TRUMP 2024

431,357 Views | 5989 Replies | Last: 44 min ago by Werewolf
SmaptyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

Lol, the word "diagnosed" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here. If the Water Cooler is any indication, there's a ton of undiagnosed mental illness in the MAGA community. Hoo boy.
Civilized
SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

Lol, the word "diagnosed" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here. If the Water Cooler is any indication, there's a ton of undiagnosed mental illness in the MAGA community. Hoo boy.

Yep. Do people at Trump rallies look like they're on a regular rotation with a talk therapist or psychiatrist? LOL
caryking
Simple and effective…

SmaptyWolf
Trump just got hacked and all of Vance's dirty laundry got nabbed. Lol, where my Wikileaks at? Isn't laundering stolen emails their patriotic duty?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywinder/2024/08/11/hackers-steal-trumps-jd-vance-dirty-laundry-dossier-as-2016-strikes-again/
caryking

GuerrillaPack
JD Vance smoking these Marxist Lamestream propaganda media hacks....

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Civilized
caryking said:

IF Republicans find an issue with Trump??

What a pointless hypothetical at this point. If the 80% of Republicans that are voting for him (or whatever the high percentage is) haven't found "an issue" with him yet, when will they ever?
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

What a pointless hypothetical at this point. If the 80% of Republicans that are voting for him (or whatever the high percentage is) haven't found "an issue" with him yet, when will they ever?
Why should they? Isn't that the point?
Ncsufist
I hope they release what was hacked. I'd loved to see campaign dumb *****
Werewolf
rhetoric ?
or truth?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTNGDeSQw/
Civilized
Werewolf said:

rhetoric ?
or truth?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTNGDeSQw/

I haven't clicked on the link, but I'm going to go with option C, "completely made up."
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

If you're honestly wondering why any Republican would find an issue with Trump at this point, that illustrates the point.
Werewolf
LOL, #daSieve!
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

If you're honestly wondering why any Republican would find an issue with Trump at this point, that illustrates the point.
Civ, what exactly is the post (from X) saying? Do you disagree with the sentiment of the post?

If Harris releases zero policy plans from now until November, she would barely lose a vote. If Republicans find even a singular issue with Trump, they'll stay home or vote third party. If he posts something they mildly disagree with, they'll say "it's over." The voter acquisition cost between parties shows a massive disparity.
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civ, what exactly is the post (from X) saying? Do you disagree with the sentiment of the post?

If Harris releases zero policy plans from now until November, she would barely lose a vote. If Republicans find even a singular issue with Trump, they'll stay home or vote third party. If he posts something they mildly disagree with, they'll say "it's over." The voter acquisition cost between parties shows a massive disparity.

It's a nonsensical statement.

There are only two types of Republicans at this point:

1) Those for whom Trump has already said and done an endless number of things that make him completely disqualified from holding the office of dog catcher.

2) Those that want him to be President regardless and will nod along with or ignore literally anything he says or does.
CoachCase
SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

1) Those for whom Trump has already said and done an endless number of things that make him completely disqualified from holding the office of dog catcher.

2) Those that want him to be President regardless and will nod along with literally anything he says or does.

Wrong again 3) Republicans that recognize that Trump is not perfect but when he was president compared to now the world was safer, threat of terrorism lesser, prices were lower, the border was more secure - I could go on and on. Refute any of what I just said. The devil I know is better than the devil I don't know! What we know of Harris/Walz politics is too great a risk!
TheStorm
CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

2) Those that want him to be President regardless and will nod along with literally anything he says or does.

Wrong again 3) Republicans that recognize that Trump is not perfect but when he was president compared to now the world was safer, threat of terrorism lesser, prices were lower, the border was more secure - I could go on and on. Refute any of what I just said. The devil I know is better than the devil I don't know! What we know of Harris/Walz politics is too great a risk!
Yep. 100%.

We knew Biden was lying when he campaigned from his basement as a "moderate", and we know that Harris is lying about her "recently moderated" positions on hot-button issues as well.
caryking
CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

I agree completely with you. That said, both Civ and this other person are completely missing the point of my post (and the X post). The person was pointing out that, no matter what, Dems will support this new ticket; whereas, Republicans will have segments that will not, then say things that just aren't true, yet...

Immediately, both of them start the attack on Trump, rather than recognize the unity the Dems have, regardless of candidate or policy. Now, my editorializing... If that doesn't suggest the Dems are a cult, then nothing does...
SmaptyWolf
CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Technically they are part of Group 2. But I guess there are two subgroups:

2a) Republicans who are morally bankrupt and are happy with any devil's bargain that results in tax cuts.

