Coronavirus

2,001,117 Views | 19842 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by Werewolf
Mormad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had hopes for ivermectin. The Lancet study showed no effectiveness at triple dose. I guess we'll see.

India just stopped studies on the new oral anti viral (a generic form of the Merck pill) because it showed no effectiveness for anything more than mild disease. Studies were different than Merck's and had different definition of level of dz. I think lots of questions remain, but it's still got lots of promise for now.
packgrad
TheStorm
Just when I'm supposed to fly on Southwest to Denver in two days. LOL.
packgrad
TheStorm said:

Sorry, dude. Hope it gets sorted out. Reading Twitter is hilarious. People that list their pronouns are calling them terrorists and want them put on the no fly list. Lol.
mrcpack17
From your own link: "This medication is used to treat certain parasitic roundworm infections."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
packgrad
mrcpack17 said:

From your own link: "This medication is used to treat certain parasitic roundworm infections."

It's also being used to treat coronavirus.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
mrcpack17
OK Mr. Ed. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
packgrad
mrcpack17 said:

OK Mr. Ed. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ok. Mr liberal.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Thats a tough break....but I hope all the passengers who are of the "if so and so makes me do this, I'll never buy from them again" are not upset by having their plans all screwed up.

This will be interesting to watch though -- I've been in airports the last 3 weeks, and seems very crowded (all my flights have been over-booked), so SW can't really afford not to be flying.....
TheStorm
As of this morning at least, the flight is still on... I guess I'll find out at 24 hour check-in later this afternoon. It's a direct flight from RDU, so my philosophy right now is that if the plane leaves Raleigh tomorrow afternoon, I'm good.

Proof of vaccination status is not required for the flight, so I'm not sure about the meaning of the rest of your post.
caryking
mrcpack17 said:

Go suck on an egg!! You must be one of those Fauci science guys!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

As of this morning at least, the flight is still on... I guess I'll find out at 24 hour check-in later this afternoon. It's a direct flight from RDU, so my philosophy right now is that if the plane leaves Raleigh tomorrow afternoon, I'm good.

Proof of vaccination status is not required for the flight, so I'm not sure about the meaning of the rest of your post.

But the tweet in the post said the reason for the cancels was because so many SWA employees laid out to protest the employee vaccine mandate.
Which should be inline with what many here and elsewhere "desire" in the pushback against the over extension of government / employers. Those who do believe that way should be understanding when they are scrambling around trying to find alternative solutions to get where they want to go

Hopefully though, this was a one day blip and things get back to normal operations
BBW12OG
caryking said:

mrcpack17 said:

Go suck on an egg!! You must be one of those Fauci science guys!
Yeah... he's the type that believes there are over 100 different sexes.... you can't fix stupid and he's a shining example.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

But the tweet in the post said the reason for the cancels was because so many SWA employees laid out to protest the employee vaccine mandate.
Which should be inline with what many here and elsewhere "desire" in the pushback against the over extension of government / employers. Those who do believe that way should be understanding when they are scrambling around trying to find alternative solutions to get where they want to go

Hopefully though, this was a one day blip and things get back to normal operations
Hopefully it's not a blip and the American people begin to push back against the MARXIST/COMMUNIST regime that you and your blindly following sheep support.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
dogplasma
dogplasma said:

Good news for J&J recipients like myself: We may have a J&J booster available by the end of the month.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/10/05/1043332922/johnson-vaccine-booster-fda-authorization-jj

More good news, though it's not really breaking news: An approved (EUA) vaccine for kids 5-12 is also expected by the end of the month.

https://amp.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article254651712.html
PackPA2015
I was trying to wait until there was a new update on our system's numbers, but nothing so far. These are from 10/5. Definitely seeing the summer wave dwindle down. I agree with Davie and Wayland that we will see a winter wave, but nothing like last year due to vaccination and natural immunity levels being so much higher.

From ER respiratory panels in our system, we are seeing more rhino and enteroviruses pop up which is another good sign that COVID is lessening.

171 hospitalized; average age 61
147 unvaccinated; average age 59
24 vaccinated; average age 70

42 ICU; average age 54
40 unvaccinated; average age 54
2 vaccinated; average age 66

27 on the vent; average age 53
27 unvaccinated; average age 53
0 vaccinated
Wayland
PackPA2015 said:

I was trying to wait until there was a new update on our system's numbers, but nothing so far. These are from 10/5. Definitely seeing the summer wave dwindle down. I agree with Davie and Wayland that we will see a winter wave, but nothing like last year due to vaccination and natural immunity levels being so much higher.

