Coronavirus

2,301,693 Views | 20272 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Werewolf
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
History remembers democrats trying to have people fired, blacklisted, removed from social media. Y'all are total and complete lying fools saying that people weren't punished for speaking out against vaccines or any government mandate. Completely rewriting history. And as rabid democrats as you both are, I'm sure you were 100% fine with it too.
SmaptyWolf
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

You keep moving the goal posts.

Immunity. Prevention. Ineffective.

What's clear is the covid vaccine was sold as something it isn't/wasn't, people continue using outdated "studies" to support it, it did not provide immunity, I don't think it was even preventative, and it's debatable whether it was effective.

There was an old bell curve I posted at the beginning of the pandemic that outlined the way a virus usually works (I can't remember what it was called and google is essentially covid propaganda when you try to search for it) . Covid followed the curve to a T as it hit a region/area, even with all of the vaccines and government interventions. People tried to dismiss it because each area of the country was affected at different times. They wanted a one fix for all of the US/World, but didn't take into account the time it takes to move to different areas.

Apparently you'll never understand the concept that a brand new and rapidly evolving virus will cause things like vaccine effectiveness and other guidance to change over time. But putting that aside, I've always struggled with trying to understand what guys like you imagine is actually happening instead. Like why is there a global conspiracy pretending that we have an effective vaccine against a global pandemic?

Can you walk me though exactly how this conspiracy works?

Good point.

How it works, or why doctors and scientists around the world unbound by American politics would fall in line and fabricate data showing vaccine effectiveness, a sudden about-face that runs counter to their whole profession.

People respond to incentives. What's the incentive for doctors at scientists around the world that have families themselves and went into this profession to help people to participate in mass scientific fraud?
You don't think doctors in other countries (in addition to here in the United States) also weren't being threatened with having their medical licenses revoked if they bucked the system and didn't go along with the "official" narrative on "covid"? Of course they were.

Also, financial considerations and keeping your job is a huge motivation. As I mentioned earlier, Big Pharma now effectively controls the "Big Medical Establishment" -- starting at the medical schools and all the way down to even "independent" doctors. The vast majority of doctors are employed by big conglomerates that are controlled by Big Pharma. 90% of modern "medicine" is now doctors writing you a prescription for a Big Pharma pill. That's where the money is. And that's where the control is. The doctors are dependent on Big Pharma money for their livelihood and job.

This is what you have to believe for the conspiracy to work so I get why you believe that.

But, no, that's crazy.

It's not crazy at all. Doctors were fired from their jobs in other countries for speaking out against government mandates. That wasn't just a USA thing. Keep your head in the sand.

Lockstep with Wendy. Lol.

So basically one company, Pfizer, has been able to completely control most of the governments of the world, convincing them to hobble their economies and extort the entire medical establishment into pretending that Covid was real and the vaccines worked, all to protect a couple years of windfall profits that amount to a zillionth of the global economy?

Meanwhile countries like China and Russia who also decided to pretend the pandemic was real and hobble their own economies, developed their own vaccines for funzies and pretended they worked, too?

That sounds likely to you?
GuerrillaPack
SmaptyWolf said:

Sooo, ALL of the governments of the world decided to pretend that there was a global pandemic in order to strangle their own economies on purpose, because they are ALL secretly communists? Or are they all just puppets of Big Pharma, an industry whose total earnings are a rounding error compared the the United States GDP? And of course the key to revoking the freedom of peace-loving capitalists everywhere was to force them to wear a mask at Wal-Mart?

So many questions.
Oh, right. So mask mandates were the ONLY thing that infringed upon our freedom?

What about the vaccine mandates -- or else you lose your job and can't go to school? What about the vaccine passports, where people couldn't travel internationally or even go to restaurants unless they took the injection? Were those things just "conspiracy theories" dreamed up by "right wing fascists"?

Same ol tactics of disinformation. Call us names -- "crazy", "insane", etc. Then, play dumb and pretend you don't know the issues at hand (such as all the extreme tyranny pushed in response to covid).

Are we seriously to believe that your side is interested in having a real debate, or truly interested in getting to the truth about anything? You are disingenuous, deliberately being deceptive...and besides that are only interested in smearing us with name-calling.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
packgrad
GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Sooo, ALL of the governments of the world decided to pretend that there was a global pandemic in order to strangle their own economies on purpose, because they are ALL secretly communists? Or are they all just puppets of Big Pharma, an industry whose total earnings are a rounding error compared the the United States GDP? And of course the key to revoking the freedom of peace-loving capitalists everywhere was to force them to wear a mask at Wal-Mart?

So many questions.
Oh, right. So mask mandates were the ONLY thing that infringed upon our freedom?

