US Open -2024

6,885 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by jkpackfan
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know what the projected cut is?
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

jkpackfan
It's at +3 currently according to espn but I bet it gets to at least +4.
TheStorm
jkpackfan said:

It's at +3 currently according to espn but I bet it gets to at least +4.
caryking
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

No TV coverage this morning... Only on Peacock until 1:00 PM.

Really? I'm on the office today so would miss regardless, but USA is not covering like yesterday?
That would stink.

Yes. I'm watching on the US Open website but you can only follow certain groups... so, I'm not going to be able to prove to Cary that he has a STITCH bag on the course.
It's Michael McGowan. His family owns Pine Needles and Mid Pines CC.
caryking
If you saw Bryson being interviewed around 5:15 today, he is wearing a custom made shirt we did for the Crushers…. It's good looking! I have one in my closet…
packgrad
caryking said:

If you saw Bryson being interviewed around 5:15 today, he is wearing a custom made shirt we did for the Crushers…. It's good looking! I have one in my closet…

Followed him a couple holes today. Dope shirt.
Packchem91
NBC has to be hating that it's not Rory / Dechambeau in the final group that would drive ratings
I don't want the winner coming from the final group now

My guy Finau shot himself in the foot with the back and forth shots on 13.

In addition to no Frenchmen winning the US Open, I'll add "no guys playing with stupid team logos" to win either.
And no slow play Cantlay.
jkpackfan
Packchem91 said:

NBC has to be hating that it's not Rory / Dechambeau in the final group that would drive ratings
I don't want the winner coming from the final group now

My guy Finau shot himself in the foot with the back and forth shots on 13.

In addition to no Frenchmen winning the US Open, I'll add "no guys playing with stupid team logos" to win either.
Agreed with all above, I'm hoping for Rory and maybe Finau will get back in it.
GuerrillaPack
Team DeChambeau all the way for me. He's my favorite golfer by far right now. I always pull for Americans. I've never liked McIlroy, and he's one goofy looking dude anyway. After DeChambeau, I primarily pull for Spieth, Koepka, and Dustin Johnson. And Phil Mickelson...he was my favorite for years. Never liked Tiger.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
DrummerboyWolf
caryking said:

Cary, your guy is going to be on for pretty much every shot today unless he just totally tanks. Great free advertising for your brand the last couple of days. I am sure you guys are killing it online!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
caryking
DrummerboyWolf said:

caryking said:

Cary, your guy is going to be on for pretty much every shot today unless he just totally tanks. Great free advertising for your brand the last couple of days. I am sure you guys are killing it online!
The traffic, to the website, is always through the roof, when Bryson is in the spotlight. In fact, we launched the shirts he has worn this week, for sale.

Bryson should be wearing the solid blue/navy shirt today, as that's his routine.

I hope he doesn't tank, for him, as he is starting to really be viewed as a good person.
caryking
GuerrillaPack said:

Team DeChambeau all the way for me. He's my favorite golfer by far right now. I always pull for Americans. I've never liked McIlroy, and he's one goofy looking dude anyway. After DeChambeau, I primarily pull for Spieth, Koepka, and Dustin Johnson. And Phil Mickelson...he was my favorite for years. Never liked Tiger.
I agree with part of this. I didn't care for Tiger, in the early says, as I wanted to be the contrarian. Since his troubles, I've pulled for Tiger. I always like to see people overcome issues.

DeChambeau
Koepka
Fowler
Scheffler
Mickelson
Rham
Tiger
Sometimes Spieth
DrummerboyWolf
caryking said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

caryking said:

The traffic, to the website, is always through the roof, when Bryson is in the spotlight. In fact, we launched the shirts he has worn this week, for sale.

Bryson should be wearing the solid blue/navy shirt today, as that's his routine.

I hope he doesn't tank, for him, as he is starting to really be viewed as a good person.
I think most of the people who thought he was a bad person was most of the commentators. He definitely had a different way of doing things and that bothers some of the "people in the know" who think they know best. He was a competitor trying to get better and sometimes that can be taken out of context. He does seem much looser and that is good.

I don't think he will tank today, but the U. S. Open can make the very best look really silly. If they don't let the course get away from them then I think he has an excellent chance to win his 2nd U. S. Open.
Packchem91
caryking said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

caryking said:

Still not going to pull for BD, but I will say this, I watched the media session with him on Live From late last night, and was super impressed. He was humble about his past actions/attitude, admitted he had learned a lot and how to handle things differently, etc
And that seems clear from the little bit we see him

One of my sons said this weeks ago, and think he was 100% right - he is the one LIV golfer who has actually benefited and become much more popular with the regular fans

All that said, I hope Rory or Tony smoke him today, but I also don't think BD will just fall over
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

I can't pull for any of the LIV guys. That's the only issue that I have with Bryson.

Cantlay has never bothered me.
jkpackfan
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

I can't pull for any of the LIV guys. That's the only issue that I have with Bryson.

