David Dorn

18,215 Views | 143 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tootie4Pack
Bas2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
77 year old black man shot in the head by looters while protecting his business . Crazy that people in this country are still supporting the looters and Antifa . Hopefully this tragic death will be the end of things .
statefan91
Bas2020 said:

77 year old black man shot in the head by looters while protecting his business . Crazy that people in this country are still supporting the looters and Antifa . Hopefully this tragic death will be the end of things .
Who is supporting looters? People are supporting protesters that are saddened to see a black man killed by police.
PackBacker07
No one supports the looters and the Antifa stuff is a political talking point. Thoughts out to this man's family.
packgrad
PackBacker07 said:

No one supports the looters and the Antifa stuff is a political talking point. Thoughts out to this man's family.

How is antifa a political talking point?
Bas2020
statefan91 said:

Bas2020 said:

Who is supporting looters? People are supporting protesters that are saddened to see a black man killed by police.

Bill Deblassio for one . He flat out said he supports the looters , heck his daughter was one . Read twitter and there are hundreds of public figures supporting violence . Not hard to find .
packgrad
Who is supporting antifa? Is this a political talking point?

packgrad
Bas2020 said:

statefan91 said:

Bas2020 said:

Bill Deblassio for one . He flat out said he supports the looters , heck his daughter was one . Read twitter and there are hundreds of public figures supporting violence . Not hard to find .

No kidding. Not sure how people are questioning that . Ice Cube. Idris Elba. Tons of people.
packgrad

Mormad
No effing way am I watching that. I won't be able to sleep tonight lol
packgrad

James Henderson
Staff
lumberpack5
No one even stops to hold his hand as he dies.
I like the athletic type
Wolfblood
Has anyone seen this story on any media outlet today? I just watched the video on Twitter of him bleeding out on the sidewalk in front of a Target store. Extremely sad to watch. The young black man trying to talk to him and telling him to hang in there and blasting the looters for their actions as he watches this man die before his eyes is surreal.

"All for a TV"
"This is someone's Grandpa"

I doubt David Dorn will ever get justice. I doubt anyone will even demand it for him or his family. I will be shocked if the murderer is ever caught and charged.

If anyone finds out more information about Mr Dorn please post in this thread. All I know is he was a 77 year old retired police captain.

Let's see if our sh*t media will cover this senseless and tragic death the same way they have for George Floyd. There is no doubt that the video of this death is just as horrifying. Blanket media coverage of this man's death at the hands of a murderous looter could possibly be a turning point in trying to settle the conditions on the ground. I won't hold my breath while waiting on the media to run this video on a loop the next couple of days though. I will be surprised if it's even mentioned.

RIP Mr Dorn.
packgrad
But CBS will post this

ncsualum05
I guess his black life didn't matter. What a ****show our country is.
Pacfanweb
That is so sad to watch.

And you can't help but wonder what outrage there would be had he been shot by a police officer.
wilmwolf
This is equally appalling as George Floyd. It highlights my problem with how the phrase "black lives matter" is used. Black lives most certainly matter, and people of color have suffered immeasurable injustice throughout our history. But the way the phrase is used implies "black lives matter when they are taken in certain situations by certain people", and to me, that's wrong.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
statefan91
ncsualum05 said:

Of course it matters. Why do you think this is an either / or situation?
Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

This is equally appalling as George Floyd. It highlights my problem with how the phrase "black lives matter" is used. Black lives most certainly matter, and people of color have suffered immeasurable injustice throughout ou history. But the way the phrase is used implies "black lives matter when they are taken in certain situations by certain people", and to me, that's wrong.
Correct. No one cares about Chicago, DC or Detroit crime for 3.5 years at a time...then it becomes important for the 6 mos run-up to national elections.
I didn't even see a reference to this crime on CNN's front page of website. I did see several articles/opinions about racism in America, but nothing on what is ultimately one of the few deaths directly related to the protests.
I get anger about the Floyd death --- and the need to protest....but when other law-abiding citizens are getting murdered AS A DIRECT RESULT, that should also bother the leaders of those movements, and the media.
statefan91
Fair point, but I think the point of BLM in this regard vs. a terrible murder of someone during rioting, is the focus on a powerful entity like the Police killing a black man and no immediate action being taken until prompted by released video. At least that's my read on it.

