Should republicans move on from Trump?

27,221 Views | 284 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BBW12OG
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes.... kinda like the lefties here.

"We want you to have the ability to speak your mind... as long as your mind speaks our thoughts and only our thoughts..."

If the left didn't have hypocrisy what would they have?

Please lefties answer that question.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
packgrad
octdregs
All that is needed to know about Twitter is that "Hitler was right..." was allowed to be trending, as well as multiple lawsuits against Twitter for allowing pedophilia to occur (to which Twitter has said they aren't responsible for content on their platform).

However, people questioning the origins of the COVID virus, and (correctly) stating that hydroxychloroquine / ivermectin could be helpful, have been banned (this includes Facebook, as well). I don't care about political affiliations, but to not acknowledge that this trajectory leads to a very dark territory, is how really bad s**t happens.

An important rule of "following the science" is to question everything. Inversely, it seems that the most important rule of the social media overlords and the MSM, is to silence anyone who questions the narrative. Why? I think we all know the answer, and it ends with a sinister game of "Incompetent Or Liar".

TheStorm
packgrad said:

Have you noticed every single time that Fox runs an article that calls into question a Democratic party action of some type or another, that the article always ends with...

"A spokesman for Fauci and The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), where Fauci serves as director, did not respond to Fox News' request for comment."

They only talk about what they want to talk about... that's why they don't like Biden answering unscripted questions (even from friendly reporters )... kind of like asking some people questions on here sometimes.
TheStorm
octdregs said:

All that is needed to know about Twitter is that "Hitler was right..." was allowed to be trending, as well as multiple lawsuits against Twitter for allowing pedophilia to occur (to which Twitter has said they aren't responsible for content on their platform).

However, people questioning the origins of the COVID virus, and (correctly) stating that hydroxychloroquine / ivermectin could be helpful, have been banned (this includes Facebook, as well). I don't care about political affiliations, but to not acknowledge that this trajectory leads to a very dark territory, is how really bad s**t happens.

An important rule of "following the science" is to question everything. Inversely, it seems that the most important rule of the social media overlords and the MSM, is to silence anyone who questions the narrative. Why? I think we all know the answer, and it ends with a sinister game of "Incompetent Or Liar".

The answer is "Liar"...
cowboypack02
Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

Ok, let's take Trump out of it and I'll give you another example. Bret Weinstein on his podcast started a grass roots political campaign to provide a 3rd party alternative candidate because like me, he was un happy with the two mainstream party candidates. Twitter suspended their account for bogus reasons.

https://articlesofunity.org/2020/09/press-release-for-our-twitter-ban/

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/516088-grassroots-activist-describes-frustration-with-twitter-over-account-suspension

It is still suspended today and you cannot share any links to Articles of unity on Twitter.

Are you still ok with the seemingly arbitrary suspension of an account created by a grass roots movement to create a third party by a tech platform thereby hobbling their efforts to present an alternative candidate that potentially would have siphoned voters from Joe Biden?

No I'm not OK with it.

To be clear I'm not OK with Trump's social media ban.

I'm also not OK with his incredibly dangerous stolen election lie or more generally his historical propensity for making **** up because reality doesn't suit him.

I don't have the answer to reconcile those two conflicting realities.
Democrats did this for 4 years with no bans or issues. there was even a trending hashtag for the longest time #notmypresident

Nancy Pelosi said the election was fraudulent in 2016...she never got banned
Chuck Schumer said that the election was fraudulent in 2016....he never got banned.

Isn't that incredibly dangerous as well that two of the highest ranking democrats have said for years that the 2016 election was stolen? Why do they still get to have social media accounts? You can't say its because of what happened on 1-6-2021.....the democrats damn near burned down DC on 1-20-2017 while protesting Trump being inaugurated. Shouldn't that be considered a threat to democracy as well?

