Coronavirus

2,001,110 Views | 19842 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by Werewolf
GrillOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Boy, now that we've let our government trample our freedoms, it will be easier and easier for them to continue to do so in the future.
WarrenPeace
So damn stupid. Government can only take what you allow them to take people! Wake up!
Dmax95
https://theknow.denverpost.com/2020/12/03/aspen-pitkin-county-requiring-covid-19-test/250000/

Y'all think NC is tough look at my neighbors to the west in aspen are doing
Ncstatefan01
This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.
TheStorm
Well I'm still going on my walk on the beach at 4:30 am regardless. IDGAF about anything that clown says anymore.

Masks, masks, masks! Yes, Roy... we've been wearing them for months already. Why is the virus still here? Why are cases going up?

Let me guess... it's Trump's fault? Of course it is.

But you have Cuomo that required (for a period of time) that anybody traveling to New York from North Carolina has to quarantine for 14 days?!?

When have you even once, done the same in return to anybody coming through our borders?

Who do you work for?
packgrad
**** Cooper. I can't believe people voted to give this wannabe dictator another term.
Wayland
Let's be real.

This is theater. He feels helpless an wants to do something.

I am a little glad because I thought it could have been a hell of a lot worse and he could have gone full on closures.

Now... again, this is just theater and will have no real impact, but at least it isn't worst case scenario.
Ncstatefan01
Agreed.

Wayland said:

Let's be real.

This is theater. He feels helpless an wants to do something.

I am a little glad because I thought it could have been a hell of a lot worse and he could have gone full on closures.

Now... again, this is just theater and will have no real impact, but at least it isn't worst case scenario.
Daviewolf83
The news media just published stories highlighting that the new Pfizer vaccine is both safe and effective after the first dose. This is actually good news, since I have had my doubts that many people would show up for a second dose. If they can be protected after one dose, we may see some better results than expected.

The New York Times just published the following:

"The coronavirus vaccine made by Pfizer and BioNTech provides strong protection against Covid-19 within about 10 days of the first dose, according to documents published on Tuesday by the Food and Drug Administration before a meeting of its vaccine advisory group."

"New coronavirus cases quickly tapered off in the vaccinated group of volunteers about 10 days after the first dose, according to one graph in the briefing materials."

Read more here: Pfizer's Vaccine Offers Strong Protection After First Dose

So, while two doses are required to reach the 95% efficacy, it is encouraging that some protection can come from one dose.
ciscopack
Daviewolf83 said:

The news media just published stories highlighting that the new Pfizer vaccine is both safe and effective after the first dose. This is actually good news, since I have had my doubts that many people would show up for a second dose. If they can be protected after one dose, we may see some better results than expected.

The New York Times just published the following:

"The coronavirus vaccine made by Pfizer and BioNTech provides strong protection against Covid-19 within about 10 days of the first dose, according to documents published on Tuesday by the Food and Drug Administration before a meeting of its vaccine advisory group."

"New coronavirus cases quickly tapered off in the vaccinated group of volunteers about 10 days after the first dose, according to one graph in the briefing materials."

Read more here: Pfizer's Vaccine Offers Strong Protection After First Dose

So, while two doses are required to reach the 95% efficacy, it is encouraging that some protection can come from one dose.
95% > 70% although 70% is good. 70% is easier to work with.

Explain - What does going home before 10PM do?

No country is its own earth; poor countries need vaccines too. Hopefully that is being figured out by those who care.
wilmwolf
I'm thinking about starting an after hours liquor store. Wilmwolf's House of Bourbon. Open at 9:01 PM.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
910wolf
I told yall last week I had heard rumors the governor was going to put in a mandatory curfew.

Civilized told me, "There's no way. That's like a bad game of telephone."

Roy Cooper is so damn stupid
ncsualum05
packgrad said:

**** Cooper. I can't believe people voted to give this wannabe dictator another term.
I'm not so sure we did. But NC not being looked into so I guess it is what it is.
TheStorm
910wolf said:

I told yall last week I had heard rumors the governor was going to put in a mandatory curfew.

Yeah, if he shows up here, he'll act like he never did that... or even more likely he'll just quote the new liberal talking points, like his new protege rich1.
Mormad
So. Dumb.
82TxPackFan
What a ****ing moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Colonel Armstrong
Science!!!!!!
wolfman18
If the numbers are out there, I can't find them/haven't looked that hard...

