The Biden Administration..V3

868,270 Views | 10706 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

Civilized said:

The situation is much worse than when Trump was in office because there are so many more crossers.

The messaging that Biden just lets them all stay though is wrong. He sends back a comparable or higher percentage than Trump and thus has sent back 2.5x as many crossers as Trump did. Uninformed voters or news consumers don't know that listening to the current discourse, though, they just think Biden has an open border policy and everyone gets to come here for a nice extended or permanent vacay.

The messaging game at this point for Biden will be "I was successful at bringing the most significant bipartisan immigration reform legislation to the table in decades and it got torpedoed by Trump so he could campaign on it" and "I crafted an EO out of necessity so at least I'm doing what I can."

He doesn't have results to run on but you sell what you have to sell so he'll sell the bipartisan bill and his EO.
Do you disagree with what I think the goal should be?

What do you think the goal should be?
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

We don't need to keep giving each other permission to look at things differently. That's obviously fine.

The issue is when people just start out with an opinion formed by social media and other opinion sources (not actual news) and then make no attempt to quantify or analyze or look for studies or do any research about the underlying drivers of their beliefs. They just look for other opinions to reinforce their world view.
Who, or what, are those "actual news" sources?
Choose from the grab bag and try to choose a few from different columns:

Definitely not anonymous screen-named Twitter yahoos.
Civ, you see... I'm not sure I would call any of them News Agencies. For the most part, they are talk agencies. For me, I don't think there are any real News Agencies any more..
ncsupack1
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

We don't need to keep giving each other permission to look at things differently. That's obviously fine.

The issue is when people just start out with an opinion formed by social media and other opinion sources (not actual news) and then make no attempt to quantify or analyze or look for studies or do any research about the underlying drivers of their beliefs. They just look for other opinions to reinforce their world view.

Civ, you see... I'm not sure I would call any of them News Agencies. For the most part, they are talk agencies. For me, I don't think there are any real News Agencies any more..

What do you use for news?
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

It's all relative Cary.

They're a helluva lot more reputable than Twitter randos named CaptainUnderpants.
Bockwinkle
Pedo Joe's Poopy Pants

Werewolf
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

This is #daSieve's reputable and reliable news media that investigated and reported:

1. plandemic
2. social distancing
3. business lockdowns
4. PCR test @ 45 cycles testing positive for 67 viruses and even the remains of a dead virus
5. a so-called vaccine given in the middle of a so-called viral outbreak will stop the virus and said virus will not mutate
6. Hydroxychloroquine is not effective
7. Ivermectin is a horse pill, not for human consumption even though it is an award-winning med, one of the most widely used meds in the world and considered one of the safest meds in the world, but it's a horse pill
6. Jabs are actually a gene therapy and not even a traditional vaccine
7. Definition of a vaccine changed to accomodate the new jabs
8. People dropping dead
9. cardiovascular issues not reported
10. damaged and weakened immune systems allow disease and cancer to thrive

Yep, that's Sieve's reliable news sources.........all five damn columns! You're clueless Sieve, clueless. Not a spec of discernment.

EDIT: Sieve's news sources that - had #daSieve ended up in the hospital with his COVID virus (Cold) - he'd have been put on a ventilator and pushed out after being placed on 5 days of Remdesivir with it shutting his kidneys down. Sieve, my man, your grammar is very good and you write well with an excellent vocabulary. But Sieve, you have very little discernment as can be demonstrated with the list above.

And #daSieve is still defending Fauci!!!!

Werewolf
#daSieve and #Nappy, Trump's says we got it all! We have them all. Granted, its not just the Demoncrat Pedophiles you both support. Check out the little Chinese girl in the bottom.

Werewolf
#Nappy, #DaSieve and #DaGobbler are committed to decency!!! RIght fellas?
Werewolf
Decency is on the ballot, right #Sieve?
Werewolf
We know who #Nappy and #daSieve are picking. A couple of the trolls too, can't remember their names or I"d list em'.

