US Open -2024

5,960 Views | 133 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Packchem91
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

The flat earth beliefs just make him a moron. The conspiracy about the election just makes him a conspiracy theorist who thinks any poor result must be coordinated
The above and his beliefs in the school shootings and the Buffalo store shooting (Hollywood actors) make him a despicable person who makes every Christian look bad because he makes his comments clothed as one.
In your opinion

Not in reality

To be hated by Leftists and other Establishment boot-lickers is a badge of honor

Or just your average republican Christian who is embarrassed by amd for the family of people like you who's hatred drive people away from the faith

ETA: my last response to you. I'm back on golf.
GuerrillaPack
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

The flat earth beliefs just make him a moron. The conspiracy about the election just makes him a conspiracy theorist who thinks any poor result must be coordinated
The above and his beliefs in the school shootings and the Buffalo store shooting (Hollywood actors) make him a despicable person who makes every Christian look bad because he makes his comments clothed as one.
Yep. And he also managed to take a thread THAT WAS ABOUT GOLF and turn it into another of his ridiculous political rants... and just to be fair, I don't disagree with 100% of what he posts, but it's got to be at least 80% at a minimum (about the same as were).
No, I didn't turn it to politics. I simply posted a live stream to a LIV event, and then some people had to express their hatred of LIV, and then explain that their hatred of LIV stems from the 9/11 supposed "hijackers" being from Saudi Arabia.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

In your opinion

Not in reality

To be hated by Leftists and other Establishment boot-lickers is a badge of honor

Or just your average republican Christian who is embarrassed by amd for the family of people like you who's hatred drive people away from the faith

ETA: my last response to you. I'm back on golf.
Lol "hatred". My hatred of what exactly? My hatred of fraud, lies, wickedness and the criminal Establishment? Yes, guilty as charged.

God hates not only wickedness, but those who are wicked. Do you want me to provide the scriptures on that? I'm not driving anyone away from real "Christianity". Maybe only driving people away from soft, effeminized apostate fake Liberal "Christianity".

How about we talk about your hatred of me, and others like me?

Parroting and using the lame "hate speech" tact is something that a leftist would do, not a republican Christian conservative.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
DrummerboyWolf
GuerrillaPack said:

No, I didn't turn it to politics. I simply posted a live stream to a LIV event, and then some people had to express their hatred of LIV, and then explain that their hatred of LIV stems from the 9/11 supposed "hijackers" being from Saudi Arabia.
Don't worry about it GP. The usual haters always appear. They want to pile on Phil when other great players have left too. Phil knew that he and the other players would take some heat, but again, he was right about pretty much everything the PGA Tour was doing to screw it's own players.

Their idyllic view of the PGA Tour blinds them. Many sponsors on the PGA tour do business with the Saudi's. As of a couple of years ago, the FedEX playoffs were completely sponsored by three companies who do business with the Saudi's. Now that may have changed some, but probably not. Lots of companies in the U. S. do business with the Saudi's.

https://progolfweekly.com/entire-pga-tour-playoffs-sponsored-by-brands-making-billions-from-saudi-arabia/#:~:text=Yet%2C%20if%20you%20look%20at%20the%20U.S.%20tour%E2%80%99s,by%20brands%20with%20a%20presence%20in%20the%20Kingdom.

Blaming 9/11 on Saudi Arabia is foolish. Yes, 15 of the 19 were Saudi Nationals, but they were Islamic terrorists working for Bin Laden. The U. S. Government is no saint with the things they have done around the world. We may have been the "Good Guys" at one time, but right now that is not the case.

If you don't want to watch LIV that is fine. I know I have not watched any PGA sponsored event in going on 2+ years and won't be watching it. If you go back to 2016, 17 of the 34 major champions are now playing on LIV. The Open Championship was not played in 2020(Wonder who was responsible for that? Dr. Fauci, sorry don't want to get political) and we still have that to be played next month. So that is how we will get to 35 and not 36.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
GuerrillaPack
DrummerboyWolf said:

Their idyllic view of the PGA Tour blinds them. Many sponsors on the PGA tour do business with the Saudi's. As of a couple of years ago, the FedEX playoffs were completely sponsored by three companies who do business with the Saudi's. Now that may have changed some, but probably not. Lots of companies in the U. S. do business with the Saudi's.
Good points. A lot of the companies that advertise/sponsor the PGA have huge problems of their own -- for example, fanatically pushing woke communist agendas down our throats. Ooops, "political" again. Seems politics affects most things, and we can't escape it's impact. Good thing this thread is in the Water Cooler.
jkpackfan
GuerrillaPack said:

jkpackfan said:

15 of the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. The families of the victims opposing them is enough for me.
9/11 was a false flag. It was not carried out by cave dwellers who could not even fly a Cesna.

