TRUMP 2024

314,550 Views | 4825 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by Werewolf
Ncsufist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hillsboroughstpunk said:

ACLU-
"The opinion also sits like a loaded weapon for Trump to abuse in the pursuit of criminal ends if he is reelected."

Trump? Maybe Pub's should start worrying that Seal team 6 shows up at Mar A Lago in their official sanctioned act by the POTUS, to send a convicted felon who is viewed as a threat to America, to Guantanamo Bay. Or just the standard two in the chest, one in the dome move. Outlandish? Certainly, but with todays SC ruling, it is within the realm of plausibility.

Or that Biden orders arrests of Supreme Court members, for acts harmful to the United States, or whatever they come up with. Maybe like Clarence Thomas had accepted bribes. Up to you CT to prove your innocence of the charges. Whoops! Be carful going down those stairs during your visit to Guantanamo!

Plus many more scenarios that till today were considered implausible and even insane. Yet... the ground work has been laid towards a United States where this is now possible.

Let's just say that incarceration's are made and no wet work done. Would those actions now have to be challenged in court as to if they were Official acts? I guess it might fall to who is sitting in the judges chair, when any appointed Judge not towing the party line has been rounded up and sent to a re-education camp. In any case, how long would those incarcerated sit in a black site till the court decides official or not. Most bad/old laws cannot be reversed until they are challenged. You have to have an example where it is shown as flawed in order to overturn it.

Be careful what you ask for, you may just get it.

I highly doubt this will happen. Given that the Democratic party is neutered, but you never know what happens when the horses are out of the barn, and people are panicking, say like the election date is fast approaching and your terrible performances in debates has you way back in the polls, yet you are President with vast immunities, and a way to rid yourself of any competition. You seen how that works in other countries like Russia, China, and others. Political rivals, just fall out of windows or eat some bad food. The percental chance of it happening here too in the U.S. just raised dramatically.

The Supreme Court has done America no favors with this. Passing the buck some on it too and making the whole matter very convoluted while those who have the ability, and the will to abuse it, will. And then we all try to figure out what's the fair deal, like if that happens will there be a fair court system in place and have the power to enforce it?

I want to say all the above is hyperbole, but I cannot as it now is more within the realm of possibility. You can argue that it always has been, but today... it just gained more legitimacy. It should bother you no matter what your political leanings are. The power of America should reside in it's people and in state rights. Not a Supreme leader.

Huh? I don't think you actually understand what this ruling does. The government can't violate someone's rights (illegal acts). Any act will still result in the same lawsuit it would have resulted in before. Just that the president (if it is an official act which would require it to be based in the official powers of the constitution) can not be held criminally liable for it. If it is an unofficial act he can be held criminally liable. Its the same standard that congress is held to. They are immune from criminal liability for official acts conducted during the course of their business. A great example would be speaking on the floor of congress. They can say whatever they want to include divulging classified information with no possibility of criminal charges.
Werewolf
Trump rally in Chesapeake VA, a prior, no longer, Democrat stronghold in Va.
wolfbreath
AOC wants to impeach SCOTUS justices following Trump immunity ruling

https://www.businessinsider.com/aoc-impeachment-articles-supreme-court-trump-immunity-ruling-2024-7

packofwolves
Ncsufist said:

Hillsboroughstpunk said:

ACLU-
"The opinion also sits like a loaded weapon for Trump to abuse in the pursuit of criminal ends if he is reelected."

Trump? Maybe Pub's should start worrying that Seal team 6 shows up at Mar A Lago in their official sanctioned act by the POTUS, to send a convicted felon who is viewed as a threat to America, to Guantanamo Bay. Or just the standard two in the chest, one in the dome move. Outlandish? Certainly, but with todays SC ruling, it is within the realm of plausibility.

Or that Biden orders arrests of Supreme Court members, for acts harmful to the United States, or whatever they come up with. Maybe like Clarence Thomas had accepted bribes. Up to you CT to prove your innocence of the charges. Whoops! Be carful going down those stairs during your visit to Guantanamo!

Plus many more scenarios that till today were considered implausible and even insane. Yet... the ground work has been laid towards a United States where this is now possible.

