Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,029 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
FlockaWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nryanh94 said:

We don't have a scholarship open, but former prospect Marcus Watson is transferring from OKST, I imagine he goes to GT

He has some baggage it seems.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

We don't have a scholarship open, but former prospect Marcus Watson is transferring from OKST, I imagine he goes to GT
they can have him
Dunlow66
and Saddiq Bey scored 33 against Gtown today
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Dont think we all realized at the time how good this kid was gonna be. A huge loss for sure.
WolfPacker54
Why does it seem like every guy we lose goes on the be a stud? Bey, Yurtseven, Jalen Cone, Davonte Graham, Martin twins, etc. Only ones that I can remember absolutely sucking are Harrow and Steere (jury's still out on that one).
Packfan8
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

Dont think we all realized at the time how good this kid was gonna be. A huge loss for sure.

We did... everyone on this site knew it was a huge blow when he decommitted
cmball3
You thought Cone was a stud today?
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

Thats not what I remember. It was overshadowed by the fact that Torin was coming back
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

Thats not what I remember. It was overshadowed by the fact that Torin was coming back
I said multiple times on this site that Saddiq Bey would be our best...most consistent three point threat and was tough as nails. He was better than Hellems. No doubt then or now.
Dunlow66
cmball3 said:

You thought Cone was a stud today?
Not really...but he scored more points than any of our starters did.

I think the stud reference was made to Saddiq Bey.
cmball3
He said about 5 guys. It wasn't just about Bey, though I wish that kid would have stayed with us. He scored more than any of our starters but I wouldn't trade any player that we played yesterday for him. He got a spot after the buzzer that was mistakenly counted and my guess is he wasn't and shouldn't have been in the main scouting report.
Dunlow66
cmball3 said:

He said about 5 guys. It wasn't just about Bey, though I wish that kid would have stayed with us. He scored more than any of our starters but I wouldn't trade any player that we played yesterday for him. He got a spot after the buzzer that was mistakenly counted and my guess is he wasn't and shouldn't have been in the main scouting report.
I wouldnt have him starting either...but Cone would provide something we sorely miss right now.

Depth for defense, spacing on offense, scoring off the bench.
OldTuffy
These last few pages of what ifs is so pathetic. Cuckish.
PackDaddy
PackDaddy has entered the chat
Dunlow66
OldTuffy said:

Happens when you only got 7 legit guys to play in very winnable ACC games.
WolfpackSI
OldTuffy said:

A recruiting thread about players that we recruited during the dead period. Wild
Dunlow66
Team Loaded NC
@teamloadednc
Team Loaded Nc 2021 / Louisburg High 6'3 CG Elijah Jamison Goes for 40 pts in a win over NRCA
Dunlow66
Jamie Shaw
@JamieShaw5
The Best of the Day
#PhenomCityOfOaks

2021 Elijah Jamison
2021 Bobby Pettiford
2020 Zavian McLean
2021 Carter Whitt
2021 Toby Harris
2021 Jamarii Thomas
2020 Kaleb Scott
2021 Cole Sinclair
2020 Miciah Jones
2022 Corey Jones
Dunlow66
https://phenomhoopreport.com/what-makes-elijah-jamison-such-an-elite-bucket-getter/
Dunlow66
All the hoop heads around North Carolina know junior Elijah Jamison is an absolute bucket getter. Eleven games into his junior season, he has scored 1,562 points already in his high school career averaging 26 points per game, but this further shows what we already know.

College coaches see it too, he currently claims offers from Ole Miss, James Madison, and Elon. This type of scoring prowess and this type of recruitment, why are we writing this piece. Many people still have not seen Elijah Jamison play.

Louisburg High School is in a small area, 35 miles in the middle of Raleigh, Durham, and Rocky Mount. The school has only 537 kids enrolled, 9th-12th grades. In order to go to Louisburg, you have to mean to go to Louisburg.

In a previous viewing of Jamison, Jamie Shaw of Phenom Hoops wrote, "Jamison uses excellent body control to score a vast majority of his points. It is intriguing to see how this Louisburg team uses him as they line him up all over the floor. From possession to possession he lines up as the primary initiator, to the high post, to the low block and as a playmaking wing. He is able to score or attack from each of those positions as well. Jamison also does a great job of both turning defense into offense as well as rebounding and pushing."

So far this season, Jamison has scored 356 points in 11 games played. In breaking down his points, he has scored 30 from 3 (10-36), 11 from free throws (110-154) and 216 from 2 (108-192). He is an aggressive downhill player who scores the majority of his points going downhill toward the rim.
Not only is Elijah Jamison naturally gifted, but he is also one of the hardest workers and a selfless teammate. Before the season he told Phenom Hoops' Patrick OBrien, "Basketball has been going very well for me lately, I've just really been working hard all summer. Before the summer started, I told myself that this summer I was going to separate myself from the rest of the players in my class and just work really hard to improve not only my jump shot but my skills as a whole. This summer with Team Loaded, I felt it was a big success because I talked to tons of college coaches at the highest level and got a lot of good feedback that makes me even more excited for this upcoming high school season."
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

All the hoop heads around North Carolina know junior Elijah Jamison is an absolute bucket getter. Eleven games into his junior season, he has scored 1,562 points already in his high school career averaging 26 points per game, but this further shows what we already know.