3 skyscrapers collapsed at the WTC, including the 47-story WTC Building 7 that was located about a block from the twin towers and was not hit by a plane. All 3 of those buildings had bombs placed inside them which caused the collapses. The buildings collapsed at free fall speed, and not from a "pancake" of floors located above the plane crashes. The planes were a "diversion", used to frame the patsies with the fake "hijacking" story.
Lmao
jkpackfan
Yeah my fault for getting off topic
Packchem91
DrummerboyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Don't worry about it GP. The usual haters always appear. They want to pile on Phil when other great players have left too. Phil knew that he and the other players would take some heat, but again, he was right about pretty much everything the PGA Tour was doing to screw it's own players.

https://progolfweekly.com/entire-pga-tour-playoffs-sponsored-by-brands-making-billions-from-saudi-arabia/#:~:text=Yet%2C%20if%20you%20look%20at%20the%20U.S.%20tour%E2%80%99s,by%20brands%20with%20a%20presence%20in%20the%20Kingdom.

Blaming 9/11 on Saudi Arabia is foolish. Yes, 15 of the 19 were Saudi Nationals, but they were Islamic terrorists working for Bin Laden. The U. S. Government is no saint with the things they have done around the world. We may have been the "Good Guys" at one time, but right now that is not the case.

If you don't want to watch LIV that is fine. I know I have not watched any PGA sponsored event in going on 2+ years and won't be watching it. If you go back to 2016, 17 of the 34 major champions are now playing on LIV. The Open Championship was not played in 2020(Wonder who was responsible for that? Dr. Fauci, sorry don't want to get political) and we still have that to be played next month. So that is how we will get to 35 and not 36.

Phil would not have left if he didn't get paid $300'm. Sure, he had advocated for some changes, but he took the money. Period. Not to grow the game (laughable, are they even parroting that crap anymore?), not because it's three rounds, not because it's limited fields. All of those things maybe are preferred by him, but he left because he got paid too much not to

The best thing is how I'm sure he thought he was being heroic, and it's basically made him a forgotten figure. And he'll remain that way. And watched his nemesis become even more widely adored even though he has no game left. Gotta sting a little
TheStorm
Somehow every time I try to post on this thread I am now getting blocked from doing so... now I'm sure that since I've typed those words, this time it will probably post just fine.
TheStorm
Haha. I knew it, dammit... for some reason it doesn't want to let me quote a certain poster, so I'll politely just take the hint from the ghost in the machine and stop trying.
caryking
Don't think certain players aren't being paid directly by the PGA, just like what most think Phil took from LIV…
Packchem91
caryking said:

Don't think certain players aren't being paid directly by the PGA, just like what most think Phil took from LIV…

Paid to stay in the league that made them wealthy already and is the place where all the best players were -
Great, that sounds logical reinvestment.
Taking a ton of $ to leave the league that made you wealthy amd then recruiting other top players to hurt the league that made you wealthy, AND the fans who contributed to your wealth, makes you a pariah

Imagine if the sultans paid Mahomes and some other top players (10-20%) to start up a competitive league to the NFL, giving the fans two watered down products. I'm gonna suggest Mahomes would lose a ton of his popularity. Amd if he tried to be foolish and suggest it was to help spread the game, then he'd also lose the respect of most people, just like Phil
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Paid to stay in the league that made them wealthy already and is the place where all the best players were -
Taking a ton of $ to leave the league that made you wealthy amd then recruiting other top players to hurt the league that made you wealthy, AND the fans who contributed to your wealth, makes you a pariah

Imagine if the sultans paid Mahomes and some other top players (10-20%) to start up a competitive league to the NFL, giving the fans two watered down products. I'm gonna suggest Mahomes would lose a ton of his popularity. Amd if he tried to be foolish and suggest it was to help spread the game, then he'd also lose the respect of most people, just like Phil
Chem, I'm not sure I'm able to follow what you're saying. Make your post a little simpler to understand, please…
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Chem, I'm not sure I'm able to follow what you're saying. Make your post a little simpler to understand, please…

Paying your own stars as you suggest (or the stars expecting it) is one thing.
But those stars taking the money and running away from the very league that made them rich and famous (and lying that they are doing it to spread the game) is a ****** move.

TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

But those stars taking the money and running away from the very league that made them rich and famous (and lying that they are doing it to spread the game) is a dick move.

Yep. 100%.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

But those stars taking the money and running away from the very league that made them rich and famous (and lying that they are doing it to spread the game) is a ****** move.
On the surface, your post makes perfect sense…. Now, ask yourself… am I missing something?
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

On the surface, your post makes perfect sense…. Now, ask yourself… am I missing something?

