2024 Elections

91,176 Views | 1637 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by packgrad
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Also this.

jkpackfan
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Also this.

That the right so willing, eager, even to let a medical issue personally affecting .008% of kids age 12-17 to so consistently enter the conversation in the runup to the election illustrates perfectly how the right continues to step on their own dick electorally.

Our country would be a helluva lot better off if the Trump-worshiping and Trump-adjacent right was as concerned with preserving democracy and participating in sensible health care legislation for 100% of the country as they were dictating medical decisions affecting an infintesimally small proportion of teenage children.

Were the messages sent in 2018 and 2020 and 2022 that the right's pet culture war causes are not election winners not enough? Gonna keep riding the drag queen and trans surgeries and locker room issues straight into the ground, huh?

At this point the right throwing their weight behind Haley is as sure a bet as you can have that Biden won't win. Trump may win but distracting the conversation with abortion and trans kids is not going to help you get there at all.

Nobody gives a **** what the guy that supports mutulating a hormonal teenager thinks republicans should do. You're not a Republican. You're not independent. You're not even a traditional Democrat. You are far left.

Far leftists wanting Haley is enough for republicans not to vote for her.

You don't need to care what I think but you damn-sure better care what the electorate thinks or else the Pubs will lose again, just like in 18, 20, and 22.

This is just more hysteria from the right.

The right has completely lost its rudder.

The right is consumed with Trump and just staking out a position opposite of what the left says, instead of figuring out what's best for the right or our country indpendent of what the left thinks. It's all about opposing the left, the MSM, the LGBTQ crowd, the woke, whatever they think most typifies the left instead of thinking independently and actually governing proactively instead of simply responding to the left.

One of the many things that's dumb about this approach is it completely rules out bipartisan or pragmatic decisions that the right and left can agree on. Because anything anyone on the left says or thinks or wants must be wrong simply because they said it.

I'd give my left nut to hear what Reagan or HW or W or Ford honestly thought about the current state of things in the Republican party.
And I'd damn sure love to hear what JFK had to say about how far left his party has moved. We can do this on either side.
packgrad
Hey look, it's not only the right opposed to the relationship between Biden and the media.

SmaptyWolf
packgrad said:

Also this.

Cool story! Could also be that several South American countries have imploded in recent years, which tends to generate a ton of asylum seekers.

Hilariously, Latin Americans tend to be very conservative by nature. Black people too, for that matter... the only reason Biden is President is because most black people wouldn't vote for Bernie. If you guys weren't such unbelievable morons you could have had a permanent conservative majority in this country ages ago.
packgrad
Great stuff from Vivek.

"I reject this left wing narrative that's creating more artificial division."

"… not by saying fake poll tested slogans"

So good.

Vivek…. Serious candidate.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRcXQdyN/
Civilized
packgrad said:

Great stuff from Vivek.

So good.

Vivek's interest is in lib-owning and not governing, just like Trump.

And it's not resonating with the electorate.

In primary polling Haley's at 30%. Ramaswamy's at 5%, behind even DeSantis and Christie.

Wonder if he runs it back in 2028. His base overlaps too much with Trump's for him to be a factor in any race where Trump himself is running. I could see him polling a lot better once Trump is out of the picture.
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Great stuff from Vivek.

So good.

Vivek's interest is in lib-owning and not governing, just like Trump.

And it's not resonating with the electorate.

In primary polling Haley's at 30%. Ramaswamy's at 5%, behind even DeSantis and Christie.

Wonder if he runs it back in 2028. His base overlaps too much with Trump's for him to be a factor in any race where Trump himself is running. I could see him polling a lot better once Trump is out of the picture.
"Lib-owning and not governing". Sounds like a poll tested slogan. You guys literally repeat the same drivel over and over. You don't listen to what is said. You just say what you've read someone else say about the person. Having an opinion contrary to what the left's overlords tell them is "not governing".

Zzzzzzz
packgrad
Speaking of polling and serious candidates...

Trump is polling at 61.8". Hailey is at 11.2%.

Maybe she should run it back in 2028 when she has a chance.
GrillOut
packgrad said:

Do you think Trump has a chance in this upcoming election?

packgrad
packgrad
GrillOut said:

packgrad said:

Yes.
caryking
GrillOut said:

packgrad said:

Absolutely!!! That said, the RNC needs to get very good at Lawfare real quick.

