The Biden Administration

450,582 Views | 5465 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by James Henderson
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

packofwolves said:

PackFansXL said:

Biden is apparently going to extend the student loan repayment moratorium for the fourth time in his tenure. The latest extension will be through August 2022. These poor kids may never learn responsibility. Biden is the only POTUS in history to rescind student loan payments for the entirety of his Presidency. He is not done yet. Perhaps he will remove the moratorium just prior to the end of his term so he can avoid the full term legacy.

Ridiculous. There is no reason why these loan payments cannot resume at this point.
That is because you are looking at it from the "common sense" standpoint... to further that point, I just heard on Spectrum News 1 (I turn it on for the weather on the 1's, then I have to turn it back off due to everything else) that Bank of America in Charlotte has just now announced that they want employees to come back into the office to work starting in June.

Just now announcing it. Starting in June.

That is just totally crazy to me that this stuff is still going on somehow... but maybe that's just me!

*I finished paying off my daughter's college loan during the middle of the pandemic when no interest was being charged.

Well BofA had already demanded people come back in....and had a revolt. So they backed down.

Wells has done the same, and thousands of employees are just not going into the office. I doubt this lack of compliance is covid-related....I'd assume it signifies an evolution of culture --- people realized just how good it is to work remotely, and how they can get more done and not have to pay for parking, driving, etc and are going to try to force company behavioral change instead of the other way around
this is also what I'm seeing as well with some of my clients. At this point it's figuring out what works best for the company and it's employees. Each company seems to be approaching it differently, but a lot are going with the boil the frog approach and that just takes time. Others are reconfiguring their spaces to right size for hybrid working environments. It's really a fascinating time

About 10 years ago, Adobe built a huge corporate building, 25 minutes south of me. Right as the shut downs started happening, they were finishing a second building that would almost double the size of the campus. For almost 2 years now, it's been empty.

Lots of building and development was happening around Salt Lake. Now, almost every office building has "space available" signs posted on them. Different world now!
I think the market will self correct but it'll take time

Yep.

Everyone thought NYC high-rise market would tank after 9/11. People have short memories, and the market rebounded quickly.

Working from home is decent some of the time for some people. It's not ideal at all for client-facing businesses (attorneys, therapists, etc.) and it really puts a damper on fields that revolve around collaborative design or thinking.

It has it's place but it ain't a panacea, that's for sure.
I've been looking at condos in NYC (Upper East Side) to buy. My daughter lives in Lennox Hill neighborhood and I thought.. Why don't I just buy (Studio for roughly 500K) and have her pay the enormous HOW dues per month. At the end of wanting/needing to live in the condo, I could sell it and hopefully get a reasonable return.

Looking at the data doesn't give me a lot of confidence that a return would be in order. Now, I don't know the commercial market; so, that may be different...
aren't people flocking out of NYC...at least people with upward mobility who can live/work somewhere differently? I thought I'd read where that was one of the aftermaths of covid. And we see the impact of that in places like CLT, where they are popping up new townhome/apartments on the light rail lines still like crazy
PackFansXL
Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

So, the only question I have is who gets the right to determine what's true and what's false? Does being a "moderator" give one that ability? Steve and James have done an admirable job, in my opinion, of letting things be for the most part in the Water Cooler.

At times things have gotten personal, which they never should. But, I've seen errors in judgement and decorum carried out by "moderators" at times as well. So, who I ask again, who had the right to determine what's true?
Haaa....the reality we see every day is that what is true aligns very closely with what you believe, or want to believe. Major news organizations have turned into "team sites" just as if they were Panthers.com or GoPack.com, and feed off of the above (And make it worse)

Not true at all! Maybe for some, maybe for the hard headed, but I don't see it that way. I have a brain and common sense. Any news I watch (which is very little), and even talk that I listen to, I don't always agree with. I'm able to weed through the BS and make my own decision.

I don't 100% agree with people I tend to align with on this board. But, just because someone disagrees with information on here, doesn't mean it's wrong. Look at all the things that were censored in recent years as false information, but has now come a full 180.

The boy who cried wolf was even right one time, but it was too late when people should've listened.
Its very true that news services are doing this. It is also true that we see news thru a filtered lens. It is also true that some people can rise above this and consider multiple sources.

