The Biden Administration..V3

913,236 Views | 10736 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Werewolf
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

It's too easy for the comedians. What a joke the left has become.

I know what we should do. We should make owning howitzers and bazookas and Uzis and Gatling guns legal for personal protection.

That way, we can make sure we are all protected from the bad guys that are armed to the teeth because we have the most lax gun ownership laws in the world! We'll all be safer then!

Zzzzzzzzzz. OK straw man. Please, show us what even semi-serious piece of legislation has ever been proposed that attempts to take away Americans' right to own a firearm. We have the weakest gun ownership laws in the developed world, the highest rate of gun ownership in the world, and legislators that are held hostage by the NRA.

But yeah, the actual problem is the commie left making legitimate attempts to find common-sense mitigations for the societal damage wrought by our country being awash in guns.

I'd say the lack of self-awareness in this tweet's take is astounding but sadly it's perfectly predictable.

packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

I know what we should do. We should make owning howitzers and bazookas and Uzis and Gatling guns legal for personal protection.

That way, we can make sure we are all protected from the bad guys that are armed to the teeth because we have the most lax gun ownership laws in the world! We'll all be safer then!

Zzzzzzzzzz. OK straw man. Please, show us what even semi-serious piece of legislation has ever been proposed that attempts to take away Americans' right to own a firearm. We have the weakest gun ownership laws in the developed world, the highest rate of gun ownership in the world, and legislators that are held hostage by the NRA.

But yeah, the actual problem is the commie left making legitimate attempts to find common-sense mitigations for the societal damage wrought by our country being awash in guns.

I'd say the lack of self-awareness in this tweet's take is astounding but sadly it's perfectly predictable.

Not a liberal. Lol. Speaking of a lack of self awareness….

Take a look at what your VP said yesterday. Your hysterical rant was sadly perfectly predictable though.
SmaptyWolf
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Here's a fun fact. Back in the 1800s Wild West, it was actually illegal to carry a firearm inside city limits. Because they weren't idiots. The "Shootout at the OK Corral" was over some guys refusing to hand over their guns. And we had the 2nd Amendment then, too!

Gun regulation in this country has lost its effing mind.
packofwolves
More note cards for the leader of the free world…

Civilized
SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Here's a fun fact. Back in the 1800s Wild West, it was actually illegal to carry a firearm inside city limits. Because they weren't idiots. The "Shootout at the OK Corral" was over some guys refusing to hand over their guns. And we had the 2nd Amendment then, too!

Gun regulation in this country has lost its effing mind.

Yep.

Since the country is already awash in guns, I honestly have no idea how you scratch and claw your way back to some semblance of tolerable rates of death by firearm in this country. The toothpaste isn't going back in the tube.

What I do know is that it is preposterous and inhumane for the second amendment fetishizers on the right to glibly mock good-faith attempts to find solutions, especially on the heels of yet another mass shooting by yet another armed to the teeth mentally ill American.
packgrad
Good faith attempts would include enforcing existing laws. But that's too hard to do. We need to make new laws that we don't enforce. We're all about pretending to care about the problem. Let's make new laws.

Preposterous!
jkpackfan
packgrad said:

Good faith attempts would include enforcing existing laws. But that's too hard to do. We need to make new laws that we don't enforce. We're all about pretending to care about the problem. Let's make new laws.

Preposterous!
This exactly. Furthermore, there are mass shootings literally almost every weekend in Chicago, Detroit and Baltimore etc but no one talks about that since it's black on black, not a peep from anyone.

I'm all for common sense gun laws but one side will accept nothing less than banning particular weapons which with the black market wouldn't take those weapons off the streets and would only affect innocent gun owners.

Mental health is a huge huge issue in this country and we need background checks to check for this type of stuff HIPPA be damned.
Redwolf
jkpackfan said:

packgrad said:

Preposterous!
This exactly. Furthermore, there are mass shootings literally almost every weekend in Chicago, Detroit and Baltimore etc but no one talks about that since it's black on black, not a peep from anyone.

I'm all for common sense gun laws but one side will except nothing less than banning particular weapons which with the black market wouldn't take those weapons off the streets and would only affect innocent gun owners.

