Coronavirus

2,004,189 Views | 19847 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Werewolf
waynecountywolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack said:

When they claim a vaccine is "98%" effective or whatever, that doesn't mean that "98%" of the people taking the vaccine are going to be immune from a virus. They measure and claim "effectiveness" by some other standards, including if the vaccine causes a person to produce anti-bodies. But that doesn't mean that the person is now immune from the disease. A person will produce anti-bodies whenever any number of toxins are introduced into their body, including the many harmful substances in vaccines (including aluminum, mercury, formaldehyde, etc).

They have hardly even tested this so-called "vaccine". It was rushed to the market, and not properly tested. It is now causing many people to have severe adverse reactions. Several of the guinea pigs who took these vaccines died during the rushed testing phase.
Guinea pigs must have gotten the placebo.
I am just here for the conspiracy theories
Mormad
waynecountywolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

When they claim a vaccine is "98%" effective or whatever, that doesn't mean that "98%" of the people taking the vaccine are going to be immune from a virus. They measure and claim "effectiveness" by some other standards, including if the vaccine causes a person to produce anti-bodies. But that doesn't mean that the person is now immune from the disease. A person will produce anti-bodies whenever any number of toxins are introduced into their body, including the many harmful substances in vaccines (including aluminum, mercury, formaldehyde, etc).

They have hardly even tested this so-called "vaccine". It was rushed to the market, and not properly tested. It is now causing many people to have severe adverse reactions. Several of the guinea pigs who took these vaccines died during the rushed testing phase.
Guinea pigs must have gotten the placebo.

Haha, that guess is actually correct for 2/3. Great job, brother!!
Mormad
But don't fret, the spin will continue no matter how unsound.

When a covid positive person dies of a heart attack, it's the MI that took em.

When a person dies of an MI during the trial period, it's the vaccine that took em.
waynecountywolf
https://www.wral.com/fact-check-no-the-covid-19-vaccines-don-t-have-toxins/19442886/
When the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine received emergency use authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Dec. 11, its ingredient list was published online in a fact sheet for recipients and caregivers. The list includes mRNA, lipids, salts, sugar and saline solution.

None of the supposedly toxic ingredients listed in the Facebook post appears in the list.
waynecountywolf
GuerrillaPack said:

https://www.wral.com/fact-check-no-the-covid-19-vaccines-don-t-have-toxins/19442886/
When the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine received emergency use authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Dec. 11, its ingredient list was published online in a fact sheet for recipients and caregivers. The list includes mRNA, lipids, salts, sugar and saline solution.

None of the supposedly toxic ingredients listed in the Facebook post appears in the list.
Mormad
It's the polyethylene glycol that's the worry with allergic reactions/anaphylaxis. These reactions are less rare than with other vaccines it appears, so it's being looked at and discussed. Nothing confirmed yet. But you can get anaphylaxis with aspirin, bee stings and peanut butter, and these vaccines have a much higher probability of reducing morbidity and mortality of covid than they do causing serious adverse reactions and death.
statefan91
RunsWithWolves26 said:

statefan91 said:

Just got a positive result via a CVS test I took on Thursday - feel fine but sense of smell is diminished.

Hate to hear that brother. Please keep us updated!

Thanks - hard to know what to do with the kids and wife and whether I'm supposed to leave or if it's likely too late for them with the exposure since Thursday at least
RunsWithWolves26
statefan91 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

statefan91 said:

Just got a positive result via a CVS test I took on Thursday - feel fine but sense of smell is diminished.

Thanks - hard to know what to do with the kids and wife and whether I'm supposed to leave or if it's likely too late for them with the exposure since Thursday at least

Have they been tested? I've seen it where everyone got it and I've seen it where nobody else got it. So hard to predict brother. Praying for you and the entire family.
PackMom
Mormad said:

It's the polyethylene glycol that's the worry with allergic reactions/anaphylaxis. These reactions are less rare than with other vaccines it appears, so it's being looked at and discussed. Nothing confirmed yet. But you can get anaphylaxis with aspirin, bee stings and peanut butter, and these vaccines have a much higher probability of reducing morbidity and mortality of covid than they do causing serious adverse reactions and death.
Does that mean if we have tolerated overdosing on that stuff for a colonoscopy that we probably won't react to it in the vaccine?
PackMom
statefan91 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

statefan91 said:

Sorry to hear that. A cousin of mine and most of the family had it - both parents had positive tests, two of the kids tested negative but had antibodies, and one kid was negative for both. In another state and the kids were in school - doctors think one of the kids brought it home.
statefan91
RunsWithWolves26 said:

statefan91 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

statefan91 said:

Have they been tested? I've seen it where everyone got it and I've seen it where nobody else got it. So hard to predict brother. Praying for you and the entire family.

