The Biden Administration..V3

827,888 Views | 10627 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Werewolf
Manny Sanguine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

Manny Sanguine said:

packgrad said:

Biden had classified info in multiple locations and Manny is hanging his hat on "he didn't know" defense. Lol. Poor fella.
If you have or know of a paper trail or witnesses showing that Biden knew about the contents of the boxes prior to the discovery of the classified documents, that would certainly be noteworthy. Nothing like that has been made public for Biden or Trump, so I'm skeptical.

Trump had classified documents scattered all over Mar-a-Lago, including in an unsecured desk in an office frequently open to guests. What's his defense?
Manny, respectfully I disagree with your stance. Of the documents we know about that were in a locked storage container in his UPenn office, the classified documents were in a manilla envelope in a folder marked "personal". They have been missing for 6 years. And then only called the National Archives AFTER the mid-term election. We do not know yet what manner the classified documents found next to Biden's Corvette had been stored securely or not.

So, having documents illegally stored for 6 years and then calling the National Archives saying hey, we found these documents is not a question of intent. You are excusing the concerning handling of secret documents because you think he did a better job of cooperating than Trump did.

Here's the analogy I'll make. If your predecessor was convicted of robbing banks, that doesn't mean that all crimes that have a punishment standard below robbing banks are all of a sudden legal.

I still maintain that there is a lot of information still not known that needs to see the light of day, but intent of either party is a distraction to the real issues here.
I've been clear that both Trump and Biden's mishandling of classified documents is equally wrong and concerning. If criminal liability for either could be proved under the "willfulness" standard then they should be prosecuted. I'm not excusing either.

However, intent (i.e., willfulness) is a factor in the criminal statute. The difference is that so far there is little to no evidence for willfulness for Biden - just supposition. There is more evidence for Trump, as well as evidence applicable to other statutes, given the amount of notice he was given. It would be great if all of the underlying facts (who knew what when) would come to light, but that seems unlikely in either case. So, we're left making conclusions based on what happened after the point where we know that each was aware of the documents, because that's all we have (and probably all we'll ever have).

If people on the right want to prosecute Biden based on the current facts then they have to be willing to prosecute Trump, too.
Civilized
packgrad said:

"Car-A-Lago."

Well-played.
Civilized
Manny Sanguine said:

If people on the right want to prosecute Biden based on the current facts then they have to be willing to prosecute Trump, too.

Yep. And I fully support both being thoroughly investigated and prosecuted if the facts and applicable law warrant it.

I agree that proving intent and willfulness is a high bar to clear and I think it's fairly unlikely any serious legal repercussions will arise for any of the involved parties.

My main conversational objection is with all the "just a political witch-hunt" Trumpers. Didn't it take two years to appoint a special counsel, after much foot dragging and misleading and inaccurate communication from Trump's team to the Archives about the docs he had? And it took only took what, two months to appoint a special counsel to investigate the Biden doc handling?

How many years were the Feds supposed to wait and how much misinformation were they supposed to receive before investigating and definitively retrieving what was at Mar-a-Lago, without it being considered a witch-hunt?

Biden's getting investigated after several weeks and seemingly absent the years-long complete run-around Trump's team gave the Archives. Is that a witch hunt too? (Cary seems to be arguing yes, in fact it is, with the intent of pushing Biden out to pasture).

Thanks much for the detailed and extensive legal context you're providing, Manny. Interesting and helpful.
Manny Sanguine
caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

packgrad said:

Biden had classified info in multiple locations and Manny is hanging his hat on "he didn't know" defense. Lol. Poor fella.
If you have or know of a paper trail or witnesses showing that Biden knew about the contents of the boxes prior to the discovery of the classified documents, that would certainly be noteworthy. Nothing like that has been made public for Biden or Trump, so I'm skeptical.

Trump had classified documents scattered all over Mar-a-Lago, including in an unsecured desk in an office frequently open to guests. What's his defense?
Manny, as I understand it... there were compartmented documents, in this group. These compartmented documents were to be maintained in a SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) Also, as I understand it... these documents will come to the person directly, not to the person office.

So, these people will have sole responsibility for the documents. Anyway you look at it, documents found, as compartmented, have a custody requirement.

