US Open -2024

6,586 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by jkpackfan
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

Well, Bryson did what he needed to do to win and he was certainly a very deserving champion... but I have to admit that I absolutely hated seeing a LIV guy win a major.

BTW, why doesn't Brooks Koepka wear those goofy LIV team uniforms when he plays in a major?

Cary, my earlier comments regarding DeChambeau aside - I'm really thrilled for your company and all the additional exposure you got again this week. I know it's difficult with stripes, but you guys needed just a little better contrast with that shirt logo yesterday... constructively speaking.
I agree! That group reports up to me, so, I'll ask about the embroidery work. On Sundays, Bryson typically wears the solid navy shirt, so, this was a surprise to me. Nonetheless, that shirt doesn't show Stitch well at all…

Regarding Brooks, that's a good question. Brooks may have had a sponsor for the weekend?
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Well, Bryson did what he needed to do to win and he was certainly a very deserving champion... but I have to admit that I absolutely hated seeing a LIV guy win a major.

BTW, why doesn't Brooks Koepka wear those goofy LIV team uniforms when he plays in a major?

Cary, my earlier comments regarding DeChambeau aside - I'm really thrilled for your company and all the additional exposure you got again this week. I know it's difficult with stripes, but you guys needed just a little better contrast with that shirt logo yesterday... constructively speaking.

Re brooks - we were talking about that yesterday while watching. Brooks seems like a fairly IDGAF kind of guy so I'm sure even with Norman's pleas to promote LIV, he just didn't care.
Wouldn't it have been funny though to see him in whatever by god ugly crap that was that Sergio and Puig had on, lol.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Re brooks - we were talking about that yesterday while watching. Brooks seems like a fairly IDGAF kind of guy so I'm sure even with Norman's pleas to promote LIV, he just didn't care.
Wouldn't it have been funny though to see him in whatever by god ugly crap that was that Sergio and Puig had on, lol.
This guys are getting paid handsomely for their clothes and equipment.
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Good for them. Still looked silly.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Honest question… did I come off as crappy?
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

I didn't read it as negatively nor did I answer it as such
I meant what I said - almost no issue with guys getting paid (except those who made the product much worse for all golf fans), but whole doing so, if you are going to look silly, then it will be noticed

See also, as already discussed above, Jason Day

Our guy Rickie probably caught similar flak when he first hit the tour, but those orange outfits resonated with the yutes. I'm not sure the bright red with some kind of fireball emblem is going to have a similar effect
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

I meant what I said - almost no issue with guys getting paid (except those who made the product much worse for all golf fans), but whole doing so, if you are going to look silly, then it will be noticed

Our guy Rickie probably caught similar flak when he first hit the tour, but those orange outfits resonated with the yutes. I'm not sure the bright red with some kind of fireball emblem is going to have a similar effect
Fare enough. In all honesty, I did read your response in a negative light. I'll try and give more leniency with my interpretations…

Regarding the clothes, I don't know why Bryson wears his Crushers clothes. We would supply him with what he wants, no issue. His LIV clothing is scripted and the whole team wears the same thing, each day. Stitch continues to work closely with the Crushers helping them look nice.

Now, I do think Sergio's outfits were a little over the top. Also, Jason Days outfits, he wore several times, were not great. That said, Victor Hovland's clothes are really loud, as well…

Ricky's outfits never bothered me. I've always been a big fan of him!
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Fare enough. In all honesty, I did read your response in a negative light. I'll try and give more leniency with my interpretations…

Regarding the clothes, I don't know why Bryson wears his Crushers clothes. We would supply him with what he wants, no issue. His LIV clothing is scripted and the whole team wears the same thing, each day. Stitch continues to work closely with the Crushers helping them look nice.

Now, I do think Sergio's outfits were a little over the top. Also, Jason Days outfits, he wore several times, were not great. That said, Victor Hovland's clothes are really loud, as well…

Ricky's outfits never bothered me. I've always been a big fan of him!

Hovland is a great example. Horrible look, but probably big in Europe and you know he's getting bank.
Hideki looked like a tire tread had run over him but I'm sure he's rolling in cash wearing it.

As for Ricky, huge fan and all my boys bought his outfits for the golf course.

