Coronavirus

1,980,782 Views | 19755 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Werewolf
ciscopack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
China pretty much shut down a while back to get his under control...I assume? I have not looked through this thread and assume this was talked about weeks ago?

Images from NASA
packgrad
Lots of Twatter speculation a cure has been found. Successful testing in China and France.

Malaria drug with z pack.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/03/19/old-malaria-drug-hydroxychloroquine-may-help-cure-coronavirus-study/amp/
Colonel Armstrong
would be huge and could possibly prevent this virus from being an issue for more than another month
vanuel
King Leary said:

would be huge and could possibly prevent this virus from being an issue for more than another month
Indeed. You need a Hail Mary. Containment isn't really getting you all that much. It just slows the agony a bit.
IseWolf22
vanuel said:

IseWolf22 said:

Up to 98 cases in NC. We're crossing the 100 mark today.

Only 2,500 tests have been performed, total, in the state.
You have to figure that these numbers are going to explode.
Up to 122 here in NC

11,274 in the US total (4,158 just in NY)
GuerrillaPack
Even if 1,000,000 in NC get it...guess what? It doesn't matter. It's like getting the flu. Probably 2,000,000 people in NC get the flu every year. This thing is basically akin to another strain of flu. In 2009 it was the H1N1 swine flu that was going to kill us all. After that it was the bird flu. Now they've upped the ante.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
statefan91
packgrad said:

Lots of Twatter speculation a cure has been found. Successful testing in China and France.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/03/19/old-malaria-drug-hydroxychloroquine-may-help-cure-coronavirus-study/amp/

Fingers crossed! My wife was tested for it yesterday and were awaiting results, she's been mostly asymptomstic though. We should get results in the next couple days.

A cure, even one that has 50-70% success rate, would be incredible.
IseWolf22
Keep stating things over and over like that will make it true
RunsWithWolves26
statefan91 said:

packgrad said:

Fingers crossed! My wife was tested for it yesterday and were awaiting results, she's been mostly asymptomstic though. We should get results in the next couple days.

Prayers up for your wife. Hope she comes back negative and everyone is good to go in the house. Fingers crossed as well about this medicine news. I watched a medical doctor Monday talk about it and they had tried it on several people over the past 2 weeks with great results. This would be the game changer that we need. Already FDA approved and works!
packgrad
RunsWithWolves26 said:

statefan91 said:

packgrad said:

Prayers up for your wife. Hope she comes back negative and everyone is good to go in the house. Fingers crossed as well about this medicine news. I watched a medical doctor Monday talk about it and they had tried it on several people over the past 2 weeks with great results. This would be the game changer that we need. Already FDA approved and works!

I second the sympathetic thoughts for 91's wife.

One of the tests, an admittedly small one, had 100% cure rate in 6 days with the combined medicines. The malaria meds alone had 60-70% iirc.
statefan91
Thanks guys - she came down with a fever Tuesday night and it hit her pretty hard. Had a doctors appointment yesterday morning and was tested negative for flu and strep. After that they gave her test for COVID.

She's still had a slight fever but has otherwise been fine today. She thinks it was just allergies hitting her all at once and causing her body to flip out a bit. Has a similar reaction most years but had to err on safe side this go round.
RunsWithWolves26
statefan91 said:

Thanks guys - she came down with a fever Tuesday night and it hit her pretty hard. Had a doctors appointment yesterday morning and was tested negative for flu and strep. After that they gave her test for COVID.

She's still had a slight fever but has otherwise been fine today. She thinks it was just allergies hitting her all at once and causing her body to flip out a bit. Has a similar reaction most years but had to err on safe side this go round.

As someone who has struggled with allergies before, I completely understand that! You probably know this, but I have found the best thing for my allergies is local, pure honey. When I say local, I mean your county and even town local. I started that about 6 years back and it has worked wonders for me. A netipot has been of help as well but a spoon full of local, pure, raw honey every morning has done wonders for me. Keep us updated on her condition. Sorry to get off track.
GoPack2008
Seems like Richard Burr had plenty of concern for this situation, and failed to act.

