The Biden Administration..V3

927,520 Views | 10737 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Werewolf
BP Cox
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

Of course it does. The world economy mirrors our own, with a little lag time. When things are good here they're good in most other places. Same when they're bad. That doesn't negate the fact that prices are still outpacing wages. Or the historical (or even hysterical) increase in prices since Biden became President.

Then there's the view that 60% are living paycheck to paycheck with less than $1000 as an emergency fund. Add to that housing prices being out of reach for most people that's also hampered by high interest rates. That by itself rings the death knell for the American Dream.

No perception is reality for these people and if they're suffering come November a lot of them will vote with their pocketbook, thinking back to the halcyon days of Trump.

Clearly they are just blocking from their memory the period from early 2020 until Trump left office when COVID hit and unemployment spiked from sub-4% to over 14%, or the period from 2018 until COVID hit when southern border crossings were at over 200% what they were 18 months prior. Trump got lucky we shut down for COVID or else he'd be getting blamed for leaving Biden an immigration poopoo platter on his way out of office.

That's their prerogative to ignore those things, and many voters will either know them and not care; have forgotten them; or never knew them in the first place, but the end of Trump's term was not the magic carpet ride people make it out to be from either economic or immigration standpoints.

Civ, listen, I don't care who the President is; however, they have a responsibility to keep the US sovereign. So, who really cares about how bad it has been, for the last (hell, I'll say it) 40 years.

We need to stop the influx of illegal immigrants into this country, regardless of the Presidency. We have people, siting on porches, be called out for collecting welfare, when they really want to work, for a decent wage. That decent wage has been decimated by illegals!

Let's just fix the problem. The House passed HB2 several months ago and the Senate wouldn't pick it up and start the negotiations. This was well before the Senate bill that encompassed other spending. Let's be real, if the Dems wanted to fix the problem, they would have taken HB2 and negotiated things they wanted, regarding immigration.

No, instead of that, they did exactly what Republicans do when the shoe is on the other foot. It appears no one wants to fix this horrible problem!

A bipartisan immigration bill just got torpedoed so that Trump and other Republicans up for election in 2024 can continue catastrophizing the problem to their electoral benefit.

There's no one bill that will fix the problem. We need to accept incremental, bipartisan solutions that are improvements to what we have, and then keep grinding on the problem and creating new, better legislation that improves upon that.
Doesn't matter if it was "bipartisan" or not, it still let in thousands of immigrants daily instead of the proper way. It deserved to get railroaded on that alone.

But I agree with your view that there will not be a magical one bill solution. Politicians have gotten to comfortable with the omnibus bill approach for two political purposes:

1) They can squeeze in as much pork as possible to get lost in the weeds.

2) They will put something in that the other party will vote against on party lines, then use that as an excuse to say "Look at the other side, they hate xxxxxx, they voted against xxxxxx".

It's played out and destroying this country. We need single subject, easily interpreted bills that are shared with the public before passage.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
Wufskins
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

Of course it does. The world economy mirrors our own, with a little lag time. When things are good here they're good in most other places. Same when they're bad. That doesn't negate the fact that prices are still outpacing wages. Or the historical (or even hysterical) increase in prices since Biden became President.

Then there's the view that 60% are living paycheck to paycheck with less than $1000 as an emergency fund. Add to that housing prices being out of reach for most people that's also hampered by high interest rates. That by itself rings the death knell for the American Dream.

No perception is reality for these people and if they're suffering come November a lot of them will vote with their pocketbook, thinking back to the halcyon days of Trump.

Clearly they are just blocking from their memory the period from early 2020 until Trump left office when COVID hit and unemployment spiked from sub-4% to over 14%, or the period from 2018 until COVID hit when southern border crossings were at over 200% what they were 18 months prior. Trump got lucky we shut down for COVID or else he'd be getting blamed for leaving Biden an immigration poopoo platter on his way out of office.

That's their prerogative to ignore those things, and many voters will either know them and not care; have forgotten them; or never knew them in the first place, but the end of Trump's term was not the magic carpet ride people make it out to be from either economic or immigration standpoints.