Lawfare is the use of legal systems and institutions to damage or delegitimize an opponent, or to deter an individual's usage of their legal rights.

The term may refer to the use of legal systems and principles against an enemy, such as by damaging or delegitimizing them, wasting their time and money (e.g. SLAPP suits), or winning a public relations victory.

Alternatively, it may describe a tactic used by repressive regimes to label and discourage civil society or individuals from claiming their legal rights via national or international legal systems. This is especially common in situations when individuals and civil society use non-violent methods to highlight or oppose discrimination, corruption, lack of democracy, limiting freedom of speech, violations of human rights and violations of international humanitarian law.

You know, do it better than the Democrats!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Civilized
packgrad said:

I said in the primary. In the New Hampshire primary Trump's at 42%, Haley's at 30%, then you have Christie around 10% and Trump acolytes Ramaswamy and DeSantis around 5%.

Haley's support is strongly up in NH since September, going from around 10% to now 30%. Vivek's is down from a high of 9% to around 5% currently.

The general election doesn't matter if you can't win a primary, and the primaries are where candidates get momentum working towards the general election.

And yes, Haley would also do better in 28 after Trump is gone. That's true of all Pub candidates.

So what's wrong with Vivek's approach?

What could or should he do to represent to Americans he's the one to lead them? His current message obviously isn't working.

You obviously don't agree with anything I say, so you tell me.
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

I said in the primary. In the New Hampshire primary Trump's at 42%, Haley's at 30%, then you have Christie around 10% and Trump acolytes Ramaswamy and DeSantis around 5%.

Haley's support is strongly up in NH since September, going from around 10% to now 30%. Vivek's is down from a high of 9% to around 5% currently.

The general election doesn't matter if you can't win a primary, and the primaries are where candidates get momentum working towards the general election.

And yes, Haley would also do better in 28 after Trump is gone. That's true of all Pub candidates.

What could or should he do to represent to Americans he's the one to lead them? His current message obviously isn't working.

The victim card again....

I'm well aware of how primaries work. Vivek isn't going to be the presidential candidate from the republican party this year. Trump will be. What he might be is the VP.

I don't think anything is wrong with Vivek's approach. You cite Christie and Haley as serious candidates, yet Vivek polls comparably to them in most states, behind Hailey in most, ahead of Christie in most. Desantis ahead of all 3 in most states. Let's break it down according to 538 using the Morning Consult poll. If state not listed, it did not have the poll listed.
State Trump Hailey DeSantis Vivek Christie
Ala 66 10 16 6 2
Az 64 9 11 7 5
Cal 71 8 10 7 2
FL 60 8 23 5 2
GA 66 10 14 6 2
ILL 65 8 15 6 3
IND 59 11 18 5 3
IA 58 15 14 10 3
KY 72 7 12 6 1
LA 75 7 9 5 1
MD 62 12 13 9 3
MA 55 18 10 6 6
MI 65 10 13 8 3
MO 65 9 14 7 3
NV 67 9 10 10 3
NJ 66 10 10 7 4
NY 66 8 13 5 4
NC 67 9 14 5 3
OH 69 8 11 6 3
OK 69 6 12 7 3
PA 63 9 14 6 4
SC 57 19 13 6 2
TN 66 8 17 4 2
TX 69 7 12 7 2
VA 63 9 14 7 5
WI 56 13 17 6 2

NH, using CNN poll, had Trump 39, Hailey 32, Christy 12, Vivek 8, DeSantis 5. CNN has history of being a Democrat propaganda news network, and their polling numbers aren't similar to ANY other state above. I think it is probably bull***** One state with a poll paid for by CNN does not make truth.

I don't see a huge statistical difference in Vivek versus Hailey. Christie shouldn't even be in the conversation. Pretty much the only people I hear speaking about him are Democrats. . It seems pretty clearly that the order is Trump, Desantis, Hailey, Vivek, and Christie. Trump holds a commanding lead in all states.

Edit to add.... spacing clearly did not work on the polling numbers by state. I would tend to think most can figure it out.

jkpackfan
packgrad said:

Amen it's not that hard and it's designed this way. We should never allow mail in ballots and everyone should have to provide a government ID to vote. For the life of me I don't understand how any human with half of a brain could have a problem with that.
caryking
jkpackfan said:

packgrad said:

Amen it's not that hard and it's designed this way. We should never allow mail in ballots and everyone should have to provide a government ID to vote. For the life of me I don't understand how any human with half of a brain could have a problem with that.
Some just want an invalid, sitting on their death bed, to vote…

Voting is something all people should want to do. That said, it's should always the priority of the individual to figure it out. Sometimes things just don't go in our favor; so, it is what it is…. Can't get there.. it wasn't a priority enough.

