TRUMP 2024

311,244 Views | 4791 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by packofwolves
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gopack89 said:

Black folks aren't voting for this idiot.. all these staffers speaking for black people is getting old. Breaking news for MAGA ppl want more rights not less. Stop pissing on us and calling it rain.

Werewolf said:

Another MAGA patriot speaks to the RINO traitors......and an attractive one to boot.

Werewolf
Some more facts! #ThePeople'sPresident

Werewolf
Werewolf
Not a fan of this guy being Trump's VP pick.
packofwolves
Werewolf said:

He does nothing to help the ticket. Would be a terrible pick. Need someone to help with Independents.
Gulfstream4
packofwolves said:

Werewolf said:

He does nothing to help the ticket. Would be a terrible pick. Need someone to help with Independents.

Agree
FlossyDFlynt
packofwolves said:

Werewolf said:

Genuine question - who fits that bill that even has a remote shot of getting picked?
ncsupack1
We keep going around and around on this.
packofwolves
FlossyDFlynt said:

packofwolves said:

Werewolf said:

Genuine question - who fits that bill that even has a remote shot of getting picked?

Haley helps with independents, but that's not happening. Shame she continued on in primary for so long, which I assume closed her VP door. How about Youngkin?
FlossyDFlynt
packofwolves said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

packofwolves said:

Werewolf said:

Haley helps with independents, but that's not happening. Shame she continued on in primary for so long, which I assume closed her VP door. How about Youngkin?
Id be shocked if Trump would pick Youngkin given how much he kept Trump at an arms length when he was running for governor. And if I were Youngkin with Presidential aspirations, Id be looking at 2028 without hitching my wagon to Trump. Yea, the VP would definitely help with that aspiration, but given how Trump treated his first cabinet, I would rather just steer clear.

I dont think there is anyone out there that fits the bill currently.
Civilized
FlossyDFlynt said:

packofwolves said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

packofwolves said:

Werewolf said:

Id be shocked if Trump would pick Youngkin given how much he kept Trump at an arms length when he was running for governor. And if I were Youngkin with Presidential aspirations, Id be looking at 2028 without hitching my wagon to Trump. Yea, the VP would definitely help with that aspiration, but given how Trump treated his first cabinet, I would rather just steer clear.

Don't know what you mean by "fits the bill" but if you mean "wins Republicans the election" then Haley fits the bill perfectly.

If he chooses Haley he seals the deal with white women and guarantees himself and the party a W in November.

If Trump was a grown-up he'd act on this obvious reality and seize the election, but he's not, so he won't.
FlossyDFlynt
Civilized said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

packofwolves said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

packofwolves said:

Werewolf said:

Don't know what you mean by "fits the bill" but if you mean "wins Republicans the election" then Haley fits the bill perfectly.

If he chooses Haley he seals the deal with white women and guarantees himself and the party a W in November.

If Trump was a grown-up he'd act on this obvious reality and seize the election, but he's not, so he won't.
Fits the bill meaning they have a legitimate shot of actually getting the nod. I agree Haley would be the obvious choice, but no chance it actually happens
Oldsouljer
Gulfstream4 said:

packofwolves said:

Werewolf said:

Agree
If you liked Pat McCrory, you'll love Doug Burgum. Both of them cast from the same mold. In other words, the weasel class that's been running the GOP for years.
Werewolf
200%

I'll add to the commentary above that a lot will happen that changes perspectives between now and the election, guaranteed.
Werewolf
This is the controlled opposition that MAGA Is flushing down the toilet. #Uniparty no more

Werewolf
wolfbreath
Bidenica Commercial by Donald Trump

Werewolf
The People's choice; not Dominion's.
Werewolf
#DaSieve
Werewolf
One of my top 4-5 for VP is Massie.
Werewolf
Werewolf
The greatest military operation in history. #Q
Ncsufist
Supreme Court has ruled that a president has absolute immunity from criminal prosecution for official acts. Only problem now is I don't think they defined what official acts are. So if I'm reading it right it's going back down to the lower court where the judge has to determine what an official act is
wolfbreath
US Supreme Court rules Trump has immunity for official, not private acts

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-supreme-court-due-rule-100711073.html

The U.S. Supreme Court found on Monday that Donald Trump cannot be prosecuted for official actions taken as president, but can for private acts, in a landmark ruling recognizing for the first time any form of presidential immunity from prosecution.