Let's just say that incarceration's are made and no wet work done. Would those actions now have to be challenged in court as to if they were Official acts? I guess it might fall to who is sitting in the judges chair, when any appointed Judge not towing the party line has been rounded up and sent to a re-education camp. In any case, how long would those incarcerated sit in a black site till the court decides official or not. Most bad/old laws cannot be reversed until they are challenged. You have to have an example where it is shown as flawed in order to overturn it.

Be careful what you ask for, you may just get it.

I highly doubt this will happen. Given that the Democratic party is neutered, but you never know what happens when the horses are out of the barn, and people are panicking, say like the election date is fast approaching and your terrible performances in debates has you way back in the polls, yet you are President with vast immunities, and a way to rid yourself of any competition. You seen how that works in other countries like Russia, China, and others. Political rivals, just fall out of windows or eat some bad food. The percental chance of it happening here too in the U.S. just raised dramatically.

The Supreme Court has done America no favors with this. Passing the buck some on it too and making the whole matter very convoluted while those who have the ability, and the will to abuse it, will. And then we all try to figure out what's the fair deal, like if that happens will there be a fair court system in place and have the power to enforce it?

I want to say all the above is hyperbole, but I cannot as it now is more within the realm of possibility. You can argue that it always has been, but today... it just gained more legitimacy. It should bother you no matter what your political leanings are. The power of America should reside in it's people and in state rights. Not a Supreme leader.

Huh? I don't think you actually understand what this ruling does. The government can't violate someone's rights (illegal acts). Any act will still result in the same lawsuit it would have resulted in before. Just that the president (if it is an official act which would require it to be based in the official powers of the constitution) can not be held criminally liable for it. If it is an unofficial act he can be held criminally liable. Its the same standard that congress is held to. They are immune from criminal liability for official acts conducted during the course of their business. A great example would be speaking on the floor of congress. They can say whatever they want to include divulging classified information with no possibility of criminal charges.

Typical Dem overreaction and fear mongering. Having someone assassinated would not be an official act and would be prosecuted. Dems are upset they can't go after their political opponents with bs court cases.
packgrad

Remember they are who they say you are. Threats to democracy.

packofwolves
wolfbreath said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/aoc-impeachment-articles-supreme-court-trump-immunity-ruling-2024-7

AOC is the definition of a useless politician in DC. Along with a few other Dems. Pubs aren't immune to those either.
Werewolf
Curtain calls. #EnjoyTheShow
jkpackfan
packgrad said:

Remember they are who they say you are. Threats to democracy.

Holy hell these people are insane.
wolfbreath
Civilized said:

Trump Talking up Biden to Reset Debate Expectations

As predicted, now all of a sudden Biden is a world-class debater with Einsteinian intellect, according to Trump's team.

Looks like they're preemptively trying to head off the confusion that is bound to result from months/years of trying to make Biden sound like a drooling invalid.

Who's the incoherent babbler, again?
It got cut-off, but it sounded like he was speaking in reference to water-conserving showers, faucets, washing machines, dishwashers, etc..
It makes sense to me.
wolfbreath
Gopack89 said:

Black folks aren't voting for this idiot.. all these staffers speaking for black people is getting old. Breaking news for MAGA ppl want more rights not less. Stop pissing on us and calling it rain.

Werewolf said:

Another MAGA patriot speaks to the RINO traitors......and an attractive one to boot.

Civilized
I get the sensitivity and breathless admonitions at this point but does this SC ruling really change anything?

I don't think it means that Presidents can get legal cover by simply calling something an "official act" when it clearly is not.

This just makes it clear that the protection afforded a President hinges on the legal determination about what's "official."

We all better hope that "official" isn't simply anything the President does, by definition, and that there are reasonable legal standards that need to be met for the President's actions to be protected.

What we obviously can't have is a President with absolute protection from legal consequences and I don't think this ruling indicates otherwise.
wolfbreath

Werewolf
Gulfstream4
wolfbreath said:

These people are flat out nuts.
ncsupack1
Gulfstream4 said:

wolfbreath said:

Nuts is a good description.
WolfpackUSC
Gulfstream4 said:

wolfbreath said:

It's just grandstanding to pander to her base. Though I fear our political system is turning into a cycle of impeachment. All you need is a majority in the house.
ncsupack1
And the democrats are to blame for this.
WolfpackUSC
ncsupack1 said:

And the democrats are to blame for this.

