Coronavirus

2,007,715 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Werewolf
statefan91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have you looked into getting an antibody test?
statefan91
IseWolf22
Ripper said:

IseWolf22 said:

Ripper said:

I'll ask again in case anyone knows. What are the characteristics of the people now being hospitalized and now dying. Not vax status, but age, weight, and comorbidities. I'm trying to find out if healthy non obese people under 50 are being hospitalized and dying, with any real numbers. Not rare exceptions. Anyone know?

I talked to my brother this morning. He's an ER doc in SC and has shifts at a few different hospitals.

He said the ER is hell again. Plenty of covid patients. The worst ones who die or were at serious risk to die have all been old, obese, or had other comorbides.

There are younger, healthy people in the hospital, but they aren't the ones at death's door. Still they are sick enough to require hospitalization up to a week or so.
Thanks for the response. So no healthy younger people dying. Good to hear. Otherwise healthy people showing up at the hospital is similar to pre-covid Flu winters.
Yes, he did liken the cases in young/healthy people to a severe case of the Flu.

That said, it's advisable to get a Flu shot each year so this won't happen to you
Ripper
IseWolf22 said:

Ripper said:

IseWolf22 said:

Ripper said:

I'll ask again in case anyone knows. What are the characteristics of the people now being hospitalized and now dying. Not vax status, but age, weight, and comorbidities. I'm trying to find out if healthy non obese people under 50 are being hospitalized and dying, with any real numbers. Not rare exceptions. Anyone know?

I talked to my brother this morning. He's an ER doc in SC and has shifts at a few different hospitals.

He said the ER is hell again. Plenty of covid patients. The worst ones who die or were at serious risk to die have all been old, obese, or had other comorbides.

There are younger, healthy people in the hospital, but they aren't the ones at death's door. Still they are sick enough to require hospitalization up to a week or so.
Thanks for the response. So no healthy younger people dying. Good to hear. Otherwise healthy people showing up at the hospital is similar to pre-covid Flu winters.
Yes, he did liken the cases in young/healthy people to a severe case of the Flu.

That said, it's advisable to get a Flu shot each year so this won't happen to you
LOL, the Flu shot struggles every season to match the primary strains. This will be the future for Covid shots, every year.
PackPA2015
Ripper said:

IseWolf22 said:

Ripper said:

IseWolf22 said:

Ripper said:

LOL, the Flu shot struggles every season to match the primary strains. This will be the future for Covid shots, every year.
It actually does not appear to be that way. Antibodies/T-cells will likely last years, so think more along the lines of a tetanus booster. The only boosters that should be recommended at this point based on the data are for immunosuppressed individuals. Think those patients on drugs for rheumatoid arthritis, autoimmune diseases, chemotherapy, etc.

Even the CDC is not recommending boosters except for immunocompromised. Only recommendation has come from the Pfizer CEO and we all know why he recommended it.
Daviewolf83
Below is a graph showing total cases (last 14 days) per 10,0000 people and the total fully vaccinated per 10,000 people for each county in NC. The average number of cases per county (14 day total) is 11.68 cases If you compare the top 20 fully vaccinated counties to the bottom 20 vaccinated counties, you will see the following:

- For the Top 20 Vaccinated counties, only 4 counties have case totals (per 10,000 people) above the average of 11.68 cases
- For the Bottom 20 Vaccinated, a total of 12 counties have case totals (per 10,000 people) above the average of 11.68 cases

Ripper
PackPA2015 said:

Ripper said:

IseWolf22 said:

Ripper said:

IseWolf22 said:

Ripper said:

It actually does not appear to be that way. Antibodies/T-cells will likely last years, so think more along the lines of a tetanus booster. The only boosters that should be recommended at this point based on the data are for immunosuppressed individuals. Think those patients on drugs for rheumatoid arthritis, autoimmune diseases, chemotherapy, etc.

Even the CDC is not recommending boosters except for immunocompromised. Only recommendation has come from the Pfizer CEO and we all know why he recommended it.
Unfortunately, Pharma (money) and lefty politics will collide and overpower the current recommendations. Just wait until full FDA approval. Booster here, booster there, booster everywhere!
PackPA2015
Yeah, obviously, I cannot predict what politicians will do, but that's where good primary care providers come in. Have the one-on-one conversation with your provider about these things.

