Coronavirus

2,031,705 Views | 19876 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Werewolf
KKandDD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Occasionally pop in to the water cooler...good to see the bickering isn't exclusive to NCSU athletics. Warms my heart
statefan91

PackBacker07
First US death, and now first Midwestern case our of Illinois. And multiple US cases of "community spread."
IseWolf22
My brother works in a major NC hospital's pharmacy . He said they are worried about drug shortages for things unrelated to Carona virus. Wuhan is a major manufacturer for active ingredients in drugs and production has been shut down
PackMom
A couple of days ago I heard that someone died on an airplane. A funeral home representative went to the airport - Seattle, I think - to pick up the body. The next day the funeral home received a call that the individual was suspected to have died of the coronavirus. I'm not sure if this is the same individual reported in Washington State.
Ground_Chuck
I know someone that is on biodefense advisory board. Their opinion is it will be pandemic, then endemic.

Just about everyone will get it (or has already had it) but that deaths will be primarily limited to "at-risk" populations.

It will be added to the flu shot in the coming years and will have less impact as the years go on.
statefan91
CDC hasn't revealed information to doctors that would help coronavirus patients

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/01/health/coronvirus-patient-research-cdc/index.html

RunsWithWolves26
5 dead now in Washington State.
AlleyPack
Based on the rest of the world, I think it's pretty obvious that the virus is going to make its rounds through the continental U.S.
But like the flu (which has claimed several thousand lives in 2020 thus far), only those "at risk" will die -- so people would be well-served to calm down, continue washing their hands, and so forth.

Of course, the "calming down" part won't happen.
PackBacker07
Y'all means ALL.
ZAXPACK15
First case in Wake County just popped up
3rd generation CALS grad
Colonel Armstrong
The person visited a known contaminated site in Washington state
TraCha4
^ that's just stupid and reckless. That's criminal. Now other in the area will get sick with the possibility of death. When this person gets well they should go to jail for 30 days.
Ground_Chuck
TraCha4 said:

^ that's just stupid and reckless. That's criminal. Now other in the area will get sick with the possibility of death. When this person gets well they should go to jail for 30 days.
Its early, but I don't think they visited the site after it was a known contaminated site.
IseWolf22
My company is sending everyone home at lunch today to stress test the VPN server. They are making preparations for everyone to work from home for weeks at a time.
PackMom
Now there's a case in Chatham County.
RunsWithWolves26
I wonder how many more people have actually gotten this but it wasn't very severe so they didn't even go to a doctor? At the same time, I wonder how much that would actually affect the overall numbers and percentages?
PackBacker07
UW announced they are going virtual for at least the rest of their quarter. First major University to do this, and I assume far from the last.
PackBacker07
PackBacker07 said:

UW announced they are going virtual for at least the rest of their quarter. First major University to do this, and I assume far from the last.

Stanford just announced the same.
Y'all means ALL.
Ground_Chuck
RunsWithWolves26 said:

I wonder how many more people have actually gotten this but it wasn't very severe so they didn't even go to a doctor? At the same time, I wonder how much that would actually affect the overall numbers and percentages?
Until testing becomes more wide spread in the US, we have no idea what's happening.
ShaggyWolf
Currently a senior at State. Going to be interesting to see the effects in Raleigh and across the U.S. once everyone returns from Spring Break.
RunsWithWolves26
ShaggyWolf said:

Currently a senior at State. Going to be interesting to see the effects in Raleigh and across the U.S. once everyone returns from Spring Break.

I agree. Numbers could go up as students return and more kits are available.
statefan91
Ground_Chuck said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Until testing becomes more wide spread in the US, we have no idea what's happening.

Agreed - would be great if there were tests available and people didn't have to worry about their copay as a barrier to go get tested.
statefan91
statefan91
packgrad
statefan91 said:

Ground_Chuck said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Agreed - would be great if there were tests available and people didn't have to worry about their copay as a barrier to go get tested.

People aren't getting tested because they worry about their copay? Lol. Doubtful that is even a statistically relevant amount of people.

Wash your hands. Cover your mouth when sneezing. And don't let the media driven fear brigade scare you. We're going to be fine.
statefan91
packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

People aren't getting tested because they worry about their copay? Lol. Doubtful that is even a statistically relevant amount of people.

Wash your hands. Cover your mouth when sneezing. And don't let the media driven fear brigade scare you. We're going to be fine.
I don't think it's unreasonable to assume there is a population of people out there that is not getting tested because they either can't afford insurance or are worried about how much it will cost to go to the doctor to get tested, likely leading to increased transmissions of the virus.
Glasswolf
And when the leader of the free world contradicts everything his experts say. Go to work, it will all disappear
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Glasswolf
If you need a test kit you'll get one. LOL

wilmwolf
Does it really need to be made political?
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
packgrad
wilmwolf80 said:

Of course it does. That's the entire reason why the media is so obsessed with this.
RunsWithWolves26
wilmwolf80 said:

To some, it can only be political.
statefan91
wilmwolf80 said:

Isn't the CDC is following directives of the Whitehouse Task Force. The response of the government is integral to the containment of the virus, no?

Do you think people shouldn't talk about the government's response and plans to contain / get people tested?
packgrad
statefan91 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Isn't the CDC is following directives of the Whitehouse Task Force. The response of the government is integral to the containment of the virus, no?

Do you think people shouldn't talk about the government's response and plans to contain / get people tested?

I think the people that want to talk about the government's response to the flu and plans to contain/get people tested are only talking about it for political reasons.
Glasswolf
wilmwolf80 said:

If the supreme leader had just came out and said this was an issue and we are working on it as fast as we can it wouldn't have been. We comes out saying it it will be fine by summer and everyone that needs a test kit will get a test kit, it becomes political

Last Page
Page 2 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.