Now, how all this applies to the two people (Trump and Biden) is beyond my understanding...
There are two separate issues of possession/knowledge:
  • Did the person ever knowingly have possession of the document at a time when they were authorized to do so?
  • Did the person knowingly "take and carry way" the document after the time when they were authorized to do so? (That would be a willful violation of the PRA and the criminal enforcement mechanism.)

The fact that, for Trump and Biden, the documents include the kind of document you mention really only answers the first question. Even if we assume that the documents were delivered to them personally at one time, that doesn't mean that at a later time those documents weren't packed in a box by someone else and then moved to another place. If neither Trump nor Biden were aware that there were classified documents in the boxes that were moved, then that would go against the "willfulness" standard in the statutes.

Again, I'm all for prosecuting either one of them if the "willfulness" standard in the statute could be satisfied.
packgrad
Maybe Hunter Biden packed them and moved them into the garage. He lived in the house after all.
Wufpack17
How can Joe Biden be that incredibly stupid to admit that he kept documents in a locked garage?

LetEmKnowPack
packgrad said:

Maybe Hunter Biden packed them and moved them into the garage. He lived in the house after all.

Doesnt matter, Hunter has no ties to Ukraine…
packgrad
High Travoltage said:

packgrad said:

Doesnt matter, Hunter has no ties to Ukraine…

Joe didn't know Hunter had ties to Ukraine.
Werewolf
LOL, you're delusional my friend. You'll be in that 10%.
caryking
Manny Sanguine said:

caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

packgrad said:

Manny, as I understand it... there were compartmented documents, in this group. These compartmented documents were to be maintained in a SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) Also, as I understand it... these documents will come to the person directly, not to the person office.

So, these people will have sole responsibility for the documents. Anyway you look at it, documents found, as compartmented, have a custody requirement.

Now, how all this applies to the two people (Trump and Biden) is beyond my understanding...
  • Did the person ever knowingly have possession of the document at a time when they were authorized to do so?
  • Did the person knowingly "take and carry way" the document after the time when they were authorized to do so? (That would be a willful violation of the PRA and the criminal enforcement mechanism.)

The fact that, for Trump and Biden, the documents include the kind of document you mention really only answers the first question. Even if we assume that the documents were delivered to them personally at one time, that doesn't mean that at a later time those documents weren't packed in a box by someone else and then moved to another place. If neither Trump nor Biden were aware that there were classified documents in the boxes that were moved, then that would go against the "willfulness" standard in the statutes.

Again, I'm all for prosecuting either one of them if the "willfulness" standard in the statute could be satisfied.
Manny, Manny, Manny...

STOP, please, just STOP!!!

I just learned of this Compartmented nomenclature. The word SCIF was new to me as well. So, I looked it up. Compartmented is the "C" in SCIF.

I heard a Military General speak this morning and he explained the process of documents classified with compartmented. That actually (I think) makes it even more secure than Top Secret. Meaning, it is the sole responsibility of the receiver.

Again, I don't know how this applies to either Biden or Trump...
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Manny Sanguine
caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

packgrad said:

Manny, Manny, Manny...

I just learned of this Compartmented nomenclature. The word SCIF was new to me as well. So, I looked it up. Compartmented is the "C" in SCIF.

I heard a Military General speak this morning and he explained the process of documents classified with compartmented. That actually (I think) makes it even more secure than Top Secret. Meaning, it is the sole responsibility of the receiver.

Documents containing such compartmented information would be designated "Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information" or "TS/SCI". If you were paying attention during the Trump document saga over the summer you might have recognized the term. The Trump documents included several such documents.

The presence of such documents in each case should be very concerning. Hopefully one or both of the investigations will shed more light on this.
packgrad
packgrad

This is where I'm at as well, and why I find it hilarious that people think "he didn't know" is an acceptable excuse. The flippant attitude about the handling of classified information, especially after the outrage about the former president, is mind blowing. Moving the goalposts to pretending like your issue is the response to archives is nothing more than parroting Jean-Pierre. He left classified info in a house with a crack head with business ties to Ukraine and China. He left classified info in a think tank office partially funded by anonymous Chinese investors. And people think "it was an accident", "he didn't know" about leaving classified info at multiple locations is an acceptable response. Oh and also, of course, "But Trump".
Marco
Car ah lago,funny,but u left out Crime ah lago!!While yall MAGA maniacs waiting on tha result of Bidens Documents investigation,go down 2 Georgia and found those 11,780 votes tha conman was lookin 4!Now that's funny!#
Marco
Unlike conman,he co operating!!No antics,no name calling and no dog whistles!!Not gon side wit ole Joe on this and sure as hell not gonna side wit conman!!Both r wrong,1 gon b found guilty!#Guilty DOG barks the loudest!!Trumpeters!!
Packchem91
packgrad said:

