Trump doesn't begin to understand military or public service

27,366 Views | 234 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ripper
GoPack2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Your position is that this reporting is simply untrue. I get that.

But if Trump were caught on tape saying EXACTLY what was reported, how would that impact your view of him?
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

Your position is that this reporting is simply untrue. I get that.

But if Trump were caught on tape saying EXACTLY what was reported, how would that impact your view of him?

Why does that matter? Is your life so meaningless that you need to know what some random poster's political views would be if a fraudulent story was actually true? Cmon man. Make some friends.
GoPack2008
You may find this hard to believe, but I actually am curious if it would make a difference to you if this story were proven with a recording.

The same goes for anyone else defending this. The case being made is that it's fake, but how would things change if it could be proven?
SupplyChainPack
What if it were true that Biden was beheading nuns on the weekends?

Would it make a difference in your views?
GoPack2008
SupplyChainPack said:

What if it were true that Biden was beheading nuns on the weekends?

Would it make a difference in your views?

**** yes it would. That's the sort of move that would play very well with the crowd that was forced to go to catholic school and hated all the nuns.

But it would absolutely change my views. It may or may not change my vote. That would depend on just how many nuns he had beheaded.

I answered your question. Will you answer mine?
IseWolf22
The sad thing is that with literally any other politician this story would be laughable. Instead it's completely plausible and tracks with both his personality and public statements on McCain
dogplasma
Trump is a Class 5 ****** Canoe, and those only come in five classes.

Many bonus points will be awarded to those that can decipher "******".
PackBacker07
IseWolf22 said:

The sad thing is that with literally any other politician this story would be laughable. Instead it's completely plausible and tracks with both his personality and public statements on McCain

Totally agree. Sad it's come to this from the Commander-in-Chief. If you forget Trump the politician and just look at Trump's life in general, he's never cared about anyone but himself and his money. Anyone remember bone spurs? Are we to believe a man who's spend seven decades+ on earth suddenly flipped a switch when got into the Oval Office? The biggest con of our lifetimes.
Y'all means ALL.
PackBacker07
You may wanna reread Bolton's account, and also 95% of reporting that leans on anonymous sources. It's been this way forever, but for some reason Trumpies have just found this out.
Y'all means ALL.
packgrad
PackBacker07 said:

IseWolf22 said:

Totally agree. Sad it's come to this from the Commander-in-Chief. If you forget Trump the politician and just look at Trump's life in general, he's never cared about anyone but himself and his money. Anyone remember bone spurs? Are we to believe a man who's spend seven decades+ on earth suddenly flipped a switch when got into the Oval Office? The biggest con of our lifetimes.

How many deferments did your asthmatic candidate get? Asthma? Really?

What has Biden done besides milk citizens for 47 years while molesting women and secret service agents' girlfriends during photo ops?
packgrad
PackBacker07 said:

You may wanna reread Bolton's account, and also 95% of reporting that leans on anonymous sources. It's been this way forever, but for some reason Trumpies have just found this out.

Bolton "I didn't hear that."

But unnamed sources.....
lumberpack5
From the Intelligencer:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/09/corroboration-atlantic-report-trump-troops-soldiers-losers-cemetary-amputees.html

While it's impossible to directly prove any of these allegations, there is an impressive amount of corroborating evidence. Almost all of it supports Goldberg's reporting.
One piece of evidence works against The Atlantic: John Bolton's memoir emphasizes different reasons Trump canceled a visit to an American military cemetery in France in 2018. Goldberg's four sources say Trump worried about the effect of rain on his hair, and commented, "Why should I go to that cemetery? It's filled with losers."
Bolton says the visit was canceled because the rain complicated helicopter travel, and the drive would have taken too long. Of course this does not directly contradict Goldberg's reporting. It is entirely possible that there were multiple reasons for the cancellation, or that weather forced the cancellation and Trump decided to justify it by dismissing the value of honoring fallen soldiers. But Bolton's recollection does count as a point in Trump's defense.
On the other side, however, there are many pieces of supporting evidence. The Associated Press, New York Times, Fox News (!) and Washington Post quickly confirmed Goldberg's reporting. The Post added several related details, in addition to Trump describing fallen soldiers as "losers." "In one account, the president told senior advisers that he didn't understand why the U.S. government placed such value on finding soldiers missing in action because they had performed poorly and gotten caught and deserved what they got, according to a person familiar with the discussion."
What's more, other sources have claimed that Trump dismisses the value of military service. Michael Cohen testified in 2018 that Trump admitted faking bone spurs to avoid serving in Vietnam and told him, "You think I'm stupid? I wasn't going to Vietnam." Mary Trump, in a previously recorded interview, said Trump threatened to disown one of her sons if he enlisted in the military. (It's significant that she offered this account before Goldberg's story, and thus could not have crafted it to fit a narrative created by Goldberg.)
Trump's denial itself contains provable falsehoods:

Photo: @realDonaldTrump/Twitter
First, Trump did call McCain a "loser." It's on video. Trump even tweeted the video of himself saying it:

Trump also made a version of the same attack in a 1999 interview, when he said of McCain, "He was captured,. Does being captured make you a hero? I don't know. I'm not sure."
Second, while Trump claims he lowered the White House flag to half-mast to honor McCain's death "without hesitation or complaint," four sources told the Times in 2018 that Trump stubbornly refused until finally and belatedly submitting. Former Homeland Security chief of staff Miles Taylor confirmed the account today, on the record.
And finally there is the obvious fact that Trump, in 2015, disparaged John McCain for being captured. That is to say, the private comments Trump is fervently denying are merely grosser versions of his publicly explicated view, that being captured because his plane was shot down makes McCain a loser and not a hero.
This is the most remarkable fact about the defenses of Trump pouring in from the right. Trump is obviously a massive liar. He has already made clear that he does not respect military service. They are throwing what's left of their reputations on the line to deny nothing more than an incrementally worse version of a reality that Trump has already revealed.

It's like the "grabbing them by the *****" comment. If you have said such things in other settings in the past, the odds that you say them again is pretty good, especially if your guard is down.

And especially if you are holding your "manhood cheap on St. Cripisans Day". Guilt and shame often cause people to talk **** about those who have sacrificed when they did not.
I like the athletic type
GoPack2008
It really is telling that the defense isn't "Trump would never say something like that." Instead it's just to attack the sources and the other side.

It's very obvious that he WOULD say something about that.

It's really kind of pathetic how his supporters can't just admit that they don't care what he does. We all know who he is at this point. If you still support him, that means you don't actually care if he did or didn't say this. Which, again, should be totally fine.

And yet people are too cowardly to just own their position. It's so weird.
SupplyChainPack
IseWolf22 said:

This is leftism in a nutshell.

It's an obvious hit piece.
There's next to zero chance that it's true.
But we really want it to be true.
So we are going to go ahead and proceed as if it were true.
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

It really is telling that the defense isn't "Trump would never say something like that." Instead it's just to attack the sources and the other side.

It's very obvious that he WOULD say something about that.

It's really kind of pathetic how his supporters can't just admit that they don't care what he does. We all know who he is at this point. If you still support him, that means you don't actually care if he did or didn't say this. Which, again, should be totally fine.

And yet people are too cowardly to just own their position. It's so weird.

It's really telling that the defense of the fake news isn't that the media wouldn't just make it up. Instead it's just to attack the sources and the other side (RACIST!!!!!!)

It's very obvious that the media WOULD make something up about him.

It's really kind of pathetic how the TDS crowd cant just admit they don't care if the media makes it up. We all know that is who they are at this point. If you still believe fake news, that means you don't actually care if he did say it or not. Which is very TDS.

And yet people are too cowardly to own their position. It's so weird.
SupplyChainPack
When reality stands in the way of leftist dogma, it's reality that has to step to the side.
IseWolf22
SupplyChainPack said:

IseWolf22 said:

This is leftism in a nutshell.

It's an obvious hit piece.
There's next to zero chance that it's true.
But we really want it to be true.
So we are going to go ahead and proceed as if it were true.

Yes, all of the republican and ex-republican veterans who believe this are "leftists."

