The Biden Administration

125,942 Views | 2959 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by caryking
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Anyway… moving on.

That was an overall loss for the water cooler more than anything else, and that's all I'm going to say going forward (unless further provoked) from here about that.

And yet, I'm sure that we'll continue to get treated to Civ's continual drivel on a steady ongoing basis… just great.




Mehh, I'm not sure what the value add was, and not sure what its a loss. There are plenty of posters in perfect alignment with his politics who advocate in a much less confrontational way. And its not even taht it was confrontational -- to your point, I can be that way -- but it was continual and with no effort at all to even respect what anyone else said.

I mean, as an example, I think Cary's carrying the water for the "election overturn is coming" conspiracy theory stuff is silly and at a certain level even harmful at this point....but he at least when he gets off that tangent, he offers up other viewpoints that are clearly well-thought and have value.

I will admit, after reading his stuff for a while, I was dumb enough to try to argue him, til I learned finally (probably months too late) that even when i responded in perfect agreement, he chose to ignore and maintain his previously held incorrect views At that point, I realized it was not worth the effort, nor the drag to the board in general.



Listen, we all know the election isn't getting overturned. That still doesn't mean that a lot of what Cary says about it isn't true. You'll see over time about it being a loss for the board. BBW was good for traffic on the political threads in general. It won't drop off immediately, but it's definitely going to drop back to the much lower pre-BBW levels over a period of time and I remember what that was like… no comparison to what we had recently… but it is what it is at this point.

It'll probably go back to the Coronavirus thread and then 10-15 posts on other topics like it was before.

But at least there won't be any mean tweets (posts) anymore… amiright comrades?!?
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Anyway… moving on.

That was an overall loss for the water cooler more than anything else, and that's all I'm going to say going forward (unless further provoked) from here about that.

And yet, I'm sure that we'll continue to get treated to Civ's continual drivel on a steady ongoing basis… just great.




Mehh, I'm not sure what the value add was, and not sure what its a loss. There are plenty of posters in perfect alignment with his politics who advocate in a much less confrontational way. And its not even taht it was confrontational -- to your point, I can be that way -- but it was continual and with no effort at all to even respect what anyone else said.

I mean, as an example, I think Cary's carrying the water for the "election overturn is coming" conspiracy theory stuff is silly and at a certain level even harmful at this point....but he at least when he gets off that tangent, he offers up other viewpoints that are clearly well-thought and have value.

I will admit, after reading his stuff for a while, I was dumb enough to try to argue him, til I learned finally (probably months too late) that even when i responded in perfect agreement, he chose to ignore and maintain his previously held incorrect views At that point, I realized it was not worth the effort, nor the drag to the board in general.



Listen, we all know the election isn't getting overturned. That still doesn't mean that a lot of what Cary says about it isn't true. You'll see over time about it being a loss for the board. BBW was good for traffic on the political threads in general. It won't drop off immediately, but it's definitely going to drop back to the much lower BBW levels over a period of time and I remember what that was like… no comparison to what we had recently… but it is what it is at this point.

It'll probably go back to the Coronavirus thread and then 10-15 posts on other topics like it was before.

But at least there won't be any mean tweets (posts) anymore… amiright comrades?!?


Based on the people I listen to, they have enough evidence to show the election was screwed up (see, I didn't use the word stolen). At one point, I thought we might see the election overturned; however, I'm confident it will not.

That being said, the Arizona Senate believes it was stolen. They appear to be going through the process of de-certification. That will NOT change the outcome of the Presidency; however, that is going to be a real screwed up situation for all the down ticket elections, including Kelley, their US Senate seat.

I do believe some people don't spend enough time looking at varying news services to get a different perspective. Hell, I even watch Morning Joe to see their perspective.

I've said it before and I'll fully stand by this: people's world view drives them more than they want to admit. I know I didn't vote for Trump, in the primary, because he was just an ass! Once I fully understood the impact Wall Street, The CCP, etc have had on our country, the more I became a card carrying MAGA person.

