Coronavirus

2,035,757 Views | 19882 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Werewolf
Daviewolf83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pacfanweb said:

Daughter is sick. Low fever, shortness of breath, upset stomach.
Wife is not been feeling fantastic. Went over to the free drive-thru Covid testing this evening. We will see what the results are
I hope the test come back negative, but it does not sound good. I hope they get plenty of rest, drink fluids and the symptoms do not get worse. If they are infected, hopefully their symptoms improve quickly and they are able to recover quickly.
wilmwolf
Pacfanweb said:

Wife is not been feeling fantastic. Went over to the free drive-thru Covid testing this evening. We will see what the results are

Prayers for you brother.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
PackMom
Sorry to hear that, PFW. Hope everyone is well soon, and that it isn't Covid!
Pacfanweb
What sucks is, I guess we'll all have to quarantine if it's the 'Rona.

That would super suck.

She gets a case of the "crud" just like this a couple times a year, but since Covid is here we obviously are worried about it being that.

Pacfanweb
DrummerboyWolf said:

Pacfanweb said:

Best of luck with that. Glenn Beck's whole family caught it except him. They started the whole family on Zinc, HCQ, and an inhaled steroid. None of them went into the hospital and most were over in 2-3 days.
She's had the low grade fever and other symptoms for that long already. Feeling a bit worse today, so I figured getting tested "just in case" wouldn't hurt anything. I don't want to be out working and passing it along if I'm carrying it.
cowboypack02
Pacfanweb said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Pacfanweb said:

Best of luck with that. Glenn Beck's whole family caught it except him. They started the whole family on Zinc, HCQ, and an inhaled steroid. None of them went into the hospital and most were over in 2-3 days.
She's had the low grade fever and other symptoms for that long already. Feeling a bit worse today, so I figured getting tested "just in case" wouldn't hurt anything. I don't want to be out working and passing it along if I'm carrying it.

I'm praying for you and your family brother
cowboypack02
On another note...my wife has been an ICU nurse in a small rural hospital with only 4 beds since she graduated last year. Although they have had other patients pass away today it was her patient who died. With none of the family able to come up because he was covid positive she sat with him until he went. It was the first person who passed away on her as a nurse and she is taking it hard. I'd really appreciate it if you guys could keep her in your prayers over the next few days
Civilized
Pacfanweb said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Pacfanweb said:

Sorry to hear it man.

How quickly did they say you'd have your results back?
wilmwolf
Will do.
Pacfanweb
Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Pacfanweb said:

Sorry to hear it man.

1-3 days. She drove right up no wait. They give you the kit, you follow the instructions and swab yourself, put it all back together, put your flashers on and they come collect it.
Hope that time frame counts the weekend days
Mormad
Sorry to hear that, bud. Toughest part of the job.
Mormad
Pacfanweb said:

Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Pacfanweb said:

Sorry to hear it man.

1-3 days. She drove right up no wait. They give you the kit, you follow the instructions and swab yourself, put it all back together, put your flashers on and they come collect it.
Hope that time frame counts the weekend days

I got tested Friday am, got results Saturday pm and they had told me 5-7 business days. Hope you hear soon.
TheStorm
cowboypack02 said:

Pacfanweb said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Pacfanweb said:

I'm praying for you and your family brother
Me too.
PackMom
cowboypack02 said:

On another note...my wife has been an ICU nurse in a small rural hospital with only 4 beds since she graduated last year. Although they have had other patients pass away today it was her patient who died. With none of the family able to come up because he was covid positive she sat with him until he went. It was the first person who passed away on her as a nurse and she is taking it hard. I'd really appreciate it if you guys could keep her in your prayers over the next few days
Praying for you all. That had to be hard but thank her for her kindness and grace in a hard situation.
PackMom
Mormad, how often do y'all have to be tested?
DrummerboyWolf
cowboypack02 said:

It's always tough. My best friend's wife had cancer for four years and finally passed away in April. I was there and it's never easy. Best of luck to your wife. She will be strong and make it through!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
DrummerboyWolf
Pacfanweb said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Pacfanweb said:

The doctors who have had success with HCQ say it works best when prescribed early. Hopefully it's just a bug or something and not the Coronavirus, but keep an eye on them and stay on top of it. Best of luck to them and you my man!
Civilized
cowboypack02 said:

Nurses are so special. She's doing such hard and important work.