What about the vaccine mandates -- or else you lose your job and can't go to school? What about the vaccine passports, where people couldn't travel internationally or even go to restaurants unless they took the injection? Were those things just "conspiracy theories" dreamed up by "right wing fascists"?

Same ol tactics of disinformation. Call us names -- "crazy", "insane", etc. Then, play dumb and pretend you don't know the issues at hand (such as all the extreme tyranny pushed in response to covid).

Are we seriously to believe that your side is interested in having a real debate, or truly interested in getting to the truth about anything? You are disingenuous, deliberately being deceptive...and besides that are only interested in smearing us with name-calling.

Spot freaking on. That's why I ignore that garbage poster. Just a complete lie about what happened. They are trying to rewrite history because they were wrong, and were garbage people in the process.
SmaptyWolf
packgrad said:

History remembers democrats trying to have people fired, blacklisted, removed from social media. Y'all are total and complete lying fools saying that people weren't punished for speaking out against vaccines or any government mandate. Completely rewriting history. And as rabid democrats as you both are, I'm sure you were 100% fine with it too.

You're conflating mandates with vaccine science and pandemic studies in general.

Yes, there was a several month period after the vaccines came out (before the virus evolved) that it was effective enough to potentially eradicate the virus, assuming enough people got vaccinated fast enough. Of course by then you guys had gone completely feral with masks taking away your freedom or whatever, so some folks wanted to push hard for mandates to force you to do the right thing for your country.

Even if we couldn't manage mandates, at minimum many people thought hospital workers should be immunized for everyone else's benefit. (just like we have measles vaccine mandates, etc), and companies made their own mandate decisions to get their offices reopened.

Of course as soon as it was obvious that the vaccine no longer was effective at preventing spread all of that went out the window. That hasn't stopped you from continuing to convulse about it to this day, obviously.
GuerrillaPack
SmaptyWolf said:

So basically one company, Pfizer, has been able to completely control most of the governments of the world, convincing them to hobble their economies and extort the entire medical establishment into pretending that Covid was real and the vaccines worked, all to protect a couple years of windfall profits that amount to a zillionth of the global economy?

Meanwhile countries like China and Russia who also decided to pretend the pandemic was real and hobble their own economies, developed their own vaccines for funzies and pretended they worked, too?

That sounds likely to you?
Another tactic of disinformation...strawman argument. No one here (except you) said that Pfizer is the "one company controlling everything". Yes, I talked about Big Pharma controlled the Medical Establishment. But not controlling governments or "running the world".

Pfizer and Big Pharma is just one cog in the wheel. They are one "subsidiary" of the larger NWO/elite power structure. Just one of the many industries/companies in their control that they use to advance their tyrannical communist/NWO agenda. Others include Big Tech (Google, Facebook, etc), the Establishment media (NYT, CNN, ABC/NBC/CBS/etc)...and on and on.

The NWO elites (headed by international banking families) are a cabal. They own thousands of huge companies and dominate entire industries (Big Tech, Establishment media, Big Pharma, etc), and use this power to enact their agenda.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
TheStorm
Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

Werewolf said:

I think a lot of people have wised up and at the least seem distrustful/suspicious.....thus the 3%. What I think is most important for people to come away with from this and all the other examples is that we are continuously fed a narrative of lies and half-truths. MSM herds the cattle/sheep. We can stop this BS but it requires more than a handful of people thus #devolution to work towards the #greatawakening. Watch Trump's courtroom battle.........and the #boomerang.

Why does it have to be distrust or suspicion? Why can't it just be a practical analysis?

Over 90% of Americans have been vaccinated, had COVID, or both so there is a ton of immunity against serious illness already out there.

Most Americans don't feel they need a booster because they've already got immunity through vaccination or infection and the virus itself makes people less sick than it did two or three years ago.
So just to be clear here for your other lefty friends... when was the last covid shot that you, your wife and your children had?

Fall of 21.

We've each had Covid once or twice since then so we've also got some lingering natural immunity and aren't high-risk so haven't boosted since.
So, I'm assuming both you and your wife stopped after the first "booster" then (I am NOT assuming that you were careless enough to get your children vaccinated like that dumbass that disappeared from this board a year or more ago did)?

Why do you continue to talk out both sides of your mouth regarding the vaccines then?

Ahh, I forgot... can't go against that religion.
Civilized
packgrad said:

You've gotten yourself all wound up about something I wasn't even talking about.

I don't care about how Twitter moderates their private platform. Social media sucks anyway so if it dies in a fire I wouldn't give two ****s.

Did some people get fired for not abiding by their work mandates? Yeah. Do I care? No, not if the mandate in that state was legal.