No. At least not anything that would change my perspective
He/they had every right to chase the $
And others and I can think they are full of bleep for trying to sell it as anything other than a selfish move that has hurt the product overall

But hey, for all but Bryson, those guys can enjoy playing in almost complete anonymity at the "bro-tour" with its concert theme at every hole.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

And others and I can think they are full of bleep for trying to sell it as anything other than a selfish move that has hurt the product overall

But hey, for all but Bryson, those guys can enjoy playing in almost complete anonymity at the "bro-tour" with its concert theme at every hole.
what's the old saying...

"walk a mile in my shoe"
DrummerboyWolf
caryking said:

what's the old saying...

"walk a mile in my shoe"
Cary they are oblivious to the facts. They only know that Phil is to blame for all that has happened to the PGA Tour. He is a bad person because he stole everybody else from the PGA Tour and now it's watered down. No thought that the PGA Tour is the main character to blame. Phil tried to work it with them but they would not listen and now who is floundering? It's not the LIV players or the Saudi's.

First off, Phil earned every bit of money he got from the PGA tour, He was destined to be great at golf no matter where he played. He won as an Amateur and had an excellent 30 year career. He owes the PGA Tour nothing and the Tour doesn't owe him a thing either. Phil had an exciting way about him. He always went for it, damn the consequences. It worked out pretty well for him winning 45 times. He gave back to the fans. Always signing autographs, giving little kids a ball or a glove, and kibitzing with the fans when he was around. And that was a lot of the time off the tee. Phil made Phil wealthy. Not the PGA Tour. Remember there were no guaranteed contracts for the Tour(until this year if they have gone through with it), but nobody complains when X baseball player or Y football player get Z millions of dollars guaranteed. Phil and others take the guarantee and they are such bad people. Give me a break!

The average age of the PGA Tour viewer is 60+ years of age. Not a great demographic to cater to for long term for obvious reasons. LIV is trying to reach out to younger fans and sometimes you have to change some things, especially with the 20 second attention span of most 30 year olds and younger.

Media rights. The PGA Tour owns every single shot that is on video of any shot Phil or anybody else has attempted. Bryson now has his own YouTube Channel where he gets hundreds of thousands of clicks on all the time. He couldn't do that when he was on the PGA Tour. Every one of the "Matches" that Phil was a part of, he had to pay $1 million back to the PGA Tour for media rights. Sometimes you have to break the system to fix the system.

Not only are the LIV guys making money, but the PGA Tour players are making more money too. Many have called Phil to thank him for that. So other players are benefitting from LIV.

All they had to do was listen to the video I posted last week, but they are too stubborn, obstinate, and continue to be misinformed and obtuse on the subject.

I could post more stuff, but it's not worth the time and effort for those who will not see.

Packchem91 did get one thing right. This is still America and the guys who did go to LIV have a right to choose. No matter what you do for a living, if people come and offer totally life changing money, then not only are they going to think about it, they are probably going to take it.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

what's the old saying...

"walk a mile in my shoe"

I know it's your thing to drop these subtle insides hints like you know something that no one else does, but I have no clue what your comment means
You've hinted that the pga is bad we'll tell me why

*edited to remove reference that may have been political as that is not what this is about
Packchem91
DrummerboyWolf said:

caryking said:

what's the old saying...

"walk a mile in my shoe"
Cary they are oblivious to the facts. They only know that Phil is to blame for all that has happened to the PGA Tour. He is a bad person because he stole everybody else from the PGA Tour and now it's watered down. No thought that the PGA Tour is the main character to blame. Phil tried to work it with them but they would not listen and now who is floundering? It's not the LIV players or the Saudi's.

First off, Phil earned every bit of money he got from the PGA tour, He was destined to be great at golf no matter where he played. He won as an Amateur and had an excellent 30 year career. He owes the PGA Tour nothing and the Tour doesn't owe him a thing either. Phil had an exciting way about him. He always went for it, damn the consequences. It worked out pretty well for him winning 45 times. He gave back to the fans. Always signing autographs, giving little kids a ball or a glove, and kibitzing with the fans when he was around. And that was a lot of the time off the tee. Phil made Phil wealthy. Not the PGA Tour. Remember there were no guaranteed contracts for the Tour(until this year if they have gone through with it), but nobody complains when X baseball player or Y football player get Z millions of dollars guaranteed. Phil and others take the guarantee and they are such bad people. Give me a break!

The average age of the PGA Tour viewer is 60+ years of age. Not a great demographic to cater to for long term for obvious reasons. LIV is trying to reach out to younger fans and sometimes you have to change some things, especially with the 20 second attention span of most 30 year olds and younger.

Media rights. The PGA Tour owns every single shot that is on video of any shot Phil or anybody else has attempted. Bryson now has his own YouTube Channel where he gets hundreds of thousands of clicks on all the time. He couldn't do that when he was on the PGA Tour. Every one of the "Matches" that Phil was a part of, he had to pay $1 million back to the PGA Tour for media rights. Sometimes you have to break the system to fix the system.

