Coronavirus

2,000,516 Views | 19842 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Werewolf
Oldsouljer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think it's important to look at Fauci's total body of work across the decades to gain a full perspective of the facts. And the fact is, liberals were excoriating him for people dying of AIDS while he was slow-walking researching new potentially life saving meds decades ago, for no explicable good reason. And in hindsight, they had a point. If you're honest, regardless of your political persuasion, you have to come to the conclusion that this creature has been a disaster for this country and you have to call into question, why the system failed so badly that someone like him has been allowed to continue in government service for so long.
dogplasma
Excellent post. I think #14 is the real punchline. We'll likely never know if the virus came from a Wuhan lab, and even if it did, what would we do about it from a practical standpoint besides some strongly worded demands that China improve procedures? I'm not saying answers aren't important but I think our energies are better spent on cleaning up our own house - making sure we're better prepared for the next virus that's sure to come.
dogplasma
The talk about virus engineering does make me wonder if the capability exists in a lab with state resources to design a virus that's not only lethal but targeted at some specific population. For example, could you make a virus that only affects people of European heritage or one that only targets middle eastern men over a certain age? Biological weapon capability like that would probably signal the decline of humanity, but it doesn't seem that far fetched, which is what scares me. This sort of thing has been the subject of some good sci fi novels like "The White Plague" and "Wool" and maybe "The Postman" (it's been a while on that last one). Those are all worth a read, btw.
wilmwolf
dogplasma said:

The talk about virus engineering does make me wonder if the capability exists in a lab with state resources to design a virus that's not only lethal but targeted at some specific population. For example, could you make a virus that only affects people of European heritage or one that only targets middle eastern men over a certain age? Biological weapon capability like that would probably signal the decline of humanity, but it doesn't seem that far fetched, which is what scares me. This sort of thing has been the subject of some good sci fi novels like "The White Plague" and "Wool" and maybe "The Postman" (it's been a while on that last one). Those are all worth a read, btw.
Honestly, sometimes it seems as though science is hell bent on making the worst fears of science fiction writers come true. Like every sci fi writer forever has written about AI bringing about the downfall of humanity, and what do we do, we barrel ahead with AI. There needs to be checks and balances somehow, and when the risks of research, in this case gain of function research, possibly outweigh any benefits, then it doesn't need to occur.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wayland
Trying to make sense of DHHS's new useless color coding.

So Wake hospitals are at 'Medium Impact' keeping it solid yellow. While Durham is at 'Slight Impact'.

Quote:

How is hospital impact measured?Hospital impact is based on a composite score of four measures:
1. Percent of hospitalizations from COVID-19
2. COVID-19 related visits to the Emergency Department
3. Total number of open beds for which the hospital has people to staff*
4. Critical Staffing Shortages

Looking at the HHS dataset for hospitals, let's compare the two.

1. Wake 3%, Durham 3%
2. Confirmed COVID Admissions last 7 days: Wake 15, Durham 17
3. Wake % (all) inpatient beds occupied 84%. % STAFFED ICU beds occupied 83%
Durham % (all) inpatient beds occupied 88%. % STAFFED ICU beds occupied 86%
4. Not publicly available.

By metrics 1-3 Wake is equal to or exceeds Durham.

I'd like to see the raw data on how the final metric is calculated and how each value is being weight. I know it is all junk anyway and these county 'colors' were ignored as soon as they were posted. But I remain curious.

If you want to look at the trash report yourself:

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/media/868/download
packgrad

TheStorm
^ C'mon man! What a cockamamie right-wing conspiracy theory... and maybe, just maybe the Executive Branch should have been able to close our major points of entry to return flights from China early on like they attempted to do but were overruled and called... wait for it... "racist"!

Edited to add: the virus would have made it here anyway, but maybe it would have given us a little more time to prepare for it as best as possible... and maybe not as many nursing home deaths in New York (every single life was supposed to matter, right?).
BBW12OG
What is obvious is that the lefties have totally abandoned this thread completely. There is one that has mad a post or two totally denying the fact that he was one of the main ones calling the "loony Trumpers" conspiracy theorists.

As more comes out, and it is by the day, the lefties will definitely have some reckoning to deal with.