No LIV for me either and the only one I'd probably consider would be Cam Smith. Never was a Bryson fan before he jumped ship. I'll admit he's gotten better but still just can't root for him over the pga guys.
Packchem91
jkpackfan said:

TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

No LIV for me either and the only one I'd probably consider would be Cam Smith. Never was a Bryson fan before he jumped ship. I'll admit he's gotten better but still just can't root for him over the pga guys.

I know it's a trivial thing, but the LIV guys wearing those stupid logos is a bit of a slap in the face move. At the minimum it's a way they have secured that I won't ever pull for any of them (granted, not that any of them care about that).
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

Cantlay is so deliberate it drives me nuts.

Btw, the pairing of he and Rory should be pretty good too. They had a bit of bad blood during the Ryder Cup, and it sounds like Rory is still not a fan of Cantlay.
That is probably good for golf to have some conflict like that

TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

I know it's a trivial thing, but the LIV guys wearing those stupid logos is a bit of a slap in the face move. At the minimum it's a way they have secured that I won't ever pull for any of them (granted, not that any of them care about that).
I couldn't agree more Chem...

BTW, Happy Father's Day - hope you were able to get all three of them back in town for the day.
wilmwolf
I'm on record that the team aspect of LIV, including the dumb names, is my least favorite part of their format. With that said, I'm not surprised they wear their gear, that's what they get paid to wear just like everyone else playing. It certainly isn't the worst gear being worn of late, that honor goes to the ugly ass brand that Jason Day is endorsing now. Woof. Also the new tiger brand looks atrocious to me. Every guy has to have their own logo and brand now.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
caryking
I will say this… I don't care for any of the golf associations. They are like the NCAA as far as I'm concerned. Now, if we ever get together, I can tell you some things I can't post here. Your mind might be less antithetical towards LIV…

The stories, I've heard (well, my Brother has heard) straight from the mouths of some LIV players, are fascinating…
Packchem91
wilmwolf said:

I'm on record that the team aspect of LIV, including the dumb names, is my least favorite part of their format. With that said, I'm not surprised they wear their gear, that's what they get paid to wear just like everyone else playing. It certainly isn't the worst gear being worn of late, that honor goes to the ugly ass brand that Jason Day is endorsing now. Woof. Also the new tiger brand looks atrocious to me. Every guy has to have their own logo and brand now.

Saw Day in 2nd round in Charlotte and it was the worst outfit I'd ever seen. He looked like a gardener
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

I couldn't agree more Chem...

BTW, Happy Father's Day - hope you were able to get all three of them back in town for the day.

Thank you. I'm blessed they are all living right here in Charlotte-area and will be over shortly to watch golf and swim

Hope your family is well too
GuerrillaPack
I stopped watching after about the 12th hole or so, when it looked like McIlroy was about to take a one shot lead. Then flipped it back over just before Rory missed that par put on the 18th. Hell of a bunker shot by Bryson on 18th. Man, if Bryson could just clean up all those fairway misses, he would be really hard to beat. I think it may be a better strategy to hit driver around 15-20 yards shorter as long as you are hitting fairways.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
packgrad
Congrats, Cary. Heck of a weekend.
WarrenPeace
Rory choked. Bryson was clutch
wilmwolf
Rory just doesn't have the killer in him unless it's the Ryder Cup.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
DrummerboyWolf
WarrenPeace said:

Rory choked. Bryson was clutch
Yep and this one is going to leave a scar missing those two short putts. Possibly another year with no MclIroy majors. Just breaks my heart....AWWW.. well maybe not.

Congrats to Bryson. He wasn't great today but he hit the shots he needed and was definitely clutch.
caryking
That was a good weekend of golf, for sure…. Of course, I'm happy with Bryson winning.
caryking
packgrad said:

Congrats, Cary. Heck of a weekend.
My brother was sitting on the porch, at 18 today. He said Bryson pointed out to him and gave him a thumbs up, after the win…. I was sitting at the house having Father's Day Hot Dogs!!
GuerrillaPack
Loved watching Bryson go through the crowd with the trophy. He's the people's champion.

Watching the post tournament show on Golf Channel right now. I really love the commentary by Brandel Chamblee. He's by far the best commentator they have on these major events, and really provides great insight.
Packchem91
Gotta give BD credit. He got a lot of breaks - he hit it into the natural area on almost every drive but got really good lies on almost every one of them. That said, he took advantage and was clutch short game to stay in touch and then capitalized when Rory choked

That 2nd and 3ed shot on 18, with that pressure, was amazing.
Packchem91
wilmwolf said:

Rory just doesn't have the killer in him unless it's the Ryder Cup.

Just saw a stat that Rory had not missed a putt under 3 feet all year. Missed two in the last several holes.
When you saw the side slope he was on though, you knew that last putt was gonna be difficult
GuerrillaPack

TheStorm
Well, Bryson did what he needed to do to win and he was certainly a very deserving champion... but I have to admit that I absolutely hated seeing a LIV guy win a major.

BTW, why doesn't Brooks Koepka wear those goofy LIV team uniforms when he plays in a major?

Cary, my earlier comments regarding DeChambeau aside - I'm really thrilled for your company and all the additional exposure you got again this week. I know it's difficult with stripes, but you guys needed just a little better contrast with that shirt logo yesterday... constructively speaking.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.