Civ, listen, I don't care who the President is; however, they have a responsibility to keep the US sovereign. So, who really cares about how bad it has been, for the last (hell, I'll say it) 40 years.

We need to stop the influx of illegal immigrants into this country, regardless of the Presidency. We have people, siting on porches, be called out for collecting welfare, when they really want to work, for a decent wage. That decent wage has been decimated by illegals!

Let's just fix the problem. The House passed HB2 several months ago and the Senate wouldn't pick it up and start the negotiations. This was well before the Senate bill that encompassed other spending. Let's be real, if the Dems wanted to fix the problem, they would have taken HB2 and negotiated things they wanted, regarding immigration.

No, instead of that, they did exactly what Republicans do when the shoe is on the other foot. It appears no one wants to fix this horrible problem!

A bipartisan immigration bill just got torpedoed so that Trump and other Republicans up for election in 2024 can continue catastrophizing the problem to their electoral benefit.

There's no one bill that will fix the problem. We need to accept incremental, bipartisan solutions that are improvements to what we have, and then keep grinding on the problem and creating new, better legislation that improves upon that.
Again Civ... that bill you are referring too is well after HB2, passed by the house. Why in the world would the Senate not negotiate that bill?

Because it had zero chance to get 60 votes. That was the reasoning behind one of the two House Republicans that voted against the bill. With a narrow margin for each side in the House and Senate, you have to compromise. The House bill wasn't a compromise.
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

packofwolves said:

Wufskins said:

And in 2020, voters were so tired and disgusted from Trump's handling of Covid, repeal/replace, infrastructure week, etc that they overwhelmingly rejected the sitting President and elected Biden. And that was BEFORE Jan 6.

So you get it, you understand. Applies to both sides.

Well sure. I just don't think Trump has done anything to expand his base. He's told Haley supporters they're no longer welcome, and he's done nothing to sway independents. Biden now has a record so that could lead to some of the Indy's that voted for him in 2020 to sit out but I don't see them turning to Trump. Abortion will again be front and center and if the economy continues to rebound, I don't see the border issue being enough to sink Biden. Lastly, Trump's court cases will in the news and will keep the RNC from pumping money into his campaign and instead will be used to pay his lawyers. I don't think it will be the landslide that 2020 was, but Biden will win again imo.

Agree. Trump hasn't done a good job of trying to bring in more folks into the fold. IMO this will hurt him.
caryking
Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

Again Civ... that bill you are referring too is well after HB2, passed by the house. Why in the world would the Senate not negotiate that bill?

Because it had zero chance to get 60 votes. That was the reasoning behind one of the two House Republicans that voted against the bill. With a narrow margin for each side in the House and Senate, you have to compromise. The House bill wasn't a compromise.
Based on that answer, why is anyone blaming the Republicans for not taking up the Senate bill? It had no chance of passing, right? Why is it the Republicans fault, like Civ tried to make it to be?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

packofwolves said:

Wufskins said:

And in 2020, voters were so tired and disgusted from Trump's handling of Covid, repeal/replace, infrastructure week, etc that they overwhelmingly rejected the sitting President and elected Biden. And that was BEFORE Jan 6.

Well sure. I just don't think Trump has done anything to expand his base. He's told Haley supporters they're no longer welcome, and he's done nothing to sway independents. Biden now has a record so that could lead to some of the Indy's that voted for him in 2020 to sit out but I don't see them turning to Trump. Abortion will again be front and center and if the economy continues to rebound, I don't see the border issue being enough to sink Biden. Lastly, Trump's court cases will in the news and will keep the RNC from pumping money into his campaign and instead will be used to pay his lawyers. I don't think it will be the landslide that 2020 was, but Biden will win again imo.

Agree. Trump hasn't done a good job of trying to bring in more folks into the fold. IMO this will hurt him.
At the same time, he added 10M more votes from 2016 to 2020…. What makes one think that will not increase? Heck, Blacks are moving towards him more and more, each day. A constituency that he didn't have in 2020.

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

packofwolves said:

Wufskins said:

At the same time, he added 10M more votes from 2016 to 2020…. What makes one think that will not increase? Heck, Blacks are moving towards him more and more, each day. A constituency that he didn't have in 2020.

