TRUMP 2024

294,579 Views | 4717 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by Werewolf
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldsouljer said:

ncsupack1 said:

Werewolf said:

Not a clue, many of you here.

I have always found this interesting. Wild how tribal people can get.
Which underscores the problems we have with Constitutional fidelity these days. There'd be less "tribal" if people looked up to it with allegiance above all else. As John Adam's said, "The Constitution was made for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for the governance of any other."

Spot on.
SmaptyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

Oldsouljer said:

ncsupack1 said:

Werewolf said:

Not a clue, many of you here.

I have always found this interesting. Wild how tribal people can get.
Which underscores the problems we have with Constitutional fidelity these days. There'd be less "tribal" if people looked up to it with allegiance above all else. As John Adam's said, "The Constitution was made for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for the governance of any other."

Spot on.

Lol, spot on? I'd love to know what you imagine any of that word salad even means. So many questions.

The Constitution is the blueprint for our Federal Government. Do you know many right wingers these days that express allegiance to even the concept of a Federal Government? ABOVE ALL ELSE?

And do you imagine the majority of Trump supporters, who almost always acknowledge how awful he is but believe the ends justify the means, qualify as the "moral" people Adams had in mind? Or are you the "any other"?

And for that matter, when you express disbelief at how tribal people can get, are you referring to the MAGA crowd that dominate the Water Cooler? Are do you mostly oblivious to them for some reason?
hokiewolf
The Constitution is a blueprint for a Ferderalist government, not the Federal Government. Those are two very different things.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

The Constitution is a blueprint for a Ferderalist government, not the Federal Government. Those are two very different things.

Ok, I'll bite. What's the difference? So the framers didn't want the Congress they defined to actually do anything going forward?
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

Ok, I'll bite. What's the difference? So the framers didn't want the Congress they defined to actually do anything going forward?
the framers wanted to set the United States as a Federalist Government, not a democracy. All the stuff you don't like is federalism. I.e decentralized governance and the electoral college
barelypure
So it appears that Tom Cotton is getting some consideration for VP. His name hasn't been mentioned before so why now. Have they looked at the others and don't see how any would be that strong of a partner. Cotton could be a good choice.

If Trump were to pick Haley to bring on board her supporters that may not be a bad thing. I did vote for her in the primary even tho some of her ideas are antithesis to mine. She just seemed like the better choice of what was being offered. I don't like her connection to the Military Industrial Complex but otherwise she's acceptable.

Trump needs to pick a VP that is electable for the 8 years after him. Therein lies the Democrats problem as I don't think anyone believes Kamala is electable after Biden so what do the Democrats do. How do they move her aside gently. If they dump a black (well somewhat) woman (if they can ever define what a woman is) for a white guy that could spur further the erosion of black support.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

the framers wanted to set the United States as a Federalist Government, not a democracy. All the stuff you don't like is federalism. I.e decentralized governance and the electoral college

No offense, but that sounds more like conservative fan fiction than actual history. You might be thinking of the Anti-Federalists and the just epically failed Articles of Confederation.

Stuff like the electoral college was included in our current constitution as a compromise to get the Anti-Federalists on board. But regardless of compromises they clearly did want democracy included at various levels... popular votes for representatives, majority rules in Congressional votes, etc.

Above all, though, the main purpose of the document was to empower a national Congress to create lots of federal (not "federalist" or whatever) laws that you don't like.
Oldsouljer
barelypure said:

So it appears that Tom Cotton is getting some consideration for VP. His name hasn't been mentioned before so why now. Have they looked at the others and don't see how any would be that strong of a partner. Cotton could be a good choice.

If Trump were to pick Haley to bring on board her supporters that may not be a bad thing. I did vote for her in the primary even tho some of her ideas are antithesis to mine. She just seemed like the better choice of what was being offered. I don't like her connection to the Military Industrial Complex but otherwise she's acceptable.

Trump needs to pick a VP that is electable for the 8 years after him. Therein lies the Democrats problem as I don't think anyone believes Kamala is electable after Biden so what do the Democrats do. How do they move her aside gently. If they dump a black (well somewhat) woman (if they can ever define what a woman is) for a white guy that could spur further the erosion of black support.
To get certain desirable things done, I can see Trump coming to terms with statists including Haley provided he gives them nothing that conservatives would regret in the long term. Whether he can walk that fine line or not is the question….giving them just enough to get a certain degree of unity while getting long term goals accomplished that are desired by constitutionalists.
caryking
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

No offense, but that sounds more like conservative fan fiction than actual history. You might be thinking of the Anti-Federalists and the just epically failed Articles of Confederation.

Stuff like the electoral college was included in our current constitution as a compromise to get the Anti-Federalists on board. But regardless of compromises they clearly did want democracy included at various levels... popular votes for representatives, majority rules in Congressional votes, etc.

Above all, though, the main purpose of the document was to empower a national Congress to create lots of federal (not "federalist" or whatever) laws that you don't like.
This guy really needs to learn about our history.
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

This guy really needs to learn about our history.

Lol, yeah ok. You guys act like the Constitutional Convention was a bunch holy men that came down the mountain to craft the perfect Federalist system as Jesus intended.

In reality it was an absolute brawl between Federalists (whose name was actually intended to troll their opposition, since Federalists wanted to weaken the states), Anti-Federalists (an ironic name given to the states rights people by the Federalists), and all of the states with conflicting agendas. The final document was a mish mash of compromises that everyone could live with. But you're confused if you think their end goal wasn't a federal government. That was the point.
SmaptyWolf
Werewolf
R u kidding? He's easily as smart as 10 men combined and better informed than 20........he's declared so many times here.
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
SmaptyWolf
Werewolf said:

R u kidding? He's easily as smart as 10 men combined and better informed than 20........he's declared so many times here.