College coaches see it too, he currently claims offers from Ole Miss, James Madison, and Elon. This type of scoring prowess and this type of recruitment, why are we writing this piece. Many people still have not seen Elijah Jamison play.

Louisburg High School is in a small area, 35 miles in the middle of Raleigh, Durham, and Rocky Mount. The school has only 537 kids enrolled, 9th-12th grades. In order to go to Louisburg, you have to mean to go to Louisburg.

In a previous viewing of Jamison, Jamie Shaw of Phenom Hoops wrote, "Jamison uses excellent body control to score a vast majority of his points. It is intriguing to see how this Louisburg team uses him as they line him up all over the floor. From possession to possession he lines up as the primary initiator, to the high post, to the low block and as a playmaking wing. He is able to score or attack from each of those positions as well. Jamison also does a great job of both turning defense into offense as well as rebounding and pushing."

So far this season, Jamison has scored 356 points in 11 games played. In breaking down his points, he has scored 30 from 3 (10-36), 11 from free throws (110-154) and 216 from 2 (108-192). He is an aggressive downhill player who scores the majority of his points going downhill toward the rim.
Not only is Elijah Jamison naturally gifted, but he is also one of the hardest workers and a selfless teammate. Before the season he told Phenom Hoops' Patrick OBrien, "Basketball has been going very well for me lately, I've just really been working hard all summer. Before the summer started, I told myself that this summer I was going to separate myself from the rest of the players in my class and just work really hard to improve not only my jump shot but my skills as a whole. This summer with Team Loaded, I felt it was a big success because I talked to tons of college coaches at the highest level and got a lot of good feedback that makes me even more excited for this upcoming high school season."

Jamison is on my short list of kids I want for 2021, I prefer him over Whitt
Dunlow66
He is to Offense what Shakeel Moore is to Defense....and he is strong as hell on the boards for a guard. Something we rely on quite a bit.
twentytoe
Dunlow66 said:

He is to Offense what Shakeel Moore is to Defense....and he is strong as hell on the boards for a guard. Something we rely on quite a bit.

My home town, gonna check out some games this year.
Da Pack since 75.
wolfpacker7
Dunlow66 said:

Lack of shot making on current roster makes me really want to land Jamison
FlockaWolf
We need guys that get buckets. Can never have enough of those guys.
TheEagle
We definitely need shooters (and makers) but we seem to run a playground style offense that doesn't create very many open shots. Love to see a more organized offense. Whatever happened to "if it takes us longer than 3 seconds to get the ball past half court we are doing something wrong."
Packfan8
TheEagle said:

We definitely need shooters (and makers) but we seem to run a playground style offense that doesn't create very many open shots. Love to see a more organized offense. Whatever happened to "if it takes us longer than 3 seconds to get the ball past half court we are doing something wrong."
we're down on depth this year so can't really run as fast as we like. But we will replace 4 seniors with 8 new players next year. Depth is comping , hopefully...
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

TheEagle said:

we're down on depth this year so can't really run as fast as we like. But we will replace 4 seniors with 8 new players next year. Depth is comping , hopefully...
We thought we had depth coming this year.....something always happens.
Jwhogan
Any chance of making Cliff Omoruyi's top 5?

I know if he comes, it means someone else is leaving, but haven't heard his name since making his top 13 at the end of September.
nryanh94
Jwhogan said:

Any chance of making Cliff Omoruyi's top 5?

I know if he comes, it means someone else is leaving, but haven't heard his name since making his top 13 at the end of September.

Think we made his top 8, but I'll venture to say Auburn, Memphis, ASU and Rutgers are 4 of the 5. Probably UK at 5
duran_duran
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

TheEagle said:

We thought we had depth coming this year.....something always happens.
Well we had depth last year, just didn't quite have the talent. Now it seems like some of our guys may have taken that next step, but we don't have the depth this year.

Super frustrating
nryanh94
Replace Memphis with UConn

Dunlow66
ASU, Auburn, Kentucky...Final three IMO.
Dunlow66
Elijah Jamison second in all North Carolina high schools in scoring at 31.2 PPG

and 6th OVERALL in rebounding at 13.4 RPG

All public school classifications.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Elijah Jamison second in all North Carolina high schools in scoring at 31.2 PPG

and 6th OVERALL in rebounding at 13.4 RPG

All public school classifications.

Holy ****, sign me up. That's ability you can't teach. He's a scorer and gets after it on the boards. Something we really need
First Page Last Page
Page 261 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.