Coronavirus

2,008,611 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Werewolf
Wayland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Little bit of back fill today on the ED, but it didn't change the trendline... yet.....

statefan91
BBW12OG
statefan91 said:

I'm guessing NC is about to require all students to wear masks, masks indoors and proof of vaccination for "public events.."

I hope not.. but the lefties are drunk on power and he seems to be following the far lefties at every turn.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Wayland
BBW12OG said:

statefan91 said:

I'm guessing NC is about to require all students to wear masks, masks indoors and proof of vaccination for "public events.."

I hope not.. but the lefties are drunk on power and he seems to be following the far lefties at every turn.

I mean, new and useless mandates, post case peak would be par for the course for public health.

But I'll reserve judgement for now.
packgrad
See if he can single handedly ruin football season. Continue the national trend of failed leadership.
BBW12OG
packgrad said:

See if he can single handedly ruin football season. Continue the national trend of failed leadership.
Going to be interesting..... My nephew starts his Sr. year football season Friday night..... That will be a damn disaster.....

Over politics. Nothing more, nothing less. I hope that all the lefties are taking notes. This is more than just an overreach. This is a power play to see how far the American people are willing to bow down to the government.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Packchem91
^, ^^ Surely nothing that severe to impact FB. If anything, an indoor requirement, but taht wouldn't affect FB.
Interestingly, in response to the pending Charlotte mask mandate, the Panthers have said that indoor guests and staff must wear masks in indoor spaces, including the indoor concourses in sections 300/400.
I'd suspect that would be same for the ECU/ASU and Clem/UGA games if still in effect then.
But nothing for those seated outdoors.
I could see something similar to that, and FB goes on....as it should
BBW12OG
I hope you are correct. I will let you know if it's not the case.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Packchem91
BBW12OG said:

I hope you are correct. I will let you know if it's not the case.
LOL, you won't have to let me know....if he went that extreme, I would actually agree with a huge protest, and for schools just to go play. It would be completely uncalled for to make such a ruling (and fully against science, given the sport's outdoor nature).

But, the guy strikes me as a turd, and seeks guidance from his state health minister who strikes me as a lady turd.....so, I guess nothing is impossible.
Civilized
packgrad said:

Stupid politicians bedamned, I'm going to freak the **** out if I'm not sitting in C-F with a belly full of pork and bourbon watching us go up 7-0 two weeks and two days from this very minute.

I'm not ****ing around about this. I voted for you Roy Cooper but do not **** this up you smug sanctimonious sonofa*****.
FlossyDFlynt
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Stupid politicians bedamned, I'm going to freak the **** out if I'm not sitting in C-F with a belly full of pork and bourbon watching us go up 7-0 two weeks and two days from this very minute.

I'm not ****ing around about this. I voted for you Roy Cooper but do not **** this up you smug sanctimonious sonofa*****.
Oldsouljer
PackFansXL said:

Mormad said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Mormad said:

Combo of both
Thanks for the response. With regards to the use of the monoclonal antibodies, have you heard any information about how often they are being prescribed to patients? Is it minor number of patients or is there much broader use and dependent on patient age and case severity?
I'm sorry, i don't know the details
I only read about this treatment method sometime in the last couple of weeks. As I recall, the tone of the article indicated the treatment could be a major new tool in the fight to save those who are very ill with COVID. I am curious to know whether the thinking is accurate that this drug is a breakthrough that could reduce fears or is it just another minor player in the battle.
I'm a little biased because I've invested in one of the mAb companies but if they are as effective as I think they could be, I'm concerned they'll get slow walked in their approval by vaccine-only authorities. OTOH, mAb can be applied to a whole lot of things besides COVID.
BBW12OG
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Might be hope for Civ after all boys......
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
BBW12OG said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Might be hope for Civ after all boys......
good luck!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
As long as my ass is able to walk out of CF and drink my face off at half time and may or may not return to my seat because we are up 40 I'll be happy.

If he *****es about me staying in the parking lot and partying then... all bets are off.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
packgrad
dogplasma
Does anyone have a graph or source showing current ICU capacity in NC? The story out of Alabama is pretty alarming. Wondering how we're trending.
BBW12OG
Toward shutting down until after Election Day 2022.....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Daviewolf83
I am guessing Cooper is going to announce some or all of the following:

1. Statewide indoor mask mandate, including for all schools. He will effectively over-rule any locale that has made it masking in schools optional. Personally, I believe this is the most likely thing he will put in place.
2. Requirement that all state employees, including teachers, be vaccinated. This one could be interesting, since some teachers could quit and most school systems are not fully staffed for the Fall and many have significant vacancies.
3. Outdoor mask mandate for all events - similar to what LA is now requiring. This would be in addition to an indoor mask mandate throughout the state.
4. Vaccination/negative test requirements for all indoor events.

I do not believe he will institute capacity limits, since this would be met with major revolt across the state, just as football season is about to start.
Packchem91
Daviewolf83 said:

1. Statewide indoor mask mandate, including for all schools. He will effectively over-rule any locale that has made it masking in schools optional. Personally, I believe this is the most likely thing he will put in place.
2. Requirement that all state employees, including teachers, be vaccinated. This one could be interesting, since some teachers could quit and most school systems are not fully staffed for the Fall and many have significant vacancies.
3. Outdoor mask mandate for all events - similar to what LA is now requiring. This would be in addition to an indoor mask mandate throughout the state.

