Coronavirus

2,016,748 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Werewolf
PackPA2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wilmwolf80 said:

My doctor told me not to listen to politicians or CEOs about booster shots. He didn't think there was any reason that the vaccine wouldn't be good enough for years of protection based on the currently available data.
I agree and I am telling patients the same at this time. No data that I am aware of to promote this other than in the immunocompromised. The benefit has been shown there, but that is all.
Oldsouljer
wilmwolf80 said:

My doctor told me not to listen to politicians or CEOs about booster shots. He didn't think there was any reason that the vaccine wouldn't be good enough for years of protection based on the currently available data.
My doctor told me that my type O blood was largely giving me the same protection as a vaccine.
BBW12OG
Got to grab the "news cycle.."

Sorry.. but they have been sitting on this one for weeks if not months. The first "crisis" that developed they could pull this card, outrage 1/2 the country and take the focus off the crisis.

Politics 101. This is nothing but political and always has been. The virus is real. So is the flu and the common cold. Both of which have seemingly disappeared along with our freedoms to not have to walk around like the women in Afghanistan are being forced to do now.

This administration will go down as the one that destroyed this country. You lefties must be celebrating in the streets with your masks on this morning.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

This is the reasonable approach - ask your own doctor what they recommend
GuerrillaPack
How about not listening to politicians or Big Pharma about ANYTHING? They have their agendas, and it doesn't have anything to do with our best interests or keeping us healthy.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
TheStorm
caryking said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Just call me Nostradamus. I thought it would take another week, but not surprised by this report. Duke is not the only school testing fully vaccinated asymptomatic people. As we learned last week, Stanford is doing the same thing. I suspect there are some epidemiologists working for testing companies.

Please note, Duke tested 10,000 people last week - the vast majority of them were fully vaccinated and they found 111 positive cases. This is a waste of testing resources and serves no purpose to protect those who are fully vaccinated. The chance of those people developing severe symptoms, being hospitalized, or dying is significantly less than 1%.

Get ready to see the shutdown of universities soon. Today, some UNC faculty called for a one month delay in the start of classes at UNC.

About the same percent of the general population last summer! Wow, we are making progress
1.11% the same as the general population from last summer? And they ain't getting sick either.
metcalfmafia
Just don't make me give up another year of football gamedays.
packgrad
We common folk have no control over that. Following arbitrary advice isn't going to guarantee a season. It's all about control and twisting the knife.
GuerrillaPack
Tony Blair says that a "biometric ID" (as part of a vaccine passport) is "inevitable" in order for the controllers to give us back our freedom and open up the economy.

No, Tony, it is NOT "inevitable". It's only inevitable if we just allow tyrants like you to control our lives and implement the authoritarian society that you envision without any resistance.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Daviewolf83
To sum up the argument in the following tweet, we need to forget about the idea of eradicating Covid. The vaccines will not provide eradication. They will greatly reduce severe illness, hospitalization, and deaths. Before we give booster shots to the US population that are likely not necessary, we need to make sure hard hit areas in the rest of the world are helped.

GuerrillaPack
Related to that tweet about most of Africa having less than 5% vaccination, another one of the biggest red flags that demonstrate to me that this is not a real pandemic is the fact that most third world countries have much lower rates of death (per capita) than the United States. If "covid" were a real pandemic and some super deadly virus, then it would have absolutely decimated the populations in most third world countries, and they would have much higher death rates than the United States. But that's not the case.

And you see countries like Australia being turned into super totalitarian societies over covid, when Australia has an extremely low death rate from covid.

What is really going on here? It's that the first world countries are the TARGETS of this totalitarian takeover. And their populations are the targets of the "vaccinations". There is a nefarious intent behind these injections. The Western and first world nations are targeted for being weakened and taken over by a totalitarian agenda.

Wayland
Still waiting for the CDC and some other data to post, but case data continues to look promising. This is the first time during this wave that the 7 day average specimens by date of collection delta value for the 5 days prior to the current day shows a decrease.

Again, this is subject to backlog and will possibly flip to a small increase (and hopefully not huge delays or dumps out there)... but both Wake and Meck 'reported' fewer cases today than last Tuesday.