And there was zero " Red Wave ". As for increasing, Trump has flat out said that MAGA doesn't want you. Be careful what you say when wanting votes.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

packofwolves said:

Wufskins said:

And there was zero " Red Wave ". As for increasing, Trump has flat out said that MAGA doesn't want you. Be careful what you say when wanting votes.
I would like to put more blame on the RNC and establishment republicans for that poor performance.

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

packofwolves said:

Wufskins said:

I would like to put more blame on the RNC and establishment republicans for that poor performance.
Agree there. But the problem with that, is Trump controls the RNC for the most part and they aren't going against him, haven't yet. If Trump wants to win, he can't keep telling folks " go away, we don't want you, stay home and don't vote". That doesn't make a lot of since to me. Skins is right, Trump hasn't done a very good job of trying bridge folks into the fold and it may very well cost him. I guess time will tell.
packofwolves
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

I will be surprised if you get an answer. The Dems knew the Republicans in the senate would not pass the bill as it was currently written. As an example, all legal challenges had to go through DC courts. And Schumer had no intention to bring it to the floor for negotiations. It was nothing more than a political move by the Dems before the election.

If Biden wanted to do something about the border, he would have. And his administration wouldn't challenge every attempt by Texas to secure its border.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

packofwolves said:

Wufskins said:

Agree there. But the problem with that, is Trump controls the RNC for the most part and they aren't going against him, haven't yet. If Trump wants to win, he can't keep telling folks " go away, we don't want you, stay home and don't vote". That doesn't make a lot of since to me. Skins is right, Trump hasn't done a very good job of trying bridge folks into the fold and it may very well cost him. I guess time will tell.

No offense, but, the RNC was not controlled by Trump in any way. Now, today, that's a different story.

Also, consider this.. the RNC spent 500M putting on all these debates, when everyone knew what the outcome was going to be. The RNC and several establishment Republicans hate Trump. They hate him, not for what you think; rather, they know his plan is to disrupt their way of operating.

I am a huge anti establishment person. The industry I'm in, I can tell you things that will make your head spin. It's why I had no problem with LIV when everyone else talked crap about it…

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

packofwolves said:

Wufskins said:

No offense, but, the RNC was not controlled by Trump in any way. Now, today, that's a different story.

Also, consider this.. the RNC spent 500M putting on all these debates, when everyone knew what the outcome was going to be. The RNC and several establishment Republicans hate Trump. They hate him, not for what you think; rather, they know his plan is to disrupt their way of operating.

I am a huge anti establishment person. The industry I'm in, I can tell you things that will make your head spin. It's why I had no problem with LIV when everyone else talked crap about it…

Trump had a major influence this past midterm. Like I said, time will tell. Maybe you are right.
Werewolf
packofwolves said:

If Biden wanted to do something about the border, he would have. And his administration wouldn't challenge every attempt by Texas to secure its border.
#Sieve is artful.........LOL. Slam dunk right here.......cut the BS Sieve.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

packofwolves said:

Wufskins said:

Trump had a major influence this past midterm. Like I said, time will tell. Maybe you are right.
The problem is right here…

Joe Biden
jkpackfan
I have no words

Werewolf
Werewolf
A millennial's devolution

SmaptyWolf
BP Cox said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

Doesn't matter if it was "bipartisan" or not, it still let in thousands of immigrants daily instead of the proper way. It deserved to get railroaded on that alone.

But I agree with your view that there will not be a magical one bill solution. Politicians have gotten to comfortable with the omnibus bill approach for two political purposes:

2) They will put something in that the other party will vote against on party lines, then use that as an excuse to say "Look at the other side, they hate xxxxxx, they voted against xxxxxx".

It's played out and destroying this country. We need single subject, easily interpreted bills that are shared with the public before passage.

What is the "proper way" to process asylum seekers, exactly? By law you have to let them in first, process their claim, and then boot them if they're denied.

You guys just love to abuse the term "let in thousands of immigrants" to generate outrage, as if that's the end of the story. The problem is that our current system is so understaffed and generally broken that people have to wait years to be processed, which for all intents and purposes looks like letting droves of people in.