Enjoy comrades...you deserve all you that is coming.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Wayland
681 hospitalizations with a 'full' 97% reporting.

2.8% pos statewide for NC. Under 3% for the first time (still hate the metric).

Case decline continues.

Packchem91
^Specific to my home of Union County....things continue to get better.

Current number / end of April

Fully Vaccinated: 34% / 21%
Positive test: 3.6% / 7.3%
Active cases: 260 / 753
Hospitalizations: 14 / 22

In the last couple of days, only 10 new cases for county residents. And after schools began 5-days / week versus each kid there only 1 day a week, no appreciable increase in cases reported (based on email notifications from school of kids reported positive).
TheStorm
Wayland said:

681 hospitalizations with a 'full' 97% reporting.

2.8% pos statewide for NC. Under 3% for the first time (still hate the metric).

Case decline continues.

And the best part is we know that the "real" numbers are much better than that even...
BBW12OG
So Chem is it still a right wing conspiracy theory made up by Trumpies that the virus was man made???? Noticed you haven't acknowledged any of the new information about the lab leak.

Wonder why that is? It won't take much digging to remind folks what you and your lefty buddies have said in the past.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Packchem91
BBW12OG said:

So Chem is it still a right wing conspiracy theory made up by Trumpies that the virus was man made???? Noticed you haven't acknowledged any of the new information about the lab leak.

Wonder why that is? It won't take much digging to remind folks what you and your lefty buddies have said in the past.

Again, its difficult to have an adult conversation if you choose not to be informed or actually pay attention to what someone says. Also, two things can be true at the same time.....some Trump zealots (and Trump himself) could absolutely have gone overboard with conspiracy theories AND we should have always been very wary of anything the Chinese government said.
I've said from very early on in this thread the media / left have gone way too far with fear mongering and basically said some things just out of sheer anti-Trump.

The one thing I pushed back on a year ago was where some here were adamant that the only reason NC shut down was to hurt Trump. I thought that was silly (or , if correct, really misjudged) because of course people would / should blame the person who made that decision, just like we're seeing in Cali with the attempted recall.

So please, spend your time going back and looking at my postings in this thread.

Civilized
BBW12OG said:

If you're going to call people out on some sort of revenge tour, have the courtesy to quote exactly what they said and respond to it rather than generalizing and almost certainly mischaracterizing.
BBW12OG
Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

If you're going to call people out on some sort of revenge tour, have the courtesy to quote exactly what they said and respond to it rather than generalizing and almost certainly mischaracterizing.
Are you ever going to contribute anything to a discussion? You have some stalker issues.

Here's some advice. Put me on ignore. I tend to ignore most if not everything you post because it is pointless to try and debate someone like you. The minute you are proven wrong you run and hide.

Go pound sand.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
IseWolf22
Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Again, its difficult to have an adult conversation if you choose not to be informed or actually pay attention to what someone says. Also, two things can be true at the same time.....some Trump zealots (and Trump himself) could absolutely have gone overboard with conspiracy theories AND we should have always been very wary of anything the Chinese government said.
I've said from very early on in this thread the media / left have gone way too far with fear mongering and basically said some things just out of sheer anti-Trump.

The one thing I pushed back on a year ago was where some here were adamant that the only reason NC shut down was to hurt Trump. I thought that was silly (or , if correct, really misjudged) because of course people would / should blame the person who made that decision, just like we're seeing in Cali with the attempted recall.

So please, spend your time going back and looking at my postings in this thread.

I'm really hoping he does. He won't find all the windmills he's tilting at
Cthepack
Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

Cive please stop encouraging a copy and paste campaign in this thread. You did it once before and agreed not to.
BBW12OG
Ha.... another one gut hooked...

Notice you have been awfully quiet on the recent turn of events comrade. Wonder why?
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Civilized
Cthepack said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

Cive please stop encouraging a copy and paste campaign in this thread. You did it once before and agreed not to.

Erroneous, and unreasonable.

I agreed to not get into a personal pissing match when Storm and BBW misrepresent what I say by having an extended one-on-one back-and-forth with them that derails the thread. And that's not at all what I'm doing here.

It's very reasonable to ask BBW and Storm to respond to what people actually say, instead of these ad hominem red strawman drive-by's that they do where they mischaracterize or completely fabricate what other posters have said.