There are many healthcare providers, whether primary care, infectious disease, etc., that would not recommend boosters based on the data that we currently have. I think at the end of the day that this will win out at least at the local levels.
PackMom
PackPA2015 said:

Ripper said:

IseWolf22 said:

Ripper said:

IseWolf22 said:

Ripper said:

Wonder if they'll recommend that you get the booster from Pfizer if you had Moderna first and vice versa.
PackPA2015
They are studying that and have not had any issues with giving a different brand booster as compared to your original vaccine so far.
caryking
Let me try and bring everyone together on a common hatred...

So, Fauci is being questioned hard about the Gain of Function research, by Rand Paul. The person that is heavily involved in the whole mess is Ralph Barrick, at UNC. I think it's highly possible that his research was handed over to the Wuhon Lab. I don't know, yet, that his research and/or the funding by the NIH supported this COVID virus; however, we may see UNC get rattled for their involvement...

So, let's all come together to bring down UNC!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Daviewolf83
I created the chart below to show the difference in the average number of people per day being hospitalized for Covid (by age group) for the Winter Wave (November thru February) and the current Summer Wave (7/1 to 7/19). As you can see, the average number of daily hospital admissions is significantly lower for the Summer Wave when compared to the Winter Wave. I believe this graph does a good job of showing the effective the vaccines are having on the hospitalization numbers in North Carolina.

EDIT NOTE: I found an error in the 80+ age group, (all other age groups are correct) and the chart has been updated to reflect the update for the 80+ age group. The error did not affect the overall message of the chart which is - vaccinations significantly reduce hospitalizations. To read the chart, the top x-axis is for the Winter Wave (blue bars) and the bottom x-axis is for the Summer Wave (orange bars).

RDUwolfpack
GuerrillaPack said:

I despise Ben Shapiro, as he is a fake conservative RINO shill, but this point must be regularly made. There are many other causes of death FAR greater than the Wu flu. The current level of alleged deaths from covid is much less than even the regular flu.

https://instagr.am/p/CRpvnJ3t472

But let's just freak out and go back under lockdown and have vaccine passports and face diaper mandates again because the communist Lamestream media has a new story about a "covid surge" every 2 minutes.
lol @ RINO comment.

If Shapiro isn't conservative idk who is
acslater1344
Daviewolf83 said:

Below is a graph showing total cases (last 14 days) per 10,0000 people and the total fully vaccinated per 10,000 people for each county in NC. The average number of cases per county (14 day total) is 11.68 cases If you compare the top 20 fully vaccinated counties to the bottom 20 vaccinated counties, you will see the following:

- For the Top 20 Vaccinated counties, only 4 counties have case totals (per 10,000 people) above the average of 11.68 cases
- For the Bottom 20 Vaccinated, a total of 12 counties have case totals (per 10,000 people) above the average of 11.68 cases

I imagine if this were to be adjusted for population density, the numbers would be even stronger in terms of showing vaccinations are doing what they were designed to do.
Daviewolf83
acslater1344 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

I imagine if this were to be adjusted for population density, the numbers would be even stronger in terms of showing vaccinations are doing what they were designed to do.

I agree, although a lot of NC is still very rural. I think the graph I just posted a few minutes ago demonstrates very clearly the effect the vaccines are having on hospitalizations. I prefer to look at hospitalizations, since the case numbers can be so dependent on testing in different areas of the state.
caryking
RDUwolfpack said:

GuerrillaPack said:

I despise Ben Shapiro, as he is a fake conservative RINO shill, but this point must be regularly made. There are many other causes of death FAR greater than the Wu flu. The current level of alleged deaths from covid is much less than even the regular flu.

https://instagr.am/p/CRpvnJ3t472

But let's just freak out and go back under lockdown and have vaccine passports and face diaper mandates again because the communist Lamestream media has a new story about a "covid surge" every 2 minutes.
lol @ RINO comment.

If Shapiro isn't conservative idk who is
I think what's being said is: Shapiro isn't a MAGA person. He certainly has a conservative/libertarian stance; however, the weakness he has is that he aligns more closely to the Elite Globalist.