Joe Biden
caryking
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

The victim card again....

I'm well aware of how primaries work. Vivek isn't going to be the presidential candidate from the republican party this year. Trump will be. What he might be is the VP.

I don't think anything is wrong with Vivek's approach. You cite Christie and Haley as serious candidates, yet Vivek polls comparably to them in most states, behind Hailey in most, ahead of Christie in most. Desantis ahead of all 3 in most states. Let's break it down according to 538 using the Morning Consult poll. If state not listed, it did not have the poll listed.
State Trump Hailey DeSantis Vivek Christie
Ala 66 10 16 6 2
Az 64 9 11 7 5
Cal 71 8 10 7 2
FL 60 8 23 5 2
GA 66 10 14 6 2
ILL 65 8 15 6 3
IND 59 11 18 5 3
IA 58 15 14 10 3
KY 72 7 12 6 1
LA 75 7 9 5 1
MD 62 12 13 9 3
MA 55 18 10 6 6
MI 65 10 13 8 3
MO 65 9 14 7 3
NV 67 9 10 10 3
NJ 66 10 10 7 4
NY 66 8 13 5 4
NC 67 9 14 5 3
OH 69 8 11 6 3
OK 69 6 12 7 3
PA 63 9 14 6 4
SC 57 19 13 6 2
TN 66 8 17 4 2
TX 69 7 12 7 2
VA 63 9 14 7 5
WI 56 13 17 6 2

NH, using CNN poll, had Trump 39, Hailey 32, Christy 12, Vivek 8, DeSantis 5. CNN has history of being a Democrat propaganda news network, and their polling numbers aren't similar to ANY other state above. I think it is probably bull***** One state with a poll paid for by CNN does not make truth.

I don't see a huge statistical difference in Vivek versus Hailey. Christie shouldn't even be in the conversation. Pretty much the only people I hear speaking about him are Democrats. . It seems pretty clearly that the order is Trump, Desantis, Hailey, Vivek, and Christie. Trump holds a commanding lead in all states.

Edit to add.... spacing clearly did not work on the polling numbers by state. I would tend to think most can figure it out.

Haley is being propped up by the elite!

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
I don't think I'm elite but I'll take the compliment!

Outside of death, Trump will be the nominee. Even if he does, hell I still think he'll be the nominee
caryking
hokiewolf said:

I don't think I'm elite but I'll take the compliment!

Outside of death, Trump will be the nominee. Even if he does, hell I still think he'll be the nominee
Come on Hokie, you're elite and you know it…

I truly wish we had a candidate that was very libertarian, true free market, at the same time believed in a MAGA mindset. If so, I believe we could unify the party (except for the elite) and win big.

Joe Biden
jkpackfan
This is insane if true
packgrad
I don't know how anyone could look at the polling and think anyone else would be the candidate.

Trump prosecutor in ATL in trouble now. Looks like her get rich quick scheme with her boyfriend has come to light. He never even tried a felony case before!!

jkpackfan
jkpackfan
Lmao
Civilized
jkpackfan said:

packgrad said:

Puh-lease.

If we hand-counted our ballots in 6 hours and Biden had won, we'd have people with pitchforks and torches taking to Twitter and TruthSocial decrying all the errors that they were sure real people were making in the count, and how there was NO WAY that people could count that fast when it took some states longer to do machine counts and how there was simply NO WAY that Weekend at Bernie's could get elected unless the people counting the votes were crooked and how...and how...

We all know that's true.

Again, the guy that Trump appointed to head CISA - Chris Krebbs - was fired for rebutting Trump's loony claims that the election was stolen.

The problem wasn't the election method, or the count, or election fraud, or anything else with logistics.

The only problem was that Trump and his followers didn't like the election result.
Civilized
packgrad said:

I don't know how anyone could look at the polling and think anyone else would be the candidate.

Agree on this.

It would take a historic come-from-behind win for Trump not to take it. Don't see that happening.
caryking
Civilized said:

jkpackfan said:

packgrad said:

Puh-lease.