From ER respiratory panels in our system, we are seeing more rhino and enteroviruses pop up which is another good sign that COVID is lessening.

42 ICU; average age 54

0 vaccinated
It seems odd to me to root for other viruses, but I do so only as it relates to a decline in COVID severity.

But that brings me to an aside anecdote and a massive disconnect there seems to be.

So friends of mine in Massachusetts.... who literally disconnected themselves from the entire world for over a year and did not see anyone for a long time due to COVID. (Who are also fortunate enough to be super wealthy so that they could exist in a bubble, but I digress). The mom was complaining about "anyone else enjoying this 'worst cold ever'", so much so that they ran out in rush hour traffic to get a rapid PCR.... but fortunately it wasn't COVID.

So what did they do next????? Go out to dinner since they were out!!! I was amazingly awestruck by the massive disconnect of a family that literally walled themselves off from the world for a year for COVID ... but for the 'worst cold ever' that isn't COVID... let's just roll with our day.

At least pick a damn side and be consistent.
PackPA2015
Agreed on all fronts. As you have said plenty of times before, just stay home if you are sick.
Packchem91
Wayland said:

PackPA2015 said:

42 ICU; average age 54

0 vaccinated
It seems odd to me to root for other viruses, but I do so only as it relates to a decline in COVID severity.

But that brings me to an aside anecdote and a massive disconnect there seems to be.

So friends of mine in Massachusetts.... who literally disconnected themselves from the entire world for over a year and did not see anyone for a long time due to COVID. (Who are also fortunate enough to be super wealthy so that they could exist in a bubble, but I digress). The mom was complaining about "anyone else enjoying this 'worst cold ever'", so much so that they ran out in rush hour traffic to get a rapid PCR.... but fortunately it wasn't COVID.

So what did they do next????? Go out to dinner since they were out!!! I was amazingly awestruck by the massive disconnect of a family that literally walled themselves off from the world for a year for COVID ... but for the 'worst cold ever' that isn't COVID... let's just roll with our day.

At least pick a damn side and be consistent.
yeah, it would be nice to think one side effect of all this is that people would learn the rule we should all have known all along -- just practice good hygiene and common courtesy, and if you feel badly, stay away from other people.
Alas, I think we tend to forget these kinds of things very quickly. Particularly given the "what can you do for me now" mantra this is so commonplace.
bigeric
"
"
Has it been long enough for them to have escaped being around any asymptomatic/infectious Covid cases?
Wayland

Here are county trends. (Does not account for testing rates)

Also interesting, with the missing cases in Wake added back today, we got to see roughly what percentage of the county's cases are coming from the 5 County sponsored free testing sites... and it looks to be about 60% of the cases.
TheStorm
dogplasma said:

dogplasma said:

Good news for J&J recipients like myself: We may have a J&J booster available by the end of the month.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/10/05/1043332922/johnson-vaccine-booster-fda-authorization-jj

More good news, though it's not really breaking news: An approved (EUA) vaccine for kids 5-12 is also expected by the end of the month.

https://amp.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article254651712.html
If I was a parent with kids that are not "adults" (like mine are) I would be taking a long, hard look at some real data before I'd take my school aged kids to get vaccinated. Me? I'm an adult. I get to make my own choices. Them? That would have to be different. I'm their parent. I'm the only one who has their back.

Especially when all the available data doesn't suggest that they need to get vaccinated. (Emphasis on "all")
dogplasma
Well, I don't know the "real data" you're looking for, but if it were me with young kids, I'd trust the licensed medical professionals within the CDC, the FDA, and most importantly my pediatrician over and above anything else. If they're all saying the vaccine is safe and recommended, then I'd absolutely take that over the small but real risk that Covid Delta presents to kids. Why take that chance needlessly? And, who knows, there may even be another variant on the way. Because you're right - it's up to the parents to protect their kids and I'd do that by listening to those whose expertise and obligation is to keep us all safe.
caryking
dogplasma said:

Well, I don't know the "real data" you're looking for, but if it were me with young kids, I'd trust the licensed medical professionals within the CDC, the FDA, and most importantly my pediatrician over and above anything else. If they're all saying the vaccine is safe and recommended, then I'd absolutely take that over the small but real risk that Covid Delta presents to kids. Why take that chance needlessly? And, who knows, there may even be another variant on the way. Because you're right - it's up to the parents to protect their kids and I'd do that by listening to those whose expertise and obligation is to keep us all safe.
I suggest God!