Come on dude, try harder
packgrad
This asthmatic draft dodger is who our moral supremacists are voting for. Sexually assaulting his protectors' wives, girlfriends, and children. Because unnamed sources.

GoPack2008
^Yeah but if he was really serious about that sort of thing, he should have been friends with Jeffrey Epstein, ya know?
dogplasma
Even Fox News isn't outright dismissing the Atlantic story, saying accounts are "conflicting".

I agree - if this story were about any other current or past official, it would likely be received with a collective "yeah right". With Trump, even though you can't prove it's true, you can't genuinely dismiss it. There's way way too much context over the past 4-5 years.
packgrad
Leader of men.

GoPack2008
Haha packgrad has snapped.
Wolfblood
I could be proven wrong, but I'll be surprised if these accusations hurt Trump with his supporters. First, you have anonymous sources on such an explosive accusation. Second, this supposedly happened two years ago and now it drops sixty days from the election. Third, this is like the 43rd Trump scandal pushed by the media and the left that was hyped as the silver bullet to finally take Trump out. Most supporters yawn now.

We'll see, but to think a few anonymous sources pushing a two year old story that they're not even willing to go on the record about to solidify their claims seems like a stretch.

It would be quite remarkable if these few anonymous former officials succeed at taking down Trump after so many before them have tried and failed. Think about it. With access to unlimited resources, the democrat party, mainstream media, Obama's DOJ, CIA, FBI and NSA along with Mueller's special council have all failed to take down Trump.

I keep seeing on this thread and on Twitter people asking Trump supporters the question that if these words are true will it change your support for Trump. My question back is why these words, if true, would be worse than the actual deeds of our leaders over the last twenty years that have impacted the lives of our actual military members and their families?

Please explain why possible unkind words by Trump two years ago are worse than the actual destructive policies the last twenty years of many of our elected officials? I don't get the disconnect between words and actions.

If you are more upset at Trump than you are at Bush, Obama, McCain, Biden and Hillary it blows my mind. There are more, but these five elected officials have horrifically impacted the lives of our military and their families much more than Trump. The loss of life and treasure over the last twenty years in the Middle East will never be justified. There is no way to spin our involvement in the Middle East as a success. If you can, please let me know.

Congress and the Pentagon always have an excuse for why Trump can't put an end to these endless wars. I give him credit for being one of the few sane voices when it comes to our troops being deployed all over the Middle East. Remember how the world was going to end when we left Syria? Trump decided to let Turkey and the Syrian Kurds work out their own thousand year old border conflict instead of having our troops there as peace keepers. Trump was right and the media and the experts in D.C. were wrong. Of course, possible name calling is worse than having our military deployed in deadly situations that don't benefit them or the country. Right?

Wolfblood
PackBacker07
GoPack2008 said:

It's too easy. And we're the snowflakes, lololol.
packgrad
Collusion

PackBacker07
You want to compare candidates "molesting women?" Really? You wanna go there with "Grab 'Em By The P****" Trump?
Y'all means ALL.
packgrad
PackBacker07 said:

GoPack2008 said:

It's too easy. And we're the snowflakes, lololol.

So easy. Agreed. You are. Lolol.
packgrad
PackBacker07 said:

You want to compare candidates "molesting women?" Really? You wanna go there with "Grab 'Em By The P****" Trump?

Your sexual assaulter is better? Is that your argument?
PackBacker07
"I'm not saying he didn't say them later in the day or another time..."
Y'all means ALL.
PackBacker07
My argument is that Trump is a giant sack of ****, before his presidency, currently, and surely when his reign is over. Nothing to do with politics, the man is genuinely terrible. The fact he's gotten to the highest office in the land is insane.
Y'all means ALL.
PackBacker07

So easy.
packgrad
PackBacker07 said:

My argument is that Trump is a giant sack of ***** And you have been severely triggered.

Triggered. Lol. The "You are!!!" play from the radlib. Lol.

Biden is a sexual assaulter. He lied about Benghazi. He has dementia. But he's your guy, because TDS. Lol.
packgrad
PackBacker07 said:

So easy.

So easy.
GoPack2008
Keep posting random anti-Biden tweets! You're really doing impressive work here.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.