If we hand-counted our ballots in 6 hours and Biden had won, we'd have people with pitchforks and torches taking to Twitter and TruthSocial decrying all the errors that they were sure real people were making in the count, and how there was NO WAY that people could count that fast when it took some states longer to do machine counts and how there was simply NO WAY that Weekend at Bernie's could get elected unless the people counting the votes were crooked and how...and how...

We all know that's true.

Again, the guy that Trump appointed to head CISA - Chris Krebbs - was fired for rebutting Trump's loony claims that the election was stolen.

The problem wasn't the election method, or the count, or election fraud, or anything else with logistics.

The only problem was that Trump and his followers didn't like the election result.
Once again… a liberal at heart likes to explain the thoughts, feelings, opinions, and other analogies of the conservative mind!

Joe Biden
DrummerboyWolf
packgrad said:

Trump prosecutor in ATL in trouble now. Looks like her get rich quick scheme with her boyfriend has come to light. He never even tried a felony case before!!

No corruption in Fulton County at all. I am sure that Fanni's paramour was singing this song.

Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
SmaptyWolf
Civilized said:

jkpackfan said:

packgrad said:

Puh-lease.

We all know that's true.

P.S. It's actually harder to commit election fraud with a mail-in ballot than it is voting in person. There are more checks/balances/paper trails, not to mention more potential crimes when you're messing with the post office.

Republicans actually loved mail-in ballots prior to 2020, because it helped their elderly Fox News viewers vote in droves. It wasn't until the pandemic pushed mail-in voting to "those" Dem voters, allowing them to do an end run around years of voter suppression, that it became an existential problem for Republicans.
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

GrillOut said:

packgrad said:

Absolutely!!! That said, the RNC needs to get very good at Lawfare real quick.

Lawfare is the use of legal systems and institutions to damage or delegitimize an opponent, or to deter an individual's usage of their legal rights.

The term may refer to the use of legal systems and principles against an enemy, such as by damaging or delegitimizing them, wasting their time and money (e.g. SLAPP suits), or winning a public relations victory.

Alternatively, it may describe a tactic used by repressive regimes to label and discourage civil society or individuals from claiming their legal rights via national or international legal systems. This is especially common in situations when individuals and civil society use non-violent methods to highlight or oppose discrimination, corruption, lack of democracy, limiting freedom of speech, violations of human rights and violations of international humanitarian law.

You know, do it better than the Democrats!!!

So, fantasize all kinds of nefarious activity that you have no proof of but are just certain that your "enemies" are doing, and then use that to justify trashing the constitution and behaving like lawless thugs? Cool!

Man, the sooner you MAGA loons crawl back under your rocks and are paved over the better. History will not judge you kindly.
packgrad
Smapty wishing death on other posters here. And one of you liked it.

Disgusting.
SmaptyWolf
packgrad said:

Smapty wishing death on other posters here. And one of you guys, probably civ, liked it.

Disgusting.

You make it obvious every day that you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, but surely you understand metaphors. Ok never mind, maybe you don't.
Oldsouljer
packgrad said:

Yeah, I was just going to say that 30% for Haley, is not a credible poll.
packgrad
Democrats/reporters like smapty.

packgrad
CNN sponsored poll. Why anyone would believe anything on that network, as it pertains to politics, is beyond me. Straight Democrat propaganda.
Civilized
packgrad said:

CNN sponsored poll. Why anyone would believe anything on that network, as it pertains to politics, is beyond me. Straight Democrat propaganda.

That's why you should look at poll aggregators like 538 not individual polls.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-primary-r/2024/new-hampshire/

You can see how the different pollsters poll and how the polls evolve over time. It's really informative.

Y'all act like the left corners the market on falsely rosy polls. Go read about Rasmussen or Trafalgar. The same Trafalgar that kept indicating Trump would win in 2020. Same deal with them as with CNN, just flipped; constantly skewed right.

But even they have value and shouldn't be ignored, and even polls that skew typically do so within a standard deviation. They're normally in the right order of magnitude and some polls pick up on things others miss, like particular state races being closer than some pollsters are indicating.

Pollster's reputation is on the line; they look like complete idiots if they say Haley is at 29% in New Hampshire and she actually finishes at 9%. There are no guarantees but at this time I'd bet a lot more money on her finishing closer to 30% than 10% in New Hampshire.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.