Biden picks Harris

13,408 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SupplyChainPack
Steve Williams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Watched Biden introduce Harris yesterday and I thought he did a decent job. He came across strong and confident, so not bad. As far as the content of their message, it seemed fairly obvious what they're running on- (among other things) Covid 19 and unemployment. I've asked myself, what would they have run on minus those two things?
cowboypack02
statefan91 said:

Not to get into a pissing match, but if we're talking American interests it's surprising that there's been no rebuke from the Administration RE: Russian Bounties on American Troops. Sort of seems like one of the most important American interests?
I have a question for you...where is your proof that this actually happened, outside of unnamed sources quoted in some paper.

I ask this because 90% of the negative articles seem to come from "unnamed sources" with no other verification. I take all of those with a grain of salt.
cowboypack02
Steve Williams said:

Watched Biden introduce Harris yesterday and I thought he did a decent job. He came across strong and confident, so not bad. As far as the content of their message, it seemed fairly obvious what they're running on- (among other things) Covid 19 and unemployment. I've asked myself, what would they have run on minus those two things?
Orange Man Bad?
ncsualum05
Steve Williams said:

Yeah I heard he was lucid for the speech. If he can give planned speeches and read them off well then I guess he's already ahead. If we get a debate early enough he could get exposed but it seems they are doing a good job of protecting him from that. Have you heard him off the cuff? Yikes.... c'mon mannnnn!
statefan91
WPNfamily said:

statefan91 said:

Not to get into a pissing match, but if we're talking American interests it's surprising that there's been no rebuke from the Administration RE: Russian Bounties on American Troops. Sort of seems like one of the most important American interests?
I was referring to American manufacturing specifically. Should have been more specific. Trump has helped my company tremendously through tariffs on Chinese aluminum and steel. My business grew 300% because we are finally on a level playing field against our competitors who import and don't manufacture here in the US like I do.
That's awesome actually, glad to hear it. In that case it certainly makes sense for you to vote for Trump if the rest of his policies and decisions aren't really impacting you.
Ripper
statefan91 said:

WPNfamily said:

statefan91 said:

I was referring to American manufacturing specifically. Should have been more specific. Trump has helped my company tremendously through tariffs on Chinese aluminum and steel. My business grew 300% because we are finally on a level playing field against our competitors who import and don't manufacture here in the US like I do.
That's awesome actually, glad to hear it. In that case it certainly makes sense for you to vote for Trump if the rest of his policies and decisions aren't really impacting you.
I am now going to fully embrace Trump and recruit voters to do the same. Thank you.
statefan91
Good, voter participation is definitely something that should be encouraged and helping those eligible to vote to do so is great (unless you're McCrae Dowless...)
ZAXPACK15
statefan91 said:

I did some reading on that and there's no way the bounties were sanctioned by Russia. You have to look at what they had to gain from it, and I can't think of anything. Did some low level Russian officer in the field do it? Plausible. Did the Kremlin order it? Not Probable.
3rd generation CALS grad
Glasswolf
ncsualum05 said:

Steve Williams said:

Yeah I heard he was lucid for the speech. If he can give planned speeches and read them off well then I guess he's already ahead. If we get a debate early enough he could get exposed but it seems they are doing a good job of protecting him from that. Have you heard him off the cuff? Yikes.... c'mon mannnnn!
Kind of sounds like Trump off the cuff and with the teleprompter a lot of days?

Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

RunsWithWolves26
Glasswolf said:

ncsualum05 said:

Steve Williams said:

Do you mind starting a "I Hate Trump" thread? Be easier then filtering through post about biden and Harris. Thanks!
Pacfanweb
statefan91 said:

Probably because that didn't actually happen.
statefan91
Pacfanweb said:

statefan91 said:

Probably because that didn't actually happen.

Sounds like Pompeo thought it was worth addressing?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/13/us/politics/russian-bounties-pompeo.html
GoPack2008
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsualum05 said:

Steve Williams said:

Do you mind starting a "I Hate Trump" thread? Be easier then filtering through post about biden and Harris. Thanks!

No talking politics in a politics thread!
packgrad

Science.

Idiot.
IseWolf22
packgrad said:

Science.

Idiot.

I was unclear if he meant public indoor places, or literally whenever you go outside your house. If it's the former, it seems like most private businesses already mandate this. If it's the latter, stupid. I'm not wearing a mask walking my dogs outside or when on a run.
packgrad
"Every single American should be wearing a mask when they're outside for the next three months, at a minimum," Biden said Thursday afternoon in remarks in Wilmington, Del.
metcalfmafia
This would be a COLOSSAL mistake for Biden.

packgrad
Agreed, but it's lose/lose. It would probably be worse watching him get confused in the debate.
Pacfanweb
metcalfmafia said:

Agreed. To run from a debate will only add fuel to the fire that he is not all "with it".

If the Democrats think that their candidate is not smart enough or sharp enough to make Trump look silly in a debate, then they have chosen poorly.
IseWolf22
Pacfanweb said:

metcalfmafia said:

Agreed. To run from a debate will only add fuel to the fire that he is not all "with it".