This is where I'm at as well, and why I find it hilarious that people think "he didn't know" is an acceptable excuse. The flippant attitude about the handling of classified information, especially after the outrage about the former president, is mind blowing. Moving the goalposts to pretending like your issue is the response to archives is nothing more than parroting Jean-Pierre. He left classified info in a house with a crack head with business ties to Ukraine and China. He left classified info in a think tank office partially funded by anonymous Chinese investors. And people think "it was an accident", "he didn't know" about leaving classified info at multiple locations is an acceptable response. Oh and also, of course, "But Trump".
We agree here. Saying "you didn't know" is just as concerning as saying you did it because you wanted to. It is part of your job to do it right. And any notion that it was ok because it was in his garage.....

As for cooperating....I remember when Andrew Carter kept trumpeting that UNC was the most cooperativist school ever for the NCAA when the cheating scandal first broke....right up until they went and hired the former NCAA lawyers who knew exactly how to avoid any problems. I may be crazy, but for some reason i suspect that is the type of cooperation Biden is providing as well.
packofwolves
Some nice reporting from the news down under…

Oldsouljer
caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

packgrad said:

Manny, Manny, Manny...

You are (or were as of 2000) correct. That was the last year I held a TS.
FinsUp
FWIW-as of January 21, Kamala Harris can take over as President and serve 10 years
Werewolf
Werewolf
Werewolf said:

Related to…Gov semi auto ban Tuesday
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/gov-j-b-pritzker-signs-illinois-assault-weapons-ban/3041967/

caryking
Manny Sanguine said:

caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

packgrad said:

Manny, Manny, Manny...

Documents containing such compartmented information would be designated "Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information" or "TS/SCI". If you were paying attention during the Trump document saga over the summer you might have recognized the term. The Trump documents included several such documents.

The presence of such documents in each case should be very concerning. Hopefully one or both of the investigations will shed more light on this.
Manny, you really need to start asking the different questions…

Why did Biden attorneys start looking for documents at this Biden think tank?
If said attorneys found the documents, did they have clearance?
The movement of these documents, who did this?
Did they have clearance?
Why hasn't Obama come out said anything, yet?
Why did this become news, as soon as the house changed hands?
Did anyone leak this news to a house member?
Why has the media taken a little (I say little because it's all relative) harder stance on this, starting today?
Why did a Garland use an attorney, without past political impartiality, to probe this?

Listen, I don't believe in conspiracies; however, I don't think things are coincidental either…. Oh, I don't know the answers, to the above questions. I just would like to know the answers.

My speculation (only an opinion) is that this is an establishment hit job, on Biden. This is not to get him removed from; rather, it's to get him to step aside by weakening him…

Joe Biden
TheStorm
FinsUp said:

FWIW-as of January 21, Kamala Harris can take over as President and serve 10 years
That's honestly about the last thing that any of us have to worry about, because there's zero chance of that ever happening... not even the dems are that dumb.
TheStorm
caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

packgrad said:

Manny, Manny, Manny...

Did they have clearance?
Why has the media taken a little (I say little because it's all relative) harder stance on this, starting today?
Why did a Garland use an attorney, without past political impartiality, to probe this?

Listen, I don't believe in conspiracies; however, I don't think things are coincidental either…. Oh, I don't know the answers, to the above questions. I just would like to know the answers.

My speculation (only an opinion) is that this is an establishment hit job, on Biden. This is not to get him removed from; rather, it's to get him to step aside by weakening him…
I know that you've said it several times already... or probably more than that even, but I'm just not buying the "establishment hit job" angle...
hokiewolf
I can answer two of those questions based on news reports

1. They were moving out of the offices and the documents were discovered.

2. The National Archives was called (eventually) and the documents were retrieved by the proper authorities.

Still not understanding how they can sit in an office for 6 years without any scrutiny by anyone however. That needs to be answered.