I'm not a big uniform guy - I don't like when my church wants me to wear the same "kids" logo t-shirt with all the other preschool / nursery workers. I'm not big on "everyone wear x" today in the office
And I don't like 4 millionaires showing up like a bowling league team to the Masters, US Open, etc.

caryking
The Stitch team celebrated the win, for Bryson, today with a cool cake!!! That's me, the heavy one, on the right. My brother, in the middle and our CFO on the left…

All of Bryson's team along with himself, have reached out thanking the entire team for what we do…

TheStorm
That's pretty cool, Cary!

I'm worried for Bryson's personal safety though after he was seen partying with some of the Trump family yesterday!
jkpackfan
caryking said:

The Stitch team celebrated the win, for Bryson, today with a cool cake!!! That's me, the heavy one, on the right. My brother, in the middle and our CFO on the left…

All of Bryson's team along with himself, have reached out thanking the entire team for what we do…

That's awesome. Congrats to you guys!
packgrad
Congrats man. Good stuff.
hokiewolf
Cary! Awesome! Congrats on your continued success! A NC business going worldwide!
hokiewolf
caryking said:

Cary! Awesome! Congrats on your continued success! A NC business going worldwide!
jkpackfan
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

We heard you the first time JK
Glasswolf
jkpackfan said:

caryking said:

That's awesome. Congrats to you guys!
Nice going Cary
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

caryking
For those that don't like Bryson, listen to this…

DrummerboyWolf
caryking said:

For those that don't like Bryson, listen to this…

Good stuff Cary!!! The hostess brought up that Stitch Stuff had sold out and Bryson grabbed his shirt. WELL DONE!!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
GuerrillaPack
Live stream for the LIV tournament in Nashville this weekend. They just started about 2 minutes ago:

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
DrummerboyWolf
Cary,

Looks like the Crushers are wearing the Dark Blue and white at the LIV tournament in Nashville. I have only seen Bryson and Paul Casey so far but I imagine the other two are as well.
caryking
DrummerboyWolf said:

Cary,

Looks like the Crushers are wearing the Dark Blue and white at the LIV tournament in Nashville. I have only seen Bryson and Paul Casey so far but I imagine the other two are as well.
We just got on a call that we sold out of shirts in less than an hour.
DrummerboyWolf
caryking said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Cary,

We just got on a call that we sold out of shirts in less than an hour.
All 4 guys are wearing the same shirt. I just saw Lahiri and John Catlin, who is subbing for Charles Howell III, and all are wearing the Stitch shirts.
DrummerboyWolf
Here is a podcast with Sue Ann Heng and Jerry Foltz of LIV Golf. Their guest this week was Phil. Everyone should listen to this podcast. For the people who are angry at him and all the other guys, then maybe you will get a little bit of insight as to why they did what they did. It may not change your mind, but maybe you can understand the line of thinking why so many guys went.

As of right now, DeChambeau is tied for the lead of the Nashville Tournament. Mickelson is 2 back.
TheStorm
GuerrillaPack said:

Live stream for the LIV tournament in Nashville this weekend. They just started about 2 minutes ago:

**** that **** .
TheStorm
DrummerboyWolf said:

Here is a podcast with Sue Ann Heng and Jerry Foltz of LIV Golf. Their guest this week was Phil. Everyone should listen to this podcast. For the people who are angry at him and all the other guys, then maybe you will get a little bit of insight as to why they did what they did. It may not change your mind, but maybe you can understand the line of thinking why so many guys went.

As of right now, DeChambeau is tied for the lead of the Nashville Tournament. Mickelson is 2 back.
LOL. THERE IT IS.

A Mickelson reference from DBW... I've missed seeing that (well, not really, but... ).
jkpackfan
TheStorm said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

LOL. THERE IT IS.

A Mickelson reference from DBW... I've missed seeing that (well, not really, but... ).
Mickelson is a clown.
DrummerboyWolf
jkpackfan said:

Mickelson is a clown.
But yet he has been right about pretty much everything concerning the PGA Tour and what they were doing. Why have the purses changed so much? Why are they having these "Signature Events" now? Why did the PGA Tour screw it's membership and negotiate a deal without telling the players? Mcllroy got completely hung out to dry and stabbed in the back by Jay Monohan after being the face of the Tour. All the players did.

Yep Mickelson is kind of goofy at times, but he knows what is going on and not only forced the PGA Tour to make many changes, he got paid handsomely for it. Watch the interview and you might learn something.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

LOL. THERE IT IS.