The bill that you just crapped on would have fixed that and made the system work like it's supposed to... it would still let in asylum seekers, but staff up and streamline in order to process their claims in WEEKS instead of years. Most would then be quickly shown the door. And if there was a spike that the system couldn't handle, then the border would be closed.

Bottom line, this would have been 95% of what we need for this to be a non-issue... you guys just bent over backwards looking for an excuse to torpedo it because the economy is doing great and Trump has literally nothing else to run on.
packofwolves
jkpackfan said:

I have no words

This is who Dems are actually voting for as President.
packofwolves
Just more of Biden's cognitive decline on display for the world to see.
Civilized
jkpackfan said:

I have no words

Could she be talking about fan Tournament Challenge-style brackets for the women's tournament?

Was ESPN or anyone doing that before 2022?

'Brackets' are used in every tournament so they've been around as long as the tournament has. On its face the statement doesn't make any sense.

In the context of fans being able to fill out bracket contests, which drives excitement for the women's games, her comment would make more sense.
barelypure

This man is 111 years old. He's reportedly the world's oldest man. Yet he is still mentally sharp. Joe Biden's problem isn't his age or his <snicker> stutter it's he's not all there mentally and is fading both physically and mentally while we watch on. By November I'm not sure how much Joe will be left.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/04/05/john-tinniswood-worlds-oldest-man-fish-chips-southport/
BP Cox
Staff
SmaptyWolf said:

BP Cox said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

What is the "proper way" to process asylum seekers, exactly? By law you have to let them in first, process their claim, and then boot them if they're denied.

You guys just love to abuse the term "let in thousands of immigrants" to generate outrage, as if that's the end of the story. The problem is that our current system is so understaffed and generally broken that people have to wait years to be processed, which for all intents and purposes looks like letting droves of people in.

The bill that you just crapped on would have fixed that and made the system work like it's supposed to... it would still let in asylum seekers, but staff up and streamline in order to process their claims in WEEKS instead of years. Most would then be quickly shown the door. And if there was a spike that the system couldn't handle, then the border would be closed.

Bottom line, this would have been 95% of what we need for this to be a non-issue... you guys just bent over backwards looking for an excuse to torpedo it because the economy is doing great and Trump has literally nothing else to run on.

I don't know where you get off saying "you guys" or assuming I'm an automatic Trump lap dog. I'm an independent and also tagged both sides for being the problem. Both sides have blood on their hands for getting the country in this situation.

The "proper way" is that they claim asylum in the closest country not involved in the conflict they are fleeing from, not on the other side of the planet as international precedence calls for.

Also it takes years of processing unfortunately because not all of the countries people are coming from do not have reliable documentation records. Is it right that it takes 8 years? No, but the government has a knack for taking their sweet time when the private sector could improve those processes in all likelihood.

So by your mindset you would be completely fine with some random person coming into your home and you letting them stay for an unannounced timeline? Cities are now asking people to take in these "asylum seekers" more or less with a source of "trust us bro". That's magnanimous of you, but not everyone is going to be willing to do that. And I haven't even brought up the people who are felons, been arrested and deported numerous times, yet find their way back into the country. Or now even worse, don't get deported at all.

Just because it takes a long time, just letting them in and letting them go in the country without full monitoring and restrictions is idiotic in every sense. It's a slap in the face for every person who does it the legal way.

And yes, using the term "letting thousands in" is an appropriate term because 1) it's happening every day and 2) the defeated bill literally allowed for roughly 4,999 entrants A DAY.

The bill was crap no matter which way you try to spin it because of that one stipulation. And the current system doesn't work because the people currently in charge are not enforcing the laws. They have literally sued the state of Texas from trying to close the border.

Doesn't matter what party you identify with or support, that's absolutely insane when the federal government takes legal action for a state trying to enforce regulatory measures already in place.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
SmaptyWolf
BP Cox said:

SmaptyWolf said:

BP Cox said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

I don't know where you get off saying "you guys" or assuming I'm an automatic Trump lap dog. I'm an independent and also tagged both sides for being the problem. Both sides have blood on their hands for getting the country in this situation.

