The Biden Administration..V3

842,640 Views | 10637 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
FlossyDFlynt
How long do you want to ignore this user?

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
Gulfstream4
caryking said:

The constituency of a few here…

"Mostly peaceful protesters"
caryking
Remain in Mexico!!!
packgrad
FlossyDFlynt said:

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Godalmighty. That's utter nonsense. Their sheep will fall in line though.
jkpackfan
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Smart on Biden. I hate to say that..btw
LOL. C'mon... what it shows is that the "King of Executive Orders" could have done something all along, but didn't. For 3.5 years now (remember the border wasn't "open" until he decided he wanted it that way), he has let people come streaming across from anywhere and everywhere... now - and only because he is floundering helplessly in the polls - he wants to make it look like he's actually doing something again.

3.5 years.

It. won't. work. one. single. bit.

Regular people aren't that stupid.
It's funny how Biden and most hacks, in this forum, have said an executive order can't do anything and/or he doesn't have the power. And… on day one, Biden used Execute Orders, to invalidate Trumps Executive Orders that caused this mess.

Oh, not all of those Executive Orders were related to Covid! So, don't go there…

Executive orders can do lots of things. You LOVE them when Republicans are in office, and bawl about emperors when Dems are in office.

But the point you're apparently trying to not understand is that Trump's executive orders on the border only worked because we had declared a PANDEMIC EMERGENCY. Without that, executive orders around asylum would probably get tossed by courts pretty quickly, because we have laws. Now if you want to declare another pandemic emergency we can get the border shut down again tomorrow no prob.
and... he went there...

The guy can't help himself..
The person is an idiot - and if you (and others obviously) would just hit the normal "reply" button instead of the "quote" button when you respond to him / her, the rest of us wouldn't have to see anything other than his / her name next to a circle with half an "x" in it when they post...
Yes please
Oldsouljer
jkpackfan said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Smart on Biden. I hate to say that..btw
LOL. C'mon... what it shows is that the "King of Executive Orders" could have done something all along, but didn't. For 3.5 years now (remember the border wasn't "open" until he decided he wanted it that way), he has let people come streaming across from anywhere and everywhere... now - and only because he is floundering helplessly in the polls - he wants to make it look like he's actually doing something again.

3.5 years.

It. won't. work. one. single. bit.

Regular people aren't that stupid.
It's funny how Biden and most hacks, in this forum, have said an executive order can't do anything and/or he doesn't have the power. And… on day one, Biden used Execute Orders, to invalidate Trumps Executive Orders that caused this mess.

Oh, not all of those Executive Orders were related to Covid! So, don't go there…

Executive orders can do lots of things. You LOVE them when Republicans are in office, and bawl about emperors when Dems are in office.

But the point you're apparently trying to not understand is that Trump's executive orders on the border only worked because we had declared a PANDEMIC EMERGENCY. Without that, executive orders around asylum would probably get tossed by courts pretty quickly, because we have laws. Now if you want to declare another pandemic emergency we can get the border shut down again tomorrow no prob.
and... he went there...

The guy can't help himself..
The person is an idiot - and if you (and others obviously) would just hit the normal "reply" button instead of the "quote" button when you respond to him / her, the rest of us wouldn't have to see anything other than his / her name next to a circle with half an "x" in it when they post...
Yes please
Long since done so, as I'd long since concluded his dementedness contributes nothing to the discourse.
packgrad
hokie and civ are anxiously awaiting his posts to quote for the next week.
hokiewolf
I'll just continue to quote reply just to annoy you (Sorry Storm).
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
packgrad
hokiewolf said:

Doesn't annoy me a bit. Makes me laugh at how much of a message board guy you are.
caryking
packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

Doesn't annoy me a bit. Makes me laugh at how much of a message board guy you are.

I respond to the knucklehead in order to show how much of a knucklehead he is. That said, I need to remember to quit quoting his post…
ncsupack1
I find the poster funny. They can get some folks here worked up.
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

I respond to the knucklehead in order to show how much of a knucklehead he is. That said, I need to remember to quit quoting his post…

I have to admit I really miss their sputtering and unhinged "Wait, you don't love Trump?! This can't be real!" responses to everything.
caryking
I fully understand people don't like Trump. I can call you a knucklehead, idiot, naive, or whatever…. The truth is, I really don't know you, so my assertion's are just random, at best.

Now, I do think we probably have different world views. That's ok…
Werewolf
Werewolf
Nice timing, is this the opening move which brings down the house of cards? Or is it #Podesta's arrest that's the indicator of what's to follow?

hokiewolf
lol. Gateway Pundit. Yeah, that's a great "news" source. Jim Hoft has been off his rocker for at least 15 years
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
Werewolf
#daGobbler is a Biden supporter, no doubts! LOL, he can't help himself.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

lol. Gateway Pundit. Yeah, that's a great "news" source. Jim Hoft has been off his rocker for at least 15 years
See… this is what I'm talking about. To some, their news source is the only reputable source. That was the point of Ron Filipkowski thread. Everyone has places where news is gained. We will never put that genie back in the bottle and get back down to a few sources. Actually, I think that has more good than bad.