People who dislike all forms of immigration, see a CNN article about it, and flip out...so they go find a news source that shows a drunk Mexican immigrant who plowed into a teenager and say, "see, we shouldn't allow immigration".

And of course this goes both ways.....

It's also true that some people see someone post something against immigration and jump to conclusions that that person is xenophobic and racist. I think we all need to do a better job of expressing our opinions as well as understanding where we're coming from. Myself included!
Yes, and some people who posts those opinions about immigration ARE xenophobic and racist. I'm not speaking about anyone here...but come on, we know this is true, in general.
And yes, I know you disagree, but i believe this is the exact sentiment of the America First agenda that folks like Trump capitalize on...

Wow...here we are having a discussion about our message board, how we can get along better, and better understand each other. And you can't help yourself but make a political statement in the middle of it.
Oh please...you made a specific statement and I responded. If you want people to communicate well here, lead by example. Quit getting upset with posters who disagree with you and putting words in their mouth. Thats easy to control.

Where did I disagree with you? Didn't I respond to a statement you made regarding opinions of others regarding the topic of immigration? Where did I say that there aren't racist and xenophobic people?

So playing the victim all the time. I made no inferences about you. You made one about me assuming I don't think there are xenophobic and racists people. Don't put words in my mouth... sound familiar!?!

Thanks for making my point... chill dude!
With all due respect, I perceive some folks are more affected by hard left entertainment news than they realize. There seems to be a shift towards the biases of the left and an acceptance of interpretations of events as Media Progressives see things. For instance, this notion that the extreme Right where racist and xenophobic folks exist is a large percentage of the Right or has any political pull appears to be a fabrication of those on the extreme Right and all of the Left including the media. I believe the "mainstream" Right ignores those loons. This is not the case with the Progressives however. The Left have shifted significantly off their "mainstream" base and have allowed the extremists to have far too much power. Media seems to be dominated by Left extremism and the present leadership of the Democratic party has ceded too much control to the extreme left.

CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, etc. all PUSH an extreme Progressive narrative including intentionally misleading their viewers on actual events. FOX generally does the same PUSH to the right. This is the reason I quit watching any of the above during the 2nd term of Obama. I am much happier for doing so. I get my news from National Review as I am sure many have gathered. They are definitely not Trump fans but they write articles from the perspective of a Conservative. There are some written Progressive news sites out there that aren't blatantly pushing a narrative, but I don't know who they are. I just know the TV folks are lying most of the time and I don't see any point in watching.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

packofwolves said:

PackFansXL said:

Biden is apparently going to extend the student loan repayment moratorium for the fourth time in his tenure. The latest extension will be through August 2022. These poor kids may never learn responsibility. Biden is the only POTUS in history to rescind student loan payments for the entirety of his Presidency. He is not done yet. Perhaps he will remove the moratorium just prior to the end of his term so he can avoid the full term legacy.

Ridiculous. There is no reason why these loan payments cannot resume at this point.
That is because you are looking at it from the "common sense" standpoint... to further that point, I just heard on Spectrum News 1 (I turn it on for the weather on the 1's, then I have to turn it back off due to everything else) that Bank of America in Charlotte has just now announced that they want employees to come back into the office to work starting in June.

That is just totally crazy to me that this stuff is still going on somehow... but maybe that's just me!

*I finished paying off my daughter's college loan during the middle of the pandemic when no interest was being charged.

Well BofA had already demanded people come back in....and had a revolt. So they backed down.

Wells has done the same, and thousands of employees are just not going into the office. I doubt this lack of compliance is covid-related....I'd assume it signifies an evolution of culture --- people realized just how good it is to work remotely, and how they can get more done and not have to pay for parking, driving, etc and are going to try to force company behavioral change instead of the other way around
this is also what I'm seeing as well with some of my clients. At this point it's figuring out what works best for the company and it's employees. Each company seems to be approaching it differently, but a lot are going with the boil the frog approach and that just takes time. Others are reconfiguring their spaces to right size for hybrid working environments. It's really a fascinating time

About 10 years ago, Adobe built a huge corporate building, 25 minutes south of me. Right as the shut downs started happening, they were finishing a second building that would almost double the size of the campus. For almost 2 years now, it's been empty.

Lots of building and development was happening around Salt Lake. Now, almost every office building has "space available" signs posted on them. Different world now!

Yep.