I agree
Werewolf
The criminal deep state actors are sweating it. Americans are not concerned, the Deep State actors are.

Trials, sentencing and even executions will be witnessed by the American people.

ncsupack1
Werewolf said:

The criminal deep state actors are sweating it. Americans are not concerned, the Deep State actors are.

Trials, sentencing and even executions will be witnessed by the American people.

Joe and his wife are nuts. Also, don't forget her family background. ie....I know you know this.
Werewolf
I do know her background. I actually was caught up on the web of Joe and this witch years ago on MsNBC. Watched Imus in the Morning and then Morning Joe afterwards.

I believe Scarborough was framed by the CIA with the death of the female in his office. He transitioned to what he is now over about a 2-4 year period of time. He was a Redneck RIviera Republican from the Florida Panhandle before.
ncsupack1
Werewolf said:

I do know her background. I actually was caught up on the web of Joe and this witch years ago on MsNBC. Watched Imus in the Morning and then Morning Joe afterwards.

I believe Scarborough was framed by the CIA with the death of the female in his office. He transitioned to what he is now over about a 2-4 year period of time. He was a Redneck RIviera Republican from the Florida Panhandle before.
Interesting. I forgot about the death.
Werewolf
a FAVORITE Trump story. This a man protecting his/our troops.

Werewolf
#SunTzu Sometimes a battle must be lost in order to win the war..........#truth

Oldsouljer
WolfpackUSC said:

Gulfstream4 said:

wolfbreath said:

It's just grandstanding to pander to her base. Though I fear our political system is turning into a cycle of impeachment. All you need is a majority in the house.
There's a feeling in the air reminiscent of the late 1850s. That polarization of opposite sides building to a crescendo and flashpoint kind of feeling.
WolfpackUSC
Oldsouljer said:

WolfpackUSC said:

Gulfstream4 said:

wolfbreath said:

There's a feeling in the air reminiscent of the late 1850s. That polarization of opposite sides building to a crescendo and flashpoint kind of feeling.

Maybe. I still think it's social media giving everybody a voice and thus it appears the dislike is higher than ever.

I feel like this is the 3rd or 4th straight "most important election ever". Obama's 2nd term was gonna destroy the country, Trump's election in 2016 will destroy the country, Biden will destroy the country…

Social media for both sides will have you believe their opponent is a breath away from killing the country.

I just don't think the common person in 2024 really wants to hurt another over differing opinions.

The 1960s were arguably worse than today. The numerous assassinations to start. Imagine social media back then.

Obviously, I could be wrong.
packofwolves
Werewolf said:

Dems have seriously lost their minds.
caryking
WolfpackUSC said:

Oldsouljer said:

WolfpackUSC said:

Gulfstream4 said:

wolfbreath said:

Maybe. I still think it's social media giving everybody a voice and thus it appears the dislike is higher than ever.

I feel like this is the 3rd or 4th straight "most important election ever". Obama's 2nd term was gonna destroy the country, Trump's election in 2016 will destroy the country, Biden will destroy the country…

Social media for both sides will have you believe their opponent is a breath away from killing the country.

I just don't think the common person in 2024 really wants to hurt another over differing opinions.

The 1960s were arguably worse than today. The numerous assassinations to start. Imagine social media back then.

It can be argued we have this now. I think you're right that bloodshed will not happen; however, I think we are in one of precarious moments in time... It's the Personal Assassination that's happening...
ncsupack1
WolfpackUSC said:

Oldsouljer said:

WolfpackUSC said:

Gulfstream4 said:

wolfbreath said:

I will add 24 hour " news ".
WolfpackUSC
caryking said:

WolfpackUSC said:

Oldsouljer said:

WolfpackUSC said:

Gulfstream4 said:

wolfbreath said:

It can be argued we have this now. I think you're right that bloodshed will not happen; however, I think we are in one of precarious moments in time... It's the Personal Assassination that's happening...

Yeah, I just don't equate personal/ character assassinations with an actual assassination.
Werewolf
It's called not being in favor of a lifetime at #GITMO, if they're lucky. Stay tuned.
First Page Refresh
Page 138 of 138

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.