Not only are the LIV guys making money, but the PGA Tour players are making more money too. Many have called Phil to thank him for that. So other players are benefitting from LIV.

All they had to do was listen to the video I posted last week, but they are too stubborn, obstinate, and continue to be misinformed and obtuse on the subject.

I could post more stuff, but it's not worth the time and effort for those who will not see.

Packchem91 did get one thing right. This is still America and the guys who did go to LIV have a right to choose. No matter what you do for a living, if people come and offer totally life changing money, then not only are they going to think about it, they are probably going to take it.

You could say the same about you. Phil could take all your earthly possessions and you'd still worship at his altar, lol.

And while Phil's skills helped earn him his pay, the Tour enabled that. He was an independent contractor, but note he chose to align to the PGAT, not the European league or the Asian league, etc. He'd not be nearly as rich today if he had.
So the PGA 100% enabled him significantly. And of course, really Tiger Woods enabled him, because he was the guy who drove the money increase

As for Phil's fans, how is that working now.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

what's the old saying...

"walk a mile in my shoe"

I know it's your thing to drop these subtle insides hints like you know something that no one else does, but I have no clue what your comment means

*edited to remove reference that may have been political as that is not what this is about
Chem, unfortunately I can't talk about the things I've been exposed to…. The PGA is no different than the NCAA. That said, they are the organization that is golf, as we've known for a long time. Now, we have LIV, that gets a bad reputation, from some, on here…

All I'm saying is: walk a mile in their shoes before casting judgement on the whole thing. Really, nothing more than that.
TheStorm
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

what's the old saying...

"walk a mile in my shoe"

Chem, unfortunately I can't talk about the things I've been exposed to…. The PGA is no different than the NCAA. That said, they are the organization that is golf, as we've known for a long time. Now, we have LIV, that gets a bad reputation, from some, on here…

All I'm saying is: walk a mile in their shoes before casting judgement on the whole thing. Really, nothing more than that.
Ummm. You've heard exactly one other involved person's personal opinion so far... get out of here with this new "things that I've been exposed to" line.
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

what's the old saying...

"walk a mile in my shoe"

Ummm. You've heard exactly one other involved person's personal opinion so far... get out of here with this new "things that I've been exposed to" line.
Storm, and you know that.. how?? Do you know who I'm referring too? Just because we have a relationship with a person, doesn't mean we don't have a relationship with others. Remember, Paul Casey is on that team and has carried Stitch stuff at the Masters. Who else do we know?
TheStorm
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

what's the old saying...

"walk a mile in my shoe"

Storm, and you know that.. how?? Do you know who I'm referring too? Just because we have a relationship with a person, doesn't mean we don't have a relationship with others. Remember, Paul Casey is on that team and has carried Stitch stuff at the Masters. Who else do we know?
And I've been reading your posts on it since the beginning as well... I'm not buying it, or it would have been said before just now. Nothing against you personally, as you are just repeating what someone told you...
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

what's the old saying...

"walk a mile in my shoe"

Meh, sorry, I don't buy it, though there isn't a company in the world where every employee is 100% happy.

The compare of PGA to NCAA makes zero sense when you know that the players on PGA tour have been paid lots of money for performance and been allowed to negotiate contracts worth millions more with advertisements. Like, the polar opposite of the NCAA (until last year or two)

caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

what's the old saying...

"walk a mile in my shoe"

Meh, sorry, I don't buy it, though there isn't a company in the world where every employee is 100% happy.

The compare of PGA to NCAA makes zero sense when you know that the players on PGA tour have been paid lots of money for performance and been allowed to negotiate contracts worth millions more with advertisements. Like, the polar opposite of the NCAA (until last year or two)
ok, NBA or NFL...
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

what's the old saying...

"walk a mile in my shoe"

And I've been reading your posts on it since the beginning as well... I'm not buying it, or it would have been said before just now. Nothing against you personally, as you are just repeating what someone told you...
Storm, you are correct... I am repeating what someone else is saying. I do not and have never pretended to have 1st hand information. That said, when a poster makes a comment like:

All I'm saying is that, based on my information, I have a different perspective than perhaps others... Accept or not, that's your free will...

Packchem91
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

what's the old saying...

"walk a mile in my shoe"

Storm, you are correct... I am repeating what someone else is saying. I do not and have never pretended to have 1st hand information. That said, when a poster makes a comment like:

All I'm saying is that, based on my information, I have a different perspective than perhaps others... Accept or not, that's your free will...

My comment was mostly about Phil. There is zero doubt in my mind he was chasing the $.
I'm sure there are some golfers particularly some fringe guys who were struggling on the PGAT, who sought a new opportunity. And a guaranteed paycheck

But no, you'll never convince me that a single decimal was made taht was not foremost $$ driven, including the guy who played at my home course who left Vandy early to go get paid.

*I can't speak for any of the players who migrated over from the international tours.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.