Filipkowski is a hack, to me. I looked at his "X" account and it is nothing but attacks on Trump and his allies. That said, Civ obvious uses him as a means for humor or news, I don't know.

Hokie, I didn't even read his Hoft's article; however, speak specifically to the points he made and discuss them and don't fall into the trap, I did, by dismissing the Filipkowski article and just called him a hack!
caryking
Werewolf said:

Nice timing, is this the opening move which brings down the house of cards? Or is it #Podesta's arrest that's the indicator of what's to follow?

Just saw the headlines…

Is it "NOT" true that the Hunter Biden laptop got entered into the courtroom?
DrummerboyWolf
caryking said:

Werewolf said:

Just saw the headlines…

No that is just a conspiracy theory. 4 years ago the Main Stream Media had a full "frontal" assault saying it was not true and 51 "intel experts" said it was Russian disinformation. Ooops wait a minute, it is real. Another "conspiracy theory" proven true. Imagine that!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Werewolf
17 x 3 = 51
17 x 2 = 34 indictments.

if we are following along very closely.
packgrad
DrummerboyWolf said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

Just saw the headlines…

No that is just a conspiracy theory. 4 years ago the Main Stream Media had a full "frontal" assault saying it was not true and 51 "intel experts" said it was Russian disinformation. Ooops wait a minute, it is real. Another "conspiracy theory" proven true. Imagine that!

The TDS crew blame TRUUUMMPP and MAGA for distrust in the FBI, CIA, and the media. Not that they all colluded to usurp a presidency with bogus information about Hunter Biden laptop and RUSSIA!!! Couldn't be that.

Baaaaaa.
caryking
packgrad said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

Just saw the headlines…

The TDS crew blame TRUUUMMPP and MAGA for distrust in the FBI, CIA, and the media. Not that they all colluded to usurp a presidency with bogus information about Hunter Biden laptop and RUSSIA!!! Couldn't be that.

Baaaaaa.
Those 30-50 former intelligence officials that signed onto the letter saying that the Biden laptop was Russian disinformation should be prosecuted for election interference!!
packgrad
Bockwinkle
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-white-house-urged-democrats-call-back-wall-street-journal-reported-presidents-mental-acuity
Civilized
caryking said:

packgrad said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

Just saw the headlines…

Baaaaaa.
Those 30-50 former intelligence officials that signed onto the letter saying that the Biden laptop was Russian disinformation should be prosecuted for election interference!!

Should Comey be prosecuted for the same for the October surprise Clinton letter that won Trump the 2016 election but ended up being a big nothingburger legally?

Or can we maybe just not be so dramatic and just acknowledge it's quite possible they were acting on best available information at the time?

Comey didn't have it out for Clinton or Dems. He was just doing his job as best as he know how given the info he had.

But unfortunately it swung the election to Trump. Those are the breaks.

The Biden laptop hit at a time when we already knew of significant Russian interference and circumstantially was weird as ***** Hunter Biden leaving a laptop three weeks before his Dad was set to be on the US presidential ballot with potentially incriminating info with a mostly blind, Trump-supporting conspiracy theorist computer repairman that couldn't even see who dropped it off and kept changing his story about the who/what/when, and then the client leaving it for weeks, seemed implausible at best and a complete fairy tale at worst.

That others looked at that situation rationally and viewed it with suspicion is completely understandable.
Gulfstream4
caryking said:

packgrad said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

Just saw the headlines…

Baaaaaa.

I think that's a great idea.
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

packgrad said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

Just saw the headlines…

Baaaaaa.

Should Comey be prosecuted for the same for the October surprise Clinton letter that won Trump the 2016 election but ended up being a big nothingburger legally?

Or can we maybe just not be so dramatic and just acknowledge it's quite possible they were acting on best available information at the time?

Comey didn't have it out for Clinton or Dems. He was just doing his job as best as he know how given the info he had.

The Biden laptop hit at a time when we already knew of significant Russian interference and circumstantially was weird as ***** Hunter Biden leaving a laptop three weeks before his Dad was set to be on the US presidential ballot with potentially incriminating info with a mostly blind, Trump-supporting conspiracy theorist computer repairman that couldn't even see who dropped it off and kept changing his story about the who/what/when, and then the client leaving it for weeks, seemed implausible at best and a complete fairy tale at worst.

That others looked at that situation rationally and viewed it with suspicion is completely understandable.
Comey? possibly, but not for what you mentioned. Like you said, he may have been doing his job. Regarding the other intelligence officials, please tell me what job they were doing?

BTW, the FBI had that laptop, way in advance of the election (maybe a year) and set on it. Should Barr be investigated for election interference?

Civ, I think the whole system is full of self-serving slime. With that mindset (of mine) I'm going to look at things a little different than... perhaps you. That's ok, right?
Civilized
TheStorm said:

COVID, COVID, COVID!

*Nice job ignoring the other two non-covid years under Trump... and BTW, all that chart shows me is that Biden changed what was being done previously. But TRUMP!

What exactly did Biden change again?