Mental health is a huge huge issue in this country and we need background checks to check for this type of stuff HIPPA be damned.
All it will do is create another black market item smuggled with ease through our Swiss cheese border.
caryking
Vivek Ramaswamy is promoting the idea of re-introducing mental institutions. During the Regan administration, the federal government block-granted those dollars to the states (I believe). I also think there is a case study, of the actions and results, regarding Dorothea Dix... We see what happened there...

Now, I'm not for the Federal Government spending money on Health Institutions, as I don't see it as a part of their role; however, if a State spent money to develop their own system, then I can see other States pushing their Mental health people around...

This is a major issue that people go directly to the weapon, as opposed to the person.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
SmaptyWolf
This is an issue where I'm actually way to the left of the average Dem politician. My gun control policy is pretty simple... hunting rifles and shotguns. The end.

Hunting rifles for hunting, obviously, and shotguns for home defense. Melt everything else down into a 100 foot tall statue of a middle finger and drop it on the NRA's front lawn. Anyone (outside of military, law enforcement, etc) who insists they actually need more than rifles or shotguns is just being a baby who doesn't want their toys taken away. I get it, though, playing Army Man and asking each other what your "sit rep" is all day is super fun.

But yeah, it doesn't take a genius looking at gun death statistics around the world to see that the free availability of handguns and AR-15s is a poison in our country... too many people with choices they shouldn't have.

The tragedy, of course, is that for a lot of you it'll take your hometown getting gunned down before you finally value our society's safety over your right to own toys.
caryking
Thank God, the founders recognized our rights, don't come from the government. Any right a government would give, can be taken away, as well…

Joe Biden
FlossyDFlynt
caryking said:

Vivek Ramaswamy is promoting the idea of re-introducing mental institutions. During the Regan administration, the federal government block-granted those dollars to the states (I believe). I also think there is a case study, of the actions and results, regarding Dorothea Dix... We see what happened there...

Now, I'm not for the Federal Government spending money on Health Institutions, as I don't see it as a part of their role; however, if a State spent money to develop their own system, then I can see other States pushing their Mental health people around...

This is a major issue that people go directly to the weapon, as opposed to the person.
As someone who works in healthcare, boy do I have some bad news for you...

If federal money (think Medicare/Medicaid/Tricare) money went away, every hospital in the country would close its doors
caryking
FlossyDFlynt said:

caryking said:

If federal money (think Medicare/Medicaid/Tricare) money went away, every hospital in the country would close its doors
That's just a sad situation…

Medicare isn't going anywhere. Medicaid should be State Supported, 100%. Tricare, I have no idea where it's being funded.

Joe Biden
SmaptyWolf
FlossyDFlynt said:

caryking said:

This is the problem with all of the Libertarian derp sweeping the right wing lately... it's a bunch of dorm room "wouldn't it be cool if we got rid of the government!" ideology that can't survive first contact with mathematical reality.
FlossyDFlynt
caryking said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

caryking said:

Medicare isn't going anywhere. Medicaid should be State Supported, 100%. Tricare, I have no idea where it's being funded.
Tricare is basically Military Health Insurance.

Its another thread/conversation for another day, but healthcare and the governments role is an extremely complicated situation. I do truly believe we have the best healthcare in the world, but it comes at a cost thats way too high. But getting those costs under control require hard/cold hearted decisions that no one is going to make, especially politicians because it would be political suicide.
Werewolf
A good bit of Vivek's personal talking points about his earlier years are nearly verbatim out of the Obama playbook. Beware.
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

caryking said:

The reason many health care programs are federal is because the size of the pool (and other factors involving scale) directly impacts their financial viability. You could expect to pay higher state taxes than federal taxes for the equivalent state-level service, assuming it was doable at all.

And be careful what you wish for... as it stands New England and California are bankrolling everyone else for their federal services. Going full on "states rights" would guarantee higher taxes for NC and lower taxes for NY, assuming you don't just opt to let people die off when they get sick (a.k.a. "freedom").
caryking
SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

caryking said:

The reason many health care programs are federal is because the size of the pool (and other factors involving scale) directly impacts their financial viability. You could expect to pay higher state taxes than federal taxes for the equivalent state-level service, assuming it was doable at all.