Werewolf
I know #Nappy and #daSieve agree with the Doctor - LOL - here.

The mention of gay sex in the White Hose reminds me of John Legend with Barry.

Bockwinkle
https://www.foxnews.com/media/video-viral-democrats-media-members-doubting-hunter-biden-laptop
caryking
Did Biden crap in his pants yesterday?
Bockwinkle
caryking said:

Did Biden crap in his pants yesterday?

Posted above.
packgrad
Gulfstream4
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

COVID, COVID, COVID!

*Nice job ignoring the other two non-covid years under Trump... and BTW, all that chart shows me is that Biden changed what was being done previously. But TRUMP!

What exactly did Biden change again?

He sends more a higher percentage of crossers back than Trump did and given that there have been more crossers under his administration that means he's sent back over 3x as many crossers as Trump did, normalized for time scale.

*the other two non-COVID years under Trump aren't magic. The guy who did the observational study just chose a two-year period to normalize the sample size between Biden and Trump. He had around two years of Biden data to look at when he did his study in November of '23.

You can crunch the Biden and Trump immigration and return numbers any way choose and report back to us. I don't think it will change the meat of the observation that when the rubber hits the road Biden's approach to sending back migrants is actually more aggressive than Trump's.
Biden changed the messaging game, it appears... If things are better, or no worse, since Biden has been in office, then he is losing the messaging game, for sure.

That said, the images we see today (since Biden has been in office) are awful for the country. Honestly, I don't care about who is doing this or who is doing that. I want the border crossing to STOP!!

Our GOAL should be a 100% stoppage of crossings, at the border. Set the goal high, work to accomplish that GOAL, tirelessly!

The situation is much worse than when Trump was in office because there are so many more crossers.

The messaging that Biden just lets them all stay though is wrong. He sends back a comparable or higher percentage than Trump and thus has sent back 2.5x as many crossers as Trump did. Uninformed voters or news consumers don't know that listening to the current discourse, though, they just think Biden has an open border policy and everyone gets to come here for a nice extended or permanent vacay.

The messaging game at this point for Biden will be "I was successful at bringing the most significant bipartisan immigration reform legislation to the table in decades and it got torpedoed by Trump so he could campaign on it" and "I crafted an EO out of necessity so at least I'm doing what I can."

He doesn't have results to run on but you sell what you have to sell so he'll sell the bipartisan bill and his EO.

True and most people, not suffering from TDS, will ask why did it take 3.5 years and 10 million illegals for Joe to finally do something? Why now, 5 months before the election?
Gulfstream4
Werewolf said:

Decency is on the ballot, right #Sieve?

Russia, China, Iran, NK…etc. must be laughing their @$$ off right now.
packgrad
Gulfstream4 said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

COVID, COVID, COVID!

*Nice job ignoring the other two non-covid years under Trump... and BTW, all that chart shows me is that Biden changed what was being done previously. But TRUMP!

He sends more a higher percentage of crossers back than Trump did and given that there have been more crossers under his administration that means he's sent back over 3x as many crossers as Trump did, normalized for time scale.

*the other two non-COVID years under Trump aren't magic. The guy who did the observational study just chose a two-year period to normalize the sample size between Biden and Trump. He had around two years of Biden data to look at when he did his study in November of '23.

You can crunch the Biden and Trump immigration and return numbers any way choose and report back to us. I don't think it will change the meat of the observation that when the rubber hits the road Biden's approach to sending back migrants is actually more aggressive than Trump's.
Biden changed the messaging game, it appears... If things are better, or no worse, since Biden has been in office, then he is losing the messaging game, for sure.

That said, the images we see today (since Biden has been in office) are awful for the country. Honestly, I don't care about who is doing this or who is doing that. I want the border crossing to STOP!!

Our GOAL should be a 100% stoppage of crossings, at the border. Set the goal high, work to accomplish that GOAL, tirelessly!