Joe Biden
Packchem91
dogplasma said:

Great advice -- it is amazing how many different internet / SM sources people go to now rather than the simplest of all -- asking the personal doctor(s) you trust.

My 80 YO parents both just got the Pfizer booster b/c their doctors told them they should; my 18 YO daughter is not going to get a booster b/c her pediatrician said absolutely no need for her anytime soon at her age/health. Ask them...if you can't / don't trust them on this one, then why would you trust them on your other health conditions.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

So what is your status for tomorrow?

I saw SWA is saying closer to normal today, with only 300+ cancelled flights. They are of course also saying it had nothing to do with protests, though I'm not sure they'd admit if it was true.
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

I saw SWA is saying closer to normal today, with only 300+ cancelled flights. They are of course also saying it had nothing to do with protests, though I'm not sure they'd admit if it was true.
Well, I got checked in early yesterday afternoon OK... and as of this morning my flight status says "on time".

But honestly, who knows what will happen once I get to Raleigh this afternoon. At least I haven't seen anything on any of the local news channels about RDU down here on the coast. So, I guess we'll see...
Oldsouljer
The problem is that the CDC and the FDA can no longer be taken seriously. The reason is that policy drives science rather than the other way around.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Well, I got checked in early yesterday afternoon OK... and as of this morning my flight status says "on time".

But honestly, who knows what will happen once I get to Raleigh this afternoon. At least I haven't seen anything on any of the local news channels about RDU down here on the coast. So, I guess we'll see...
good luck. While your wireless connection not working in 2021 is still the highest level of frustration, having a flight cancelled, and all that it entails, is right up there!. Especially when you can't see that there is clearly weather that is driving it.
BBW12OG
Oldsouljer said:

The problem is that the CDC and the FDA can no longer be taken seriously. The reason is that policy drives science rather than the other way around.
Plus the politicization of the virus, which it ALWAYS was despite what the OP said, has turned the entire fiasco into a joke.

As are the people that continue to say "follow the science" and slurp up every word their God Fauci utters. Which science and what day the science is presented has changed like the weather with this joke of an administration.

You lefty clowns that voted for him I hope you are enjoying being bent over at the gas pumps, grocery stores and everywhere else you may be affected. You damn well deserve it. Sad that the ones of us that don't are having to pay for your stupidity.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
The world has gone straight to Hell!!!

https://meaww.com/grace-smith-wyoming-school-student-16-arrested-for-refusing-to-wear-mask-in-school

There are many here that are ok with this Tyranny...

Joe Biden
Civilized
BBW12OG said:

Oldsouljer said:

Plus the politicization of the virus, which it ALWAYS was despite what the OP said, has turned the entire fiasco into a joke.

As are the people that continue to say "follow the science" and slurp up every word their God Fauci utters. Which science and what day the science is presented has changed like the weather with this joke of an administration.

You lefty clowns that voted for him I hope you are enjoying being bent over at the gas pumps, grocery stores and everywhere else you may be affected. You damn well deserve it. Sad that the ones of us that don't are having to pay for your stupidity.

LOLOL. What does Biden have to do with the gas pumps or grocery stores?
GuerrillaPack
Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

Oldsouljer said:

It's called inflation.

I guess you believe Commie Joe's $3.5 trillion "infrastructure" socialist takeover plan "costs zero dollars" as the WH alleges, right?
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
dogplasma
Oldsouljer said:

I don't really believe that vaccine safety can be politicized. You probably know far more about the process than me, but it seems like that would take many layers of corruption involving hundreds of professional people. There would have to be data falsification, levels of independent reviews bypassed or rubber stamped, etc., right? Bottom line is that. If my doctor or pediatrician said to get the vaccine, I would get the vaccine. And I have!
BBW12OG
Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wow...just wow....some people are really too stupid to breathe good air. That's about as legit of a response that the idiotic statement above deserves.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
First Page Last Page
Page 392 of 567

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.