The "proper way" is that they claim asylum in the closest country not involved in the conflict they are fleeing from, not on the other side of the planet as international precedence calls for.

Also it takes years of processing unfortunately because not all of the countries people are coming from do not have reliable documentation records. Is it right that it takes 8 years? No, but the government has a knack for taking their sweet time when the private sector could improve those processes in all likelihood.

So by your mindset you would be completely fine with some random person coming into your home and you letting them stay for an unannounced timeline? Cities are now asking people to take in these "asylum seekers" more or less with a source of "trust us bro". That's magnanimous of you, but not everyone is going to be willing to do that. And I haven't even brought up the people who are felons, been arrested and deported numerous times, yet find their way back into the country. Or now even worse, don't get deported at all.

Just because it takes a long time, just letting them in and letting them go in the country without full monitoring and restrictions is idiotic in every sense. It's a slap in the face for every person who does it the legal way.

And yes, using the term "letting thousands in" is an appropriate term because 1) it's happening every day and 2) the defeated bill literally allowed for roughly 4,999 entrants A DAY.

The bill was crap no matter which way you try to spin it because of that one stipulation. And the current system doesn't work because the people currently in charge are not enforcing the laws. They have literally sued the state of Texas from trying to close the border.

Doesn't matter what party you identify with or support, that's absolutely insane when the federal government takes legal action for a state trying to enforce regulatory measures already in place.

The Republican senators involved in crafting that bill seemed to think that it would in fact reduced wait times from years to weeks, and actually mandated monitoring of each entrant, unlike currently where in practice it's rarely done. Which makes pretty much everything you're saying a non-issue. I suspect they have a stronger grasp of this problem than you do.

But as Trump and House Republicans made clear (at various point saying it literally), giving Biden a "win" on this would be electoral suicide for Republicans. That's all there is to it, and pretending otherwise and insisting a bill crafted by the few sane Republicans left was total crap just makes you sound like a shill.

P.S. The Texas governor knows it's an election year, and has been doing his best to gin up immigration headlines, since that's what they have to run on. But if you think the Federal government should take a back seat to individual states when it comes to our national borders then you're confused about how this whole thing works.
Oldsouljer
Wufskins said:

That's assuming the voters actually decided the election. Which is questionable.
caryking
BP Cox said:

SmaptyWolf said:

BP Cox said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

Excellent post on this issue!

Joe Biden
barelypure
SmaptyWolf said:

BP Cox said:

SmaptyWolf said:

BP Cox said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

The Republican senators involved in crafting that bill seemed to think that it would in fact reduced wait times from years to weeks, and actually mandated monitoring of each entrant, unlike currently where in practice it's rarely done. Which makes pretty much everything you're saying a non-issue. I suspect they have a stronger grasp of this problem than you do.

But as Trump and House Republicans made clear (at various point saying it literally), giving Biden a "win" on this would be electoral suicide for Republicans. That's all there is to it, and pretending otherwise and insisting a bill crafted by the few sane Republicans left was total crap just makes you sound like a shill.

P.S. The Texas governor knows it's an election year, and has been doing his best to gin up immigration headlines, since that's what they have to run on. But if you think the Federal government should take a back seat to individual states when it comes to our national borders then you're confused about how this whole thing works.
It was A Republican senator, singular. It didn't explain exactly how the millions of illegals were to be monitored. How much manpower and money would that take? Again that wasn't part of the equation.

It didn't explain how the President could cut off immigration at 5000 average over a 7 day period but lacked the power to cut it off at 1000, or 100 or even 1.

Besides there's already an immigration bill, HR2, languishing in the Senate that was passed by the House last May. It comes a lot closer to securing the border but the Democrats can't bring it up for a vote as it would give the Republicans a "win".

Also the point is the whole thing isn't working. Mayorkas gave a list of all the things Biden did to change Trump's policies which is what got us where we are. For 3 years he, Biden and all the talking heads assured us that the border was secure. It was only after Abbott and DeSantis started sending illegals to blue states and those Dem mayors started complaining that now the border isn't secure and it's all Trump's fault. And even with the numbers they sent that still pales to the numbers sent by Biden.