And be careful what you wish for... as it stands New England and California are bankrolling everyone else for their federal services. Going full on "states rights" would guarantee higher taxes for NC and lower taxes for NY, assuming you don't just opt to let people die off when they get sick (a.k.a. "freedom").
That doesn't make sense…

Medicaid being State would vet out and assist its citizens
Medicare would be Federal, because it's a law passed in the 60's, right?
Tricare is military; therefore, it's federal

Currently, Medicaid in NC is administer, transactionally here in NC. The funding comes from both State and Federal dollars. What I'm saying is remove all Federal laws and allow States to create their exclusive laws to mange their program. So, yes, we would get higher taxes in NC; however, the Federal level should take all dollars associated with Medicaid and remove them from Federal receipts.

We, in NC, would pay for our "in need" citizens…

Joe Biden
caryking
Werewolf said:

A good bit of Vivek's personal talking points about his earlier years are nearly verbatim out of the Obama playbook. Beware.
He may have seen the light…. You know, most people become more conservative the older they get. Those that don't, well…

Joe Biden
Werewolf
His current introductory narrative is in some cases seem to be word for word Obama. I've seen clips side by side. I don't think we can argue with what he says.........but its what he'll do.
Werewolf
Is this the boomerang?
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

caryking said:

That doesn't make sense…

Currently, Medicaid in NC is administer, transactionally here in NC. The funding comes from both State and Federal dollars. What I'm saying is remove all Federal laws and allow States to create their exclusive laws to mange their program. So, yes, we would get higher taxes in NC; however, the Federal level should take all dollars associated with Medicaid and remove them from Federal receipts.

So if you make Medicaid 100% state funded, aside from paying higher taxes in NC overall (since the massive wealth centers of our country like California would no longer be subsidizing your Medicaid), what problem would you be solving, exactly?
caryking
SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

caryking said:

That doesn't make sense…

So if you make Medicaid 100% state funded, aside from paying higher taxes in NC overall (since the massive wealth centers of our country like California would no longer be subsidizing your Medicaid), what problem would you be solving, exactly?

Not solving anything…. Just wanting a constitutional republic!

Joe Biden
Werewolf
caryking said:

Werewolf said:

He may have seen the light…. You know, most people become more conservative the WISER they get. Those that don't, well…
with age comes wisdom
Werewolf
Redwolf
Jesus H Christ what the ******* is wrong with them… wake up these folks are destroying freedom.
Werewolf
Redwolf said:

Jesus H Christ what the ******* is wrong with them… wake up these folks are destroying freedom.
They refuse to be wrong is all I can figure.
Redwolf
Werewolf said:

Redwolf said:

They refuse to be wrong is all I can figure.
We have dug into the past, and as for me as far back as the late 60s. So I posted a few times.

Research Susan Rosenberg , Evans, Ayers, the entire weather underground and see where they are today.
Learn about these terrorists.
These are bad actors folks. Even if you are a moderate Democrat, this should scare you.
Werewolf
Plenty of evidence but we won't get it from CNN, MsNBC, etc. The mockingbird media is our greatest enemy.
Werewolf
Werewolf
#Sieve, listen carefully to Biden's warning about Trump. What's your excuse going to be this time?

packofwolves
Mayorkas is a real p o s. When his lips are moving he is either denying, lying or dodging. If he had this performance in the private sector he would have been fired within the first few months.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-lawmaker-rips-biden-official-special-agents-reassigned-make-sandwiches-illegal-immigrants
packofwolves
Werewolf said:

Is there an article related to this tweet?
Werewolf
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=70b2c6f87f44c9f5JmltdHM9MTY5ODc5NjgwMCZpZ3VpZD0zYTViN2IyOC1kYzFjLTZiZjQtMTIyMS02ODQ2ZGRlZDZhNTEmaW5zaWQ9NTIxNA&ptn=3&ver=2&hsh=3&fclid=3a5b7b28-dc1c-6bf4-1221-6846dded6a51&psq=John+Kerry+Iran&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly90aGVoaWxsLmNvbS9wb2xpY3kvaW50ZXJuYXRpb25hbC81NTAzNzAta2VycnktZmFjZXMtY2FsbHMtdG8tc3RlcC1kb3duLW92ZXItbGVha2VkLWlyYW4tdGFwZXMv&ntb=1
Civilized
packofwolves said:

Is there an article related to this tweet?

Based on the mess Were posts in here I think you already know the answer to that.

Red meat clickbait.
First Page Last Page
Page 186 of 307

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.