I do not believe he will institute capacity limits, since this would be met with major revolt across the state, just as football season is about to start.
That one would be shocking to me....has there yet to be any link between outdoor activities and covid spread? Even if you look at our baseball team....isn't it much much more likely that spread to the vaccinated players happened in dining, meeting rooms, hotel rooms, etc?
Daviewolf83
dogplasma said:

Does anyone have a graph or source showing current ICU capacity in NC? The story out of Alabama is pretty alarming. Wondering how we're trending.
Here's a graph showing the percentage of ICU capacity utilized on a daily basis.

Graph below shows the number of empty and occupied ICU beds across NC. Please note the reduction in the number of total ICU beds, since the Winter Wave, when capacity was at its highest.

BBW12OG
Thank you Davie... as always.....keep up the good fight.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Daviewolf83
Packchem91 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

That one would be shocking to me....has there yet to be any link between outdoor activities and covid spread? Even if you look at our baseball team....isn't it much much more likely that spread to the vaccinated players happened in dining, meeting rooms, hotel rooms, etc?
No, but it did not stop LA from putting that exact mandate in place today. For example, a mask must be worn at all outdoor sporting events, including professional events. There is not much science behind a lot of mandates being put in place. It is all about giving the appearance the government is doing something - even if what they are doing will have little to any impact on the growth in cases.
wilmwolf
If I have to wear a mask, outside, fully vaccinated, in the September heat, my seats in CF will be empty. Sorry.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Daviewolf83
wilmwolf80 said:

If I have to wear a mask, outside, fully vaccinated, in the September heat, my seats in CF will be empty. Sorry.
My son now has to wear a mask for all indoor team meetings, even though all but three of the players, coaches, and staff are fully vaccinated. I will not be surprised if Wake and other schools require masks for outdoor games this Fall.
BBW12OG
wilmwolf80 said:

I'm almost to that point.... It's time for all of the people to stand up and flip the bird to the ridiculous rules, regulations and government overreach.

This is something I would hope that all parties can agree upon. Enough is enough.

It is all geared toward future elections.

i.e.... see California's recall election. They started mailing out ballots today. The election is in 30 days... do the math.

Watch and see how "safe" and "secure" the recall election was when Ice Cream Queen's former family member stays in office. You lefties think they stayed in touch? Pretty sure the financial interests still remain.

Newsom wins. The lefties show how the elections can be done without in person voting.... sit back. I'll be here to tell you "I told you so.."

https://abc7news.com/are-gavin-newsom-and-nancy-pelosi-related-relation-to-recall-governor/10693194/
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
Daviewolf83 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

My son now has to wear a mask for all indoor team meetings, even though all but three of the players, coaches, and staff are fully vaccinated. I will not be surprised if Wake and other schools require masks for outdoor games this Fall.
Emergency Booster's Club meeting tomorrow before the JV game on Thursday night.... Masks are the topic... if you aren't in your seat it looks like you are going to have to have one on walking to the concession stand, bathroom, to your seat etc....

Nothing "confirmed" but the powers that be are part of the NCAE that called this meeting... the adivsors who sit in on the meetings, wear masks when addressing the club as faculty advisors, said as much in the email that was delivered after 8 p.m. They eluded that non-compliance by fans could lead to forfeiting games. These are also the people that think defunding athletics will lead to better education.

Good times to come....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Packchem91
Daviewolf83 said:

Packchem91 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

No, but it did not stop LA from putting that exact mandate in place today. For example, a mask must be worn at all outdoor sporting events, including professional events. There is not much science behind a lot of mandates being put in place. It is all about giving the appearance the government is doing something - even if what they are doing will have little to any impact on the growth in cases.
Agree, that one would be for show, fo sho.
But it would also be surprising because the Panthers just announced a policy that was only indoors in the stadium...and I'd be hard pressed to believe there would not have been some consultation between the state and the Panthers (if not, someone screwed up).

It would certainly create a nightmare for police and school staff on Friday night. One thing to make kids in school comply....but their parents and other community folks at a FB game? Ugly.
Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

Lemme know, I'd be interested in buying!
packgrad
Daviewolf83 said:

That better not happen. That is absolutely ridiculous. I will definitely be calling the WPC to try and get a refund if so. Not that they will. I'm done with this mess.
Everpack
statefan91 said:

Mother****er better be announcing some relief funds for a real life disaster occurring in his state tonight.

BBW12OG
where is that??
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Packchem91
Everpack said:

statefan91 said:

Mother****er better be announcing some relief funds for a real life disaster occurring in his state tonight.

goodness.....hope all are ok. IIRC, you are in mountains? I saw pics of flooding in several different places up there today.
bgr3
And should it come to pass, just like every other very earnest mask mandate that is incredibly important and urgent announcement it will be made.... maskless.
BBW12OG
bgr3 said:

And should it come to pass, just like every other very earnest mask mandate that is incredibly important and urgent announcement it will be made.... maskless.
Would that be the "non alcohol" places that we used to venture to in Greensboro like the Juice Bar? Pretty sure they were "maskless." But.. they didn't serve alcohol.

I was pretty sure it was awesome until...some things are best left covered.... FH....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
First Page Last Page
Page 353 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.