Did people get fired for "speaking out against vaccines?" I'd love to see the actual number of times this happened where simple non-obnoxious or embarrassing speech got them fired, and not non-compliance with a vaccine mandate the employee was subject to.

Did I institute a mandate in my company? No.

Do I care if other employers including the federal government legally do what they need or want to do when they're running their business, including instituting mandates? No, I don't care whether other employers institute mandates or not. I didn't because I didn't feel like our business needed it.

Do I care if vaccine mandates are successfully challenged in court? No. It's a legally complex topic with sound and cogent arguments to be made for and against. That's what the courts are for, to parse and adjudicate legally complex issues.

Anyway, we were talking about the probability of doctors and scientists all over the world conspiring to publish junk studies on vaccine efficacy.

That didn't happen.

Civilized
TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

Werewolf said:

I think a lot of people have wised up and at the least seem distrustful/suspicious.....thus the 3%. What I think is most important for people to come away with from this and all the other examples is that we are continuously fed a narrative of lies and half-truths. MSM herds the cattle/sheep. We can stop this BS but it requires more than a handful of people thus #devolution to work towards the #greatawakening. Watch Trump's courtroom battle.........and the #boomerang.

Why does it have to be distrust or suspicion? Why can't it just be a practical analysis?

Over 90% of Americans have been vaccinated, had COVID, or both so there is a ton of immunity against serious illness already out there.

Most Americans don't feel they need a booster because they've already got immunity through vaccination or infection and the virus itself makes people less sick than it did two or three years ago.
So just to be clear here for your other lefty friends... when was the last covid shot that you, your wife and your children had?

Fall of 21.

We've each had Covid once or twice since then so we've also got some lingering natural immunity and aren't high-risk so haven't boosted since.
So, I'm assuming both you and your wife stopped after the first "booster" then (I am NOT assuming that you were careless enough to get your children vaccinated like that dumbass that disappeared from this board a year or more ago did)?

Why do you continue to talk out both sides of your mouth regarding the vaccines then?

Ahh, I forgot... can't go against that religion.

How did I talk out both sides of my mouth?

My mantra on here all along was vaccines have their place and everyone should make their own personal decision based on their risk factors and in conjunction with their doctor.

I don't begrudge people's decisions on getting vaccines, but I'm not going to pretend like they didn't dramatically reduce hospitalization and death especially in the 50+ and health-challenged sets, or that their use around the world didn't save millions of lives.
GuerrillaPack
Civilized said:

Anyway, we were talking about the probability of doctors and scientists all over the world conspiring to publish junk studies on vaccine efficacy.

That didn't happen.

What's the probability of "scientists" all over the world also having this "consensus" to push the junk "science" that is the "global warming" hoax/fraud, or the completely bunk and absurd theories of evolution and big bang?

What's the probability that "scientists" and "doctors" and almost every university and major company now suddenly changed their mind in the last few years to agree that there are "70 genders" and that "men can become women"?

You think that just because this many "scientists" and people in academia and every major company have a "consensus", that the claims they are pushing must be "true"?

No. There is now this "consensus" about the transgender insanity because of "pressure from the top down" from SOME "conspiratorial" group of people. This mass "consensus" on the transgender issue is prime evidence of the fact that THERE IS A CONPSIRACY -- to mass deceive the public and push a malevolent, destructive agenda.

It's not "impossible" for big powerful institutions to be near unanimously pushing agendas that are blatantly false, deceptive, and for a malevolent or "conspiratorial" agenda. IT'S ALREADY HAPPENING...across the board on numerous huge issues -- such as the "climate change" fraud, theory of evolution, transgender madness, etc.

And it's not that "every" scientist or doctor or person in academia agrees with these things - theory of evolution, global warming, covid vaccines are good/necessary, transgender political correctness. FAR FROM IT. Huge numbers disagree. But they can't speak out, or the ones who do are fired or lose their job. Because they are part of a system that is controlled from the top by these NWO ideologues/cabal.

So what you have is an artificial and fake "consensus" on these issues...that is a FRAUD. It's not a real consensus, but only the illusion of one.

You just can't believe that it's possible that big powerful institutions, even consisting of "scientists" and "doctors", could be lying to you? Is it too psychologically traumatizing to think that that the "power structure" could be working against your interests? Is it too big of a hit too your ego to admit that you could possibly have been deceived on things so important?

Or is it that you are largely ideologically allied with these people who are pushing all of these malevolent agendas, and so you are very adverse to disagree with them on anything?
packgrad
We literally have evidence of scientists conspiring to say it was not a lab leak, yet civ thinks conspiring about the efficacy of vaccines was just a step too far.

Lol.
Werewolf
Excellent post summarizing the situation, GP.

