Coronavirus

2,061,343 Views | 19948 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by GuerrillaPack
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MayorStoner said:

caryking said:

Colin Powell has dies at the age of 84. His family is saying he died of COVID complications. His family is saying he was fully vaccinated!
he also had a compromised immune system.

unfortunately vaccines arent as effective for an 84 yr old with an immune system that was compromised by prostate cancer.

and even more unfortunate, this is an opportunity for anti-vaxxers to push more of their falsehoods.

Go get stoned!!!

My only point was , as I have done so many times, he died even with being vaxxed!!! What I truly want to know is what type of therapeutics were administered!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Civilized
hokiewolf said:

LOLOLOL

Well played.
wilmwolf
hokiewolf said:

Honestly, I'm secretly hoping my extended family chooses to forego Christmas again this year because of Covid. Last year was so much less stressful.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
MayorStoner
caryking said:

MayorStoner said:

caryking said:

Colin Powell has dies at the age of 84. His family is saying he died of COVID complications. His family is saying he was fully vaccinated!

unfortunately vaccines arent as effective for an 84 yr old with an immune system that was compromised by prostate cancer.

and even more unfortunate, this is an opportunity for anti-vaxxers to push more of their falsehoods.

Go get stoned!!!

My only point was , as I have done so many times, he died even with being vaxxed!!! What I truly want to know is what type of therapeutics were administered!!!
Calm down. I wasnt even talking about you.
Wayland
Hospitalizations below 2000 at 1852 with the typical Monday morning (low reporting) caveat, likely to bounce a little with higher reporting tomorrow, but still in decline.

Cases seem to be still declining across the state.

FWIW, when the county line drops below 14.28 cases per day (which is 100 per 7 days) the county falls out of the arbitrary CDC designation of 'High' spread.

Packchem91
hokiewolf said:

hilarious.....heard a fair # of people who were happy last Christmas not having to get together with extended family.
Packchem91
MayorStoner said:

caryking said:

MayorStoner said:

caryking said:

Go get stoned!!!

But in general, you were still correct.
caryking
MayorStoner said:

caryking said:

MayorStoner said:

caryking said:

Go get stoned!!!

and you responded to my post... Sorry, that typically means something. In the future, try and be more specific...

Joe Biden
MayorStoner
caryking said:

MayorStoner said:

caryking said:

MayorStoner said:

caryking said:

Go get stoned!!!

and you responded to my post... Sorry, that typically means something. In the future, try and be more specific...
well uh you just posted national news. I was responding to that.
Mormad
It's interesting. Overheard our infectious disease doc talking today about how poorly the vaxxes have worked for cancer patients. As if cancer didn't suck enough.
Packchem91
Mormad said:

It's interesting. Overheard our infectious disease doc talking today about how poorly the vaxxes have worked for cancer patients. As if cancer didn't suck enough.

I just heard from a former employee of mine today - both of his parents are in 70s. Both with preexisiting conditions, amd both recent battles with cancer. Both of them also just learned they were Covid positive. They had been vaccinated earlier, but not sure about boosters

As you can imagine, the cancer amd Covid diagnosis is extremely demoralizing to all of his family
caryking
MayorStoner said:

caryking said:

MayorStoner said:

caryking said:

MayorStoner said:

caryking said:

Go get stoned!!!

well uh you just posted national news. I was responding to that.
I did post national news!! You chose to make a statement about what you think are falsehoods!! I think you probably need to calm down or perhaps check your idiotic narrative!!!

Joe Biden
PackMom
Mormad said:

Do you know if this is all of them? I know there was some question back in the winter as to whether or not cancer patients should take the mRNA vaccines, but it was determined that for many of us, the virus posed a greater risk than the vaccine.

It is discouraging news.
Mormad
PackMom said:

Mormad said:

Do you know if this is all of them? I know there was some question back in the winter as to whether or not cancer patients should take the mRNA vaccines, but it was determined that for many of us, the virus posed a greater risk than the vaccine.

It is discouraging news.

I know. I thought about you. It's not all. I wonder if your doc would consider an Ab test and/or a booster? My wife, NP, and business partner got the booster and did great.
wilmwolf
A wife of a friend posted on FB that Colin Powell died because of the people who refuse to get the vaccine. As far as I can see it, the vaccine only provides protection to the vaccinated person, and that is all it was ever designed to do, reduce your personal risk of dying. How did our messaging get so screwed up that people think the virus only still exists because of those that don't have the vaccine?
packgrad
Early in the rollout, vaccines were pushed for adults "to protect the children". That extrapolated to it protecting everyone else too apparently.
Wayland
wilmwolf80 said:

A wife of a friend posted on FB that Colin Powell died because of the people who refuse to get the vaccine. As far as I can see it, the vaccine only provides protection to the vaccinated person, and that is all it was ever designed to do, reduce your personal risk of dying. How did our messaging get so screwed up that people think the virus only still exists because of those that don't have the vaccine?

The early on overpromise by Walensky and Fauci that vaccinated individuals did not get infected or transmit the virus.

Public health serves only to drive behavior... by any means necessary and that includes what they believe to be noble lies.

A lot of people have been unable to update their priors

Oldsouljer
Speaking of that old fraud Fauci, here's his latest doomsday prediction laid to rest.....not that folks at Carter-Finley should be surprised.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/10/18/nbc-fact-checks-one-of-faucis-superspreader-fears-n2597580
curmudgeon.zen
wilmwolf80 said:

The intent of the messaging is not, and never has been, to inform the public. The intent of the messaging has always been to support the business model. Follow the money.
Log off. Go outside.
Macumbe
One thought I have is that it's the vaxxed are spreading covid moreso than the unvaxxed.

