players in all of North Carolina.

One of those players is Terquavion Smith. Last year -- as a sophomore -- Smith verbally committed to N.C. State.

In ninth grade, he started dunking.

"He's a force to be reckon with," Farmville Central head coach Larry Williford said.

In tenth grade, he caught the eyes of Kevin Keatts and the Wolfpack.

"When I went to N.C. State for a visit, they offered me," said Smith. "It was all love when I went there, so I felt like it was more of a family thing."

Now in 11th grade, Terquavion Smith is getting buckets. The junior guard/forward is averaging 27 points, four assists and four rebounds per game.

"As good as he was last year, he's this much better this year," added Williford. "I'm expecting big things out of him, and we will see where it leads."

Williford said he's tough on Smith, especially in practice, but only because he wants Smith to be elite.

"There is no ceiling," said Williford. "I think he's still going to grow some more. Coach Keatts and the N.C. State staff are ecstatic about just seeing his development from last year to this year."
jwpack
What was the injury & will he be able to play in the John Wall tournament.
Dunlow66
More on Clemons

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

21m
The Houston Rockets and two-way guard Chris Clemons have agreed to a three-year NBA deal, league sources tell
@TheAthleticNBA

@Stadium
. Clemons ran out of two-way days and is now signing a full contract.
turbosyco
hall and moore against styles about to go down.
Packfan8
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Leading the way for Farmville Central was Teel with a game-high 28 points (20 of them coming in the second half). Teel went 9-for-16 from the floor and 10-of-11 from the free-throw line, not to mention four steals. Also, Smith finished with 18 points while Wright chipped in 11 points, eight rebounds, and five steals for the game.
nryanh94
If I'm Keatts I'm rolling 4 deep to about every game I can for Styles and Roosevelt Wheeler this year
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

If I'm Keatts I'm rolling 4 deep to about every game I can for Styles and Roosevelt Wheeler this year
I want Styles. He is just coming into his own.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

I want Styles. He is just coming into his own.

He's about to blow up
Dunlow66
Packfan8
Packfan8

Not a bad game to have every talent evaluator at. Should see a big bump after putting up the performance he did against one of the best teams in the country.
Packfan8
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Not a bad game to have every talent evaluator at. Should see a big bump after putting up the performance he did against one of the best teams in the country.
Still has a ways to go as far as conditioning. He can score but not really a good defender right now. He wiill need to improve on those areas to get a lot of PT at State as a Freshman/Sophomore.

If we have a full roster next year, I would like to see Farrar possibly redshirt. He is more of a long term prospect anyway. Seems a shame to waste a year of eligibility sitting the bench. JMO
RowanWolf
^This. Any Fr that can't crack the top 10 in our rotation should redshirt. Bennett showed the way to compete with the blue bloods when you can't sign 5 burger boys each year.
1985 NCSU Grad
As far as conditioning, if we have the proper people in place and a good strength/nutrition program, Nick will be in shape by the start of practice. So I have no worry there, the key will be adjustment to the speed and physicality of the game and learning to be effective enough on defense where you are not losing ground in relation to your offense production
Packfan8
Farrar with 22 at the half vs broughton
Packfan8
Packfan8 said:

Farrar with 22 at the half vs broughton

Finished with another 35
wolfpacker7

Wow.
nryanh94
From Eric Bossi of Rivals:

. It was good to get a look at N.C. State signee Nick Farrar with his high school team competing against a loaded team like the one Kuminga and The Patrick School brought to the table. He was, well, he was very impressive. Is it reasonable to expect the 6-foot-6 mismatch four man to bury five of six threes every time out? Of course not. But his shooting is for real as is his toughness, crafty play and competitive fire. He's unlike anybody that Kevin Keatts has signed during his tenure in Raleigh and showed off much more than when we got to see him during the summer. It's hard to argue with 35 points on only 17 shots against high level competition in a high school game.
Acb0110
I feel like Farrar is one of those guys that comes out of nowhere and becomes a stud in college around his junior year. He will get in shape at state, don't worry about that. Kid can stroke it and has a massive chip on his shoulder. I think Dun said it earlier, very Luke Maye.
nryanh94
Dunlow, question for you (want to throw in take this with a grain of salt because it's from a UNC reporter) but I've read elsewhere that there are still strong rumblings that Hall never plays in college. Anything you're hearing?
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow, question for you (want to throw in take this with a grain of salt because it's from a UNC reporter) but I've read elsewhere that there are still strong rumblings that Hall never plays in college. Anything you're hearing?
ughhh i can't deal with this again. Lets just hope its wishful thinking of the tarholes
Luke12321
nryanh94 said:

I posted about Hall's Dad mentioning it in a impromptu livestream with HoopState.

I think it is something they will explore/consider.

Personally think with the type of game Josh has, he could go 1st round. I would bet on him being in the NBA over NC State right now at this moment. Injuries can happen, things can happen...but right now I don't feel good about him being at State because of how good of a player he ha became.

He is young, he still has some parts of his game to work on. Like the game last night, he picked up a ton of silly fouls and made some bad decisions when his team needed him the most. But he is young, everything is a learning experience.

If Lecque can go, Hall can def go.

WolfpackSI
Any chance we go after a mid-season transfer? We are still sitting on one open scholarship. Though I guess they would have announced by now that they are transferring. Haven't heard of any high level players doing that
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Any chance we go after a mid-season transfer? We are still sitting on one open scholarship. Though I guess they would have announced by now that they are transferring. Haven't heard of any high level players doing that

Unless you have a kid that only has 1/2 a season of eligibility left, we already have all our scholarships spoken for next season. 5 commits; 4 grads and 1 spot open from Harris
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Unless you have a kid that only has 1/2 a season of eligibility left, we already have all our scholarships spoken for next season. 5 commits; 4 grads and 1 spot open from Harris

Forgot to account for Ebenezer in my calculation d'OH!
First Page Last Page
Page 259 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.