Previously, I was a full tilt libertarian; however, that view has to be moderated with America First! We are truly in a country of the haves and the have nots. This is not about people who entitled and want to live on the dole. This is about people who all want a piece of the action and they can't because the system is rigged for the elites!!!
The dissenting opinion has been unleashed!!!!!
mrcpack17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:


We are truly in a country of the haves and the have nots. This is not about people who entitled and want to live on the dole. This is about people who all want a piece of the action and they can't because the system is rigged for the elites!!!
Someone else that used to post here would probably bold the above and call you the big bad S word for having such views.

hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bgr3 said:

NCSUBill said:

What I don't understand at all is, why anyone who has already had Covid still needs a vaccine? Neither of them totally prevents another occurrence, but a prior bout of Covid generally is more effective in keeping one from dying or being admitted to hospital. The various treatments available also do a very good job of preventing death and need for being admitted.
Because if you allow people who have had COVID to not get vaccinated then you can't enforce compulsory vaccination on everyone.

It's the same reason we have mask mandates regardless of vax status. Its not feasible to differentiate between vaccinated and unvaccianted in most settings so just make it mandatory for everyone so poiliticians look like they are doing something. That also has the benefit (if you are a floundering administration) of pitting the vaccinated against the unvaccinated because they feel as though they are being unfairly punished and that the failings of the administration are the sole fault of the unvaccinated.

After all, Dem presidents cannot fail, they can only be failed by the stupid rubes.
Agree, I just think it's laziness because vaccine mandate is the easiest solution
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mrcpack17 said:

caryking said:


We are truly in a country of the haves and the have nots. This is not about people who entitled and want to live on the dole. This is about people who all want a piece of the action and they can't because the system is rigged for the elites!!!


Someone else that used to post here would probably bold the above and call you the big bad S word for having such views.




Factually UNTRUE!!!! If you think my comment is Socialist, then you truly don't understand this Country!!!

Do some research and get back to me…

I am one of the most conservative people you will ever meet! I think what is missed is: one is not a conservative if they are aligned with anything that lines their pocket at the expense of others…. Talking to you Mitch McConnell
The dissenting opinion has been unleashed!!!!!
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:


To me, you have to ask why this is, I think these are some of the reasons:

1. Loosening of Covid restrictions globally
2. OPEC nations agreeing to limit exports globally
3. The markets clearly see the Biden/Harris administration as one that will work to inhibit US Oil production (whether it actually is happening or not)
4. California has continued to choose to limit oil productions in that state, which is a cause in the higher prices of gas in the western states.
5. Refinery maintenance and change overs.

I think 1 and 2 have more impact than 3 does, but 3 has a great impact on 2.
Steve Videtich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:


To me, you have to ask why this is, I think these are some of the reasons:

1. Loosening of Covid restrictions globally
2. OPEC nations agreeing to limit exports globally
3. The markets clearly see the Biden/Harris administration as one that will work to inhibit US Oil production (whether it actually is happening or not)
4. California has continued to choose to limit oil productions in that state, which is a cause in the higher prices of gas in the western states.
5. Refinery maintenance and change overs.

I think 1 and 2 have more impact than 3 does, but 3 has a great impact on 2.


It's decisions that have been made that have far reaching implications. I was listening the other day and it was started that less than half of the oil rigs are currently pumping and producing.

Now Biden is begging OPEC to provide cheaper oil. Laughable! His decisions have made this bed and it isn't getting better anytime soon.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:


To me, you have to ask why this is, I think these are some of the reasons:

1. Loosening of Covid restrictions globally
2. OPEC nations agreeing to limit exports globally
3. The markets clearly see the Biden/Harris administration as one that will work to inhibit US Oil production (whether it actually is happening or not)
4. California has continued to choose to limit oil productions in that state, which is a cause in the higher prices of gas in the western states.
5. Refinery maintenance and change overs.