Other countries seem to handle illegal immigration a lot better. Even Mexico and Canada have better policies so it can be done. The Democrats just lack the will and there's a reason why.
Wufskins
barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

BP Cox said:

SmaptyWolf said:

BP Cox said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

It was A Republican senator, singular. It didn't explain exactly how the millions of illegals were to be monitored. How much manpower and money would that take? Again that wasn't part of the equation.

It didn't explain how the President could cut off immigration at 5000 average over a 7 day period but lacked the power to cut it off at 1000, or 100 or even 1.

Besides there's already an immigration bill, HR2, languishing in the Senate that was passed by the House last May. It comes a lot closer to securing the border but the Democrats can't bring it up for a vote as it would give the Republicans a "win".

Also the point is the whole thing isn't working. Mayorkas gave a list of all the things Biden did to change Trump's policies which is what got us where we are. For 3 years he, Biden and all the talking heads assured us that the border was secure. It was only after Abbott and DeSantis started sending illegals to blue states and those Dem mayors started complaining that now the border isn't secure and it's all Trump's fault. And even with the numbers they sent that still pales to the numbers sent by Biden.

Other countries seem to handle illegal immigration a lot better. Even Mexico and Canada have better policies so it can be done. The Democrats just lack the will and there's a reason why.

It isn't coming up for a vote because it won't get 60 yes votes. Much like why Mitch wouldn't put up Obama's nomination of Garland to a vote because it wasn't getting 60 votes. Pretty sure that's what you always claimed was the reason.
barelypure
A federal judge on April 5 told U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) attorneys that the defiance of congressional subpoenas was hypocritical.

"There's a person in jail right now because you all brought a criminal lawsuit against him because he did not appear for a House subpoena," U.S. District Judge Ana Reyes said, Politico reported. "And now you guys are flouting those subpoenas."

She added: I think it's quite rich you guys pursue criminal investigations and put people in jail for not showing up. ... You all are making a bunch of arguments that you would never accept from any other litigant."

The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee requested DOJ tax attorneys Mark Daly and Jack Morgan answer questions about the handling of the investigation into President Joe Biden's son Hunter Biden. The DOJ declined the request, prompting subpoenas in 2023 and 2024.

The DOJ then directed the attorneys not to comply with the subpoenas, citing how the committee would not allow government lawyers to attend depositions. Officials cited one source, a 2019 opinion from the DOJ's Office of Legal Counsel that said "congressional subpoenas that purport to require agency employees to appear without agency counsel are legally invalid and are not subject to civil or criminal enforcement."

She ordered lawyers for the parties to meet next week and try to hammer out a compromise. If the parties do not reach a compromise, Mr. Daly and Mr. Morgan may be placed under oath to answer questions about the negotiations between the parties, the judge said.
Wufskins
I didn't think Jim Jordan was in jail.
Werewolf
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Werewolf
illegals being flown into the interior of our country
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRTbEkjY/
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Oldsouljer
Werewolf said:

"It won't fix your gas prices"

TheStorm
Werewolf said:

I have to admit... that was funny as hell!
jkpackfan
Even Axelrod isn't buying it.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/david-axelrod-blasts-biden-attempts-tout-strong-us-economy-drives-me-crazy
barelypure
Question: Will Biden be on the Ohio ballot for the general election?

Ohio state rules indicate that officials of a political party must certify the name of their chosen presidential candidate "on or before the ninetieth day before the day of the general election," which in the 2024 election cycle falls on Nov. 5, meaning the certification deadline falls on Aug. 7.

But the Democratic National Convention is scheduled for Aug. 19, 2024, so about a week too late for President Biden to appear on Ohio's general election ballot.

This could mean either the Democratic National Committee must move up its nominating convention or the Ohio General Assembly must act by May 9, 2024 (90 days prior to a new law's effective date) to create an exception to this statutory requirement.

How sweet would it be after the Democrats who sought to keep Trump off various ballots if they are hoisted on their own petard?
First Page Last Page
Page 221 of 307

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.