The Biden Administration..V3

605,158 Views | 8873 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Bockwinkle
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gonna start tying these threads together at times. #pedophles #BAALworship #Satanists

Werewolf
Illinois governor, correct? #TheGreatAwakening is here and we're just gettin' started ;-)

Come on #Sieve, jump! I've got a lifeboat for ya!!!!

Werewolf
#Sieve and the boys, if you place any value on the life you enjoy here in this country, you'd best support these 49 US Senators. Serious business!!!!

A little wrinkle to this is that there is an existing treaty......and an amendment to this existing treaty might not require 2/3 for ratification....only 50% for the amendment.

hokiewolf
Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Not violent? Have you seen UCLA or Columbia?

Yeah.

What are you comparing this to? Being at the public library on a Saturday afternoon?

Or other actually heated political/university protests in our country's history?

The insinuation on here that I'm responding to by Gulf - but others are also making innuendos - is that there is something larger at work here.

My question to anybody that's saying that - that no one on here can seemingly answer - is what exactly makes these protests look different than other protests in our country's past?

As hokie has pointed out many times and it seems like we all agree, a lot of these college kids seem like they're cosplaying actual protesters. A lot don't even seem to know what exactly they're protesting or to have a coherent message or 'ask'. They just seem like they want to protest something. The closest they've come is this divestment stuff that's nebulously impactful to the actual Israel war effort, at best. And they know they hate civilian suffering in Gaza - we all do. But just like every other country in a similar position, Israel defending itself is ugly on the ground and comes with tragic consequences for civilians that Hamas embeds themselves with.

This all seems far less organized, less vitriolic, and more mundane than the big protests in our nation's history during the Civil Rights movement and Vietnam, for example, or the big Women's Lib or LGBT or even the Rodney King or BLM protests.

It seems much more like Occupy Wall Street or Tea Party protests than any of those.

So again, what makes these protests different in y'all's eyes such that you evidently think, "uh oh, this could be bad?"
LOL...so assault on cops, over taking and vandalizing property isn't a big deal? Dude give it up, hell even your beloved MSM are reporting on the clashes. I thought you Democrats after Jan 6th were all about law and order?

We are. And those on the left here have been critical of the protesters and supportive of the leo that are enforcing campus and city/state laws. Civ and myself are questioning this conspiracy theory tied behind some support from the usually liberal donors. It simply doesn't make sense for them to be supportive of this type of "movement." It goes against everything they stand for - keeping Biden in the WH and a majority in Congress.

Can someone please explain why Dem donors would support this stuff happening on college campuses and at Biden events?

From Politico, not exactly a right wing publication

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/05/pro-palestinian-protests-columbia-university-funding-donors-00156135

I think the indirect funding leads to questions that Soros, Rockefeller and Pritzger need to answer for.
Wufskins
Werewolf said:

#Nappy and #Foreskin, he's talking to your guys.

#SIeve, you're a good dude. Time to jump ship bro.

You can keep calling me names, but we all know you're not a true Patriot. Like Trump, you chickened out. Smart move tho so you do have that going for you.
Wufskins
hokiewolf said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Yeah.

What are you comparing this to? Being at the public library on a Saturday afternoon?

Or other actually heated political/university protests in our country's history?

The insinuation on here that I'm responding to by Gulf - but others are also making innuendos - is that there is something larger at work here.

My question to anybody that's saying that - that no one on here can seemingly answer - is what exactly makes these protests look different than other protests in our country's past?

As hokie has pointed out many times and it seems like we all agree, a lot of these college kids seem like they're cosplaying actual protesters. A lot don't even seem to know what exactly they're protesting or to have a coherent message or 'ask'. They just seem like they want to protest something. The closest they've come is this divestment stuff that's nebulously impactful to the actual Israel war effort, at best. And they know they hate civilian suffering in Gaza - we all do. But just like every other country in a similar position, Israel defending itself is ugly on the ground and comes with tragic consequences for civilians that Hamas embeds themselves with.

This all seems far less organized, less vitriolic, and more mundane than the big protests in our nation's history during the Civil Rights movement and Vietnam, for example, or the big Women's Lib or LGBT or even the Rodney King or BLM protests.