"Burr warned the business leaders about effects on travel 13 days before the State Department released info on restrictions and 15 days before the Trump administration banned European travelers.
"Every company should be cognizant of the fact that you may have to alter your travel," the Intelligence chairman said. "You may have to look at your employees and judge whether the trip they're making to Europe is essential or whether it can be done on video conference. Why risk it?"
The senator also gave an early warning that school closings were more than likely going to occur. "There will be, I'm sure, times that communities, probably some in North Carolina, have a transmission rate where they say, let's close schools for two weeks, everybody stay home," Burr said."

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/secret-recording-intelligence-chairman-warning-donors-about-coronavirus-weeks-ago-969767/?fbclid=IwAR0CoCym_1Om-FdeIggcPyQl6norfzyqw8YkKprBFXIOZeJNf-dfBNqJri8

https://www.propublica.org/article/senator-dumped-up-to-1-6-million-of-stock-after-reassuring-public-about-coronavirus-preparedness
jkpackfan
Dude we get it, you don't like republicans.
GoPack2008
jkpackfan said:

Dude, you're actually okay with what he did?

If he was a democrat I'd say the same damn thing. It's totally outrageous.

To recap:

1) He knew in advance that things would get bad
2) He shared this with wealthy donors
3) He strategically sold off $1.5 million+ in stock before the president announced how bad things were

Meanwhile, our national response got delayed, for unclear reasons. And now the rest of us are suffering the consequences of a shutdown. Businesses are struggling, people are out of work. Good, honest, hardworking people on this board may be struggling financially. Nevermind the overwhelmed hospitals in Seattle and NYC and the growing death toll.

An earlier response would have prevented a lot of this, or reduced how long the shutdowns would be.

This is just corruption, plain and simple. If you can't admit that, you're just in denial.
GuerrillaPack
DirtPitPacker said:

I don't feel good about how this whole economic disaster is going. When government officials get asked about where the money is coming from for the grand scale handouts, there are no direct answers. I think the situation will deteriorate until the nation finds the balance between civil unrest and just saying whomever catches it, then we deal with it best we can and move on.

I continue to be highly skeptical of hidden agendas here.

It's absolutely being used to push a totalitarian agenda. People have been warning for years that scenarios such as this would be used to declare martial law and advance other elements of the elite agenda for a "New World Order".

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
cowboypack02
Just had the spouse of a teacher in Chowan county test positive. The couple live in Pasquotank county.
jkpackfan
RunsWithWolves26 said:

statefan91 said:

As someone who has struggled with allergies before, I completely understand that! You probably know this, but I have found the best thing for my allergies is local, pure honey. When I say local, I mean your county and even town local. I started that about 6 years back and it has worked wonders for me. A netipot has been of help as well but a spoon full of local, pure, raw honey every morning has done wonders for me. Keep us updated on her condition. Sorry to get off track.
I can second honey for allergies but it has to be local. It has helped me immensely.

I hope your wife is ok. Prayers
Sierrawolf
How long until you guys think we're going to be in full-on lockdown mode?
Packchem91
cowboypack02 said:

Just had the spouse of a teacher in Chowan county test positive. The couple live in Pasquotank county.
Wow, that seems pretty remote. Had the spouse traveled?
Ground_Chuck
Sierrawolf said:

I think the kids are going to be out of school for 4-6 weeks.

And this isn't full lock down.
packgrad
Since the malaria drug and z pack are already approved drugs, is there anything stopping doctors from prescribing them to patients? Read that as me knowing the FDA has not approved this treatment for Kung Flu yet, but is there a workaround where they can still prescribe without legal repercussions from federal government? I'm not good with my words this morning.
packgrad
Sierrawolf said:

Never. Starting to see the light on the horizon.
Mormad
They were not going to let us post elective surgery until May 4, but have pushed that up to April 17. That's a good sign. Most of my medicine colleagues are saying June-July.
Bas2020
GoPack2008 said:

jkpackfan said:

Dude, you're actually okay with what he did?

If he was a democrat I'd say the same damn thing. It's totally outrageous.

To recap:

1) He knew in advance that things would get bad
2) He shared this with wealthy donors
3) He strategically sold off $1.5 million+ in stock before the president announced how bad things were

Meanwhile, our national response got delayed, for unclear reasons. And now the rest of us are suffering the consequences of a shutdown. Businesses are struggling, people are out of work. Good, honest, hardworking people on this board may be struggling financially. Nevermind the overwhelmed hospitals in Seattle and NYC and the growing death toll.

