Taking children to drag shows and drag queen story time

22,348 Views | 223 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by GuerrillaPack
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
910wolf
packgrad said:

Freaks
TheStorm
Is that what the Mountain Dew commercial where the guy turns into a lizard and meets up with his cool friends the big cat and the bird girl is all about? That one lost me right off the bat, but I guess it was targeted at someone...
TheStorm
910wolf said:

packgrad said:

Freaks
I bet that she also identifies as a Democrat at least once every four years... lol.
Oldsouljer
TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Oh, and BTW... the "Drag Race" commercials have resumed again starting around 2-3 weeks ago. I don't know if they show all day or not, but I usually start watching the package of channels that they are showing them on at 7 PM - so no, they aren't trying to make any effort to shield kids from being exposed to them. They don't give you time to change the channel this year either unfortunately before you have to see part of it.

And no, I'm not watching the channel where the show getting advertised is actually broadcasted.

Also, kind of funny now that ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and MSNBC are advertising their own news shows now on the cable packages...

How old are your kids, Storm?
30 & 25... I'm 61 - I've already made it through all that BS personally myself, but good luck to you and yours...

Hey, you didn't happen to sit in Row K this past season did you?
I'm 61 too!
packgrad

packgrad
TheStorm
TheStorm said:

Oh, and BTW... the "Drag Race" commercials have resumed again starting around 2-3 weeks ago. I don't know if they show all day or not, but I usually start watching the package of channels that they are showing them on at 7 PM - so no, they aren't trying to make any effort to shield kids from being exposed to them. They don't give you time to change the channel this year either unfortunately before you have to see part of it.

And no, I'm not watching the channel where the show getting advertised is actually broadcasted.

Also, kind of funny now that ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and MSNBC are advertising their own news shows now on the cable packages...
Yeah, sorry that we don't agree Civ... but I resent the fact that I can't even innocently watch reruns of Andy, Raymond and King of Queens on random weeknights, without all of a sudden getting a RuPaul Drag Queen thrust directly into my face. They have it set up on purpose this year to have their "Queen" just pop onto the screen at the very onset of the commercial, so that you have to at least see it for at least a split second... and I don't know if I've ever seen anything as disgusting as watching a dude, try to look like a woman - but not try to look like a woman... at least with the gay pharma "prep" commercials, I have time to change the channel before I have to see two dudes kissing on a commercial.

Apparently RuPaul's "show" is on MTV... well, guess what?!? I'm not watching MTV, so why do I have to see the ****ing ambush beginning of his dumbass trash commercial? That's the crux of my point. If people want to watch that trash, that's up to them - but why do the rest of us have to get blindsided by these commercials that are "purposefully" set up to make you have to see a short portion of it.

Other thing I didn't like over the NY weekend was day watching on History, Travel, etc. and RuPaul promo just pops up for like 5 seconds down in the lower, right-hand corner of the screen. Again... I'm not even on the channel where that **** gets shown to begin with.
packgrad
"It's a nothingburger".

packgrad
Werewolf
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
TheStorm
TheStorm said:

TheStorm said:

Yeah, sorry that we don't agree Civ... but I resent the fact that I can't even innocently watch reruns of Andy, Raymond and King of Queens on random weeknights, without all of a sudden getting a RuPaul Drag Queen thrust directly into my face. They have it set up on purpose this year to have their "Queen" just pop onto the screen at the very onset of the commercial, so that you have to at least see it for at least a split second... and I don't know if I've ever seen anything as disgusting as watching a dude, try to look like a woman - but not try to look like a woman... at least with the gay pharma "prep" commercials, I have time to change the channel before I have to see two dudes kissing on a commercial.

Apparently RuPaul's "show" is on MTV... well, guess what?!? I'm not watching MTV, so why do I have to see the ****ing ambush beginning of his dumbass trash commercial? That's the crux of my point. If people want to watch that trash, that's up to them - but why do the rest of us have to get blindsided by these commercials that are "purposefully" set up to make you have to see a short portion of it.

Other thing I didn't like over the NY weekend was day watching on History, Travel, etc. and RuPaul promo just pops up for like 5 seconds down in the lower, right-hand corner of the screen. Again... I'm not even on the channel where that **** gets shown to begin with.
OK, so I'm circling back to this one again unfortunately...

So apparently the RuPaul Drag Race show must still be running as the commercials continue to run non-stop (I notice them anytime after 6 PM, but I'm sure they probably run all day)... so by now there have been several different iterations of these commercials all with an in your face "ambush" beginning so that they can quickly get these images in front of as many people as possible before a channel is changed, eyes closed for 20 seconds just on principle, etc... so, unfortunately I've had to see far more of these images than I would like to (even once is too much, lol)...

But I mean *** is wrong with these people? They look like an animal illustration out of a Dr. Suess book or something (The "Sneetches" immediately comes to mind*)...

*See tweet picture in GP post above for reference as to what you are missing...
Werewolf
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
GuerrillaPack

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.