And Garland is probably high-fivingeveryone he meets because this takes all the pressure off him. Also pretty awesome to have a Trump appointee who was requested to remain on staff at transition by the Illinois delegation because he was working on a current case. Hope Garlands been buying lotto tickets!
Werewolf
3rd location

Newsmax: BREAKING: White House admitted Saturday even more classified documents found in Biden's Wilmington home, Read More Here: nws.mx/00n1
caryking
hokiewolf said:

I can answer two of those questions based on news reports

1. They were moving out of the offices and the documents were discovered.

2. The National Archives was called (eventually) and the documents were retrieved by the proper authorities.

Still not understanding how they can sit in an office for 6 years without any scrutiny by anyone however. That needs to be answered.

And Garland is probably high-fivingeveryone he meets because this takes all the pressure off him. Also pretty awesome to have a Trump appointee who was requested to remain on staff at transition by the Illinois delegation because he was working on a current case. Hope Garlands been buying lotto tickets!

By the attorneys?

Joe Biden
Werewolf
Rasmussen is a free and independent poll? Ya think? Just like our corporate media, this is a corporate-owned poll.
Manny Sanguine
caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

packgrad said:

Manny, Manny, Manny...

The office was no longer needed and the boxes were being moved elsewhere for storage. As for why attorneys were reviewing the contents, I don't know.

There was no belief or expectation that there was anything classified there, so no reason that those people would have clearance. However at least one of Biden's attorneys does have a security clearance and he was involved in returning the documents to the Archives and notifying DOJ.

Excellent question for Biden and Trump. Hopefully the Special Counsels will find out (and report) more about this.

Did they have clearance?

Excellent question for Biden and Trump. Hopefully the Special Counsels will find out (and report) more about this.

Why would he and what would he say?

I honestly think that many people/organizations faced with a potential PR problem try to ignore it and put it off, but that rarely works.

No idea. You have someone in mind?

More questions raised by the additional documents and the timeline of discovery and public disclosure.

He is a former Trump appointee, confirmed unanimously by the Senate, is endorsed by a Republican givernor, has experience working with a Special Counsel while serving under Trump, and, less importantly, he's based in the right place to conduct the incestigation. Seems like a lot of good reasons to pick him. Other than his association with Rosenstein while overseeing the Meuller investigation, how has he demonstrated a lack of impartiality? Had you ever heard of him before?

Some comments inline above.

As I said this information was going to come out. Not sure how it benefits the Democrat "establishment" to leak this at this time.

Also, I mentioned before that my firm has boxes of client documents that nobody has looked at in way more than six years. The fact that boxes that were believed to contain pretty mundane papers weren't examined in that time is no suprise to me.
caryking
Manny Sanguine said:

caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

packgrad said:

Manny, Manny, Manny...

The office was no longer needed and the boxes were being moved elsewhere for storage. As for why attorneys were reviewing the contents, I don't know.

There was no belief or expectation that there was anything classified there, so no reason that those people would have clearance. However at least one of Biden's attorneys does have a security clearance and he was involved in returning the documents to the Archives and notifying DOJ.

Did they have clearance?

Why would he and what would he say?

I honestly think that many people/organizations faced with a potential PR problem try to ignore it and put it off, but that rarely works.

No idea. You have someone in mind?

More questions raised by the additional documents and the timeline of discovery and public disclosure.

He is a former Trump appointee, confirmed unanimously by the Senate, is endorsed by a Republican givernor, has experience working with a Special Counsel while serving under Trump, and, less importantly, he's based in the right place to conduct the incestigation. Seems like a lot of good reasons to pick him. Other than his association with Rosenstein while overseeing the Meuller investigation, how has he demonstrated a lack of impartiality? Had you ever heard of him before?

Some comments inline above.

As I said this information was going to come out. Not sure how it benefits the Democrat "establishment" to leak this at this time.

Also, I mentioned before that my firm has boxes of client documents that nobody has looked at in way more than six years. The fact that boxes that were believed to contain pretty mundane papers weren't examined in that time is no suprise to me.

Manny, I didn't realize you are a paralegal…

Joe Biden
Werewolf
Werewolf
PackDaddy
What happened to the thread that had the titties in it?
TheStorm
PackDaddy said:

What happened to the thread that had the titties in it?
Use the search function and type in "Motorboating"... it's several pages back, but it's still around.
packofwolves
TheStorm said:

PackDaddy said:

What happened to the thread that had the <removed> in it?
Use the search function and type in "Motorboating"... it's several pages back, but it's still around.

This has no business in this thread nor on this site. I have flagged original post and quote.
First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 304

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.