I'm vaccinated but got covid a few months ago...just a little runny nose, no big deal - didn't feel bad at all. I wasn't going to get tested but my wife suggested I should and came back positive. If I hadn't gotten tested, I could have been spreading the virus around quite a bit.

One bit of data you will never have is how many vaccinated, asymptomatic, covid positive people are out there - that don't think they have it so don't get tested and into the database - but could be spreading it but don't think they are. Not to mention companies/organizations that don't require vaccinated people that test positive to quarantine. At least, if you are unvaxxed, for the most part, you will know it pretty soon and quarantine.

So how do we know it's not the vaxxed who are really spreading covid versus the unvaxxed?

Just a thought.
statefan91
Macumbe said:

One thought I have is that it's the vaxxed are spreading covid moreso than the unvaxxed.

I'm vaccinated but got covid a few months ago...just a little runny nose, no big deal - didn't feel bad at all. I wasn't going to get tested but my wife suggested I should and came back positive. If I hadn't gotten tested, I could have been spreading the virus around quite a bit.

One bit of data you will never have is how many vaccinated, asymptomatic, covid positive people are out there - that don't think they have it so don't get tested and into the database - but could be spreading it but don't think they are. Not to mention companies/organizations that don't require vaccinated people that test positive to quarantine. At least, if you are unvaxxed, for the most part, you will know it pretty soon and quarantine.

So how do we know it's not the vaxxed who are really spreading covid versus the unvaxxed?

Just a thought.
I think Davie has posted previously that all research seems to show that asymptomatic spread is minimal due to lesser amount of virus in those that are asymptomatic + positive.
Macumbe
statefan91 said:

Macumbe said:

Just a thought.
I think Davie has posted previously that all research seems to show that asymptomatic spread is minimal due to lesser amount of virus in those that are asymptomatic + positive.
Thanks for your reply...that's probably true...I did read a study that said the virus was just as contagious in vaxxed vs. unvaxxed - but do agree, the lesser symptoms should mean less spread....but I tend to hear more people positive with the vax versus without it....I may run in a weird group...either way, I think people should 'voluntarily' get vaxxed just for the lesser severe reaction
caryking
This is a good thing. I hope other companies will follow Southwest's lead...

Joe Biden
Glasswolf
Doing some flooring work through ARCO Construction. Owner of the building (Parmer) is requiring all subs to have proof of vaccination as of 11-15. Feel like this may be the start
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

packgrad
Glasswolf said:

Doing some flooring work through ARCO Construction. Owner of the building (Parmer) is requiring all subs to have proof of vaccination as of 11-15. Feel like this may be the start

The start of that company not getting subs to work for them maybe.
wilmwolf
It wouldn't be hard to fake a vaccination card, are any of these companies actually following up on this or just seeing the card and saying ok? Is there even a way to verify if a card is legit? I had to put my primary care doctor's info down when I got the shots, but when I went to him, he didn't know I had the vaccine until I told him.
dogplasma
One of the San Jose hockey players just got suspended for 21 games for forging a vaccination card. Don't know if that means they're hard to fake or if it just means hockey players aren't very good at it.
Glasswolf
Well all the people in my office are vaccinated except one. The flooring subs I am using are mostly vaccinated. It will be an issue if it spreads to other owners. As stated this the owners of the building (parmer) not the general contractor

Oldsouljer
Congratulations! You've got herd immunity!! :B
FlossyDFlynt
dogplasma said:

One of the San Jose hockey players just got suspended for 21 games for forging a vaccination card. Don't know if that means they're hard to fake or if it just means hockey players aren't very good at it.
Might wanna see what else hes up to. There might a bit of a cumulative effect with him at the moment. His whole life is a tinderbox and he threw some gas on it
packgrad
Wayland
packgrad said:

Ha, I was thinking of posting this one. It is one of my favorite charts.
packgrad
Glasswolf said:

Well all the people in my office are vaccinated except one. The flooring subs I am using are mostly vaccinated. It will be an issue if it spreads to other owners. As stated this the owners of the building (parmer) not the general contractor

Yeah. Most of our in house guys are too. Subs however are a different story. People that get dirt on their work boots know this will not be the norm. Would be impossible to manage and get the job done. I guess it's more important to pretend like you're doing something than actually getting the job done to idiots like that owner.
Mormad
Macumbe said:

Just a thought.

I think that is a reasonable thought. In general, i think the vax likely reduces the risk of viral spread by reducing viral load by enhancing immunity and therefore viral shedding is reduced. But i agree that infected vaxxed people could potentially have more spreading opportunities (more exposures) by having less severe dz and the feeling that they don't need to get tested or stay at home. So while the vaxxed aren't as efficient at spreading, they may well have more opportunity to spread virus.
Glasswolf
packgrad said:

Glasswolf said:

Yeah. Most of our in house guys are too. Subs however are a different story. People that get dirt on their work boots know this will not be the norm. Would be impossible to manage and get the job done. I guess it's more important to pretend like you're doing something than actually getting the job done to idiots like that owner.
Let me rephrase this. The subs I'm using on this project are mostly vaccinated. Not sure about the others as they are mostly Latino

First Page Last Page
Page 396 of 570

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.