True and most people, not suffering from TDS, will ask why did it take 3.5 years and 10 million illegals for Joe to finally do something? Why now, 5 months before the election?

Hilarious that the idea is to blame Trump for why Biden couldn't get legislation through. So damn much TDS. They think that is good campaign material. I couldn't do my job because Trump. lol. Most powerful man in the world is blaming a private citizen for his ineptitude. Pitiful TDS folks.
packofwolves
Gulfstream4 said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

COVID, COVID, COVID!

And at the same time as the executive order, why is Biden instructing ICE to teach migrants how to claim asylum. Includes signs and videos on what to say.

https://nypost.com/2024/06/05/us-news/ice-officers-given-new-asylum-instructions-for-migrants/
DrummerboyWolf
Bockwinkle said:

Pedo Joe's Poopy Pants

I guess this brings a whole new meaning to LET'S GO BRANDON!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Civilized
Gulfstream4 said:

Agree. This will be what Trump and conservative down-ballot candidates run on, and I would to if I were them.
Bockwinkle
SmaptyWolf
DrummerboyWolf said:

Bockwinkle said:

Pedo Joe's Poopy Pants

I guess this brings a whole new meaning to LET'S GO BRANDON!

Here's the unedited video. He's putting down a book. Your entire reality is a lie. Have a nice day!

https://www.youtube.com/live/u1G8E8dhQY4?t=6551s
packofwolves
Texas Doctor who is a whistle blower regarding a Texas hospital that continued gender affirming care on children has been charged with 4 felonies by the DOJ. The doctor did not release any personal information. This is Biden's administration and DOJ continuing to push for the mutilation of children. All while European countries have backed off gender affirming care based on studies.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/doj-charges-texas-doctor-blew-whistle-gender-affirming-care-minors
Civilized
packofwolves said:

Texas Doctor who is a whistle blower regarding a Texas hospital that continued gender affirming care on children has been charged with 4 felonies by the DOJ. The doctor did not release any personal information. This is Biden's administration and DOJ continuing to push for the mutilation of children. All while European countries have backed off gender affirming care based on studies.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/doj-charges-texas-doctor-blew-whistle-gender-affirming-care-minors

That's cool that he's a whistleblower and all but that doesn't alleviate him from his legal responsibilities under HIPAA.

Quote:

HIPAA contains important safe-harbors designed to permit vital whistleblower activities. So long as whistleblowers and their counsel know of and abide by those safe harbors, HIPAA should not stop them from reporting their allegations of fraud to the government. Protecting patient confidentiality is a complicated issue. Whistleblowers and their attorneys are not relieved of the obligation to safeguard this information. Because of the unique nature of each case, these issues highlight the importance of speaking with experienced counsel well versed in health care fraud and the issues involved when considering the decision to blow the whistle.

Whistleblower Law Collaborative: Guide to HIPAA

It's fun to get all frothy and self-righteous over alleged lawfare against a doctor supposedly preventing "child mutilation" but y'all have got to get your **** together and stop breaking laws and then acting like you shouldn't be held accountable.

This likely felon...errrr...whistleblower will get his day in court. You'd think that the DOJ would understand their actions would be looked at skeptically and therefore would have not pursued a case that wasn't extremely strong, but I guess we'll see.
packofwolves
Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

That's cool that he's a whistleblower and all but that doesn't alleviate him from his legal responsibilities under HIPAA.

Quote:

HIPAA contains important safe-harbors designed to permit vital whistleblower activities. So long as whistleblowers and their counsel know of and abide by those safe harbors, HIPAA should not stop them from reporting their allegations of fraud to the government. Protecting patient confidentiality is a complicated issue. Whistleblowers and their attorneys are not relieved of the obligation to safeguard this information. Because of the unique nature of each case, these issues highlight the importance of speaking with experienced counsel well versed in health care fraud and the issues involved when considering the decision to blow the whistle.