Everyone thought NYC high-rise market would tank after 9/11. People have short memories, and the market rebounded quickly.

Working from home is decent some of the time for some people. It's not ideal at all for client-facing businesses (attorneys, therapists, etc.) and it really puts a damper on fields that revolve around collaborative design or thinking.

I've been looking at condos in NYC (Upper East Side) to buy. My daughter lives in Lennox Hill neighborhood and I thought.. Why don't I just buy (Studio for roughly 500K) and have her pay the enormous HOW dues per month. At the end of wanting/needing to live in the condo, I could sell it and hopefully get a reasonable return.

Looking at the data doesn't give me a lot of confidence that a return would be in order. Now, I don't know the commercial market; so, that may be different...
aren't people flocking out of NYC...at least people with upward mobility who can live/work somewhere differently? I thought I'd read where that was one of the aftermaths of covid. And we see the impact of that in places like CLT, where they are popping up new townhome/apartments on the light rail lines still like crazy
Yea, that's probably why I'm not seeing a good investment up there. All I'm trying to do is find as nice of a place that my daughter can afford while making at least what I can get from a bank cd. I'm not sure I can…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

packofwolves said:

PackFansXL said:

Yep.

Yea, that's probably why I'm not seeing a good investment up there. All I'm trying to do is find as nice of a place that my daughter can afford while making at least what I can get from a bank cd. I'm not sure I can…
Yeah, get her to move to SouthEnd in CLT then do the same! Or moreso, LoSo, which is the newest area that that is starting to go thru a huge transit-driven $$ grab.

I'd think Covid has probably at least near short-term significantly impacted all the big old cities in the country, in favor of the new hip cities across the south.
Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

So, the only question I have is who gets the right to determine what's true and what's false? Does being a "moderator" give one that ability? Steve and James have done an admirable job, in my opinion, of letting things be for the most part in the Water Cooler.

At times things have gotten personal, which they never should. But, I've seen errors in judgement and decorum carried out by "moderators" at times as well. So, who I ask again, who had the right to determine what's true?
Haaa....the reality we see every day is that what is true aligns very closely with what you believe, or want to believe. Major news organizations have turned into "team sites" just as if they were Panthers.com or GoPack.com, and feed off of the above (And make it worse)

Not true at all! Maybe for some, maybe for the hard headed, but I don't see it that way. I have a brain and common sense. Any news I watch (which is very little), and even talk that I listen to, I don't always agree with. I'm able to weed through the BS and make my own decision.

I don't 100% agree with people I tend to align with on this board. But, just because someone disagrees with information on here, doesn't mean it's wrong. Look at all the things that were censored in recent years as false information, but has now come a full 180.

The boy who cried wolf was even right one time, but it was too late when people should've listened.
Its very true that news services are doing this. It is also true that we see news thru a filtered lens. It is also true that some people can rise above this and consider multiple sources.

People who dislike all forms of immigration, see a CNN article about it, and flip out...so they go find a news source that shows a drunk Mexican immigrant who plowed into a teenager and say, "see, we shouldn't allow immigration".

It's also true that some people see someone post something against immigration and jump to conclusions that that person is xenophobic and racist. I think we all need to do a better job of expressing our opinions as well as understanding where we're coming from. Myself included!
Yes, and some people who posts those opinions about immigration ARE xenophobic and racist. I'm not speaking about anyone here...but come on, we know this is true, in general.
And yes, I know you disagree, but i believe this is the exact sentiment of the America First agenda that folks like Trump capitalize on...

Wow...here we are having a discussion about our message board, how we can get along better, and better understand each other. And you can't help yourself but make a political statement in the middle of it.
Oh please...you made a specific statement and I responded. If you want people to communicate well here, lead by example. Quit getting upset with posters who disagree with you and putting words in their mouth. Thats easy to control.

Where did I disagree with you? Didn't I respond to a statement you made regarding opinions of others regarding the topic of immigration? Where did I say that there aren't racist and xenophobic people?

So playing the victim all the time. I made no inferences about you. You made one about me assuming I don't think there are xenophobic and racists people. Don't put words in my mouth... sound familiar!?!