He sends more a higher percentage of crossers back than Trump did and given that there have been more crossers under his administration that means he's sent back over 3x as many crossers as Trump did, normalized for time scale.

*the other two non-COVID years under Trump aren't magic. The guy who did the observational study just chose a two-year period to normalize the sample size between Biden and Trump. He had around two years of Biden data to look at when he did his study in November of '23.

You can crunch the Biden and Trump immigration and return numbers any way choose and report back to us. I don't think it will change the meat of the observation that when the rubber hits the road Biden's approach to sending back migrants is actually more aggressive than Trump's.
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

packgrad said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

Just saw the headlines…

Baaaaaa.

Comey? possibly, but not for what you mentioned. Like you said, he may have been doing his job. Regarding the other intelligence officials, please tell me what job they were doing?

BTW, the FBI had that laptop, way in advance of the election (maybe a year) and set on it. Should Barr be investigated for election interference?

Civ, I think the whole system is full of self-serving slime. With that mindset (of mine) I'm going to look at things a little different than... perhaps you. That's ok, right?

We don't need to keep giving each other permission to look at things differently. That's obviously fine.

The issue is when people just start out with an opinion formed by social media and other opinion sources (not actual news) and then make no attempt to quantify or analyze or look for studies or do any research about the underlying drivers of their beliefs. They just look for other opinions to reinforce their world view.
caryking
Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

COVID, COVID, COVID!

*Nice job ignoring the other two non-covid years under Trump... and BTW, all that chart shows me is that Biden changed what was being done previously. But TRUMP!

He sends more a higher percentage of crossers back than Trump did and given that there have been more crossers under his administration that means he's sent back over 3x as many crossers as Trump did, normalized for time scale.

*the other two non-COVID years under Trump aren't magic. The guy who did the observational study just chose a two-year period to normalize the sample size between Biden and Trump. He had around two years of Biden data to look at when he did his study in November of '23.

You can crunch the Biden and Trump immigration and return numbers any way choose and report back to us. I don't think it will change the meat of the observation that when the rubber hits the road Biden's approach to sending back migrants is actually more aggressive than Trump's.
Biden changed the messaging game, it appears... If things are better, or no worse, since Biden has been in office, then he is losing the messaging game, for sure.

That said, the images we see today (since Biden has been in office) are awful for the country. Honestly, I don't care about who is doing this or who is doing that. I want the border crossing to STOP!!

Our GOAL should be a 100% stoppage of crossings, at the border. Set the goal high, work to accomplish that GOAL, tirelessly!

caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

packgrad said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

Just saw the headlines…

Baaaaaa.

We don't need to keep giving each other permission to look at things differently. That's obviously fine.

The issue is when people just start out with an opinion formed by social media and other opinion sources (not actual news) and then make no attempt to quantify or analyze or look for studies or do any research about the underlying drivers of their beliefs. They just look for other opinions to reinforce their world view.
Who, or what, are those "actual news" sources?
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

COVID, COVID, COVID!

Biden changed the messaging game, it appears... If things are better, or no worse, since Biden has been in office, then he is losing the messaging game, for sure.

That said, the images we see today (since Biden has been in office) are awful for the country. Honestly, I don't care about who is doing this or who is doing that. I want the border crossing to STOP!!

Our GOAL should be a 100% stoppage of crossings, at the border. Set the goal high, work to accomplish that GOAL, tirelessly!

The situation is much worse than when Trump was in office because there are so many more crossers.

The messaging that Biden just lets them all stay though is wrong. He sends back a comparable or higher percentage than Trump and thus has sent back 2.5x as many crossers as Trump did. Uninformed voters or news consumers don't know that listening to the current discourse, though, they just think Biden has an open border policy and everyone gets to come here for a nice extended or permanent vacay.

The messaging game at this point for Biden will be "I was successful at bringing the most significant bipartisan immigration reform legislation to the table in decades and it got torpedoed by Trump so he could campaign on it" and "I crafted an EO out of necessity so at least I'm doing what I can."

He doesn't have results to run on but you sell what you have to sell so he'll sell the bipartisan bill and his EO.
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

COVID, COVID, COVID!

The situation is much worse than when Trump was in office because there are so many more crossers.

The messaging that Biden just lets them all stay though is wrong. He sends back a comparable or higher percentage than Trump and thus has sent back 2.5x as many crossers as Trump did. Uninformed voters or news consumers don't know that listening to the current discourse, though, they just think Biden has an open border policy and everyone gets to come here for a nice extended or permanent vacay.

The messaging game at this point for Biden will be "I was successful at bringing the most significant bipartisan immigration reform legislation to the table in decades and it got torpedoed by Trump so he could campaign on it" and "I crafted an EO out of necessity so at least I'm doing what I can."

He doesn't have results to run on but you sell what you have to sell so he'll sell the bipartisan bill and his EO.
Do you disagree with what I think the goal should be?
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

Who, or what, are those "actual news" sources?
Choose from the grab bag and try to choose a few from different columns:

Definitely not anonymous screen-named Twitter yahoos.
First Page Last Page
Page 264 of 304

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.