It seems much more like Occupy Wall Street or Tea Party protests than any of those.

So again, what makes these protests different in y'all's eyes such that you evidently think, "uh oh, this could be bad?"
LOL...so assault on cops, over taking and vandalizing property isn't a big deal? Dude give it up, hell even your beloved MSM are reporting on the clashes. I thought you Democrats after Jan 6th were all about law and order?

We are. And those on the left here have been critical of the protesters and supportive of the leo that are enforcing campus and city/state laws. Civ and myself are questioning this conspiracy theory tied behind some support from the usually liberal donors. It simply doesn't make sense for them to be supportive of this type of "movement." It goes against everything they stand for - keeping Biden in the WH and a majority in Congress.

Can someone please explain why Dem donors would support this stuff happening on college campuses and at Biden events?

From Politico, not exactly a right wing publication

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/05/pro-palestinian-protests-columbia-university-funding-donors-00156135

I think the indirect funding leads to questions that Soros, Rockefeller and Pritzger need to answer for.

If you look back a page or two, i brought up Soros and indirect funding. I'd like to see Soros directly tied to the funding of what is going on now. Not a year or several years back of support for pro Palestinian college orgs. I want to see Soros specifically supporting what's going on now. Since Oct 7.
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Yeah.

No, Civ said that these protest aren't violent. Two different things here, don't change the subject.

I haven't seen him say that. And I'm not changing the subject.

Studying in a libraryโ€ฆless vitriolicโ€ฆ

Correct.

These are definitely, obviously, clearly less vitriolic than the Civil Rights era protests, Vietnam era protests, Rodney King protests, BLM protests, and many others.

It's why I asked what you were comparing these to.

I'm not going to act like these protests are the 2024 Watts Riots when they're mostly a bunch of pasty nerds doing protest re-enactments.

This is what protest very often has looked like in this country.

I wish they weren't protesting. I don't want another Trump presidency and these protests are not good for Biden.

And it seems like all over the country police and campus administrators are taking appropriate action, disbanding protest encampments, and making arrests when and where necessary.

So I'm not sure what you want here.

I am not surprised people are protesting a very tragic situation in the Middle East. This is what protests have long looked like in America. We have seen true widespread violence in political or civic protests at times in this country and these ain't that. Yet, the police are acting accordingly when they need to.

But all that aside I am definitely not persuaded Russia and China are using anti-Israel protests to somehow weaken America. Protests don't weaken America. They make us stronger, and further underscore the differences between us and undemocratic regimes.

I feel like some y'all are just butthurt that people made rightfully made a big deal about January 6 and you think I or other people are downplaying these protests. We made a big deal about Jan. 6, we should be making a big deal about these too!

The clear and obvious differences are that Biden did not call for these protests; that they cause or at a minimum are a symptom of electoral weakness for Biden; and most importantly that Biden is not trying to use them to overturn an election.

Debating whether these are a 2 or a 3 on the Protest Violence Meter is dumb and a waste of time. So is making nebulous and completely unsubstantiated assertions about foreign government involvement.

Pull on the sweater string with Soros if you want. I don't think there's anything there either; as Skins has said Soros supporting protests that weaken Biden when he's a big Biden and Dem supporter makes no sense. Neither does years-ago Soros donations eventually and intentionally trickling through to protests of a months-old war. But y'all knock yourselves out.
ncsupack1
I have never said anything about funding from foreign governments. All I've said is that many of these protests are violent and there are outsiders who are paid to protest have shown up. I've kept my discussion pretty basic and simple. BTW, don't lump me in with the whole Jan 6 or any other category. You are reaching there when it comes to me. What I'm comparing is the BLM and the current protests. Outsiders are involved in both and there similar patterns. If you fail to see that then fine that's on you.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

I have never said anything about funding from foreign governments. All I've said is that many of these protests are violent and there are outsiders who are paid to protest have shown up. I've kept my discussion pretty basic and simple. BTW, don't lump me in with the whole Jan 6 or any other category. You are reaching there when it comes to me. What I'm comparing is the BLM and the current protests. Outsiders are involved in both and there similar patterns. If you fail to see that then fine that's on you.
I don't know a poster on this board that is supportive on Jan 6. We all think it was a terrible day, in general. That said, I believe, that along with some Trump supporters, we had a number of people helping get the madness worse than maybe it could have been.