Whistleblower Law Collaborative: Guide to HIPAA

It's fun to get all frothy and self-righteous over alleged lawfare against a doctor supposedly preventing "child mutilation" but y'all have got to get your **** together and stop breaking laws and then acting like you shouldn't be held accountable.

This likely felon...errrr...whistleblower will get his day in court. You'd think that the DOJ would understand their actions would be looked at skeptically and therefore would have not pursued a case that wasn't extremely strong, but I guess we'll see.

Extremely strong…that's laughable.

What do you think of the Biden administration's support of mutilating and chemically sterilizing children. And a hospital breaking the law.
Civilized
packofwolves said:

What do you think of the Biden administration's support of mutilating and chemically sterilizing children. And a hospital breaking the law.

How do you know it's laughable? The case hasn't been tried yet. We do know it's distinctly not in the DOJ's best interests to bring a weak case, for which they will be roundly criticized even more than they already will be for vengeance lawfare.

Clearly you're triggered by gender-affirming care, which is obviously a fraught and complicated topic.

But what's not fraught or complicated is if either doctors or the hospital broke the law, they should be held fully accountable.
packofwolves
Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

How do you know it's laughable? The case hasn't been tried yet. We do know it's distinctly not in the DOJ's best interests to bring a weak case, for which they will be roundly criticized even more than they already will be for vengeance lawfare.

Clearly you're triggered by gender-affirming care, which is obviously a fraught and complicated topic.

But what's not fraught or complicated is if either doctors or the hospital broke the law, they should be held fully accountable.

The case hasn't been tried yet. How do you know it's a strong case? The Biden DOJ has lost cases.

I see you deflected away from your opinion on gender affirming care.
Civilized
packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

The case hasn't been tried yet. How do you know it's a strong case? The Biden DOJ has lost cases.

Yeah, because opinions on care have no bearing on whether this doctor broke HIPAA laws or not, and that's the only thing that matters when deciding whether to pursue the case.

My opinion is health care decisions including gender-affirming care should be left up to medical experts and families and patients, not the government.

Some of y'all want to act like lefties are just looking for any excuse to lop off twigs and berries because it's fun.

Some close friends of our family have a child in Raleigh we've grown up with that's going through some of this. The family are great folks, salt of the earth. Not political. Not stumpers for Biden. Dad grew up a big football/track/wrestling guy in high school. Scholarship track athlete in the Big East in college. Extremely loving and thoughtful parents of three kids. Their daughter has grown up around ours since kindergarten. School together. Camping with us. Overnights with us. All sorts of activities together over the years. And I can tell you with 100% certainty that situations like these are stressful, fraught, and complicated. And that parents and the kids and their doctors are infinitely better equipped to make decisions in these circumstances than the government.

If the doc broke HIPAA laws, he should be held accountable. Same with the hospital breaking laws. You agree with that, right?
SmaptyWolf
Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Yeah, because opinions on care have bearing on whether this doctor broke HIPAA laws or not, and that's the only thing that matters when deciding whether to pursue the case.

My opinion is health care decisions including gender-affirming care should be left up to medical experts and families and patients, not the government.

Some of y'all want to act like lefties are just looking for any excuse to lop off twigs and berries because it's fun.

Some close friends of our family have a child in Raleigh we've grown up with that's going through some of this. The family are great folks, salt of the earth. Not political. Not stumpers for Biden. Dad grew up a big football/track/wrestling guy in high school. Scholarship track athlete in the Big East in college. Extremely loving and thoughtful parents of three kids. Their daughter has grown up around ours since kindergarten. School together. Camping with us. Overnights with us. All sorts of activities together over the years. And I can tell you with 100% certainty that situations like these are stressful, fraught, and complicated. And that parents and the kids and their doctors are infinitely better equipped to make decisions in these circumstances than the government.

If the doc broke HIPAA laws, he should be held accountable. Same with the hospital breaking laws. You agree with that, right?