Crime terribly impacts all communities but especially the black community. Layering an entity that has power of them like the Police not being held accountable for killing is just fuel to the fire.
1MANWOLFPAK
Interesting. No immediate action taken.... In liberal city, by a liberal mayor, in a liberal state with a liberal governor and liberal state reps. But by all means, burn it down because Trump.
statefan91 said:

Fair point, but I think the point of BLM in this regard vs. a terrible murder of someone during rioting, is the focus on a powerful entity like the Police killing a black man and no immediate action being taken until prompted by released video. At least that's my read on it.

Crime terribly impacts all communities but especially the black community. Layering an entity that has power of them like the Police not being held accountable for killing is just fuel to the fire.
statefan91
1MANWOLFPAK said:

Interesting. No immediate action taken.... In liberal city, by a liberal mayor, in a liberal state with a liberal governor and liberal state reps. But by all means, burn it down because Trump.
statefan91 said:

This is where you lose me. I haven't said anything about Trump, and there were protests about police violence not being prosecuted long before Trump came into office. Not sure your point honestly.
Packchem91
statefan91 said:

Understood....and I agree there is a difference in inner city gang violence and a "franchise"-based bias against people of color.
That speaks to the people in the community.

Still no excuse for the major media sources to NOT cover this man's murder at least at a fraction of the same level. How is it not one of the dozen+ linked articles about the protests on a 24x7 news site?
statefan91

Looks like it's being covered?
packgrad
For anyone wondering where Trump is being blamed, I encourage you to go to this website and take a look. www.twitter.com
ncsualum05
statefan91 said:

ncsualum05 said:

I don't. Just pointing out that the BLM organization along with other liberal organizations and riot inciting groups are a complete farce.
statefan91
Sure - just like something like All Lives Matter as a rebuttal but not really showing they care for minority life as it only comes up as a rebuttal to BLM. Everything is a farce just depends on your personal leanings I guess.
cowboypack02
packgrad said:

For anyone wondering where Trump is being blamed, I encourage you to go to this website and take a look. www.twitter.com
lol....my man broke out twitter....

Hell...you can go to the front pages of Yahoo, CNN, CBS, NBC, and MSNBC and see how its somehow Trump's fault.

That's the problem with the media...they hate Trump and it shows in their reporting opinion pieces

Edited to change reporting to opinion pieces because the media doesn't do actual reporting anymore, they do opinion pieces to trash whatever political person they disagree with, which are republicans 99.9% of the time
Pacfanweb
statefan91 said:

ncsualum05 said:

Then where is the outrage? Media coverage? Where is it even close to the coverage for Floyd?
statefan91
Pacfanweb said:

statefan91 said:

ncsualum05 said:

Then where is the outrage? Media coverage? Where is it even close to the coverage for Floyd?
There's lots of coverage of it on the news. https://lmgtfy.com/?q=David+Dorn
packgrad
statefan91 said:

Pacfanweb said:

statefan91 said:

ncsualum05 said:

Just say the coverage isn't close to the same. Black Lives Matter, kind of.
statefan91
packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

Pacfanweb said:

statefan91 said:

ncsualum05 said:

I mean, they're different aren't they? One is another example of oppressive treatment and over-escalation of violence from Police that black people are already terrified of. One is a terrible example of the disregard for life seen by these people rioting and looting. I'm not sure why you would expect the coverage to be the same but that's your expectation so I'm not going to do anything to affect that.
packgrad
statefan91 said:

packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

Pacfanweb said:

statefan91 said:

ncsualum05 said:

I mean, they're different aren't they? One is another example of oppressive treatment and over-escalation of violence from Police that black people are already terrified of. One is a terrible example of the disregard for life seen by these people rioting and looting. I'm not sure why you would expect the coverage to be the same but that's your expectation so I'm not going to do anything to affect that.

Got it. Black Lives Matter, kind of.
statefan91
Yep - you've cracked the code.

Henceforth, no death should be covered more than any other death ever. No death can be mourned more than any other death. All Lives Matter, no matter the circumstances.

I'll look out for your individual threads on every death that occurs every day here on out #AllLivesMatter
packgrad
statefan91 said:

Yep - you've cracked the code.

Henceforth, no death should be covered more than any other death ever. No death can be mourned more than any other death. All Lives Matter, no matter the circumstances.

I'll look out for your individual threads on every death that occurs every day here on out #AllLivesMatter

Why would I need to do that? I'm not the one looting over one life and ignoring another? I'm not saying they matter, kind of.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.