Not that these mandates do anything. But you have to appreciate waiting until just after the peak to do anything.
Packchem91
GuerrillaPack said:

Related to that tweet about most of Africa having less than 5% vaccination, another one of the biggest red flags that demonstrate to me that this is not a real pandemic is the fact that most third world countries have much lower rates of death (per capita) than the United States. If "covid" were a real pandemic and some super deadly virus, then it would have absolutely decimated the populations in most third world countries, and they would have much higher death rates than the United States. But that's not the case.

And you see countries like Australia being turned into super totalitarian societies over covid, when Australia has an extremely low death rate from covid.

What is really going on here? It's that the first world countries are the TARGETS of this totalitarian takeover. And their populations are the targets of the "vaccinations". There is a nefarious intent behind these injections. The Western and first world nations are targeted for being weakened and taken over by a totalitarian agenda.

I've wondered about this, especially when I was in Honduras. They've had Covid, but it was relatively limited. As you may imagine, there are lots of multi-generational, large families, living in poorly ventilated homes there. IE, based on what we know, a perfect storm for Covid spread?

I wondered how much limited interactions with outside groups that are impacted affect this? IE....people from England, Italy, China were coming to US, which started our outbreaks. I'd guess a much smaller volume of travel between those countries and Honduras, or Kenya, or ______ took place, and that would be a contributing factor?
bgr3
metcalfmafia said:

Never forget that the Big 10 and Pac-12 tried to cancel the whole season. It took people with backbone, including players within the conference, to stand up for what was right.

I guarantee you, any new restrictions will be announced like 48 hours ahead of time so there isn't time for people to create a backlash, they learned that lesson last year.
Daviewolf83
bgr3 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Never forget that the Big 10 and Pac-12 tried to cancel the whole season. It took people with backbone, including players within the conference, to stand up for what was right.

I guarantee you, any new restrictions will be announced like 48 hours ahead of time so there isn't time for people to create a backlash, they learned that lesson last year.
A little known factoid - Duke tried to cancel ACC football last Fall. The wanted it moved to the Spring. They did not think it was safe to play, but got forced into it by the other schools. They let know fans attend any games all year, including the parents of the players. They were not allowed to attend any football games, including their last game of the year.
bgr3
Word was they were the ones who got the ACC basketball tournament cancelled (because they didn't want Markell to send their ***** asses home, of course) last year so I wouldn't doubt it.

I am still on an email list for them from a previous job and occassionally look at what they send out and they are full Branch Covidian
statefan91
That seems crazy considering the social distancing you can do at a normal Duke game
GuerrillaPack
The Bolshevik government of New Zealand has put the entire nation under a "Level 4" (highest level) lockdown for at least 3 days...all because of ONE CASE...one 58 year old man getting back a positive test...supposedly their first covid case in 170 days.

https://news.yahoo.com/zealand-enter-nationwide-lockdown-detecting-062748811.html

Quote:

How it works: Under alert level 4 restrictions, schools move to remote classes and non-essential businesses close including food delivery services. Only essential travel is permitted, and water activities like swimming are banned.
  • People must remain at home unless they're exercising outdoors, sticking to their neighborhoods and within their household "bubbles."

caryking
Wayland said:

caryking said:

Daviewolf83 said:

packgrad said:

The mandate party is now going to recommend a 3rd shot. Science.

I will wait to see the science behind the recommendation, before I make a decision to get a booster at this time. Antibodies are interesting, but T-Cell response should still be strong, even as antibodies begin to diminish.

I did get the J&J vaccine, so I want to see specific studies with evidence that particular vaccine needs a booster inside of a year of my previous shot.
Based on what I read, the Phyzer has a 6 month efficacy rate. It starts weakening and a booster is needed. Some say they are doing this only for the money. Well, we all know money is involved; however, don't be blind to think that's all it is. They know it's true, so, they are pushing...

Remember, just a couple of weeks ago, the Biden admin (CDC also) said no booster is needed. Why the change now? Political? That's my opinion. Just a couple of weeks ago, Biden was talking like a mandate person. This is all you need to do. Just get vaccinated! The idea of a booster would have weaken his argument for the unvaccinated!!
It shows how little they know. I am sure they have been doing EXTENSIVE trials on boosters and their efficacy this whole time? Right?

8 months and boosters needed for everyone? From the same people that still won't admit that infection conferred immunity is real?

If we want to focus on immune compromise individuals, etc, and there is real demonstrable benefit. Alright.