If the Democrats think that their candidate is not smart enough or sharp enough to make Trump look silly in a debate, then they have chosen poorly.
Agreed.

Personally I think they are both losing it. I think a debate will produce several moments that are both hilarious in the moment, and sad (when you think about the fact that these our the 2 choices).

But Biden backing out would look terrible for him and would be a factor for the few people still on the fence.
SupplyChainPack
packgrad said:

Agreed, but it's lose/lose. It would probably be worse watching him get confused in the debate.

Which is likely to happen. There is a reason Democrats who know Biden well are calling for there to be no debate - they know what is happening to biden's mind, and it's not pretty.
Pacfanweb
IseWolf22 said:

Pacfanweb said:

metcalfmafia said:

Agreed.

Personally I think they are both losing it. I think a debate will produce several moments that are both hilarious in the moment, and sad (when you think about the fact that these our the 2 choices).

But Biden backing out would look terrible for him and would be a factor for the few people still on the fence.
And you know Trump would jump all over that in his ads and campaign speeches. Good grief, can you just imagine him talking about how "Sleepy Joe thinks I'm stupid, but he's afraid to debate me" and what not?

Tootie4Pack
Pacfanweb said:

IseWolf22 said:

Pacfanweb said:

metcalfmafia said:

Agreed.

And you know Trump would jump all over that in his ads and campaign speeches. Good grief, can you just imagine him talking about how "Sleepy Joe thinks I'm stupid, but he's afraid to debate me" and what not?

I encourage y'all to google and read a great article that was on Politico last week. Dated August 14, 2020. Titled "The President was not encouraging: What Obama really thought about Biden." Interviewed a lot of Obama staffers. Heck of a read. Their relationship isn't as rosy as they make it.
Pacfanweb
Tootie4Pack said:

Pacfanweb said:

IseWolf22 said:

Pacfanweb said:

metcalfmafia said:

Agreed.

I encourage y'all to google and read a great article that was on Politico last week. Dated August 14, 2020. Titled "The President was not encouraging: What Obama really thought about Biden." Interviewed a lot of Obama staffers. Heck of a read. Their relationship isn't as rosy as they make it.
I never thought it was, personally.

Biden is the Democratic Dan Quayle...or at least, he's actually lived up to the false image the press painted of Quayle back during the 94 election. Quayle is actually very sharp and would likely have been a good President.

Biden is a walking, talking, bumbling idiot, and always has been. He was considered a joke back in his day, and is just a much-less aware joke now.
SupplyChainPack

"VP Candidate Kamala Harris chilling interview about BLM riots: 'They're not gonna stop. And they should not.'"

https://ussanews.com/News1/2020/08/30/vp-candidate-kamala-harris-chilling-interview-about-blm-riots-theyre-not-gonna-stop-and-they-should-not/

SupplyChainPack
"COVID has taken this year, just since the outbreak, has taken more than 100 year look, here's The lives, it's just, it's I mean, think about it. More lives this year than any other year, for the past hundred years."
- Joe Biden
PackBacker07
Now do Trump's "speeches."
Y'all means ALL.
SupplyChainPack
"Always remember: They are coming after me, because I am fighting for you."
- Donald Trump
PackBacker07
"But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we'd have a very, very solid, we would continue what we're doing, we'd solidify what we've done, and we have other things on our plate that we want to get done."

POTUS Trump, exactly one week ago. I hate that strokes affect so many around the world.
1MANWOLFPAK
It's a terrible affliction. Almost as bad as dementia
PackBacker07 said:

"But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we'd have a very, very solid, we would continue what we're doing, we'd solidify what we've done, and we have other things on our plate that we want to get done."

POTUS Trump, exactly one week ago. I hate that strokes affect so many around the world.
SupplyChainPack
"We cannot let this, we've never allowed any crisis from the Civil War straight through to the pandemic of 17, all the way around, 16, we have never, never let our democracy sakes second fiddle, way they, we can both have a democracy and ... correct the public health."
- Joe Biden
1MANWOLFPAK
I prefer this one:

"COVID has taken this year, just since the outbreak, has taken more than 100 Look, the lives, when you think about it, more lives this year than any other year for the past 100 years"

C'MON MAN!
SupplyChainPack said:

"We cannot let this, we've never allowed any crisis from the Civil War straight through to the pandemic of 17, all the way around, 16, we have never, never let our democracy sakes second fiddle, way they, we can both have a democracy and ... correct the public health."
- Joe Biden
packgrad
The Trump stroke stories are the latest TDS conspiracy theories. Never ending.
ncsualum05
packgrad said:

The Trump stroke stories are the latest TDS conspiracy theories. Never ending.
I guess the stealing mailboxes didn't have enough legs? So we are on to strokes?
Mormad
So because Biden so obviously has worrisome signs for early dementia, Trump MUST have had a stroke??? That is such weak ass bullsht. Personality disorder, yes. Stroke, no.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.