Are you not ok with those two yelling that an election was stolen....i'm just curious because you've never mentioned it before. Social media is obviously ok with one but not the other......
tuffy1006
I'm completely okay with Trumps ban. I mean its freaking twitter and facebook for Christ's sake. For one those are owned by people, you can't just go on someone's website and say whatever the f you want especially when politically/ethically they dont agree with you. Hell I get temporarily banned on there sometimes for talking sports junk. It's not hard to get banned on there, especially if one instigates a siege on the capital lol

Start your own brand of social media and stop counting on the very liberals you dont like to provide you a social media platform. Makes no damn sense for anyone to be complaining about this. Most these social media websites were created by left leaning/progressive people....so why is it a surprise to anyone this is happening??
cowboypack02
tuffy1006 said:

I'm completely okay with Trumps ban. I mean its freaking twitter and facebook for Christ's sake. For one those are owned by people, you can't just go on someone's website and say whatever the f you want especially when politically/ethically they dont agree with you. Hell I get temporarily banned on there sometimes for talking sports junk. It's not hard to get banned on there, especially if one instigates a siege on the capital lol

Start your own brand of social media and stop counting on the very liberals you dont like to provide you a social media platform. Makes no damn sense for anyone to be complaining about this. Most these social media websites were created by left leaning/progressive people....so why is it a surprise to anyone this is happening??
There are a couple of things that I want to point out for everyone to ponder

• A few years ago a reporter sued Trump for blocking them and a judge said that Trump couldn't do that because it was a public domain. It seems to me that if Trump can't block anyone because its a public domain then Twitter shouldn't be able to remove a sitting or retired president for the same reasons
  • The social media sites are provided protection by the government for getting sued because they not providing editorial guidance and people can post what they want. Facebook and Twitter obviously will allow people to post about an election being fraudulent because democrats were allowed to post that the 2016 election was fraudulent and that there was cheating going on with no consequences. This issue wasn't the content, it was who was posting it. If a site is not enforcing their rules equally then they are editing what is being said and should lose their protections
  • There is no "start your own brand of social media" anymore. Someone went out and did it....and then it was promptly deplatformed by Apple, Android, and AWS for no reason. That ain't right...

tuffy1006
cowboypack02 said:

tuffy1006 said:

• A few years ago a reporter sued Trump for blocking them and a judge said that Trump couldn't do that because it was a public domain. It seems to me that if Trump can't block anyone because its a public domain then Twitter shouldn't be able to remove a sitting or retired president for the same reasons
  • The social media sites are provided protection by the government for getting sued because they not providing editorial guidance and people can post what they want. Facebook and Twitter obviously will allow people to post about an election being fraudulent because democrats were allowed to post that the 2016 election was fraudulent and that there was cheating going on with no consequences. This issue wasn't the content, it was who was posting it. If a site is not enforcing their rules equally then they are editing what is being said and should lose their protections
  • There is no "start your own brand of social media" anymore. Someone went out and did it....and then it was promptly deplatformed by Apple, Android, and AWS for no reason. That ain't right...

well when u think about it, the internet is a progressive platform in of itself. Created by progressives for progressives. A true conservative would stick to the newspapers
cowboypack02
tuffy1006 said:

cowboypack02 said:

tuffy1006 said:

well when u think about it, the internet is a progressive platform in of itself. Created by progressives for progressives. A true conservative would stick to the newspapers
Actually...the military originally came up with the precursor the internet and the initial improvements to turn in into what we are looking at today. I would argue that since conservatives are much more for military funding then the internet would be more of a conservative platform...

Either way newspapers are dying so everyone is gonna be on the internet....I still like to read them, but I also prefer books as opposed reading from a screen as well

https://www.zmescience.com/science/who-invented-the-internet-05264/
bigeric
" ... Actually...the military originally came up with the precursor the internet and the initial improvements to turn in into what we are looking at today. ..."

Until the good ole USA ceded control over the internet to an international consortium.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
Civilized
cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

Ok, let's take Trump out of it and I'll give you another example. Bret Weinstein on his podcast started a grass roots political campaign to provide a 3rd party alternative candidate because like me, he was un happy with the two mainstream party candidates. Twitter suspended their account for bogus reasons.

https://articlesofunity.org/2020/09/press-release-for-our-twitter-ban/

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/516088-grassroots-activist-describes-frustration-with-twitter-over-account-suspension

It is still suspended today and you cannot share any links to Articles of unity on Twitter.