But at this point, they are just throwing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Because they need the illusion of control... the need to LOOK like they are actually doing something.
I am sure they have been doing EXTENSIVE trials on boosters and their efficacy this whole time? Right?

I really don't know... To me, this is just a complete mess and doesn't convey confidence to people. Example: NYC Mayor has implemented a Vaccine Passport for restaurants, gyms, and entertainment facilities. What will that mean in a month? Your passport is only good, now, when you get the booster...

Who knows?

It's being reported that the Government is going to start recommending the booster in September...

Again, who knows?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
Daviewolf83 said:

bgr3 said:

metcalfmafia said:

A little known factoid - Duke tried to cancel ACC football last Fall. The wanted it moved to the Spring. They did not think it was safe to play, but got forced into it by the other schools. They let know fans attend any games all year, including the parents of the players. They were not allowed to attend any football games, including their last game of the year.
Kick them out of the ACC!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Wayland
caryking said:

Wayland said:

caryking said:

Daviewolf83 said:

packgrad said:

The mandate party is now going to recommend a 3rd shot. Science.

I will wait to see the science behind the recommendation, before I make a decision to get a booster at this time. Antibodies are interesting, but T-Cell response should still be strong, even as antibodies begin to diminish.

I did get the J&J vaccine, so I want to see specific studies with evidence that particular vaccine needs a booster inside of a year of my previous shot.
Based on what I read, the Phyzer has a 6 month efficacy rate. It starts weakening and a booster is needed. Some say they are doing this only for the money. Well, we all know money is involved; however, don't be blind to think that's all it is. They know it's true, so, they are pushing...

Remember, just a couple of weeks ago, the Biden admin (CDC also) said no booster is needed. Why the change now? Political? That's my opinion. Just a couple of weeks ago, Biden was talking like a mandate person. This is all you need to do. Just get vaccinated! The idea of a booster would have weaken his argument for the unvaccinated!!
It shows how little they know. I am sure they have been doing EXTENSIVE trials on boosters and their efficacy this whole time? Right?

8 months and boosters needed for everyone? From the same people that still won't admit that infection conferred immunity is real?

If we want to focus on immune compromise individuals, etc, and there is real demonstrable benefit. Alright.

But at this point, they are just throwing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Because they need the illusion of control... the need to LOOK like they are actually doing something.
I am sure they have been doing EXTENSIVE trials on boosters and their efficacy this whole time? Right?

I really don't know... To me, this is just a complete mess and doesn't convey confidence to people. Example: NYC Mayor has implemented a Vaccine Passport for restaurants, gyms, and entertainment facilities. What will that mean in a month? Your passport is only good, now, when you get the booster...

Who knows?

It's being reported that the Government is going to start recommending the booster in September...

Again, who knows?
There was major sarcasm in that bolded statement.

It is a complete **** show of 'science', these days.
Daviewolf83
statefan91 said:

That seems crazy considering the social distancing you can do at a normal Duke game
Oh I agree. I said that several times last year. In the early days of the season when we were not sure if parents would be allowed at any school, my wife was reaching out to parents at other schools to work together. We had people directly contacting Cooper on the behalf of parents. There was a lot going on behind the scenes that most of the casual fans had no idea was happening. We had direct parent contacts with the other ACC schools in the state and some of the larger non-ACC members.

Of all the parent groups, the Duke parents my wife was talking to were the most frustrated. It got to a point at Duke that the administration refused to meet with the parents. Allowing parents to attend their son's and daughter's games was not open for discussion. It was shocking to my wife and I, since our relationship and contact with the administration at Wake was and continues to be extremely good. We had numerous Zoom meetings leading up to the season with the coaches, health professionals, and administration and they were in full support for what we were doing. Duke parents, on the other hand, had no voice with their administrators.
packgrad
Explains a lot in regards to the city of Durham Covid response with Duke advising.
Wayland
So Guilford and Wake hospitalizations seem to be doing a little better than Meck and Forsyth.

Admission numbers fascinate me. Always the comparisons between Meck and Wake with similar population numbers but Meck having almost 4.5x the hospital admissions of Wake.

And what is going on in Moore. Such an outlier for their population size.

With the 8/17 data (change from 8/13) number of admissions previous 7 days.
Mecklenburg 278 (+62)
Forsyth 147 (+17)
Moore 81 (+5)
Wake 64 (-9)
Guilford 56 (+0)
Wayland
Wayland said:

Still waiting for the CDC and some other data to post, but case data continues to look promising. This is the first time during this wave that the 7 day average specimens by date of collection delta value for the 5 days prior to the current day shows a decrease.