They all tested negative for their tests on Thursday (when I got mine, we had been exposed to someone). They're going to get retested again tomorrow / Tuesday so we'll see.
Daviewolf83
statefan91 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

statefan91 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

statefan91 said:

They all tested negative for their tests on Thursday (when I got mine, we had been exposed to someone). They're going to get retested again tomorrow / Tuesday so we'll see.
Based on my neighbor's experience a couple of months ago, it is probably too late to separate the household and all would need to quarantine for two weeks. This is what the people advised when she became infected. In my neighbor's case, she and one daughter were positive. Her husband and other daughter never became infected, but they all quarantined for two weeks. The one daughter who became infected was asymptomatic through her entire infection period.

I hope you recover quickly, with no major effects and the rest of your family does not become infected.
Daviewolf83
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Sorry to interrupt the thread for a moment but grandma says hey y'all. She is still doing well and we are hoping she gets to come home soon. Still asymptomatic and hasn't run a fever yet. Thanks for the prayers.
I don't mind the interruption for good news like this. It sounds like your grandmother may end up beating this disease. Keeping her and your family in my prayers.
Daviewolf83
statefan91 said:

This is good news for the UK. The US trial for the AstraZeneca vaccine is still ongoing, with results expected at the end of January. If results are good, they should be able to apply for EUA in early February and approval would be expected mid to late February. This timeline would align closely to the timing of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
packgrad
BBW12OG
packgrad said:

So his "follow the science" democrat followers were following a best guess from a life long democrat that has shown nothing short of blatant incompetence since day one? Yeah... the "party of science.." my ass. Again, not one of the democrats or "moderate" here has answered the gender or beating heart question I posed when it comes to science. HYPOCRITES. The whole damn lot of them.
Mormad
PackMom said:

Mormad said:

Does that mean if we have tolerated overdosing on that stuff for a colonoscopy that we probably won't react to it in the vaccine?

Every human has been exposed, and the overwhelming majority will be fine. Even those with antibodies to PEG are ok most of the time.
Mormad
packgrad said:

Just my 2 cents:

It's absolutely impossible for any human to know the exact percentage of the population that needs to be immune to achieve herd immunity to covid-19. It's simply ridiculous that THIS is a story. The best any human can do, especially given a novel virus that is still being studied, is to offer a best estimate that should be EXPECTED to be fluid. Again, medical science uses hard core science to learn, but the practice of medicine is a series of very educated "guesses" based on judgment, training, experience, and knowledge. The fact that this particular issue is reported makes the reporter look uninformed MUCH MUCH MUCH moreso than it makes Fauci look dishonest. Does anybody really believe any human can KNOW the exact number it'll take, and truly believe that number is NOT subject to change as more is learned over time?

Discovering the spike protein is "science," determining herd immunity is "best guess" even if a highly educated, highly informed guess. I'm having a difficult time understanding how it could be expected to be any other way.

Note that i never argued that dems aren't hypocrites
PackPA2015
Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Just my 2 cents:

It's absolutely impossible for any human to know the exact percentage of the population that needs to be immune to achieve herd immunity to covid-19. It's simply ridiculous that THIS is a story. The best any human can do, especially given a novel virus that is still being studied, is to offer a best estimate that should be EXPECTED to be fluid. Again, medical science uses hard core science to learn, but the practice of medicine is a series of very educated "guesses" based on judgment, training, experience, and knowledge. The fact that this particular issue is reported makes the reporter look uninformed MUCH MUCH MUCH moreso than it makes Fauci look dishonest. Does anybody really believe any human can KNOW the exact number it'll take, and truly believe that number is NOT subject to change as more is learned over time?

Discovering the spike protein is "science," determining herd immunity is "best guess" even if a highly educated, highly informed guess. I'm having a difficult time understanding how it could be expected to be any other way.
Hit the nail on the head, Mormad. None of us can know that answer. We are using educated guessing to come up with that. It will continue to change as all information about COVID continues to change on a daily basis. Again, we have a ways to go to really get this thing under control.