Are you still ok with the seemingly arbitrary suspension of an account created by a grass roots movement to create a third party by a tech platform thereby hobbling their efforts to present an alternative candidate that potentially would have siphoned voters from Joe Biden?

No I'm not OK with it.

To be clear I'm not OK with Trump's social media ban.

I'm also not OK with his incredibly dangerous stolen election lie or more generally his historical propensity for making **** up because reality doesn't suit him.

I don't have the answer to reconcile those two conflicting realities.
Democrats did this for 4 years with no bans or issues. there was even a trending hashtag for the longest time #notmypresident

Nancy Pelosi said the election was fraudulent in 2016...she never got banned
Chuck Schumer said that the election was fraudulent in 2016....he never got banned.

Isn't that incredibly dangerous as well that two of the highest ranking democrats have said for years that the 2016 election was stolen? Why do they still get to have social media accounts? You can't say its because of what happened on 1-6-2021.....the democrats damn near burned down DC on 1-20-2017 while protesting Trump being inaugurated. Shouldn't that be considered a threat to democracy as well?

Are you not ok with those two yelling that an election was stolen....i'm just curious because you've never mentioned it before. Social media is obviously ok with one but not the other......

This 'Democrats did this too' analysis fails any reasonable test of intellectual honesty.

The saying 'the dose makes the poison' definitely applies here.

Rough numbers, if I'm in a leadership position of extreme visibility and influence and say something false and potentially dangerous 200 times, and someone else says the same thing once or twice, from a much smaller podium and with significantly less influence, is it accurate to say we "did the same thing"?

How does it impact that analysis if the person saying something 200 times is doing so without any consequential evidence; began saying this thing months before the event in question even took place; and has had 60+ court rulings against the substance of their claim, while investigations into the matter spoken about twice times resulted in prison sentences for lying to investigators; clear bipartisan Congressional committee findings of a directly related, but lesser charge (meddling); there existing clear evidence that such meddling impacted the election; and the lead independent investigator looking into the claims of collusion clearly saying that his investigation did not exonerate the accused?

And that doesn't even address Pelosi and Schumer's lack of standing/influence relative to a normal sitting President (very, very few protestors in DC on Trump's election day could pick them out of a lineup or would even have known what they said); Pelosi's tweet occurring 5 months after the DC inauguration protests; Trump's excessive influence relative even to a normal President (his cult-like influence over some of his followers/worshipers); or Trump's months-long denials even of any Russia meddling or influence on the election (clearly proven false).

So no, Pelosi and Schumer did not 'do this' if by 'this' you mean "saying something false and without evidence hundreds of times over 18 months, with 60+ court rulings that directly contradict their statements; and that resulted in an armed whatever-you-want-to-call-it in the nation's Capitol building, whose perpetrators have since repeatedly invoked their names as inciting them to be there."
packgrad
Pelosi and Schumer have lack of standing. Lololol. Godalmighty. Dude is off the ledge with TDS.
Civilized
packgrad said:

Pelosi and Schumer have lack of standing. Lololol. Godalmighty. Dude is off the ledge with TDS.

Obviously they do, relative to Trump.

You really think they're just as recognizable, visible, and influential as Trump?

And that doesn't address the fact they said something once or twice and Trump has said it literally hundreds of times.

Trump's much more visible and influential and said something dangerous 200x more frequently than they did.

True story, or TDS?

packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

You really think they're just as recognizable, visible, and influential as Trump?

And that doesn't address the fact they said something once or twice and Trump has said it literally hundreds of times.

Trump's much more visible and influential and said something dangerous 200x more frequently than they did.

True story, or TDS?

Not true at all. They said it once or twice? That's just a boldfaced lie. Lol.
bigeric
Why limit the discussion to Pelosi/Schumer? Where was Hillary during all this time?
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
griff17matt
bigeric said:

Why limit the discussion to Pelosi/Schumer? Where was Hillary during all this time?
Still maintaining election lies in 2020
cowboypack02
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

True story, or TDS?