With all due respect, I perceive some folks are more affected by hard left entertainment news than they realize. There seems to be a shift towards the biases of the left and an acceptance of interpretations of events as Media Progressives see things. For instance, this notion that the extreme Right where racist and xenophobic folks exist is a large percentage of the Right or has any political pull appears to be a fabrication of those on the extreme Right and all of the Left including the media. I believe the "mainstream" Right ignores those loons. This is not the case with the Progressives however. The Left have shifted significantly off their "mainstream" base and have allowed the extremists to have far too much power. Media seems to be dominated by Left extremism and the present leadership of the Democratic party has ceded too much control to the extreme left.

CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, etc. all PUSH an extreme Progressive narrative including intentionally misleading their viewers on actual events. FOX generally does the same PUSH to the right. This is the reason I quit watching any of the above during the 2nd term of Obama. I am much happier for doing so. I get my news from National Review as I am sure many have gathered. They are definitely not Trump fans but they write articles from the perspective of a Conservative. There are some written Progressive news sites out there that aren't blatantly pushing a narrative, but I don't know who they are. I just know the TV folks are lying most of the time and I don't see any point in watching.
I think the mainstream media in general, finds the worst example of the margins. Trump coverage from CNN/ABC, etc...find the unshaven mouth-breating, don't tread on me face tatted angry man to interview instead of the soccer mom or the successful small-business owner.

Biden coverage from Fox, find the image of him hanging out with AOC or some supporter who is wearing antifa uniform.
But....there is indeed so much more of that in the mainstream that leans left.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

packofwolves said:

PackFansXL said:

Yep.

Yeah, get her to move to SouthEnd in CLT then do the same! Or moreso, LoSo, which is the newest area that that is starting to go thru a huge transit-driven $$ grab.

I'd think Covid has probably at least near short-term significantly impacted all the big old cities in the country, in favor of the new hip cities across the south.
The industry she works in is heavily in NYC. It is what it is…. My point is, I would spend money in NYC if I could get a good return. BTW, I probably would just give the condo to her at some point. That said, she might have to be a renter…

Joe Biden
caryking
Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

I think the mainstream media in general, finds the worst example of the margins. Trump coverage from CNN/ABC, etc...find the unshaven mouth-breating, don't tread on me face tatted angry man to interview instead of the soccer mom or the successful small-business owner.

Biden coverage from Fox, find the image of him hanging out with AOC or some supporter who is wearing antifa uniform.

Funny… your example of supporters for both candidates could actually be either's supporter..

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
A Democrat looks at what his party can't see

This is an excellent piece in this month's National Review magazine. I recommend joining the website to enable NR Plus material, but you should be able to find the print edition at newsstands for a few bucks if you don't want to join. I found the following paragraph interesting. It's just a little teaser for the whole article. Very good stuff!

Quote:

It has also left its stamp on how Democrats have handled difficult cultural issues since the election. They have fallen prey to what I have termed the "Fox News fallacy" the idea that, if Fox News and the like are criticizing the Democrats on an issue, the criticism must be unsound and the disputed policy should be defended at all costs. That reflex has not served the Democrats well as Biden's term has evolved.
ETA: The actual piece is titled Eyes Wide Shut. The link I labeled with its subtitle.
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Funny… your example of supporters for both candidates could actually be either's supporter..
Of course. Its identity politics at is worst. The Dems were great at it ("rich" people are bad, unless they live in Hollywood or NYC)....then Trump excelled at it. And worse than either, the media uses it as a tool of division, every day. Every...single...day. With imagery. Which is lasting.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Of course. Its identity politics at is worst. The Dems were great at it ("rich" people are bad, unless they live in Hollywood or NYC)....then Trump excelled at it. And worse than either, the media uses it as a tool of division, every day. Every...single...day. With imagery. Which is lasting.
If Trump excelled at it, what is happening now?

Joe Biden
caryking
https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/breaking-judge-issues-first-outright-acquittal-of-j6-defendant/

Joe Biden
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Did you miss the part about Dems were great at it? I mean, I can edit it to say "were/are".
But politicians are biased....thats what they do. I don't have to like it....i think its dangerous, but its what they are.
Media doing it is so much worse.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Did you miss the part about Dems were great at it? I mean, I can edit it to say "were/are".
But politicians are biased....thats what they do. I don't have to like it....i think its dangerous, but its what they are.
I truly question your ability to put things together…

Yes, you said the Dems were great at it…. Then, you said Trump excelled at it…

My question is, if Trump excelled at it, then what is happening now?