2b) Republicans who are lost down a conservative media rabbit hole where Trump is Winston Churchill who made everyone's dreams come true during his 4 years and Biden is Karl Marx who set our cities on fire.
CoachCase
SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

2a) Republicans who are morally bankrupt and are happy with any devil's bargain that results in tax cuts.

3a) Republicans who are lost down a conservative media rabbit hole where Trump is Winston Churchill who made everyone's dreams come true during his 4 years and Biden is Karl Marx who set our cities on fire.

Lol! Smatty, you are a piece of work. Refute my comments re Trump. Provide a clip of Harris news conference that I requested several days ago that you never replied to. You can't, so then you go on the attack that you can't justify or verify. Hope you have a great afternoon!
caryking
CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

3a) Republicans who are lost down a conservative media rabbit hole where Trump is Winston Churchill who made everyone's dreams come true during his 4 years and Biden is Karl Marx who set our cities on fire.

Lol! Smatty, you are a piece of work. Refute my comments re Trump. Provide a clip of Harris news conference that I requested several days ago that you never replied to. You can't, so then you go on the attack that you can't justify or verify. Hope you have a great afternoon!

That person is just a troll. He's not a serious conversationalist; rather, he's a disgruntled minion that needs to be ignored!

Do us all a favor and quit quoting when you respond! He has NO redeeming value to the Water Cooler.
CoachCase
Point taken!
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

That person is just a troll. He's not a serious conversationalist; rather, he's a disgruntled minion that needs to be ignored!

Do us all a favor and quit quoting when you respond! He has NO redeeming value to the Water Cooler.
He might not even be human. Kind of talks like a 'bot which is why I blocked it a long time ago.
SmaptyWolf
CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

I'd be happy to refute your comments, but is there really any point? They sound more like religious statements than something grounded in reality.

We were at war with Afghanistan during Trump. Somehow that was peace. But then you blame Biden for Putin invading Ukraine, and as a grown adult seriously believe Putin was just afraid of Trump? Lol.

You blame Biden for inflation created during the pandemic that happened under Trump. Yeah, ok, cool. He fixed the inflation so you pivoted to griping about the interest rates that had to go up to fix inflation.

Trump presided over a border that was closed because of the pandemic (the only way to legally prevent asylum) and of course pretended he had magical border powers. You ate that up. Since then there's been a huge surge, and our laws need to be fixed to deal with it. Republicans have made it clear many times they'd rather keep this a campaign issue. Mission accomplished.
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Don't be fooled. These guys react this way to anyone who doesn't live in their alternate reality… if you don't sound like Tucker Carlson then you obviously must be a troll, you just can't be serious.

So yeah, with the possible exception of Civ, most alternate views around here quickly earn a childish nickname and get put on ignore. Which is of course how cults work.

Bas2020
SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

I'd be happy to refute your comments, but is there really any point? They sound more like religious statements than something grounded in reality.

We were at war with Afghanistan during Trump. Somehow that was peace. But then you blame Biden for Putin invading Ukraine, and as a grown adult seriously believe Putin was just afraid of Trump? Lol.

You blame Biden for inflation created during the pandemic that happened under Trump. Yeah, ok, cool. He fixed the inflation so you pivoted to griping about the interest rates that had to go up to fix inflation.

Trump presided over a border that was closed because of the pandemic (the only way to legally prevent asylum) and of course pretended he had magical border powers. You ate that up. Since then there's been a huge surge, and our laws need to be fixed to deal with it. Republicans have made it clear many times they'd rather keep this a campaign issue. Mission accomplished.

Saying inflation started under Trump is one of the more bold face lies I've ever seen . Biden kept interest rates at the basement level for a year too long and destroyed the energy resources in this country on day 1. Once gas goes up , goods go up . Then you throw in the trillions in stimulus printing money out the wazoo .

Take an economics class
TheStorm
Bas2020 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Saying inflation started under Trump is one of the more bike face lies I've ever seen . Biden kept interest rates at the basement level for a year too long and destroyed the energy resources in this country on day 1. Once gas goes up , goods go up . Then you throw in the trillions in stimulus printing money out the wazoo .

Take an economics class
Please don't quote that idiot when you reply to him, thanks.
SmaptyWolf
Bas2020 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Saying inflation started under Trump is one of the more bike face lies I've ever seen . Biden kept interest rates at the basement level for a year too long and destroyed the energy resources in this country on day 1. Once gas goes up , goods go up . Then you throw in the trillions in stimulus printing money out the wazoo .