That said, my thinking could be revisionist history as well. Now, if we think outsiders were involved in some of these Campus protest, why would outsiders not be involved in Jan 6. Remember, Jan 6 was to be a day whereas Congress was to debate the electors and challenge the election, just like every election prior. The Jan 6 crap kept that from happening. Not what the Trump team wanted.
caryking
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Yeah.

No, Civ said that these protest aren't violent. Two different things here, don't change the subject.

Correct.

These are definitely, obviously, clearly less vitriolic than the Civil Rights era protests, Vietnam era protests, Rodney King protests, BLM protests, and many others.

I'm not going to act like these protests are the 2024 Watts Riots when they're mostly a bunch of pasty nerds doing protest re-enactments.

I wish they weren't protesting. I don't want another Trump presidency and these protests are not good for Biden.

And it seems like all over the country police and campus administrators are taking appropriate action, disbanding protest encampments, and making arrests when and where necessary.

I am not surprised people are protesting a very tragic situation in the Middle East. This is what protests have long looked like in America. We have seen true widespread violence in political or civic protests at times in this country and these ain't that. Yet, the police are acting accordingly when they need to.

But all that aside I am definitely not persuaded Russia and China are using anti-Israel protests to somehow weaken America. Protests don't weaken America. They make us stronger, and further underscore the differences between us and undemocratic regimes.

I feel like some y'all are just butthurt that people made rightfully made a big deal about January 6 and you think I or other people are downplaying these protests. We made a big deal about Jan. 6, we should be making a big deal about these too!

The clear and obvious differences are that Biden did not call for these protests; that they cause or at a minimum are a symptom of electoral weakness for Biden; and most importantly that Biden is not trying to use them to overturn an election.

Debating whether these are a 2 or a 3 on the Protest Violence Meter is dumb and a waste of time. So is making nebulous and completely unsubstantiated assertions about foreign government involvement.

Pull on the sweater string with Soros if you want. I don't think there's anything there either; as Skins has said Soros supporting protests that weaken Biden when he's a big Biden and Dem supporter makes no sense. Neither does years-ago Soros donations eventually and intentionally trickling through to protests of a months-old war. But y'all knock yourselves out.
All opinion!
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

I don't know a poster on this board that is supportive on Jan 6. We all think it was a terrible day, in general. That said, I believe, that along with some Trump supporters, we had a number of people helping get the madness worse than maybe it could have been.

That said, my thinking could be revisionist history as well. Now, if we think outsiders were involved in some of these Campus protest, why would outsiders not be involved in Jan 6. Remember, Jan 6 was to be a day whereas Congress was to debate the electors and challenge the election, just like every election prior. The Jan 6 crap kept that from happening. Not what the Trump team wanted.

Some folks have a hard time with but Jan 6th. Not every counter argument has to do with that day.
Werewolf
Riots will bring on more GOVT ENFORCEMENT........just like this. #DINGDING

Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Some folks have a hard time with but Jan 6th. Not every counter argument has to do with that day.

I believe you when you say it, but if your angst over these protests has nothing to do with perceived hypocrisy in the coverage of right vs. left protests and also not so much the foreign adversary meddling angle, then that leaves just thinking these protests on their face are truly violent/scary/whatever in their own right.

Which, against the backdrop of many past political or civil protests in our country's history that were far larger, more extreme, longer-lasting, or more violent, seems to lack context.

This is also why I think you guys get off base on here lambasting those of us that object to Trump's actions as being "...but but but Trump"-ers when we compare simply because we think Trump is a terrible president and person (which is obviously true, I do think this).

I compare Biden to Trump because context always matters. We aren't analyzing events in a vacuum. It's fine to think Biden sucks, but compared to what?

What are we comparing whatever's being discussed to, if not similar circumstances in the past? The current president very naturally gets, and should get, compared to past presidents including obviously the most recent (and likely next) president. The protests are compared, and should be compared, to past protests.

Analysis requires context, and history provides that context.
ncsupack1
When I what?
Ncsufist
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Yeah.

Correct.