I think 1 and 2 have more impact than 3 does, but 3 has a great impact on 2.
Hokie, that's very naive... Biden's admin is causing a loss in confidence. We are seeing shortages and rising prices on everything.

Elections have consequences!! Stolen elections have catastrophic consequences!!

Go ahead, laugh at that last line... call me a conspiracy theorist... just remember, mout of the latest polling shows more that 50% of Republicans and Independents (we have a few of them here, they say) belief the elections was extremely problematic!!! So, you are in the minority!!!
The dissenting opinion has been unleashed!!!!!
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't think that's naive. I think it's a rational list of things that have caused gas prices to rise. To your point about the Biden administration creating a lack of confidence, I agree, that's part of point 3 above.

We disagree on the election, I don't believe it was "stolen", but I'm willing to change my mind when I see evidence that proves that there was an effort in several states to change the results of actual votes or to suppress votes from people who voted for Trump to be counted, or votes for Biden inflated. So far, the "proof" that I've been shown speaks to poor record keeping and poor organization in some voting districts in some states that have large populations in those districts.

I don't think you are a conspiracy theorist. You believe what you believe, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I think both of us have seen the same information presented on the election and we have different opinions of what that information shows.

Show me the proof, and I'll change my mind. You said the Arizona recount was going to be proof of widespread electioneering. It wasn't. It was proof of widespread terrible record keeping practices though.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

I don't think that's naive. I think it's a rational list of things that have caused gas prices to rise. To your point about the Biden administration creating a lack of confidence, I agree, that's part of point 3 above.

We disagree on the election, I don't believe it was "stolen", but I'm willing to change my mind when I see evidence that proves that there was an effort in several states to change the results of actual votes or to suppress votes from people who voted for Trump to be counted, or votes for Biden inflated. So far, the "proof" that I've been shown speaks to poor record keeping and poor organization in some voting districts in some states that have large populations in those districts.

I don't think you are a conspiracy theorist. You believe what you believe, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I think both of us have seen the same information presented on the election and we have different opinions of what that information shows.

Show me the proof, and I'll change my mind. You said the Arizona recount was going to be proof of widespread electioneering. It wasn't. It was proof of widespread terrible record keeping practices though.
I don't believe it was "stolen"

When I say "stolen", I am being hyperbolic... Really, I don't know whether it was stolen or not. I am more of a person that is hearing a bunch of, what I consider to be intelligent people, saying it was stolen. That being said, I have said this before: do the Audit and let the facts show what they show!

I think both of us have seen the same information presented on the election and we have different opinions of what that information shows.

The data from the audit is clearly proof to me, for Arizona. We do disagree! That being said, lets watch to see what the state of Arizona does... I certainly can't make them do anything...

Nonetheless, you and I aren't too far apart and can have a reasonable discussion.
The dissenting opinion has been unleashed!!!!!
bgr3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

bgr3 said:

NCSUBill said:

What I don't understand at all is, why anyone who has already had Covid still needs a vaccine? Neither of them totally prevents another occurrence, but a prior bout of Covid generally is more effective in keeping one from dying or being admitted to hospital. The various treatments available also do a very good job of preventing death and need for being admitted.
Because if you allow people who have had COVID to not get vaccinated then you can't enforce compulsory vaccination on everyone.

It's the same reason we have mask mandates regardless of vax status. Its not feasible to differentiate between vaccinated and unvaccianted in most settings so just make it mandatory for everyone so poiliticians look like they are doing something. That also has the benefit (if you are a floundering administration) of pitting the vaccinated against the unvaccinated because they feel as though they are being unfairly punished and that the failings of the administration are the sole fault of the unvaccinated.

After all, Dem presidents cannot fail, they can only be failed by the stupid rubes.
Agree, I just think it's laziness because vaccine mandate is the easiest solution
No, allowing individuals their god given right to determine the level of risk with which they are comfortable is the easiest (and most just) solution.