If one is aligned with the Elite Globalist, then there rhetoric is only that... rhetoric! In that vein, I agree with GP!!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
ciscopack
Oldsouljer
statefan91 said:

Have you looked into getting an antibody test?
Wanted to, but couldn't find where to do it. My workplace offered real time tests but of course, that only tells if you actually have it. Too late now, have been vaxxed.
packgrad
Pretty clear there is an outbreak amongst the vaccinated in the White House.

packgrad
Greatly concerned. About the politicization, and not following science.

Packchem91
Observation on flight this morningall were wearing masks (mostly correctly), but then the stewardess, having trouble hearing the passenger in front of me, leans across the other two passengers to get closer. I made sure to speak real loudly when she got to me

I'm thinking that can't be defined in the Covid prevention playbook

OTOH, first time around a bunch of people in masks again, forgot how difficult it is to hear others speak
Packchem91
Packgrad: you mentioned cheering Covid cases the other day.
Here is what that condition looks likethis is almost literal dancing on the grave kind of cheering here

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/24/us/hillsong-church-stephen-harmon-covid-vaccine/index.html

TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

Observation on flight this morningall were wearing masks (mostly correctly), but then the stewardess, having trouble hearing the passenger in front of me, leans across the other two passengers to get closer. I made sure to speak real loudly when she got to me

OTOH, first time around a bunch of people in masks again, forgot how difficult it is to hear others speak
Still have to wear masks on flights and in the airports. FAA.
hokiewolf
If you won't listen to OJ, who will you listen to? I'm just sayin'!

statefan91
Davie do you have any idea what this means? I know you have written about PCR testing levels and things like that but I can't understand if that is related to this: https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html
Mormad
hokiewolf said:

If you won't submit, then you must quit?
wilmwolf
hokiewolf said:

He cuts through the BS and gets straight to the point.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
packgrad
hokiewolf said:

A beacon of knowledge of health safety for white women.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

Had one on for about 12 hrs straight - flights, airports, and long bus ride to the community serving in. Reminds me of the blessing of not normally wearing one
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

Had one on for about 12 hrs straight - flights, airports, and long bus ride to the community serving in. Reminds me of the blessing of not normally wearing one

Freaking awful. Sorry man. Only had to wear one about 4 hours for a trip to NY, including travel time and airport time in both locations, and it sucked. Saw a dude with a mask that said "this mask does nothing" and clapped.
packgrad
The masked Olympics are tough to watch. Thinking it won't be something I purse much further as the virtue signaling does nothing for me.

I think they should make the swimmers wear the masks in the pool too. somebody could die if not.
packgrad
And then we win 1,2 and suck me back in. Damn you success!!!!
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

Freaking awful. Sorry man. Only had to wear one about 4 hours for a trip to NY, including travel time and airport time in both locations, and it sucked. Saw a dude with a mask that said "this mask does nothing" and clapped.

This was my first flight since last July. Both flights today were full and the two big airports we spent a lot of time in (CLT and MIA) were both incredibly crowded. But people were more compliant today than a year ago. Back then, lots of folks didn't wear them, and the airline ignored. Today, I didn't see anyone in any location w/o one, except when eating / drinking.

Here in Honduras, will be interesting to aee. We're going up to some mountain locations that are very remote and have had no known cases of Covid (but have still suffered mightily from back-to-back hurricanes that cut them off from world).
Oldsouljer
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

Precisely why I will not fly while they adhere to this nonsense
DrummerboyWolf
Just put this in the Olympic thread too.

John Rahm and Bryson DeChambeau both had to withdraw from the Olympics for testing positive. Both have been fully vaccinated I believe and still test positive. Something wrong with the testing. Oh yeah the CDC just announced that they are going to discontinue the PCR test, which has been flawed from the start.

[url=https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html][/url]https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html?fbclid=IwAR2oUZbeeSq7IFE-Zv_493ntAi2GZtL7qeBlJ7C_JIrSVdSLiRTrFZJOxnY

Of course George Soros and Bill Gates are part of a consortium to buy a U.K. testing service. No coincidence in that is there?

https://gab.com/Gruvedawg/posts/106639277770887684
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
First Page Last Page
Page 317 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.