Coronavirus

2,273,477 Views | 20270 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Werewolf
SmaptyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

dogplasma said:

I think most of the science and medical community would disagree that vaccines are ineffective and that long Covid doesn't exist. The Mayo Clinic, the NIH, and the Harvard Medical school for starters. Probably your GP, too, if you have one. Like I said, I'm going to take the advice of the medical establishment, but if some want to believe that they're out to get you or they are all a bunch of clowns with advanced degrees, that's your prerogative and I won't stand in your way. There are no guarantees with vaccines (esp. flu) but they have a good track record with measles, smallpox, malaria, mumps, polio, tetanus, etc, etc.

Depending on which modeling method you use, the vaxx has been demonstrated to have saved tens of millions of lives worldwide, including millions of Americans, and many more millions were spared hospitalization, all while causing exponentially fewer and less severe side effects than it mitigated.

There's no way to look at those results and come to any conclusion other than the vaccines were quite effective.

Anybody that says otherwise is just still angry that the gub'ment overstated the efficacy against transmission and generally with public health for their various messaging mistakes throughout the pandemic.
This is revisionist history. The deadliest strain had come and gone. Delta was reportedly easier to catch but less deadly. Omicron was nothing.

Some day, after the current ruling leaders across what was once known as the "free world" are no longer in those positions, and medicine doesn't fund mass media and favored political parties, medical circles will share those true numbers with us.

Bobby Knight passed the other day... and like other famous people from the past, it got some publicity. Why weren't more of these famous past figures dying during covid - before the vaccine was developed - than after the vaccine was developed - and now? Some day you'll figure it out Civ... but we know that you'll never admit it, because it doesn't fit your political narrative.

Apparently when 99.9% of the medical world says one thing, the only "true numbers" can come from the 0.1% of "doctors" and other medical outcasts on YouTube. That's definitely how science works.

Yes, the early strains have been the deadliest (mainly because we has zero immunity built up), killing over a million Americans by the end of 2022. But Omicron in 2023 has still killed over 60,000 people so far (which is already double our annual flu deaths), and we haven't even gotten into winter yet.

Bottom line: If you're smart enough to get a yearly flu shot, then a yearly Covid shot is a no brainer.
dogplasma
Booster acquired. Only side effects were a sore shoulder and this one fever dream about Bill Gates and the New World Order. Bill is miffed that his friend George wants to change the color of the helicopters from black to orange. That's just FYI in case you find yourself wondering why your laptop OS is crashing more frequently than normal.
SmaptyWolf
dogplasma said:

Booster acquired. Only side effects were a sore shoulder and this one fever dream about Bill Gates and the New World Order. Bill is miffed that his friend George wants to change the color of the helicopters from black to orange. That's just FYI in case you find yourself wondering why your laptop OS is crashing more frequently than normal.

I did forget to mention the biggest benefit of the Covid vaccine... since I've been getting them my WiFi has been amazing!
packgrad
Lol. These branch covidians were bragging about booster shots on gameday. What a cult!
Civilized
TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

dogplasma said:

I think most of the science and medical community would disagree that vaccines are ineffective and that long Covid doesn't exist. The Mayo Clinic, the NIH, and the Harvard Medical school for starters. Probably your GP, too, if you have one. Like I said, I'm going to take the advice of the medical establishment, but if some want to believe that they're out to get you or they are all a bunch of clowns with advanced degrees, that's your prerogative and I won't stand in your way. There are no guarantees with vaccines (esp. flu) but they have a good track record with measles, smallpox, malaria, mumps, polio, tetanus, etc, etc.

Depending on which modeling method you use, the vaxx has been demonstrated to have saved tens of millions of lives worldwide, including millions of Americans, and many more millions were spared hospitalization, all while causing exponentially fewer and less severe side effects than it mitigated.

There's no way to look at those results and come to any conclusion other than the vaccines were quite effective.

Anybody that says otherwise is just still angry that the gub'ment overstated the efficacy against transmission and generally with public health for their various messaging mistakes throughout the pandemic.
This is revisionist history. The deadliest strain had come and gone. Delta was reportedly easier to catch but less deadly. Omicron was nothing.

Some day, after the current ruling leaders across what was once known as the "free world" are no longer in those positions, and medicine doesn't fund mass media and favored political parties, medical circles will share those true numbers with us.

Bobby Knight passed the other day... and like other famous people from the past, it got some publicity. Why weren't more of these famous past figures dying during covid - before the vaccine was developed - than after the vaccine was developed - and now? Some day you'll figure it out Civ... but we know that you'll never admit it, because it doesn't fit your political narrative.