Take an economics class

Lol, apparently you took an economics class that requires you to ignore data, because our energy resources haven't been destroyed, they're literally wide open. And most stimulus occurred under Trump. Inflation started under Biden because inflation usually lags a year or so, and it began dropping months before Biden passed any of his infrastructure stuff.

Sooooooo, W T F are you talking about? Oh wait, when you say "economics class" do you mean Fox & Friends?
Bas2020
Biden : Inflation is "transitory". We are all just imagining all of this ! Lol , how dumb can one administration possibly be ?

https://www.banking.senate.gov/newsroom/minority/scott-the-biden-administrations-spending-policies-caused-this-economic-pain
SmaptyWolf
Bas2020 said:

Biden : Inflation is "transitory". We are all just imagining all of this ! Lol , how dumb can one administration possibly be ?

https://www.banking.senate.gov/newsroom/minority/scott-the-biden-administrations-spending-policies-caused-this-economic-pain

Lol, you're quoting a Republican senator during an election year? I'm very surprised he would say that stuff.

Since you took an economics class maybe you could look at our inflation chart and see if you can spot when Biden passed his spending bills.

And yes, despite the conservative fan fiction most of our inflation was transitory, had nothing to do with anything the US did at all. It was a global supply chain shock from the pandemic that affected everyone. And it slowly ironed itself out.
Civilized
SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

And border crossings had already begun spiking exponentially under Trump before the border got shut down for COVID.

Trump got lucky to not have a sustained spike that he'd have to legislate or EO or operate his way out of.

And he dismantled procedures that made the Biden administration's job significantly harder.

And when the Biden admin finally orchestrated the necessary political and legislative will to make an impact, Trump decreed from the mountaintop to Congressional Republicans to not move forward so as not to help Biden electorally, and they fell in line.

Of all the head-in-the-sand attributions of success to Trump and failure to Biden, immigration is probably the most myopic and unfounded.

Could Biden have handled immigration better? Quite possibly, and it's fine to acknowledge that.

But Trump did not fix immigration; border crossings were spiking under his watch; and he unwound policies that had a significantly detrimental effect after he left office, which he and his worshipers conveniently pin on Biden.

Biden, Trump, and all past administrations all have portions of the problem to own.
Civilized
Bas2020 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Saying inflation started under Trump is one of the more bold face lies I've ever seen . Biden kept interest rates at the basement level for a year too long and destroyed the energy resources in this country on day 1. Once gas goes up , goods go up . Then you throw in the trillions in stimulus printing money out the wazoo .

Take an economics class

This is full of fantasy.

Inflation began spiking literally the month Biden came into office. It takes months/years for the fuel for inflation to fill the tank. He didn't somehow break the system the minute he set foot in the Oval Office. Economies are cruise ships, not speed boats. They don't turn/spike/dip on a dime.

Trump initiated two of the three rounds of stimulus.

How did Biden "destroy the energy resources in this country," again?
Bas2020
Civilized said:

Bas2020 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Take an economics class

This is full of fantasy.

Inflation began spiking literally the month Biden came into office. It takes months/years for the fuel for inflation to fill the tank. He didn't somehow break the system the minute he set foot in the Oval Office. Economies are cruise ships, not speed boats. They don't turn/spike/dip on a dime.

Literally no economist with a brain agrees with you
SmaptyWolf
Bas2020 said:

Civilized said:

Bas2020 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Take an economics class

This is full of fantasy.

Literally no economist with a brain agrees with you

Lol, it's amazing how good you guys are at saying such nonsensical things with such authority.
SexualChocolate
Bas2020 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Take an economics class

Not getting into inflation because there so many factors related to inflation but wanted to point out what happened to gas prices between Trump and Biden. This is not a commentary on who is a better candidate but rather facts related to gas and goods. I do work in the gas industry and I see the argument all the time that presidents have a direct effect over gas prices. Here is an article I previously posted about this.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2021/11/23/how-a-president-can-impact-gasoline-prices/

I know some will say that Biden shut down the keystone pipeline but there was a lot of work to be done with infrastructure to produce gas from the dirtiest fossil fuel of the tar sands oil.

I saw this the other day and this describes what happened to gas prices. This is spot on.

Lastly, higher gas prices does affect consumer spending as people drive less or buy less but to your point, costs do rise in other areas. Just like you said economics but I did find a paper that correlates gas prices with food costs. Seems to have a correlation but the impact is debatable.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0140988323005649

First Page Last Page
Page 155 of 172

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.