Yeah I have zero interest in listening yo that self serving pariah and his Saudi backed marketing team.
GuerrillaPack
Bryson's win has finally got me interested in actually watching a LIV event. I watched the first round of the LIV event in Nashville yesterday on the YouTube live stream I posted above. Just yesterday I finally took notice that LIV events are televised on the CW channel. And I see that the second round of this event is on the CW today from 1pm-6pm. I plan to watch some of this.

I love watching the majors and the Ryder and President cups, but I don't follow golf closely enough to know all the reasons/grievances against the PGA by the players who bolted for the LIV tour. So I don't have a super strong opinion one way or the other whether it's pro or anti PGA or for or against LIV. I do wonder how LIV is able to pay so much more money to the players, and if they are taking heavy losses at first as a gamble to try to eventually "corner the market" on the best players and take over to the point that eventually (years from now) they will get better TV deals and other revenue in order to make a profit.

I understand that many people oppose LIV because of the connection to Saudi Arabia. And I'm no fan of Islam, but what specifically has the Saudi government done recently that is so egregious? Alleged support of terrorist groups? The reality is that our own CIA and government has actually funded and armed many terrorist groups, such as arming al-Quaeda groups to fight against the Assad regime in Syria several years back. And that's not a "conspiracy theory"...that U.S. Gov funding and arming of those groups was pretty much public and admitted.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
jkpackfan
GuerrillaPack said:

Bryson's win has finally got me interested in actually watching a LIV event. I watched the first round of the LIV event in Nashville yesterday on the YouTube live stream I posted above. Just yesterday I finally took notice that LIV events are televised on the CW channel. And I see that the second round of this event is on the CW today from 1pm-6pm. I plan to watch some of this.

I love watching the majors and the Ryder and President cups, but I don't follow golf closely enough to know all the reasons/grievances against the PGA by the players who bolted for the LIV tour. So I don't have a super strong opinion one way or the other whether it's pro or anti PGA or for or against LIV. I do wonder how LIV is able to pay so much more money to the players, and if they are taking heavy losses at first as a gamble to try to eventually "corner the market" on the best players and take over to the point that eventually (years from now) they will get better TV deals and other revenue in order to make a profit.

I understand that many people oppose LIV because of the connection to Saudi Arabia. And I'm no fan of Islam, but what specifically has the Saudi government done recently that is so egregious? Alleged support of terrorist groups? The reality is that our own CIA and government has actually funded and armed many terrorist groups, such as arming al-Quaeda groups to fight against the Assad regime in Syria several years back. And that's not a "conspiracy theory"...that U.S. Gov funding and arming of those groups was pretty much public and admitted.
15 of the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. The families of the victims opposing them is enough for me.
GuerrillaPack
jkpackfan said:

15 of the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. The families of the victims opposing them is enough for me.
9/11 was a false flag. It was not carried out by cave dwellers who could not even fly a Cesna.

3 skyscrapers collapsed at the WTC, including the 47-story WTC Building 7 that was located about a block from the twin towers and was not hit by a plane. All 3 of those buildings had bombs placed inside them which caused the collapses. The buildings collapsed at free fall speed, and not from a "pancake" of floors located above the plane crashes. The planes were a "diversion", used to frame the patsies with the fake "hijacking" story.
Packchem91
The flat earth beliefs just make him a moron. The conspiracy about the election just makes him a conspiracy theorist who thinks any poor result must be coordinated
The above and his beliefs in the school shootings and the Buffalo store shooting (Hollywood actors) make him a despicable person who makes every Christian look bad because he makes his comments clothed as one.
Packchem91
As for golf, another golden round of 59 at Hartford. This course has been passed by by the length and scoring ability of todays player
GuerrillaPack
Packchem91 said:

The flat earth beliefs just make him a moron. The conspiracy about the election just makes him a conspiracy theorist who thinks any poor result must be coordinated
The above and his beliefs in the school shootings and the Buffalo store shooting (Hollywood actors) make him a despicable person who makes every Christian look bad because he makes his comments clothed as one.
In your opinion

Not in reality

To be hated by Leftists and other Establishment boot-lickers is a badge of honor
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

Yep. And he also managed to take a thread THAT WAS ABOUT GOLF and turn it into another of his ridiculous political rants... and just to be fair, I don't disagree with 100% of what he posts, but it's got to be at least 80% at a minimum (about the same as were).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.