It's a simple and reasonable request. If you want to call someone out, quote them and call out their specific words.
Cthepack
Civilized said:

Cthepack said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

I agreed to not get into a personal pissing match when Storm and BBW misrepresent what I say by having an extended one-on-one back-and-forth with them that derails the thread. And that's not at all what I'm doing here.

It's very reasonable to ask BBW and Storm to respond to what people actually say, instead of these ad hominem red strawman drive-by's that they do where they mischaracterize or completely fabricate what other posters have said.

It's a simple and reasonable request. If you want to call someone out, quote them and call out their specific words.

Please do it in private !!
Glasswolf
BBW12OG said:

What is obvious is that the lefties have totally abandoned this thread completely. There is one that has mad a post or two totally denying the fact that he was one of the main ones calling the "loony Trumpers" conspiracy theorists.

As more comes out, and it is by the day, the lefties will definitely have some reckoning to deal with.

Actually the owners of this site have basically advised everyone to let about 3 of you do what you want without getting to overboard. Some of you have already been perma-banned from PP. Eventually you will run out of message boards to post stuff.

That's why I've stopped moderating and commenting a lot on this forum
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

WarrenPeace
Glasswolf said:

BBW12OG said:

Actually the owners of this site have basically advised everyone to let about 3 of you do what you want without getting to overboard. Some of you have already been perma-banned from PP. Eventually you will run out of message boards to post stuff.

Well, to be fair, they've never said anything as bad as what you have. So, if you're still here, they should be too.
Glasswolf
Ya never know who might have a ownership stake in a message board like this do ya.

PackFansXL
Packchem91 said:

In the last couple of days, only 10 new cases for county residents. And after schools began 5-days / week versus each kid there only 1 day a week, no appreciable increase in cases reported (based on email notifications from school of kids reported positive).

Please remind me where in Union County you reside.

My folks are in the Marshville area and they continue to ignore my pleas to get at least one vaccination. Fortunately their likelihood of exposure appears to be low, but I wish they would get one shot just to reduce the likelihood that an actual exposure is life threatening.
WarrenPeace
Glasswolf said:

Ya never know who might have a ownership stake in a message board like this do ya.

Either that or you got some serious dirt on somebody
BBW12OG
WarrenPeace said:

Glasswolf said:

Either that or you got some serious dirt on somebody
Or they understand that just because liberals control 95% of the media doesn't mean there isn't room for more than one opinion. If some had it their way it would be a liberal echo chamber. Fact.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
WPNfamily
Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

Hahaha revenge tour made me laugh out loud and I usually agree with BBW's thoughts.

Hey BBW, I don't dislike what you stand for but you honestly are about as subtle as a rattlesnake.
Glasswolf
That could include posters also

hokiewolf
Glasswolf said:

BBW12OG said:

. It's nice to be one of the three!
WarrenPeace
hokiewolf said:

Glasswolf said:

BBW12OG said:

. It's nice to be one of the three!

Yeah, who are the three?
packgrad
Remember when we were told the AAP is not a political organization? Classic.

Lunacy.

Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

Packchem91 said:

Please remind me where in Union County you reside.

My folks are in the Marshville area and they continue to ignore my pleas to get at least one vaccination. Fortunately their likelihood of exposure appears to be low, but I wish they would get one shot just to reduce the likelihood that an actual exposure is life threatening.
Home of Randy Travis!
I live in Marvin, right in that area of UC that is about a mile from Meck Cty, and a mile from the SC border.

My parents are in Stallings, and they both got their shots in the first wave (they both turn 80 this year) at the UC Health Department. That was months ago, but at the time, they raved about how efficient it was.
And yes, its a simple thing to do to reduce risk. 34% of pop fully vaccinated seems surprisingly low, TBH.
packgrad
TheStorm
Civilized said:

Cthepack said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

Cockamamie "right wing conspiracy theory"...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/covid-origins-whistleblower-wuhan-lab-jamie-metzl
Civilized
TheStorm said:

Cockamamie "right wing conspiracy theory"...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/covid-origins-whistleblower-wuhan-lab-jamie-metzl

Hahaha. Touche. Happy Friday, brother.
First Page Last Page
Page 284 of 567

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.