Your analysis is the same type of shallow, anecdotal assessment that people clutch at desperately when they're trying to justify to themselves why MASSIVE electoral FRAUD existed in the STOLEN 2020 election despite there being no actual evidence of such. They just make **** up or tell themselves the evidence actually is out there, but somehow it's not been made public yet despite there being no way for that type of explosive information to be kept quiet.

Your highly scientific gut sense that not enough famous people died during COVID (despite the obvious differences that famous people are likely healthier, financially and logistically better able to isolate themselves, and better able to afford and obtain great medical care if they did fall ill compared to average Americans) is great and all but at this point there are dozens of peer-reviewed studies that assess COVID deaths and none of them come close to supporting your back-of-a-napkin hypothesis; they actually demonstrate the exact opposite.

There's a mountain of evidence out there that disputes your "alternative facts." Kellyanne Conway is probably proud of your efforts, though.

And notwithstanding the lunacy and logistical improbability and perverse incentives involved for tens of thousands of American doctors and scientists to knowingly withhold medically vital information, what exactly would be stopping international doctors and scientists, who are unbound and undeterred by American politics and Big Pharma, from screaming from the rooftops about it?
dogplasma
As a fan, it's important to stay laser focused on game day, especially with an 8 PM kickoff.
packgrad
As a 3 percenter, I'm sure nothing is more important than virtue signaling about getting a useless booster shot.
TheStorm
Civ gonna Civ... never expected anything less.
GuerrillaPack
dogplasma said:

Can you tell me how Bill Gates is a supposed "expert" not only on vaccines, but also the non-existent "global warming", and practically gets to dictate covid policy for us all, "advising" and colluding with governments on vaccine mandates and lockdowns? Why does the far Left commie Lamestream media parade him out to give us his "expert decrees", as if we wanted his advice? His credentials? Does he have have a doctorate in climate science and medicine? Did we elect this guy to be a dictator?
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

dogplasma said:

Your analysis is the same type of shallow, anecdotal assessment that people clutch at desperately when they're trying to justify to themselves why MASSIVE electoral FRAUD existed in the STOLEN 2020 election despite there being no actual evidence of such. They just make **** up or tell themselves the evidence actually is out there, but somehow it's not been made public yet despite there being no way for that type of explosive information to be kept quiet.

Your highly scientific gut sense that not enough famous people died during COVID (despite the obvious differences that famous people are likely healthier, financially and logistically better able to isolate themselves, and better able to afford and obtain great medical care if they did fall ill compared to average Americans) is great and all but at this point there are dozens of peer-reviewed studies that assess COVID deaths and none of them come close to supporting your back-of-a-napkin hypothesis; they actually demonstrate the exact opposite.

There's a mountain of evidence out there that disputes your "alternative facts." Kellyanne Conway is probably proud of your efforts, though.

And notwithstanding the lunacy and logistical improbability and perverse incentives involved for tens of thousands of American doctors and scientists to knowingly withhold medically vital information, what exactly would be stopping international doctors and scientists, who are unbound and undeterred by American politics and Big Pharma, from screaming from the rooftops about it?
Oh, I don't know what could stop them....like state medical boards all over the country issuing decrees and threatening doctors who opposed the "official" Big Pharma Fauci complex narrative with having their medical licenses revoked? But, I know...Leftist "geniuses" like you will tell us all that this is "not happening" and "just a conspiracy theory".

Even without those decrees and threats of having their medical licenses revoked, the vast majority of doctors are, in fact, "bound" to push the Big Pharma complex agenda because they are employed by medical conglomerates that are now effectively controlled by Big Pharma. This is evident, for example, in that doctors are mostly now just pill pushers for the latest Big Pharma drugs (with those stupid computer-generated names that you see advertised on TV on every channel, with a new one seemingly coming out every week).

But despite all that, there ARE many doctors who were screaming from the rooftops and opposing the vaccines and opposing the official narrative, and exposing the "official" story on "covid" as a fraud. But, guess what?....oh, that's right, the Big Pharma complex is also the biggest advertiser for the "mainstream" TV (and radio) media, and therefore censors those messages. And their comrades in far Left commie-run Big Tech did their part and suppressed and censored doctors who opposed the official narrative.

