Biden picks Harris

13,043 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SupplyChainPack
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lord have mercy. He done picked a VP who called him a racist. Dang how times change quickly. Guess I'm voting third party again this year. No way in hell I want Harris as the president, which is exactly what she will be.
FlossyDFlynt
Yep, this pretty much cemented me voting third party, most likely a write in. I voted Gary Johnson in 2016, but Jo Jorgenson is for open borders and thats pretty much an eliminating factor for me. Guess its a write in for President for me this year.
ncsualum05
It's good to finally know who Trump is running against.
statefan91
For those of you voting 3rd party or against Biden because of the pick, is there anyone you would have considered as a good pick? Just curious.
IseWolf22
statefan91 said:

For those of you voting 3rd party or against Biden because of the pick, is there anyone you would have considered as a good pick? Just curious.
Warren was the only person under consideration that I wouldn't prefer over Harris.

I'm wavering. Jo Jorgenson is looking like a much better option today.
DrummerboyWolf
Stock market was having a pretty good day until they announced Harris. Then it dropped quite a bit.
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
statefan91
I was really liking Tammy Duckworth. Senator, Purple Heart Veteran, Daughter of the Revolution
Glasswolf
"In 2011 and again in 2013, Trump donated a total of $6,000 to Harris' campaign for California attorney general. His daughter, Ivanka, also gave Harris $2,000 in 2014."

Good to know Harris is someone that Trump has supported in the past
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

FlossyDFlynt
statefan91 said:

Not voting against Biden (or Trump, for that matter), but I honestly havent found a good candidate period. I dont like voting against someone on principle, which is why my vote will most likely be write in at this point.

Current plan is to wait and see what happens between now and November. Prominent Democrat governors/mayors have had quite the awful run in the last few months which makes me hesitant to vote for any of their leadership at this point.

Oddly enough, the only person I know I am voting for sure for is Beth Wood, who is a democrat. Strange times, indeed
jkpackfan
Third party for me or a write in.

I really wish a 3rd party could gain traction.
packgrad
Glasswolf said:

"In 2011 and again in 2013, Trump donated a total of $6,000 to Harris' campaign for California attorney general. His daughter, Ivanka, also gave Harris $2,000 in 2014."

Good to know Harris is someone that Trump has supported in the past

Probably because of all of the black people she imprisoned and was willing to kill when they had exonerating DNA evidence. Because, you know, Trump is racist.
Bas2020
Biden picks an ex cop that imprisoned blacks during a year in which the lefty loons want to 'defund the police'. Between Bidens crime bill legislation & Kamala throwing blacks in jail for petty crimes I scratch my head at this pick . A lot of black people dislike her so I'm not sure what demographic this pick helps you gain if your uncle Corn Pop.

Packchem91
FlossyDFlynt said:

statefan91 said:

Not voting against Biden (or Trump, for that matter), but I honestly havent found a good candidate period. I dont like voting against someone on principle, which is why my vote will most likely be write in at this point.

Current plan is to wait and see what happens between now and November. Prominent Democrat governors/mayors have had quite the awful run in the last few months which makes me hesitant to vote for any of their leadership at this point.

Oddly enough, the only person I know I am voting for sure for is Beth Wood, who is a democrat. Strange times, indeed
2 elections in a row. Amazing position we've evolved to here.
Pacfanweb
Go to donaldjtrump.com/

Add any letters after the slash and hit enter for a good laugh.

Or highlight and go to

donaldjtrump.com/kdkd
RunsWithWolves26
Packchem91 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

statefan91 said:

2 elections in a row. Amazing position we've evolved to here.

I would say pathetic instead of amazing but I see your point. After 12 years of nobody to vote for, here I sit at what is almost the beginning of what will be a 16 year span, still having no one to vote for. As an outsider, I see Trump and Biden as terrible, terrible candidates. Biden picking Harris, to me, is an absolute joke but it doesn't matter what your qualifications are. People will bite based on optics, not policy or actual solutions. Lord, I hope in my lifetime, there is actually a candidate I can be proud to vote for. In my mid 30's and it hasn't happened yet.
IseWolf22
jkpackfan said:

More people need to vote 3rd party on principal for it to ever change. There's too many rules that entrench the 2 ruling parties. Maybe 2016 is different if you just let Gary Johnson debate. But a 15% threshold for making the debates is an incredibly high bar. And libertarians have to spend huge amount of money and man hours each year just getting on the ballot in every state
statefan91
IseWolf22 said:

jkpackfan said:

More people need to vote 3rd party on principal for it to ever change. There's too many rules that entrench the 2 ruling parties. Maybe 2016 is different if you just let Gary Johnson debate. But a 15% threshold for making the debates is an incredibly high bar. And libertarians have to spend huge amount of money and man hours each year just getting on the ballot in every state
We've had this discussion, we need Ranked Choice Voting to become the norm so we can incentivize people for not catering to the extremists during primary season and find people that appeal to the general public.
RunsWithWolves26
statefan91 said:

IseWolf22 said:

jkpackfan said:

We've had this discussion, we need Ranked Choice Voting to become the norm so we can incentivize people for not catering to the extremists during primary season and find people that appeal to the general public.