Love her up, man. We'll be thinking about her and her patient, and try to make sure she knows how thankful we all are for the work she and her colleagues do, especially in times like these.
IseWolf22
I'll keep you both, and her patient, in my prayers this week
Mormad
PackMom said:

Interestingly, we don't unless exposed and symptoms
PackMom
Mormad said:

PackMom said:

Interestingly, we don't unless exposed and symptoms
That is interesting. Hope you're okay.
Pacfanweb
Results just came in. Daughter is negative. Guess it's just the crud
PackMom
Pacfanweb said:

Seems odd to think that's good news, but hope everyone is well soon!
DrummerboyWolf
Pacfanweb said:

Excellent news. Did you get your wife's result yet? Hopefully another negative.
Pacfanweb
DrummerboyWolf said:

Pacfanweb said:

Yep, she's negative as well.
DrummerboyWolf
Pacfanweb said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Pacfanweb said:

Thanks. Fantastic news!!
Civilized
Pacfanweb said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Pacfanweb said:

Yeah this is great news.

Now having gotten this back and with your mind at ease, hypothetically would you rather have beaten UNC but been COVID-positive, or take the painful L and gotten the good test result?

What price glory?
Pacfanweb
Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Pacfanweb said:

Yeah this is great news.

Now having gotten this back and with your mind at ease, hypothetically would you rather have beaten UNC but been COVID-positive, or take the painful L and gotten the good test result?

What price glory?
If I cared much about sports anymore, I'd probably rather have the 'Rona and beat UNC.

But between college sports being rigged (UNC Cheating case not punished), NC State's admin evidently not worried about ever winning in either sport, and all the SJW crap from sports these days.....I just don't care.

I knew we were going to get beat down, because Mack has a far superior staff and talent, and we've proven we aren't good. We've only beaten bad teams, and mostly struggled to do that. Seriously....had to come from behind at home to beat a 1 win Duke?
Only 2 decent teams we've played have blown us off the field. Injuries didn't matter, it'd have been a beatdown if Philip Rivers had started today. Got manhandled on both sides of the ball, and out-talented.

That's not going to change, since Paw Paw Mack is just skull-dragging Boring Doeren in recruiting, and too many people are sitting here in Year 8 and saying "I didn't expect to be 4-2 so I'm happy"......Year 8, and THOSE are your expectations?

We not only have a mediocre AD and mediocre coach, we have mediocre fans as well.

So yeah....other than it pisses me off to see NC State fans that are so willing to accept crap, I'm not even mad about the game.

Guess after all that it means I'm glad we don't have the 'Rona, lol.
PackMom
Question about the virus and the oncoming winter:

Given that people are spending more time in close proximity to others indoors, it may be likely to increase the amount of virus one might acquire, as opposed to the summer and fall when people are outdoors more.

As it seems likely that cases will increase due to more time in close proximity indoors, is the increased viral load also likely to lead to increases in the severe cases? Or have the improvements in treatment been sufficient that the really severe cases are not likely to resemble the early months of the virus?
packgrad
California governor is loco.

Civilized
packgrad said:

Dollars to donuts that asshat is partially to blame for our 5 hour tailgating restriction.
Wayland
NC - 10/26 *with* COVID Deaths Update. +13

Dates of Death Reported 10/25(2), 10/24(6), 10/23(2), 10/21(2)

1 new missing DoD (10 total missing) Setting: 6 Congregate, 6 Unknown, 1

General New Peak - Reported Deaths 7 day Avg - 10/26 - 3

Admittedly, I am a little slack these days. If I hit the counter of deaths matching the total and there are no negative numbers in county data, I stop looking for changes (especially in weekend numbers). So if there are changes from a couple weeks ago, I certainly could have missed something.
ncsualum05
packgrad said:

Let's go to his house on Thanksgiving and see what he's doing.
wilmwolf
The fact that mass transportation is running, and leaders are telling people that they can't sit in their own house and have Thanksgiving dinner with their family is completely ****ing insane. You can't be outside with a large group at a sporting event, but you can be outside with a large group if you're protesting. You can't be inside with people wearing masks at a movie theatre, but you can at a bowling alley. You have to put your mask on between bites at the restaurant, because covid won't get you while you're taking that bite. The hypocrisy is mind numbing, and I think there are a large number of people too dumb, or too paralyzed with fear to realize it.
Daviewolf83
I just noticed a new tab on the NCDHHS dashboard, titled "Hospitalization Demographics." It shows the demographic make-up of patients for "Confirmed" and "Suspected" cases separately. It includes distributions of patents by Race, Gender, and Age. I have not gone through it in any detail, but it appears to be good information that will help with our understanding of hospitalizations.
First Page Last Page
Page 172 of 569

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.