Vaccine mandates require enforcement to "work" (the way we're told they're supposed to work), which public places do you believe should be forced by law to hire vaccine checking employees? At who's expense, exactly? What accomodations should be made, if any, for immunocompomised individuals who cannot safely be vaccinated? What about children? Does vaccine verification include booster shots or just the initial shot/shots?

You may think vaccine mandates are the correct solution and that's fine, I happen to viamently disagree with you, but you cannot reasonably say they are the "easiest" solution.

hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh yeah, let me clarify. Vaccine mandates are the easy solution for a government that feels compelled to intercede. You and I agree, the easiest non-government solution would be to let everyone have their choice.
bgr3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ah, got ya, fair enough. I do think the complicating factors I mentioned have a lot to do with why they've nibbled around the edges of vaccine mandates and instead just gone back to masking. It's easier than dealing with that stuff to just cite some BS "study" without a control group to just say "everyone has to wear masks regardless of anything, see we're trying to do something about this!"

caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bgr3 said:

Ah, got ya, fair enough. I do think the complicating factors I mentioned have a lot to do with why they've nibbled around the edges of vaccine mandates and instead just gone back to masking. It's easier than dealing with that stuff to just cite some BS "study" without a control group to just say "everyone has to wear masks regardless of anything, see we're trying to do something about this!"
Control Group = a select few that make decision for the masses. Sounds like the CCP, doesn't it. And we wonder why BBW is always calling out people for Marxist/Communist/Socialist ideals...

Listen, this country was never founded on that ideology. I know, we can say that's what slavery was. I get it; however, we have moved on from slavery as we know it. The declaration stated our intention and it took years to win (Revolutionary War) it, after the stated intention. It took another war to start the process for those enslaved.

Why is the world would anybody want to go back to an enslaved people? Government is the problem! Don't let them take control of your mind. For those that are controlled, do your best to recognize it and seek freedom!!

BTW, bgr3... very good post...
The dissenting opinion has been unleashed!!!!!
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

bgr3 said:

Ah, got ya, fair enough. I do think the complicating factors I mentioned have a lot to do with why they've nibbled around the edges of vaccine mandates and instead just gone back to masking. It's easier than dealing with that stuff to just cite some BS "study" without a control group to just say "everyone has to wear masks regardless of anything, see we're trying to do something about this!"
Control Group = a select few that make decision for the masses. Sounds like the CCP, doesn't it. And we wonder why BBW is always calling out people for Marxist/Communist/Socialist ideals...

Listen, this country was never founded on that ideology. I know, we can say that's what slavery was. I get it; however, we have moved on from slavery as we know it. The declaration stated our intention and it took years to win (Revolutionary War) it, after the stated intention. It took another war to start the process for those enslaved.

Why is the world would anybody want to go back to an enslaved people? Government is the problem! Don't let them take control of your mind. For those that are controlled, do your best to recognize it and seek freedom!!

BTW, bgr3... very good post...
You do know control group is a scientific term, yes?
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

I don't think that's naive. I think it's a rational list of things that have caused gas prices to rise. To your point about the Biden administration creating a lack of confidence, I agree, that's part of point 3 above.

We disagree on the election, I don't believe it was "stolen", but I'm willing to change my mind when I see evidence that proves that there was an effort in several states to change the results of actual votes or to suppress votes from people who voted for Trump to be counted, or votes for Biden inflated. So far, the "proof" that I've been shown speaks to poor record keeping and poor organization in some voting districts in some states that have large populations in those districts.

I don't think you are a conspiracy theorist. You believe what you believe, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I think both of us have seen the same information presented on the election and we have different opinions of what that information shows.

Show me the proof, and I'll change my mind. You said the Arizona recount was going to be proof of widespread electioneering. It wasn't. It was proof of widespread terrible record keeping practices though.