An earlier response would have prevented a lot of this, or reduced how long the shutdowns would be.

This is just corruption, plain and simple. If you can't admit that, you're just in denial.

Democrats including Diane Feinstein did the same thing . We all can watch the news . The virus was not a secret it's been known for months . Glenn Beck withdrew much of his stock a month ago also . Most could see this would potentially be a problem in the very least in China which alone would still damage global economy.

Call Beck crazy blah blah blah... but he's been doing a daily "Corona Virus" update for two months now he also predicted an economic recession as a result. This was before the senators "meeting".
packgrad
Nm. Subject already addressed.
TraCha4
early 2021 the hospitals will be overcrowded again. This time due to all the new babies being born due to everyone being locked up together with nothing to do. (That's only for those of you that don't have kids. Those that do are trying not to have domestic violence cases)
GuerrillaPack
What is going on in Italy is not evidence that this virus has a "high" death rate. As I understand, they labelled a ton of people as "presumptively" having the coronavirus, without actually testing them. In reality, a lot of the deaths of these people who "presumptively" had the virus are just actually deaths from pre-existing illnesses combined with the regular flu, etc.

Here's a new study showing that over 99% of the "corona deaths" in Italy are from people who had pre-existing serious/morbid illnesses, and the average age of those dying "from the virus" is 79.5.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says?fbclid=IwAR0PclLSlJJWQL-ECj_bcFEALLN8KB6Id0uNGXBLiKzs73H6ozWCYkgAn-g

Quote:

More than 99% of Italy's coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country's national health authority.

The average age of those who've died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy's victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

So...I'm still not buying that this is any more serious than the regular flu. Virtually no one dies from it who is under 40, and no one under 40 dies from it who does not have pre-exisiting health problems. Even virtually no one in their 50s-80s who is healthy dies from this. The vast majority of people who die from it are in their 70s or 80s and have pre-existing serious health problems -- just as occurs with the regular flu.
RunsWithWolves26
The malaria drug is getting a lot of attention today. One doctor saying he will have the medicine needed for coronavirus in a couple of weeks. Experts across the board are seeking a lot more positive right now then previous day's and that is a good thing!
IseWolf22
RunsWithWolves26 said:

The malaria drug is getting a lot of attention today. One doctor saying he will have the medicine needed for coronavirus in a couple of weeks. Experts across the board are seeking a lot more positive right now then previous day's and that is a good thing!
I'm still looking for a good article explaining the mechanism hydroxychloroquine is utilizing to deal with CV-19. Malria is a protozoan, not a virus. So it's not readily apparent what the crossover is.

FDA is saying this won't be ready for awhile, but they always slow things down. Hopefully we can get a streamlined drug approval process out of this crisis.

That said, I'm not getting any hopes up until more comes out about effectiveness.
RunsWithWolves26
IseWolf22 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

I'm still looking for a good article explaining the mechanism hydroxychloroquine is utilizing to deal with CV-19. Malria is a protozoan, not a virus. So it's not readily apparent what the crossover is.

FDA is saying this won't be ready for awhile, but they always slow things down. Hopefully we can get a streamlined drug approval process out of this crisis.

That said, I'm not getting any hopes up until more comes out about effectiveness.

From the doctor I just watched, they are combining it with a zpack. Multiple doctors have spoken about how this will work well against COVID19. It has been tried already on a small scale and the COVID19 virus was gone within 6 days. Fingers crossed for sure.
packgrad
Fauci says malaria drug "cure" based on anecdotal evidence, not clinical trial.

Hope he is just erring on the side of caution.
PackBacker07
packgrad said:

An FDA clinical trial will take 12-18 months, minimum. It has not been approved.
Y'all means ALL.
packgrad
PackBacker07 said:

packgrad said:

An FDA clinical trial will take 12-18 months, minimum. It has not been approved.

I'd just say **** the FDA then if you get enough "circumstantial evidence".
vanuel
We don't have 18 months. In eighteen months everyone will have been exposed and the ones who can't survive will have died. The cure will be useless then and the economic damage worldwide will take a generation to recover from. People are not going to last eighteen mother ****ing months like this.
First Page Last Page
Page 17 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.