Adding more info to a previous post I had made, now 3 out 5 hospitals (increase from 2/5) within an hour driving distance from where I work are now on diversion, meaning they have no more room in their ERs or on their med-surg floors, and are sending patients elsewhere.
wilmwolf
I haven't read the article linked above, but I thought the problem with what Fauci said in the interview was not that he was guessing. Much of science is educated guesses based on available data. The thing that stood out was that he seemed to admit that he changed his estimate in a conscious effort to affect people's behavior, not because the data changed. Was he wrong to do that? Maybe not, maybe that's what is needed, but it seems irrepressible to admit that in the face of a lot of people questioning what you are doing.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
packgrad
Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Just my 2 cents:

Note that i never argued that dems aren't hypocrites
It seems to me the issue is his guesstimate is determined by whatever is politically expedient at the time, not science.

""When polls said only about half of all Americans would take a vaccine, I was saying herd immunity would take 70 to 75 percent," Dr. Fauci said. "Then, when newer surveys said 60 percent or more would take it, I thought, 'I can nudge this up a bit,' so I went to 80, 85."

That seems to be a trend with him throughout this pandemic.
BBW12OG
The fact he is a regular on CNN tells you ALL you need to know about him. He had/has an agenda. Wait until Sleepy and Willie's Side Piece take over. All of a sudden you will see the economies open up and the businesses to go back to normal. They are waiting on January 21st to let everyone know that "all is well" because we now have democrats in the White House. This more than anything should show intelligent Americans where the priorities of democrats actually lie.
packgrad
Mormad said:

PackMom said:

Mormad said:

Every human has been exposed, and the overwhelming majority will be fine. Even those with antibodies to PEG are ok most of the time.
Sounds like the coronavirus.
Mormad
packgrad said:

Mormad said:

PackMom said:

Mormad said:

Sounds like the coronavirus.

Haha, there's definitely some truth in that statement, friend.
Mormad
Yeah, i thought that was a little odd, but it honestly doesn't really bother me. At least not enough to report on it. So, he's trying to alter behavior. Which in this particular case, big deal. But the goal of the headline was to make him look stupid or dishonest by stating he's following "whims" and "guestimates" instead of science, which to me reveals a lack of understanding by those looking for a story.
Mormad
http://send.docwirenews.com/link.cfm?r=ctC7D29ePbhEhi4zMu6NrQ~~&pe=MT4fbE1OyDEOhxKdcqbFge_WBlYyw0pD2B6y_CCS09iN7vtfElTtMS7NJu6BzwWxzlQs2Yd9EGadWldgt9Di_g~~&t=eRAu3idlXNzx98PiqnFQ0g~~

NYT article adds some context here
packgrad
Thanks for the link. I especially liked this part.

"Even if Dr. Fauci is right and it will take 85 or even 90 percent herd immunity to completely stop coronavirus transmission, Dr. Lipsitch said, "we can still defang the virus sooner than that."

He added: "We don't have to have zero transmission in order to have a decent society. We have lots of diseases, like flu, transmitting all the time, and we don't shut down society for that. If we can vaccinate almost all the people who are most at risk of severe outcomes, then this would become a milder disease."

Hopefully we are on our way to getting that done.
PackMom
Mormad said:

PackMom said:

Mormad said:

Thank you.
Daviewolf83
I hope everyone had a very good holiday. Even though there was a holiday, we have had some news over the past few days and I thought it would be helpful to summarize. Also, I have not provided any stats for a couple of weeks, so I thought that would be helpful as well.

- Just before the Christmas holiday, the US government provided some good news. As discussed previously, the government had been negotiating with Pfizer for 100 million additional doses of their Covid-19 vaccine. The good news is the government has reached an agreement and we will have an additional 100 million doses available, starting in the May/June time period. This will bring the total number of doses available from Pfizer to 200 million.

- While we have been having a holiday, the vaccine distribution has continued and the CDC now estimates that 9.5 million doses of vaccines have been distributed and 1,944,585 people have been immunize. Since these figures have not been updated since 12/26, I believe it is safe to say that over 10 million doses have been distributed and over 2 million people have been vaccinated.