Logical progression is Dems, Trump, and now…. Is it progressing in your eyes more than Trump?

Joe Biden
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Logical progression is Dems, Trump, and now…. Is it progressing in your eyes more than Trump?
Again, I assumed it was pretty simple, when I updated it for you to say the Dems were/are, would imply that folks like Psaki (who speaks much more than Biden) and Biden and his other voice agents, still do this.

As for progressing....that is your word, I didn't intend it to represent some sort of progression, just that it was occurring. And that it is still bad today.
I think Trump was the first GOP candidate I recall who really did this as well as the Dems.

But what was that you just talked about not taking personal shots? Just smoke, I guess.

packofwolves
Good for Abbott. He can't rely on the Biden administration to take action.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-gov-greg-abbott-migrants-capitol-dc
caryking
packofwolves said:

Abbots action to send people to DC appears more performative than anything else. So, he moves (if he actually does) the people from Texas to DC, only for them to move them where they want…

Ken Cuccinelli, former AG in Virginia, says Abbott has the constitutional authority to put the National Guard on the border to stop all entrances by illegals. They could not allow the crossing, therefore the Federal governments ineptness wouldn't have to kick in…

Joe Biden
Steve Videtich
caryking said:

packofwolves said:

Abbots action to send people to DC appears more performative than anything else. So, he moves (if he actually does) the people from Texas to DC, only for them to move them where they want…

Ken Cuccinelli, former AG in Virginia, says Abbott has the constitutional authority to put the National Guard on the border to stop all entrances by illegals. They could not allow the crossing, therefore the Federal governments ineptness wouldn't have to kick in…

Agree, think it's all PR. But would be funny as hell if he did.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Again, I assumed it was pretty simple, when I updated it for you to say the Dems were/are, would imply that folks like Psaki (who speaks much more than Biden) and Biden and his other voice agents, still do this.

As for progressing....that is your word, I didn't intend it to represent some sort of progression, just that it was occurring. And that it is still bad today.
I think Trump was the first GOP candidate I recall who really did this as well as the Dems.

But what was that you just talked about not taking personal shots? Just smoke, I guess.

Actually, to be precise, you didn't update the comment, you actually said:

I mean, I can edit it to say "were/are".

As far as progression, the use of words like, "then" infers a change or progression…

I'm not going to beat a dead horse in the ground. It is what it is… no more comments from me on this subject!

Joe Biden
caryking
Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

packofwolves said:

Well, I do agree it would be funny…

Joe Biden
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

As far as progression, the use of words like, "then" infers a change or progression…

I'm not going to beat a dead horse in the ground. It is what it is… no more comments from me on this subject!
Wow. Yeah, you are smart, and you got this dumb 'ol boy. My points were completely invalid because I didn't actually update the comment, so I give you permission to climb back up on your cross!
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Wow. Yeah, you are smart, and you got this dumb 'ol boy. My points were completely invalid because I didn't actually update the comment, so I give you permission to climb back up on your cross!
He keeps reeling me in and in and in…. Funny one aren't you…

Joe Biden
packofwolves
caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

packofwolves said:

Would be funny and might draw more media attention.

That's not all the article said. He plans on using the national guard and will be trying to shore up parts of the border to make it more secure. All while the Biden administration is hell bent on leaving the border wide open and wanting an influx of more migrants.
Civilized
Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

packofwolves said:

PackFansXL said:

Yep.

Can you see a hybrid form of some sorts evolving?

For sure.

Both "hybrid" in terms of "splitting time between home and office" and in terms of "physical workspace adaptations," i.e. commercial spaces being built with a higher proportion of small, flexible private workspaces rather than large corporate offices, and teaming spaces for collaboration and culture development.
caryking
Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

packofwolves said:

PackFansXL said:

Yep.

For sure.

Both "hybrid" in terms of "splitting time between home and office" and in terms of "physical workspace adaptations," i.e. commercial spaces being built with a higher proportion of small, flexible private workspaces rather than large corporate offices, and teaming spaces for collaboration and culture development.

The collaborative workspace has been going on for a long time. It kind of comes off the Tech space open plan seating.

I agree with the part office/home thing. That's kind of what's been going since the Covid mess.

The question for me is on commercial properties. Are they built in a manner to accommodate more business with less workers? A lot cities have minimum parking requirements and I'm not sure how that will affect things.