And, yes the 2020 "election" was blatantly stolen....and there is a "mountain" of evidence (as you say) to support that. No amount of gas-lighting by commie partisans will ever change that fact, and will ever change the mind of people like me who know the truth.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
dogplasma
packgrad said:

As a 3 percenter, I'm sure nothing is more important than virtue signaling about getting a useless booster shot.
Well, duh. We take that responsibility very seriously. BTW, does it count as signaling when the anti vaxxers start the conversation about which of us got vaxxed? Doesn't matter to me really - more of a record keeping thing (we have forms we have to fill out).
packgrad
dogplasma said:

packgrad said:

Well, duh. We take that responsibility very seriously. BTW, does it count as signaling when the anti vaxxers start the conversation about which of us got vaxxed? Doesn't matter to me really - more of a record keeping thing (we have forms we have to fill out).
I wouldn't know. I'm not an anti vaxxer, but I get as a 3 percenter, everyone else in your eyes is. BTW, I can tell how much it doesn't matter to you... I bet you will continue to respond. I know its important for you to get the last word while pretending it doesn't matter to you.....

Got any new masks lately?
dogplasma
It's ironic that you're continuing this conversation on a game day. Need to stay focused my friend.
Werewolf
A few of you will continue to look the other way but I bet you can start and stop this video.
packgrad
dogplasma said:

It's ironic that you're continuing this conversation on a game day. Need to stay focused my friend.

It's not ironic you're still talking about it. And you were posting during the first half. Lol.

Post some pics of your new masks.
Werewolf
Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

dogplasma said:

Civilized
Clearly you missed the part where I said "international doctors and scientists."

They aren't bound by American politics or medical boards or influences.

So where are their testimonies?
packgrad
Civ is good at revisionist history.
dogplasma
packgrad said:

dogplasma said:

It's not ironic you're still talking about it. And you were posting during the first half. Lol.

Post some pics of your new masks.
You're intentionally ignoring your own post history and now we're stuck in a loop. Or you're just arguing to argue. In any case, it was fun while it lasted.

In truth, I dare to say we're actually not that far off WRT the thread topic as far as I can tell. You're not an anti-vaxxer (though you seem to want to defend them). I was done with masks as a general rule years ago (though I do think they served a pre-vax purpose). Our main difference seems to be that you think current Covid boosters are not effective and therefore not worth your time. I think there's no real downside to them and therefore worth a little of my time. Either way, neither of us gives the furry crack in a rat's behind about the other's vax status.

In the end, not such a big deal.
Werewolf
Werewolf
dogplasma said:

packgrad said:

This data has nothing to do with anti-vaxxers. We're just trying to give you some truthful info....not trying to harass you about "your freedom to choose". Understanding that you're being lied to 24/7 by Corporate Media will provide you a chance to siphon through the lies and half-truths.

Oldsouljer
It would be interesting to see if public opinion ever swings hard against the vax due to perceived injuries/fatalities because that would pressure Congress to rescind legal immunities.
GuerrillaPack
Oldsouljer said:

It would be interesting to see if public opinion ever swings hard against the vax due to perceived injuries/fatalities because that would pressure Congress to rescind legal immunities.
Problem is our government is an oligarchy, not a republic with a representative democracy (as it should be). The politicians are effectively puppets of the "elite", "special interests", or whatever you want to call them. They don't care what we the people think.
packgrad
Re: "though you seem to want to defend them" if anti vax to you means anti covid vax, then yes I'm anti vax.

I'm not against other vaccines.
SmaptyWolf
packgrad said:

Re: "though you seem to want to defend them" if anti vax to you means anti covid vax, then yes I'm anti vax.

Which is what makes you sound like a hyper-partisan lunatic. At lease anti-vaxxers are logically consistent with their profound ignorance of how science works.
GuerrillaPack
SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

Which is what makes you sound like a hyper-partisan lunatic. At lease ant-vaxxers are logically consistent with their profound ignorance of how science works.
No, we understand it perfectly. A weakened form of the virus so that your body knows how to defend against it in the future, which might make sense, and is what "old school" vaccines did. But that's not the ONLY thing in modern "vaccines". Somewhere along the way, they changed what they put in vaccines and started adding a whole lot more than that. There a whole host of other toxins that are now put into the vaccines -- including mercury (linked to the rise in autism), for example.

And the covid so-called "vaccines" are taking this to the next level, introducing even more toxins that are deliberately intended to cause harm (nanoparticles, mRNA to cause harmful spike protein, etc).

We are the people that actually understand science. Your side doesn't even understand the most basic biology. We know that there are only 2 genders, and not "70 genders" as your commie Leftist libtard overlords tell you. We know that an unborn child is a human being, and not a "blob of flesh that is not human". And we know that the theory of evolution and idea that "we all came into existence by accident after a big explosion and lightning struck the primordial soup and we evolved from amoebas" is a preposterous nonsense theory that is completely unscientific and backed by no evidence whatsoever.