From my perspective these two characters just need to get the jabs done monthly or quarterly ....or at whatever frequency is recommended by the CDC/Fauci .....and deal with the consequennces.

.....and I like Sieve but gee whiz he's captured and a lost cause........ he can't be helped.
packgrad
Scientists and medical professionals across the world knew masks did dick to stop the spread of the virus yet they conspired to get people to wear masks for how long. Hell, morons like smapty still think they work.

But conspiring about the efficacy of vaccines is just too far.
packgrad
Medical professionals across the country said masks and social distancing were essential to slow the spread of Covid.

Unless you were protesting a liberal cause.

SmaptyWolf
packgrad said:

Scientists and medical professionals across the world knew masks did dick to stop the spread of the virus yet they conspired to get people to wear masks for how long. Hell, morons like smapty still think they work.

It was all a big conspiracy to... ummm... wait, why did medical professionals want you to wear a mask again? Because they thought it was funny? Or did they all own 3M stock?
TheStorm
This is great, packgrad... I absolutely love it!
SmaptyWolf
You know what, I think I've identified what's going on here. The problem is that you guys are just unbelievably stupid.
TheStorm
What was that, Smapty?!?

You'll need to speak louder, because,

I. can't. hear. you.
Civilized
SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

It was all a big conspiracy to... ummm... wait, why did medical professionals want you to wear a mask again? Because they thought it was funny? Or did they all own 3M stock?

Not all medical professionals conspired though. Only the Democrats.
Werewolf
Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

Not all medical professionals conspired though. Only the Democrats.
That is absolutely untrue. Just as many so-called R's as D's and most blindly followed.

The conspiracy aspect is most likely limited to probably only a few thousand globally.......daSieve!
Oldsouljer
packgrad said:

Medical professionals across the country said masks and social distancing were essential to slow the spread of Covid.

Then medical professionals were partially lying through their masks. I was in the respiratory protection business for two decades. Nothing less than military-grade activated charcoal-lined respirators or supplied air respirators will provide physical protection against airborne viral transmission. As for physical (not "social") distancing, the inverse square law does lend that countermeasure some credence as a protective measure.
packgrad
Oldsouljer said:

packgrad said:

Then medical professionals were partially lying through their masks. I was in the respiratory protection business for two decades. Nothing less than military-grade activated charcoal-lined respirators or supplied air respirators will provide physical protection against airborne viral transmission. As for physical (not "social") distancing, the inverse square law does lend that countermeasure some credence as a protective measure.

I don't know what inverse square law means, but I'm assuming it doesn't mean 6'.

Here's another gem from the branch covidians. Wear your mask until you get to your seat in the restaurant. Then you can take it off. You're safe there.

Idiocy.
Werewolf
lol….branch covidians
SmaptyWolf
Oldsouljer said:

packgrad said:

What many people failed to realize during the pre-vaccine era was that masking was more about protecting other people from your spray rather than your mask providing you protection... clearly a tough sell for "me me me" conservative man babies, but that's why you were yelled at in Wal-Mart. From a "public health" perspective widespread masking was effective at reducing spread.

In the era where almost no one around you masks now they are certainly less effective, though there are plenty of studies showing that properly fitted N95s provide some personal protection (not 100%) from viruses in respiratory droplets. But if your indoors long enough with a sick person, you're probably getting sick regardless.
Oldsouljer
packgrad said:

Oldsouljer said:

packgrad said:

I don't know what inverse square law means, but I'm assuming it doesn't mean 6'.

Here's another gem from the branch covidians. Wear your mask until you get to your seat in the restaurant. Then you can take it off. You're safe there.

Idiocy.
It pertains to the old axiom of Paracelsus, the dose makes the poison. As a mass of viral particles is exhaled from an infected person, the quantity of particles diminishes something like an order of magnitude (yeah, I'm being a little imprecise here) for every square foot or yard thereby massively reducing by dilution, the number of particles a healthy person may inhale.
Werewolf
Werewolf
Werewolf
Werewolf
#SIeve, I'm still working on you. #TheJoker, on the other hand, needs another FauciJab.

Werewolf
Werewolf
Werewolf
Oldsouljer
Werewolf said:

Worried about Immune erosion? Vaxxed or not, here ya go…..

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/enzolytics-ipf-immune-tm-immune-120000119.html
Wayland
SmaptyWolf
Wayland said:

Yay, more Twitter epidemiologists spreading "helpful" misinformation.

What it actually means is that the new vaccine likely won't completely prevent infection for a few months like it world have if the exact variant was still in circulation. But it's a much closer relative than the original strain to what is currently circulating, so it will help the other layers of your immune system provide good protection from getting very sick.
First Page Last Page
Page 555 of 580

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.