Agree 100% with you 91
IseWolf22
RunsWithWolves26 said:

statefan91 said:

IseWolf22 said:

jkpackfan said:

Agree 100% with you 91
Yep, ranked choice voting would be great
Mormad
For me, that's likely the 2nd worst choice he could have made behind Warren. I wasn't going to vote for him anyway, but this makes me more frightened if he wins based on my limited knowledge.
Mormad
statefan91 said:

IseWolf22 said:

jkpackfan said:

Absolutely agree
ncsualum05
Harris was rated the #1 most liberal senator (ahead of Bernie) in the senate for 2019. This is according to govtrack. In 2018 she was the #4 most liberal senator. Also in 2019 she was the third worst in the senate to work on bi partisan legislation. Great moderate there!
Colonel Armstrong
Are there going to be debates this year?
statefan91
ncsualum05 said:

Harris was rated the #1 most liberal senator (ahead of Bernie) in the senate for 2019. This is according to govtrack. In 2018 she was the #4 most liberal senator. Also in 2019 she was the third worst in the senate to work on bi partisan legislation. Great moderate there!
Was your expectation that they pick a moderate? Biden is considered a moderate by most accounts so I don't think they were looking for Biden pt. 2. I'm not sure what boxes she checks for his team but I don't think they were picking her because she was a moderate.

She didn't do particularly well with Black voters so I don't think she was brought in to bring in a larger % of black voters. Truthfully I think she was forced upon him a little bit as his running mate, I would have preferred Duckworth if he was going to definitely select a woman as his running mate.
IseWolf22
statefan91 said:

ncsualum05 said:

Was your expectation that they pick a moderate? Biden is considered a moderate by most accounts so I don't think they were looking for Biden pt. 2. I'm not sure what boxes she checks for his team but I don't think they were picking her because she was a moderate.

She didn't do particularly well with Black voters so I don't think she was brought in to bring in a larger % of black voters. Truthfully I think she was forced upon him a little bit as his running mate, I would have preferred Duckworth if he was going to definitely select a woman as his running mate.
I'm not really sure what she gains him. The far left Bernie bros don't like her and are grumbling about voting 3rd party. But she's also not a moderate and won't bring in additional voters there. And finally Libertarians, who largely despise Trump, will be less likely to vote against him for Biden, when you have someone with Harris' civil liberties record on the ticket.
She is really popular with the wealthy, urban Democrats. But that crowd was already voting for Biden.
Glasswolf
King Leary said:

They are in the planning stages for both Biden/Trump and Harris/Pence although Pence need to get approval as to whether he can be in the room alone with Harris
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Ripper
statefan91 said:

ncsualum05 said:

Moderate is a funny term. The definition keeps changing. It used to be, not that long ago, that blue dog Democrats and northeast Republicans were considered moderates. Now left wing nut jobs are moderate.

Not a big Trump guy, but I'll take 4 more years, if for no other reason than to delay the looney left permanent takeover by 4 years.
statefan91
It's ok to embrace being a Trump voter.
WPNfamily
statefan91 said:

I was part of the silent majority last time. Not this time! I refuse to be silent. The left is just way too radical. I am all in for Trump. At the very least, he stands up to people and fights for Americans interests.
Ripper
statefan91 said:

Lesser of two evils. Voted Gary Johnson in 2016. Jo Jorgensen is a "real" libertarian, which is too much for me. Looking for someone normal, but it's just not to be.
packgrad
I voted Gary Johnson last time too. Not this time. People used to say TDS wasn't a real thing. Voting for a candidate that is very clearly in the early stages of dementia is textbook TDS. Then add in the radical liberal Kamala. God help us if Biden does win.
cowboypack02
Glasswolf said:

King Leary said:

They are in the planning stages for both Biden/Trump and Harris/Pence although Pence need to get approval as to whether he can be in the room alone with Harris
You know that everyone gives the guy **** about not being in a room alone with a woman.....but with the way politicians and celebrities seem to get accused of sexual harassment its probably a good policy. You won't hear Mike Pence being accused of something.

Hell...even Harris has her own sexual issues with sleeping to the top
statefan91
Not to get into a pissing match, but if we're talking American interests it's surprising that there's been no rebuke from the Administration RE: Russian Bounties on American Troops. Sort of seems like one of the most important American interests?
WPNfamily
statefan91 said:

Not to get into a pissing match, but if we're talking American interests it's surprising that there's been no rebuke from the Administration RE: Russian Bounties on American Troops. Sort of seems like one of the most important American interests?
I was referring to American manufacturing specifically. Should have been more specific. Trump has helped my company tremendously through tariffs on Chinese aluminum and steel. My business grew 300% because we are finally on a level playing field against our competitors who import and don't manufacture here in the US like I do.
1MANWOLFPAK
TDS conspiracy flavor of the month - July 2020. Wait that was storm trooper month... guess it was June.
statefan91 said:

Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.