So does the groups that are in charge of the protests being tied to hamas move the needle for you? They are the current American organizations that are the propaganda arm for Hamas. So in essence all those protesters and FUNDERS are provided comfort and assistance to a known terrorist organization.
Civilized
Ncsufist said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Yeah.

Correct.

So does the groups that are in charge of the protests being tied to hamas move the needle for you? They are the current American organizations that are the propaganda arm for Hamas. So in essence all those protesters and FUNDERS are provided comfort and assistance to a known terrorist organization.

What groups?

Which protests are they "in charge of"?

As evidenced by what?

What evidence is there that these groups are Hamas propagandists?

Now Soros is funding Hamas?

There are so many loose, extremely oblique, and/or completely unsubstantiated allegations in these two or three sentences of yours. It's hard to know where to start.

No, your view of what these protest are does not move the needle for me because I don't think it's tethered to reality.
ncsupack1
I don't know who funds what, but I do know Antifa has their social media on X that organizes many protest. As for Hamas, we've seen pictures of the flag that Hamas uses at some of these protests.Now, I do agree that some of the protesters are just dumb and don't really understand what they are protesting, but there is a group out there who are stirring the pot. All you have to do go look up police records on who has been arrested. We've already had a poster here admit that they were wrong about who has been arrested. Not every protest needs to be viewed the same. This isn't some Vietnam war that was effecting students on these campuses. This is a group of protesters that at times have called for the death of Jews. I don't see how they are the same?
Gulfstream4
Ncsufist said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Yeah.

Correct.

Civil is not going to accept anything that makes his team look bad without double copies, signed and notarized by Hamas and this must also include a short video with a time stampโ€ฆ.only then, maybe, kinda, will he acknowledge anything you're saying.
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Yeah.

It does hurt Biden, that's why for the most part Democrats are against the protesting, unlike BLM protests that the Democrats viewed as a positive thing for them. I don't know who funds what, I don't think it's some vast network that many people think it is. I mean the protesters have at times have set up GoFund me accounts to help legal fees.
Civilized
Gulfstream4 said:

Ncsufist said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Yeah.

Correct.

Civil is not going to accept anything that makes his team look bad without double copies, signed and notarized by Hamas and this must also include a short video with a time stampโ€ฆ.only then, maybe, kinda, will he acknowledge anything you're saying.

That makes zero sense.

If you think my team is the Dems/Biden, these protests hurt the team. Biden doesn't support the protests, he needs them to go away. So why would I for political reasons defend protests that are hurting Biden politically?

You act like you're bringing forward some evidence, and then I'm telling you it's imperfect.

There is zero consequential evidence on here. It's all just innuendo and suspicion.

Sorry, that doesn't move the needle and that's not some crazy position to take. There doesn't have to be ironclad evidence, but their damn sure needs to be some real, actual evidence.

Give us something. Names of organizations. Actual ties of those organizations to Hamas. Some indication Soros directly and recently funded protests that run completely counter to his clear political objectives.

I don't expect any of us to generate these answers ourselves; obviously we're relying on investigative journalism. So if you've seen articles that detail any of these connections satisfactorily, post the links on here.
ncsupack1
I'll answer for me. I don't think it's tied to Hamas, I think it's just plain anti America. It worked during BLM, the protesters had support of Democrats then. Now they are probably confused.
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

I'll answer for me. I don't think it's tied to Hamas, I think it's just plain anti America. It worked during BLM, the protesters had support of Democrats then. Now they are probably confused.

If you're Palestinian-American, Palestinian ex-pat, have Palestinian friends and family, or are just sympathetic to Palestinian government and culture having been co-opted by a terrorist regime, are you happy with the US supporting Israel and the Israeli war effort that's decimating your homeland?

And this question is for all of us - are any of us pleased with how many Palestinian civilians have been killed, or the Palestinians now living in a hellhole with little medical treatment, food, or clean water?

It's way more complicated than being "just plain" anything.

Israel needs to defend itself. Civilians die in war. Israel is surrounded by Muslim nations that want to extinguish the Jewish state. Israel is a bastion of Western ideals in the middle of a region that is...well, not representative of Western ideals.