Lol, if by so many times you mean never then you're totally right. But unless you're actually trying to sound like an insecure numbskull you could respond to the actual topic instead of just bawling about me.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed that was you, werewolf. No need to respond, I know you're on the clock... that Russian disinformation won't breathlessly post itself.
Werewolf
LOL, let's get him somehow.

Werewolf
Actually, there's much worse coming.

hokiewolf
lol

Werewolf
Bockwinkle
Hillary Clinton blames women for 2016 election loss: 'They left me'
Former Democratic presidential nominee said, 'They left me because they just couldn't take a risk on me, because as a woman, I'm supposed to be perfect'

Lol, NO ONE ever accused hilldawg of ever approaching perfection.

Except maybe Web Hubbell.

ncsupack1
hokiewolf said:

lol

I don't know what the problem is here? I believe that is called a minor stutter. No big deal at all, some of you folks just take a 24 hour day, and find a 1-2 minute stutter and turn it completely into some big deal. Too much MSNBC watching…lol
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

hokiewolf said:

lol

I don't know what the problem is here? I believe that is called a minor stutter. No big deal at all, some of you folks just take a 24 hour day, and find a 1-2 minute stutter and turn it completely into some big deal. Too much MSNBC watching…lol
Maybe there is a flag they are facing? I see several others with their hands over their hearts... maybe it's just a sign of - you know, hokie - respect, on Memorial Weekend?

Definitely glad that you were able to get a kick out of it though.

Meanwhile, Biden tells everyone he would have played football (quarterback even, presumably) at Navy if it weren't for Roger Staubach.

While at West Point... but nothing but crickets from you on that.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

hokiewolf said:

lol

Maybe there is a flag they are facing? I see several others with their hands over their hearts... maybe it's just a sign of - you know, hokie - respect, on Memorial Weekend?

Meanwhile, Biden tells everyone he would have played football (quarterback even, presumably) at Navy if it weren't for Roger Staubach.

I'm just pointing out how funny another poster is here. I was at the race, season ticket holder. There are flags everywhere. Lot of people do what Trump did. It's been like that for decades.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

hokiewolf said:

lol

Not going to hear anything either.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

hokiewolf said:

lol

I'm just pointing out how funny another poster is here. I was at the race, season ticket holder. There are flags everywhere. Lot of people do what Trump did. It's been like that for decades.
Sorry ncsu, I was responding to hokie - but using your post to do so... my apologies.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

hokiewolf said:

lol

Sorry ncsu, I was responding to hokie - but using your post to do so... my apologies.

No problem. My mind is still a little foggy
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

So here's a question for you guys. If Trump won the popular vote in NC, and then NC's electors decided to vote for Biden instead, would you say "Welp, the electors have decided, as our Federalist framers intended!". Or would you lose your f'ing minds?

Lol, the answer is obvious.
barelypure
Seems apparent some posters here have already lost their minds
hokiewolf
lol you take this post way too seriously. Poor Childress didn't know what to do.
Werewolf
#DaGobbler with chameleon abilities.
ncsupack1
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

So here's a question for you guys. If Trump won the popular vote in NC, and then NC's electors decided to vote for Biden instead, would you say "Welp, the electors have decided, as our Federalist framers intended!". Or would you lose your f'ing minds?

Lol, the answer is obvious.
ncsupack1
barelypure said:

Very true.
Ncsufist
Ok guys. What are your guesses for outcome of trial? And based on the facts of the trial what do you think the outcome should be?

I'm think it's either a hung jury or a guilty. If found guilty trump will appeal and it will get returned in thinking for a retrial. Number one reason being the supposed jury instructions. Then there are several other judicial errors but I think that is the biggest error.

Based on the facts given in the trial I don't think I could find him guilty. No one actually testified that Trump initiated any of it. Also cohens testimony it was extortion and not hush money (opposing came to them vs them going to the opposing side
). Example. Cohen testified he did it all on his own and then billed Trump. The cfo testified that they are the ones that labeled it a legal expense. I also believe that there was never a line item billing showing what the expenses were actually for. Then you get to the whole predicate basis for the misdemeanor (that is stale based on statute of limitations) to be upgraded tk a felony. There is no specificity and no underlying charge. The jury instructions are here are three choices. Yall don't need to have all the same choices. That's not how criminal trials work.
ncsupack1
He is going to be found guilty. Now what happens after that, is anyone's guess.
SmaptyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

barelypure said:

Very true.

Yep... conservatives who pretend that our country isn't actually a democracy whenever they lose, presumably to justify doing undemocratic things in response to losing, have definitely lost their minds.

But yeah, let the electoral college vote against their popular vote one time to find out how they really feel about this country being a democracy.
ncsupack1
SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

barelypure said:

Very true.

Yep... conservatives who pretend that our country isn't actually a democracy whenever they lose, presumably to justify doing undemocratic things in response to losing, have definitely lost their minds.

But yeah, let the electoral college vote against their popular vote one time to find out how they really feel about this country being a democracy.
Take a deep breath......
barelypure
I'm going with a hung jury. Then Bragg refiles and petitions the court to expedite the case for a new trial before the election to further keep Trump off the campaign trail. The court grants the request and in a most unusual move Judge Merchan is chosen again since he's intimately familiar with the Trump Organization
First Page Last Page
Page 115 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.