But do we have the number of cases traced back to restaurants/bars?

I work with a company that provides services to restaurants, and I hate it for my customers. They need all the alcohol sales they can get. The state really needs to look at to go options in that area, but I know they won't.

packgrad
wolfman18 said:

I work with a company that provides services to restaurants, and I hate it for my customers. They need all the alcohol sales they can get. The state really needs to look at to go options in that area, but I know they won't.

That's probably what bothers me the most about the ordinances... how it affects the restaurants. I grew up working in restaurants from age 13 through after college. Still have friends in the industry, and have made new friends dining out. I feel so dang sad, and angry, thinking how badly they've been hurt financially from all of this. Some have lost their businesses. Some will soon if things don't change.
Daviewolf83
wolfman18 said:

I have not seen data published by NCDHHS with contact tracing information. NCDHHS does provide a clusters report and as of yesterday's report, it has the following on restaurants and bars:

# of reported clusters:
Brewery/Bar = 3
Restaurant = 28

Total Cluster Associated Cases:
Brewery/Bar = 14
Restaurant = 170

Total Cluster Associated Deaths:
Brewery/Bar = 0
Restaurant = 2

In comparison, I present the data for religious gatherings:
# of reported clusters = 124
Total cluster associated cases = 1,697
Total cluster associated deaths = 28

As to the curfew, I saw some earlier data (I can not recall where I saw it - but will continue to look) suggesting significant spread is coming from activities in the late evening and overnight. Reportedly, this was one of the reasons Italy implemented similar curfews. It is possible there is data NCDHHS has along these lines. If they do have this type of information, I think we all agree it would be helpful for them to publish it. Otherwise, the curfew just appears to be arbitrary and capricious.
Wayland
Daviewolf83 said:

wolfman18 said:

I have not seen data published by NCDHHS with contact tracing information. NCDHHS does provide a clusters report and as of yesterday's report, it has the following on restaurants and bars:

# of reported clusters:
Brewery/Bar = 3
Restaurant = 28

Brewery/Bar = 14
Restaurant = 170

Brewery/Bar = 0
Restaurant = 2

As to the curfew, I saw some earlier data (I can not recall where I saw it - but will continue to look) suggesting significant spread is coming from activities in the late evening and overnight. Reportedly, this was one of the reasons Italy implemented similar curfews. It is possible there is data NCDHHS has along these lines. If they do have this type of information, I think we all agree it would be helpful for them to publish it. Otherwise, the curfew just appears to be arbitrary and capricious.

And those are all time numbers. There hasn't been a bar or brewery identified case from contact tracing in over 2 months. Restaurants around 55 for last 2 months..... Out of how many 100,000s of cases.

Theater. (But again, I expected closures, so almost a win sadly)
packgrad
Wayland said:

Daviewolf83 said:

wolfman18 said:

# of reported clusters:
Brewery/Bar = 3
Restaurant = 28

Brewery/Bar = 14
Restaurant = 170

Brewery/Bar = 0
Restaurant = 2

And those are all time numbers. There hasn't been a bar or brewery identified case from contact tracing in over 2 months. Restaurants around 55 for last 2 months..... Out of how many 100,000s of cases.

Theater. (But again, I expected closures, so almost a win sadly)

****ing madness.
Civilized
910wolf said:

Here's what we both said:

Civilized said:

910wolf said:

I've heard some rumors circling that the Governor's next order will be a 9:00 PM curfew
There's no way.

That's like a bad game of telephone.

I could see the governor mandating bars and restaurants close by 10 or something but no way is it a blanket curfew.

Technically both of us were partially correct.

I mainly wanted to show up and tell Storm that I loved him.
packgrad
910wolf
Civilized said:

910wolf said:

Here's what we both said:

Civilized said:

910wolf said:

I've heard some rumors circling that the Governor's next order will be a 9:00 PM curfew
There's no way.

That's like a bad game of telephone.

I could see the governor mandating bars and restaurants close by 10 or something but no way is it a blanket curfew.

Technically both of us were partially correct.