But I'd be absolutely despondent if I were Palestinian, living abroad, likely seeing and hearing what friends and family are being subjected to there. Undoubtedly knowing some of those killed in the conflict so far. Seeing the devastation.

There are things to protest in this situation that are not crazy. But that has to be balanced with Israel's rights, and the benefits of supporting Israel too.

This is a copmlex situation. Nobody wins with events like October 7, and then the predictable and understandable response. We all need to be pulling for a restoration of order over there, ASAP, and as impossible as it seems, some semblance of lasting peace.
ncsupack1
It is very complicated but I wouldn't move to a country and demand that said country change its ways. The USA is a strong ally of Israel, that isn't going to change. War sucks, but demanding that a country just drop what they've always done is setting one up for disappointment. Heck, why aren't these same protesters not mad at the other countries over there that aren't taking refugees in? But you are right that there is a lot going on in this situation.
Ncsufist
https://www.carolinajournal.com/federal-lawsuit-alleges-students-for-justice-in-palestine-is-a-hamas-front-group/

They are currently being sued for it.
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

It is very complicated but I wouldn't move to a country and demand that said country change its ways. The USA is a strong ally of Israel, that isn't going to change. War sucks, but demanding that a country just drop what they've always done is setting one up for disappointment. Heck, why aren't these same protesters not mad at the other countries over there that aren't taking refugees in? But you are right that there is a lot going on in this situation.

There are hybrid outcomes that could be effected by protest that are more positive for Palestinians though, like trying advocate for the US to lead cease-fire or peace talks in the region.

We've succesfully operated in that space on other occasions, and that outcome would be drastically better for Palestinians than continued war without asking the US to foresake its ally.
Ncsufist
Why do we care more about other countries than our own citizens? Fix our own issues and then we can afford to worry about someone's else.
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

There are hybrid outcomes that could be effected by protest that are more positive for Palestinians though, like trying advocate for the US to lead cease-fire or peace talks in the region.

We've succesfully operated in that space on other occasions, and that outcome would be drastically better for Palestinians than continued war without asking the US to foresake its ally.

Good luck with a cease fire with Hamas shooting around 40 rockets yesterday at one of the only points for aid. I want to see these protesters going out and denounce Hamas not Israel, that would be a good start.
Werewolf
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

#Sieve lives in the proverbial ivory tower. So sad.
hokiewolf
So the Biden Administration is holding shipping weapons to our ally Israel. Isn't that the same thing Trump got impeached for?
barelypure
Does George Soros help fund the protests? That answer is murky on purpose. He and his son Alexander fund Open Society and OS has sent funds in support of the protest. Thru other Soros organizations they have provided training for the leaders of the protests. Did they personally write the checks to them, no but they provided the funds for others to do so.

That's like asking if Joe Biden funds Hamas. Well Biden sends money to Iran and Iran sends ~$100 million to Hamas. So does Biden fund Hamas? I think we can say he does indirectly.

Money is fungible. It can be used for 1 purpose which frees up other money to be used for something else. In both cases providing supplies and support for their actions.
hokiewolf
Ncsufist said:

Why do we care more about other countries than our own citizens? Fix our own issues and then we can afford to worry about someone's else.
Because if the US doesn't perform this function, then someone else will fill the void like China. Do you want to live in a world where a communist country is the super power while the US shuts its borders?
Gulfstream4
Ncsufist said:

Simple amigo. Half the country has been conditioned, from an early age, to hate America. They are called democrats and the more left they go, the more hate they have for America.
ncsupack1
These protesters also need to know that Israel was allowing people from Gaza to work in Israelโ€ฆ. And we've found that a lot of them were spies. But yes, be mad at Israel.
ncsupack1
hokiewolf said:

Ncsufist said:

Because if the US doesn't perform this function, then someone else will fill the void like China. Do you want to live in a world where a communist country is the super power while the US shuts its borders?

Not sure by what you mean by boarders, but yes, China has a way of coming in and setting up shop.
barelypure
China is experiencing population decline due to their 1 child policy they've discontinued but perhaps too late. They have cities that are near empty. They need workers. Maybe Abbott and DeSantis should look into flying the illegals to China instead of NYC. That's a win-win for everyone.
First Page Last Page
Page 247 of 254

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.