I agree with your list, but play out the part about the markets seeing this administration being one that will work to inhibit US oil production down the road (obviously true, given the Keystone permit status and the federal land lease moratorium).

How specifically does that impact supply right now, and prices at the pump today?
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

I don't think that's naive. I think it's a rational list of things that have caused gas prices to rise. To your point about the Biden administration creating a lack of confidence, I agree, that's part of point 3 above.

We disagree on the election, I don't believe it was "stolen", but I'm willing to change my mind when I see evidence that proves that there was an effort in several states to change the results of actual votes or to suppress votes from people who voted for Trump to be counted, or votes for Biden inflated. So far, the "proof" that I've been shown speaks to poor record keeping and poor organization in some voting districts in some states that have large populations in those districts.

I don't think you are a conspiracy theorist. You believe what you believe, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I think both of us have seen the same information presented on the election and we have different opinions of what that information shows.

Show me the proof, and I'll change my mind. You said the Arizona recount was going to be proof of widespread electioneering. It wasn't. It was proof of widespread terrible record keeping practices though.

I agree with your list, but play out the part about the markets seeing this administration being one that will work to inhibit US oil production down the road (obviously true, given the Keystone permit status and the federal land lease moratorium).

How specifically does that impact supply right now, and prices at the pump today?

speculation in the market
bgr3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

bgr3 said:

Ah, got ya, fair enough. I do think the complicating factors I mentioned have a lot to do with why they've nibbled around the edges of vaccine mandates and instead just gone back to masking. It's easier than dealing with that stuff to just cite some BS "study" without a control group to just say "everyone has to wear masks regardless of anything, see we're trying to do something about this!"
Control Group = a select few that make decision for the masses. Sounds like the CCP, doesn't it. And we wonder why BBW is always calling out people for Marxist/Communist/Socialist ideals...

Listen, this country was never founded on that ideology. I know, we can say that's what slavery was. I get it; however, we have moved on from slavery as we know it. The declaration stated our intention and it took years to win (Revolutionary War) it, after the stated intention. It took another war to start the process for those enslaved.

Why is the world would anybody want to go back to an enslaved people? Government is the problem! Don't let them take control of your mind. For those that are controlled, do your best to recognize it and seek freedom!!

BTW, bgr3... very good post...
Appreciate that. I think we are mostly in agreement but when I said control group I meant in the scientific study kind of way not an authoritarian one.

Duke put out a "study" that allegedely showed that masks in schools lower transmission, except they did not have a "control group," which in this case would be schools without masks. That is a vital aspect of a study so that you can compare the two situations. They compared COVID rates in schools to that of the local community at large which is apples to oranges.

The Secretary of Education also cited a NCSU "study" recently which was just a statistical projection based on a bunch of assumptions, which is also not a study.

Duke "study" story -WSJ
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

bgr3 said:

Ah, got ya, fair enough. I do think the complicating factors I mentioned have a lot to do with why they've nibbled around the edges of vaccine mandates and instead just gone back to masking. It's easier than dealing with that stuff to just cite some BS "study" without a control group to just say "everyone has to wear masks regardless of anything, see we're trying to do something about this!"
Control Group = a select few that make decision for the masses. Sounds like the CCP, doesn't it. And we wonder why BBW is always calling out people for Marxist/Communist/Socialist ideals...

Listen, this country was never founded on that ideology. I know, we can say that's what slavery was. I get it; however, we have moved on from slavery as we know it. The declaration stated our intention and it took years to win (Revolutionary War) it, after the stated intention. It took another war to start the process for those enslaved.

Why is the world would anybody want to go back to an enslaved people? Government is the problem! Don't let them take control of your mind. For those that are controlled, do your best to recognize it and seek freedom!!

BTW, bgr3... very good post...
You do know control group is a scientific term, yes?
I do! I used it to describe my context!
The dissenting opinion has been unleashed!!!!!
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.