I mainly wanted to show up and tell Storm that I loved him.
I wasn't "partially correct". I said the governor was putting in a curfew which is exactly what happened. You said no way there is a curfew, only bars and restaurant closures. If I am "partially correct" because what I heard was just 1 hour off from what happened have at it.
Pacfanweb
Sounds like Civilized was correct to me. He mentioned bars. So it's also Restaurants and gyms. Retail stuff. Which is typically not open past 10 anyway.
Grocery stores will still be open. Gas stations will still be open. So it's not a straight-up curfew it's only a partial curfew
Steve Williams
Staff
Davie- curious if anyone tracks the number of tests administered per day... not + or - but total tests.
griff17matt
Anyone on here a part of the Johnston County School Board so I can tell you directly what a worthless ****heel you are? Every failure from this generation of school aged children falls directly at your stupid God damned feet and I wouldn't stop to piss on any of you if you were on fire.
packgrad
Pacfanweb said:

Sounds like Civilized was correct to me. He mentioned bars. So it's also Restaurants and gyms. Retail stuff. Which is typically not open past 10 anyway.
Grocery stores will still be open. Gas stations will still be open. So it's not a straight-up curfew it's only a partial curfew

I'm guessing you didn't read the order. It is a curfew, as the OP said.
Pacfanweb
packgrad said:

Pacfanweb said:

Are there exceptions, as with the first stay at home order?

Okay, read it:

Quote:

Are there any exceptions to the Night-Time Public Closure Period?

Yes. Retail businesses that sell groceries, medication, health care supplies, and fuel may remain open between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. Service at restaurants, breweries, distilleries, and wineries may continue for take-out and delivery after 10 p.m.
Quote:

May customers come inside a restaurant to pick up take-out orders?

Yes. Customers may enter restaurants, breweries, distilleries, and wineries to pick up take-out orders after 10:00 p.m.
Quote:

May third-party delivery services, such as Instacart, UberEats, DoorDash, and others continue to operate during the Night-Time Public Closure Period?

Yes. Third-party delivery services may continue to operate during the Night-Time Closure Period. Employees of these businesses may report to and from work and perform work duties as required by their employer during the Stay at Home Period.

Sounds like, as Civ said, you were both kind of right. It's not a straight-up "curfew" because as before, there are loads of exceptions.
packgrad
Pacfanweb said:

packgrad said:

Pacfanweb said:

Yes. Professional and college sports are safe, amongst others. But small business is not.
Pacfanweb
packgrad said:

Pacfanweb said:

packgrad said:

Pacfanweb said:

Yes. Professional and college sports are safe, amongst others. But small business is not.
See my edit. It's not a full-on curfew. Loads of exceptions.

Plus this:

Quote:

Are there any exceptions to the modified Stay at Home Order?

Yes. Individuals may leave home during the Stay at Home Period to: travel to or from a place of work; perform work at their workplace when the worker's presence is required by the worker's employer; travel for work purposes; obtain food, medical care, fuel, or social services; travel from a business that closed at or after 10 p.m.; travel to a business that will open at 5 a.m.; travel to take care of a family member, friend or pet in another household; travel to or from a religious service; travel necessary for personal safety; and travel into or out of the state.
packgrad
Pacfanweb said:

packgrad said:

Pacfanweb said:

packgrad said:

Pacfanweb said:

Plus this:

Quote:

Yes. Individuals may leave home during the Stay at Home Period to: travel to or from a place of work; perform work at their workplace when the worker's presence is required by the worker's employer; travel for work purposes; obtain food, medical care, fuel, or social services; travel from a business that closed at or after 10 p.m.; travel to a business that will open at 5 a.m.; travel to take care of a family member, friend or pet in another household; travel to or from a religious service; travel necessary for personal safety; and travel into or out of the state.

Ok. Then there's never been a lockdown or curfew since this started.
Pacfanweb
packgrad said:

Pacfanweb said:

packgrad said:

Pacfanweb said:

packgrad said:

Pacfanweb said:

Plus this:

Quote:

Not for me. I'm "essential" I've never stopped working
packgrad
Pacfanweb said:

packgrad said:

Pacfanweb said:

packgrad said:

Pacfanweb said:

packgrad said:

Pacfanweb said:

Plus this:

Quote:

Not for me. I'm "essential" I've never stopped working

As have I from day one. The point remains that a curfew was established.
First Page Last Page
Page 192 of 567

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.