The justices, in a 6-3 ruling written by Chief Justice John Roberts, threw out a lower court's decision rejecting Trump's claim of immunity from criminal charges involving his efforts to undo his 2020 election loss to Joe Biden. The six conservative justices were in the majority. Its three liberals dissented.

Ncsufist
wolfbreath said:

The U.S. Supreme Court found on Monday that Donald Trump cannot be prosecuted for official actions taken as president, but can for private acts, in a landmark ruling recognizing for the first time any form of presidential immunity from prosecution.

The justices, in a 6-3 ruling written by Chief Justice John Roberts, threw out a lower court's decision rejecting Trump's claim of immunity from criminal charges involving his efforts to undo his 2020 election loss to Joe Biden. The six conservative justices were in the majority. Its three liberals dissented.

If I understand it right it's going back to the lower court so the judge can determine what an official act is and if any of the charges were for official acts. I don't think they threw out the charges. Might be wrong. Haven't read the whole decision.
FlossyDFlynt
Ncsufist said:

wolfbreath said:

If I understand it right it's going back to the lower court so the judge can determine what an official act is and if any of the charges were for official acts. I don't think they threw out the charges. Might be wrong. Haven't read the whole decision.
Thats my current understanding
Werewolf
Bottom line, it's a state's rights issue. 50 petri dishes and let the chips fall where they may. Govt closest to the people ensure the best possible representation for the people.
wolfbreath
The ACLU's take: Supreme Court Grants Trump Broad Immunity for Official Acts, Placing Presidents Above the Law

https://www.aclu.org/press-releases/supreme-court-grants-trump-broad-immunity-for-official-acts-placing-presidents-above-the-law

"On purely partisan lines, the Supreme Court today for the first time in history places presidents substantially above the law. It ruled that former President Trump cannot be prosecuted for deploying Justice Department officials to pursue his own criminal ends. And with respect to other presidential actions, it announces 'presumptive immunity,' and offers only a vague and unworkable standard that is likely to mire the case against former President Trump in years of litigation without holding him accountable for his criminal conduct in resisting the peaceful transfer of power," said ACLU National Legal Director David Cole. "The opinion also sits like a loaded weapon for Trump to abuse in the pursuit of criminal ends if he is reelected."
Ncsufist
wolfbreath said:

The ACLU's take: Supreme Court Grants Trump Broad Immunity for Official Acts, Placing Presidents Above the Law

https://www.aclu.org/press-releases/supreme-court-grants-trump-broad-immunity-for-official-acts-placing-presidents-above-the-law

"On purely partisan lines, the Supreme Court today for the first time in history places presidents substantially above the law. It ruled that former President Trump cannot be prosecuted for deploying Justice Department officials to pursue his own criminal ends. And with respect to other presidential actions, it announces 'presumptive immunity,' and offers only a vague and unworkable standard that is likely to mire the case against former President Trump in years of litigation without holding him accountable for his criminal conduct in resisting the peaceful transfer of power," said ACLU National Legal Director David Cole. "The opinion also sits like a loaded weapon for Trump to abuse in the pursuit of criminal ends if he is reelected."

I wonder how the aclu feels about Congress having immunity for official acts?
packofwolves
Ncsufist said:

wolfbreath said:

If I understand correctly, I don't think they can question or assume a president's reason. Will be tied up in courts for a while.

Assume Biden's DOJ sending their number 3 prosecutor to NY would be protected as well.
wolfbreath
packofwolves said:

Ncsufist said:

wolfbreath said:

If I understand correctly, I don't think they can question or assume a president's reason. Will be tied up in courts for a while.

Assume Biden's DOJ sending their number 3 prosecutor to NY would be protected as well.
It'll probably be tied up in the courts for years.
packofwolves
Interesting from Thomas's concurrence:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-immunity-case-supreme-court-rules-ex-presidents-substantial-protection-prosecution

Justice Clarence Thomas penned a separate concurrence "to highlight another way in which this prosecution may violate our constitutional structure" the appointment of Jack Smith as special counsel.

"In this case, the Attorney General purported to appoint a private citizen as Special Counsel to prosecute a former President on behalf of the United States. But, I am not sure that any office for the Special Counsel has been 'established by Law,' as the Constitution requires. By requiring that Congress create federal offices 'by Law,' the Constitution imposes an important check against the Presidenthe cannot create offices at his pleasure."

"If there is no law establishing the office that the Special Counsel occupies, then he cannot proceed with this prosecution. A private citizen cannot criminally prosecute anyone, let alone a former President," he said.
First Page Refresh
Page 137 of 137

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.