4 years....democrat politicians said for 4 years that Trump cheated and that the 2016 election was fraudulent, 4 years...not one or two statements in jest....4 years. Clinton still says that the election was a fraud...hundreds of times over 4 years. Democrat politicians started the day after Trump was named president elect. The second democrats took over the house in 2018 we got into investigations on everything that the democrats could investigate about Trump. Democrats held close door meetings where you has Eric Swalwell, who by the way was hooking up with a chinese spy, leaking things during the meeting to make Trump look bad. We got Adam Schiff doing the exact same thing...only to find out months and months later that he was lying and that there was nothing of note going on. Same with all of the TV personalities. You say that they aren't visual....come on man. CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and even some reporters on FOX aren't visible or influential?

You want to say that Trump was wrong for saying what he was saying....I'll play ball with that, but to say in the same breath that the democrats didn't do the same thing is wrong. Can't have it both ways.

Want to see some videos of what the democrats were doing on 1/20/2017 when Trump was being sworn in? Here is your TDS.....

Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

True story, or TDS?

LOL is right. Google "Pelosi tweets election fraud" and signs seem to point to one single tweet from May of 2017.

Google "Trump tweets election fraud" or "Trump tweets stolen election" and there are many hundreds of examples of his tweets and quotes claiming the election was fraudulent or stolen. As of last November I remember reading at that time there were over three hundred such tweets already, and many more between November and January. Hilarious!

TheStorm
packgrad said:

He can't help himself.
Civilized
More of your ad hominem BS.

Respond to the substance of my post or don't respond at all.
TheStorm
I try not to respond to you and in this case I was responding to packgrad... I hope you're not going to try to start your normal schtick up here again because we can all see straight through every post you make.

And why are you constantly focused on someone that isn't even in office anymore? Shouldn't you be commenting on the current regime that you voted for?
griff17matt
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

True story, or TDS?

LOL is right. Google "Pelosi tweets election fraud" and signs seem to point to one single tweet from May of 2017.

Google "Trump tweets election fraud" or "Trump tweets stolen election" and there are many hundreds of examples of his tweets and quotes claiming the election was fraudulent or stolen. As of last November I remember reading at that time there were over three hundred such tweets already, and many more between November and January. Hilarious!

I think you're tilting at windmills here. I don't believe anyone is saying Trump didn't say those things. They are saying the Democrat party, as a whole, spent the past 4 years collectively and individually doing the EXACT SAME THING while not having the same punishments or accusations leveled at them. Now, you can quibble about the perceived reach of Trump/Republicans vs the entirety of the Democrat party plus the vast number of traditional and social media avenues, but then your just trying to split hairs to excuse the side you agree with politically.

If you want to have an intellectually honest conversation, you can't start from a place of dishonesty with yourself as to how your "group" played a role in how we got to this point.

I think Trump is just as stupid as Hillary Clinton and Stacey Abrams for trying to claim election fraud. But to try to paint Trump's stupidity as somehow worse is about as close to ignorant as you can possibly get.
Civilized
griff17matt said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

True story, or TDS?

I think you're tilting at windmills here. I don't believe anyone is saying Trump didn't say those things. They are saying the Democrat party, as a whole, spent the past 4 years collectively and individually doing the EXACT SAME THING while not having the same punishments or accusations leveled at them. Now, you can quibble about the perceived reach of Trump/Republicans vs the entirety of the Democrat party plus the vast number of traditional and social media avenues, but then your just trying to split hairs to excuse the side you agree with politically.

If you want to have an intellectually honest conversation, you can't start from a place of dishonesty with yourself as to how your "group" played a role in how we got to this point.

I think Trump is just as stupid as Hillary Clinton and Stacey Abrams for trying to claim election fraud. But to try to paint Trump's stupidity as somehow worse is about as close to ignorant as you can possibly get.

When you say Dems did the exact same thing, can you be specific?

Are you talking about completely fabricated claims of election fraud?
griff17matt
Civilized said:

griff17matt said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

True story, or TDS?

When you say Dems did the exact same thing, can you be specific?

Are you talking about completely fabricated claims of election fraud?
I'm assuming you didn't bother to read the link I posted above wherein Hillary continues her fantasy that Russia caused her to lose instead of the Electoral College, so I'll post a quote from her here..

"There's just a lot that I think will be revealed. History will discover," the Democratic Party's 2016 presidential nominee continued. "But you don't win by 3 million votes and have all this other shenanigans and stuff going on and not come away with an idea like, 'Whoa, something's not right here.' That was a deep sense of unease."