Joe Biden
caryking
packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

packofwolves said:

That's not all the article said. He plans on using the national guard and will be trying to shore up parts of the border to make it more secure. All while the Biden administration is hell bent on leaving the border wide open and wanting an influx of more migrants.

I didn't read the article; however, some of the news I have read is not talking about using the National Guards. If he does, that would be a good thing. Also, as I understand things, he has the constitutional power to do so.

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

packofwolves said:

I didn't read the article; however, some of the news I have read is not talking about using the National Guards. If he does, that would be a good thing. Also, as I understand things, he has the constitutional power to do so.
No. it's not a good thing. It's a very bad thing in that congress isn't doing their job and the federal government isn't either
Werewolf
https://thetruedefender.com/biden-gets-completely-ignored-while-dems-shower-love-on-former-president-obama/

I'll opine by saying a lot of possibilities that could explain this short video clip of Biden, Kamala with Obama yesterday during Obama's visit. Amusing, at a minimum.
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
caryking
Werewolf said:

https://thetruedefender.com/biden-gets-completely-ignored-while-dems-shower-love-on-former-president-obama/

I'll opine by saying a lot of possibilities that could explain this short video clip of Biden, Kamala with Obama yesterday during Obama's visit. Amusing, at a minimum.

That video is sad for our country. Don't think other countries see this and think…. What can we do? The US doesn't have a person in the White House.

Joe Biden
TheStorm
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

packofwolves said:

PackFansXL said:

Yep.

The industry she works in is heavily in NYC. It is what it is…. My point is, I would spend money in NYC if I could get a good return. BTW, I probably would just give the condo to her at some point. That said, she might have to be a renter…
If it's in a good area that isn't a candidate to become a ****hole, you will make money on it... regardless.
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

packofwolves said:

PackFansXL said:

Yep.

For sure.

The collaborative workspace has been going on for a long time. It kind of comes off the Tech space open plan seating.

I agree with the part office/home thing. That's kind of what's been going since the Covid mess.

The question for me is on commercial properties. Are they built in a manner to accommodate more business with less workers? A lot cities have minimum parking requirements and I'm not sure how that will affect things.
Yep, been around for decades.

The difference now is that you're seeing existing companies reconfigure space to accommodate flex office work and focus on meeting space and other creative spaces that help build culture.

That's the balance to be struck, to me. Doing some production work at home is one thing but it's really hard to cultivate creativity and culture when everyone is sitting in their house.
Werewolf
caryking said:

Werewolf said:

That video is sad for our country. Don't think other countries see this and think…. What can we do? The US doesn't have a person in the White House.
IMO, its intentional and for digestion by the public. Ha, I'm just asking for it. :-)
Werewolf
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2022/04/06/hunter-biden-wrote-recommendation-letter-for-chinese-business-partner-n2605558
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

packofwolves said:

PackFansXL said:

Yep.

For sure.

Yep, been around for decades.

The difference now is that you're seeing existing companies reconfigure space to accommodate flex office work and focus on meeting space and other creative spaces that help build culture.

That's the balance to be struck, to me. Doing some production work at home is one thing but it's really hard to cultivate creativity and culture when everyone is sitting in their house.
I agree with this. I also think that it's hard to get people on the same page on zoom calls. I'm dealing with this right now.

Joe Biden
Packchem91
Saw this about a question from a college journalist to Brian Stelter (CNN) during a panel in Chicago.
What a great, and accurately presented question...though of course, no way he was going to get a legit answer.

Brian Stelter flails as college freshman confronts him on CNN's 'disinformation' on Hunter Biden, Russia hoax | Fox News
caryking
Packchem91 said:

Saw this about a question from a college journalist to Brian Stelter (CNN) during a panel in Chicago.
What a great, and accurately presented question...though of course, no way he was going to get a legit answer.

Brian Stelter flails as college freshman confronts him on CNN's 'disinformation' on Hunter Biden, Russia hoax | Fox News
Chem, I thought the questions were very telling on the ideology the College Journalist has. Now, the questions were good and showed how shallow Brian Stelter may be; however, they came across (my opinion) as partisan.

As you said, great questions…

I just watched it again. Scratch my opinion. I think he did a good job.

Joe Biden
First Page Last Page
Page 151 of 157

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.