Again, this is subject to backlog and will possibly flip to a small increase (and hopefully not huge delays or dumps out there)... but both Wake and Meck 'reported' fewer cases today than last Tuesday.

Not that these mandates do anything. But you have to appreciate waiting until just after the peak to do anything.

And again, covidestim tweaks every day....

PortCityPackFan
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Do you have numbers for New Hanover? Mask mandates were just implemented and I'm curious if we have peaked as well.
Wayland
PortCityPackFan said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Do you have numbers for New Hanover? Mask mandates were just implemented and I'm curious if we have peaked as well.
I mean, just about every county in NC is in some kind of growth decline. Growth decline has been going on for weeks. I still maintain statewide the infection peak was last week... it is just taking time for everything (case reporting and decline) to work its way through the system... especially as we are still increasing testing.

I'd be super careful with the covidestim stuff. Just models. Often okay to see trends, but they rerun the numbers for the models at least once a day... so backlogs or data disruptions seriously throw off their estimates.

wilmwolf
Sigh. I know for a fact that the increase in hospitalizations in New Hanover are coming largely from neighboring counties. But sure, let's do the mask dance again.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Glasswolf
Quick update. Daughter got tested Sunday and was negative. Symptoms got worse overnight. Had a 101.6 temp at 2:30 when she called me. Got tested and came back positive. Temp got as high as 103 mid morning. Body aches to boot. Tylenol and Motrin seem to be working some. Her mom just has a mild cough
Wayland
Glasswolf said:

Quick update. Daughter got tested Sunday and was negative. Symptoms got worse overnight. Had a 101.6 temp at 2:30 when she called me. Got tested and came back positive. Temp got as high as 103 mid morning. Body aches to boot. Tylenol and Motrin seem to be working some. Her mom just has a mild cough
Hoping for a quick recovery.
Wayland
wilmwolf80 said:

Sigh. I know for a fact that the increase in hospitalizations in New Hanover are coming largely from neighboring counties. But sure, let's do the mask dance again.
New Hanover was at 68 COVID admissions over a 7 day period with the last update. Good for 7th in the state (just ahead of Wake)
wilmwolf
Wayland said:

wilmwolf80 said:

New Hanover was at 68 COVID admissions over a 7 day period with the last update. Good for 7th in the state (just ahead of Wake)

And at least 12 of those were people from Columbus county, because I know all of them. Three of them passed in the last week.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Packchem91
Glasswolf said:

Hope she gets over it quickly.

Weird, but I personally know more people who've been infected with Covid over the past 2 weeks than during the previous 18 mos. I'd had indirect relations to more (my mom told me about some friend of hers, blah blah blah), but directly aware of 6 different people who got tested after exhibiting symptoms and tested positive in past few days.

One was vaccinated (she had some previous health issues and wanted to be), and her husband had just received his first vaccine. She said both of them have had the typical flu symptoms so far -- fever, chills, headaches, feel like hit by truck.

Other was family of 2 adults, 2 kids. Mom was nurse, but some other health issues that prevented her from getting vaccine, but also choose not to wear mask. She and kids spent time with friends at beach, one of whom was sick, and now all 4 of her family are. No updates on severity...originally she and one of her boys had bad flu symptoms.
Mormad
Daviewolf83 said:

Mormad said:

Combo of both
Thanks for the response. With regards to the use of the monoclonal antibodies, have you heard any information about how often they are being prescribed to patients? Is it minor number of patients or is there much broader use and dependent on patient age and case severity?

I'm sorry, i don't know the details
PackFansXL
Mormad said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Mormad said:

Combo of both
Thanks for the response. With regards to the use of the monoclonal antibodies, have you heard any information about how often they are being prescribed to patients? Is it minor number of patients or is there much broader use and dependent on patient age and case severity?
I'm sorry, i don't know the details
I only read about this treatment method sometime in the last couple of weeks. As I recall, the tone of the article indicated the treatment could be a major new tool in the fight to save those who are very ill with COVID. I am curious to know whether the thinking is accurate that this drug is a breakthrough that could reduce fears or is it just another minor player in the battle.
First Page Last Page
Page 352 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.