Also...

"I really did feel sometimes like the tree falling in the forest. I believed he was a puppet of Putin."

Would you like me to dig up stupid **** Stacey Abrams said too? Not that you would give one ideological inch, regardless of what is posted. To say Democrats are clean of this is beyond absurd and it makes it difficult for me to take your other stances as coming from a place of good faith. Again, Trump is an idiot. But to take the position that his election fraud sins are worse than Dems election fraud sins is an absolute non-starter for a productive discussion. Just because you want to have your head in the sand when Dems do bad things doesn't mean they don't do bad things.
packgrad
griff17matt said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

True story, or TDS?

Spot on.
cowboypack02
This is the problem with media in general. This is the headline and article that was run today:

"Not about him - Biden's name won't appear on stimulus checks in shift from Donald Trump
https://www.yahoo.com/news/not-him-bidens-name-wont-204637848.html

This is only a half truth and the point of it is to make the last president look bad. While Biden's name may not appear on the check itself, My wife certainly got a letter with Biden's signature on it explaining why Biden gave everyone money.

In the same breathe the media will complain that they have been vilified and that Trump and republicans are using them at the bad guy in the story. The truth is that things like this where the media attempts to skew their reporting one way is why most republicans don't trust them at all. There was no need for this article at all because in truth both presidents did the same thing, just in different ways. Why write the le at all and be dishonest unless its for a particular reason?
jkpackfan
I gladly voted for Trump both times but think we need a new voice going forward. I don't agree with moving on from his ideas/policies but just think we have a better shot with a new voice such as maybe Desantis.
TheStorm
Someone just had their proverbial ass handed to them... again.

I get tired of reading that f'n nonsense here. Especially when it's nothing but pure and utter Bull **** .
BBW12OG
TheStorm said:

Someone just had their proverbial ass handed to them... again.

I get tired of reading that f'n nonsense here. Especially when it's nothing but pure and utter Bull **** .
I'm guessing you are referring to Civ.

Hey Civ... here's a direct response to you.

Seek help. You are obsessed and NEVER bring anything to the table other than crying and whining like a little....err..... baby.

Your act is sad and pathetic. You get curb stomped and disappear on a regular basis.

Glad it happened again today and I was traveling. Looks like you will be licking your wounds for the next few days and trying to find something else to piss and moan about.

Oh... and if you really were as smart as you think you are you wouldn't say some of the dumbest **** I have ever read on any message board. Hilliary and Abrams are still saying they won and were cheated. Fact.

Now run along and get your diaper changed.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
I think the last two posts, both of you can be better than spiking the football and being juvenile towards another poster you disagree with. Both of you always dwell on facts, what's wrong with just restating your opinion and providing facts in lieu of this?
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

I think the last two posts, both of you can be better than spiking the football and being juvenile towards another poster you disagree with. Both of you always dwell on facts, what's wrong with just restating your opinion and providing facts in lieu of this?
Facts are great. It's a message board. Somebody call the whaaaaaambulance.......
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

Facts are great. It's a message board. Somebody call the whaaaaaambulance.......
that's funny considering when someone does the same thing to you it's a different story. All I'm saying is you can win an argument without being a jerk about it.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
griff17matt
Civ, I have no ill-will towards you or your views. I just think you're wrong here and I didn't think it should slide. It wasn't meant as a dunk on you. I did mean to confront your blind spots though. I hope you can see my intent and not what others want to make it out to be.

The only way forward is being able to have good faith arguments with views we don't agree with, not the people that hold them. I would hope you would take me to task if you felt I was seriously off the mark.
Oldsouljer
griff17matt said:

Civ, I have no ill-will towards you or your views. I just think you're wrong here and I didn't think it should slide. It wasn't meant as a dunk on you. I did mean to confront your blind spots though. I hope you can see my intent and not what others want to make it out to be.

The only way forward is being able to have good faith arguments with views we don't agree with, not the people that hold them. I would hope you would take me to task if you felt I was seriously off the mark.
I second this. Also want to point out that are some great places where you might feel more at home. Inside Carolina for example.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.