- A recent poll indicated that at least 80% of the people, when asked, said they would get vaccinated for Covid-19 when it becomes available. This is good news.

- As mentioned in posts yesterday, the AstraZeneca vaccine candidate study is close to concluding in the UK an the results should be published shortly. Based on this latest news, it is possible the UK will have an additional vaccine available in a couple of weeks. As far as the US is concerned, the study is still underway and it is expected to conclude in late January. Based on this timing, it is possible AstraZeneca will file for an EUA in early February and if everything goes well, it could be approved by mid to late February. Through Operation Warp Speed, the US will have access to 300 million doses of this vaccine, once it is approved.

- In a study recently published by four professors from the University of Florida's Department of Biostatistics, they performed a meta-analysis of 54 studies looking at the secondary attack (# of new cases among contacts divided by the total number of contacts) rate of Covid-19. The study found a few interesting things:

• Covid-19 is more contagious than other coronviruses with a secondary attack rate of 16.6%. This is compared to 7.5% for SARS-CoV and 4.7% for MERS-CoV.
  • The rate of asymptomatic and presymptomatic attack rates was 0.7% (95% CI 0%-4.9%). The researchers concluded the secondary attack rate for asymptomatic people is "not statistically different from zero."

What does this study imply? It implies asymptomatic people and presymptomatic people are NOT responsible for the majority of the Covid-19 spread. Remember we have been told that we need to wear a mask to protect us from asymptomatic people who do not know they are infectious and to prevent spreading the virus if we are asymptomatic. If this study is accurate, we do not need to worry so much about asymptomatic people spreading Covid-19. The focus should be on keeping symptomatic people isolated and people who live with infected individuals should also stay isolated for 14 days.

- Estimates indicate that wearing a mask can decrease your chance of becoming infected with Covid-19 by 65%. Estimates indicated social distancing can decrease your chances of contracting Covid-19 by 90%. Too many people think if you wear a mask, you do not have to social distance. Even if you are wearing a mask, you must social distance.

- In looking at the latest hospitalization statistics for NC, it is clear the vast majority of people who require hospitalization are over the age of 60. For current hospitalizations, 68% are over the age of 60 and 44% are 70 years old and older. People under the age of 50 contribute 17% of all hospitalizations.

- Looking at hospitalizations, 23% of those hospitalized for Covid-19 are in ICU. This is an average for the last 30 days. The percentage is down 2% from the last 60 day average.

- Currently, ICUs are at 81% of capacity. The last 30 day average for this is 82%. The average for the last 60 days is 80%.

- While many believe the recent (past two months) increase in hospitalizations have been driven by Thanksgiving, the graph below clearly shows that hospitalizations were starting to increase a few weeks before the Thanksgiving holiday. I believe the increase is being driven more by a seasonal component (cold weather drives people indoors) and the holiday gatherings of Thanksgiving and now Christmas, only serve to reinforce the increase in hospitalizations. At this point, Covid-19 is everywhere and our ability to control it is limited. Hospitalizations began their rapid growth when the weather turned cold and people moved indoors with others.

- I estimate that slightly less than 4% (3.6%) of people in NC currently infected with Covid-19 are hospitalized. This is in line with the past 30 day average of 3.7%. The graph below shows the total number of people currently hospitalized versus the percentage of people hospitalized.

Mormad
Great info
Mormad
As of the 23rd, we were 177 admitted, 25 in icu, 15 tubed
Daviewolf83
Mormad said:

As of the 23rd, we were 177 admitted, 25 in icu, 15 tubed
Thanks for the update. The percentage of those in ICU who are tubed seems to have increased from past updates. I did look at the demographics for your hospital's region and the percentage of those who are over the age of 60 that are hospitalized is 71% (up from 67% on 12/15). This is a few points higher than the average for NC. I wonder if this shift to an older demographic for your region could be driving the higher percentage of those tubed?
RunsWithWolves26
I know we are talking about guesstaments but grandma says hey and she's doing good.
statefan91
Great news.

No new symptoms here, though my wife has started to feel pretty wiped out. She's getting tested tomorrow and kids are getting tested this afternoon
PackMom
RunsWithWolves26 said:

I know we are talking about guesstaments but grandma says hey and she's doing good.
Tell her we all say hi and hope she gets to go home soon!
First Page Last Page
Page 202 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.