Leftist commie libtards have re-defined "science" to apparently mean "blindly follow whatever our Leftist overlords tell us to believe in the name of so-called "science".
Werewolf
I think a lot of people have wised up and at the least seem distrustful/suspicious.....thus the 3%. What I think is most important for people to come away with from this and all the other examples is that we are continuously fed a narrative of lies and half-truths. MSM herds the cattle/sheep. We can stop this BS but it requires more than a handful of people thus #devolution to work towards the #greatawakening. Watch Trump's courtroom battle.........and the #boomerang.
Civilized
Werewolf said:

I think a lot of people have wised up and at the least seem distrustful/suspicious.....thus the 3%. What I think is most important for people to come away with from this and all the other examples is that we are continuously fed a narrative of lies and half-truths. MSM herds the cattle/sheep. We can stop this BS but it requires more than a handful of people thus #devolution to work towards the #greatawakening. Watch Trump's courtroom battle.........and the #boomerang.

Why does it have to be distrust or suspicion? Why can't it just be a practical analysis?

Over 90% of Americans have been vaccinated, had COVID, or both so there is a ton of immunity against serious illness already out there.

Most Americans don't feel they need a booster because they've already got immunity through vaccination or infection and the virus itself makes people less sick than it did two or three years ago.
Werewolf
Civilized said:

Werewolf said:

Why does it have to be distrust or suspicion? Why can't it just be a practical analysis?

Over 90% of Americans have been vaccinated, had COVID, or both so there is a ton of immunity against serious illness already out there.

Most Americans don't feel they need a booster because they've already got immunity through vaccination or infection and the virus itself makes people less sick than it did two or three years ago.
Sure SIeve that's it. You're in the 3% that would and will take as many as the overlords tell ya to take.
packgrad
Civilized said:

Werewolf said:

Immunity from vaccination? Lol. You just have given up on science, huh?

There literally NEVER was immunity from vaccination. But Democrats don't care about science anymore. "Immunity" probably has been redefined.
Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Werewolf said:

The part of science where vaccines (and illness) spur our bodies to create virus antibodies?

That's called creating immunity. That's the scientific name for that process.

Here's an example:

Yale School of Medicine: Vaxxing Lowers Risk of Autoantibody Development Compared to Natural Immunity

Have you made up something new to call it?

Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Werewolf said:

There literally NEVER was immunity from vaccination. But Democrats don't care about science anymore. "Immunity" probably has been redefined.

What is "natural immunity" in this context then? Because there's natural immunity against COVID and other circulating viruses out there. That doesn't mean the portion of the population with natural immunity has zero chance of catching the virus.

So yes, you're using "immunity" wrong. In contagious disease medicine "creating immunity" is a synonym for "creating protection." It doesn't literally mean "created a situation where there is zero possibility to catch the virus."

This isn't a new definition of the word immunity. It's been defined this way for as long as contagious disease medicine has been a thing.
SmaptyWolf
I tried to explain some of the complexities of our immune system (the different layers of protection, etc) to packgrad a while back, but honestly it was like discussing calculus with a rabid ferret.
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Werewolf said:

What is "natural immunity" in this context then? Because there's natural immunity against COVID and other circulating viruses out there. That doesn't mean the portion of the population with natural immunity has zero chance of catching the virus.

So yes, you're using "immunity" wrong. In contagious disease medicine "creating immunity" is a synonym for "creating protection." It doesn't literally mean "created a situation where there is zero possibility to catch the virus."

This isn't a new definition of the word immunity. It's been defined this way for as long as contagious disease medicine has been a thing.

Oh. Covid vaccination which did not stop you from getting covid, did not reduce symptoms, did not stop you from spreading it provided "immunity".

Lol. Mmkay civ.
Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Werewolf said:

Oh. Covid vaccination which did not stop you from getting covid, did not reduce symptoms, did not stop you from spreading it provided "immunity".

Lol. Mmkay civ.

You're still angry that the MSM/CDC botched early messaging and/or were just wrong with some specifics as they tried to understand a novel and evolving disease.

That's fine, but it doesn't mean COVID vaccines didn't save millions of lives and prevent countless other hospitalizations, especially early when the disease was much more severe.

I'd consider "death" a pretty important symptom to reduce, no? (And this study was published by a 200 year old British peer-reviewed medical journal so you don't have to worry about it being a product of Dems or the MSM!)

Lancet: COVID vaxxing prevented 15 to 20 million deaths in first year of vaccinations
First Page Last Page
Page 553 of 580

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.