One of the great lies of the modern age is that conservatives are "small government". Lefties have always been "big government" when it comes to creating an economic safety net for people. Conservatives have always been "big government" when it comes to people making deeply personal decisions that conservatives don't like.
packofwolves
Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Yeah, because opinions on care have no bearing on whether this doctor broke HIPAA laws or not, and that's the only thing that matters when deciding whether to pursue the case.

For the record, I have no issue if someone changes gender. Be happy with the life you have, But I am firmly against non-reversible medical treatments and surgeries for children under 18. Based on studies coming out of UK and Europe, even medications have non-reversible changes.

Good to know you draw the line with the government. But I expect we differ on laws that protect children under 18 from non-reversible changes.

If he broke HIPPA yes, but I am very skeptical of the Biden administration and DOJ. I think they will stop at nothing to push their agenda on children.

Civilized
SmaptyWolf said:

One of the great lies of the modern age is that conservatives are "small government". Lefties have always been "big government" when it comes to creating an economic safety net for people. Conservatives have always been "big government" when it comes to people making deeply personal decisions that conservatives don't like.

Yep.

Libs want big social safety nets, broad health care, etc. - debatable topics, sure, but clearly the types of topics you can make easy arguments for the scale of government prospectively helping bring big solutions to bear on big challenges.

Righties have been more interested with government intervening in highly personal decisions - abortion, gender-affirming care, who you can marry, "family values," etc.

The level of government intervention isn't what's different between the two parties, it's just the ways that each strive to have government involve itself in our lives.

One certainly seems far more invasive than the other, that's for sure.
Civilized
packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

For the record, I have no issue if someone changes gender. Be happy with the life you have, But I am firmly against non-reversible medical treatments and surgeries for children under 18. Based on studies coming out of UK and Europe, even medications have non-reversible changes.

Good to know you draw the line with the government. But I expect we differ on laws that protect children under 18 from non-reversible changes.

If he broke HIPPA yes, but I am very skeptical of the Biden administration and DOJ. I think they will stop at nothing to push their agenda on children.

Why do you think you're better equipped to make medical decisions for someone else's child than that child's parents and doctors (in conjunction with the teenage child him/herself)?

The thing y'all continually ignore is that in essentially all cases, kids under 18 aren't undergoing non-reversible gender-affirming care with the consent and support of their parents and medical team unless they are in significant anguish over their dysmorphia and there is a fair belief amongst the involved parties that care will improve their well-being in the aggregate.

So if you "protect" kids from gender-affirming care in this circumstance, you are subjecting them to continued crisis from their dysmorphia.

At that fork in the road, both avaialble paths (to pursue GA care, or not) are fraught and complicated. There are no easy answers. But neither path is one without pain or potential regret.
BBW12OG
If I recall correctly... And I usually do.....

Wasn't some of you referring to President Reagan and how he was the "last" real Conservative POTUS?

Also...hasn't Sleepy Joe been accused of plagiarism in the past?

Any comments on this one?
packofwolves
Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Why do you think you're better equipped to make medical decisions for someone else's child than that child's parents and doctors (in conjunction with the teenage child him/herself)?

The thing y'all continually ignore is that in essentially all cases, kids under 18 aren't undergoing non-reversible gender-affirming care with the consent and support of their parents and medical team unless they are in significant anguish over their dysmorphia and there is a fair belief amongst the involved parties that care will improve their well-being in the aggregate.

So if you "protect" kids from gender-affirming care in this circumstance, you are subjecting them to continued crisis from their dysmorphia.

At that fork in the road, both avaialble paths (to pursue GA care, or not) are fraught and complicated. There are no easy answers. But neither path is one without pain or potential regret.

I assume you haven't followed any of the detransitioning stories.

Considering you think children under 18 transitioning is ok with meds/surgery and the decision best made between parents, child and doctor, do you agree with schools/teachers not telling parents about their kids transitioning at school?
First Page Last Page
Page 265 of 306

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.