Coronavirus

1,981,051 Views | 19755 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by Werewolf
WPNfamily
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mormad said:

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent
''One category of evidence comes from laboratory studies of respiratory droplets and the ability of various masks to block them. An experiment using high-speed video found that hundreds of droplets ranging from 20 to 500 micrometers were generated when saying a simple phrase, but that nearly all these droplets were blocked when the mouth was covered by a damp washcloth."

Sounds like they were water boarding peeps
TheStorm
Pacfanweb said:

Mormad said:

There have been 2 statements made here I think deserve more discussion:

1. Masks may help with incremental improvement.

2. The virus is gonna virus

This makes me ask a few questions because I believe both statements are absolutely true.

What are the things that we have everyday access to right now that help incrementally with this virus?

If a virus is gonna virus, would that argue FOR continued responsible mask use? If not, why?

If masks don't make a difference, how and why?

Yes, the virus is gonna virus. Undisputed.

Yes, masks may help. More info that they do than there is that they don't.

My thing is this: If the "wear a mask" folks are totally wrong and they don't help at all....then still, what's the harm? So they required you to wear one for a few months. Big deal.

But if they're right....and again, there's more out there saying they help than not.....is that not worth it?

And again, who on here hasn't been wearing a mask except for one person?

Been wearing a damn mask since March (four (4) months) and starting to finally get sick and tired of it... of all of it. The political manipulation in this state especially.
TheStorm
Wayland said:

NC recovered more cases than it added this week.

92302-78707=13595 new recoveries

1625 + 1621 + 2097 + 2101 + 1892 + 2140 + 1815 = 13291 new reported cases

https://files.nc.gov/covid/documents/dashboard/Weekly-COVID19-Patients-Presumed-to-be-Recovered.pdf
You'll never see that in a headline anywhere around here... that much I am sure of.
James Henderson
Staff
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/americas-frontline-doctors-scotus-press-conference-transcript
Civilized
James Henderson said:

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/americas-frontline-doctors-scotus-press-conference-transcript

Are you allowed to walk in, post that link without editorialization, and then walk back out of the room and shut the door behind you?
82TxPackFan
James Henderson said:

Looks like it's been taken down. Must not have met the media standard for hyping the doom & gloom narrative.
Wayland
Interesting concept for testing. Cheap and slightly less accurate 'paper spit tests' that you could do daily to get schools open again.

statefan91
I know we're all in this together, but man I'm getting so ****ing tired of this virus. I know it's first world problems with so many people suffering from a health and economical standpoint.

My kids daycare shutdown for two weeks last Thursday because one of the teachers had a confirmed case. We're trying to figure out our plan for the school year but it's looking like it's remote, even for Pre-K. At this point we'll need to pay for both daycare and the Pre-K program (luckily we can afford and Pre-K is only a fraction of what daycare is).

I keep thinking of all the things my kids are missing out on. Sports, friends, learning to swim, visiting family, etc. Really hopeful that multiple vaccines are viable by the fall and that the Warpspeed program means that we'll have doses ready to go.

I actually am trying to sign up for the Moderna Phase III trials but haven't heard back yet.
bigeric
It is still there. Page down two/three screens.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
Pacfanweb
82TxPackFan said:

James Henderson said:

Looks like it's been taken down. Must not have met the media standard for hyping the doom & gloom narrative.
Or maybe it was a bunch of BS.

I see people sharing all over FB today like it's the gospel, though.

Google that one doctor that claims there's a cure, Stella Immanuel, and tell us what you find about her.
RunsWithWolves26
When I started this thread 5 months ago, I never would have imagined it would turn into what it is now. I've gone back and looked at some of the first comments and just cent believe it is what it is now. Be glad when this one can go to the retirement home!
RunsWithWolves26
Pacfanweb said:

82TxPackFan said:

James Henderson said:

Google that one doctor (might be the only actual doctor there), Stella Immanuel, and tell us what you find about her.

From my little and short research, she appears to be a pretty faithful Christian. Is that what you were referring to in your Google her comment?
Mormad
James Henderson said:

Man if they're right it could be huge. I think the drug should be available personally. Dosing tho? One said 200 mg every other week, one said 200 twice per week for prophylaxis. Big difference. Maybe I read it wrong. I'll have to go back and re-read.
ncsualum05
I think it's sick that the drug was politicized so much that fake studies were done to make it sound more dangerous when it's not. And pols restricted it's use during the height of the pandemic when people were dying in their states. All because they hate Trump and he touted the possibilities. I don't think many people on here really understand how sick and twisted that is. Many studies throughout the world have shown hydroxychorquine is not dangerous. It's been used for 70 years.
wilmwolf
^ I agree, if lives could've been saved with the drug, that's a damn shame. In general, the politicization of this thing is disgusting, from both sides. I can only wonder what the numbers would've been like if this weren't an election year and half the people in power weren't trying to prove the president wrong and the other half trying to prove him right over every little thing. Just put the bull aside and work together for the greater good.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
James Henderson
Staff
Civilized said:

James Henderson said:

Are you allowed to walk in, post that link without editorialization, and then walk back out of the room and shut the door behind you?

That link still works for me
James Henderson
Staff
Pacfanweb said:

82TxPackFan said:

James Henderson said:

Google that one doctor that claims there's a cure, Stella Immanuel, and tell us what you find about her.
The link still works for me.

I have no clue if an of it's true. It was sent to me, I read it, and I posted it in here.
Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

https://files.nc.gov/covid/documents/dashboard/Weekly-COVID19-Patients-Presumed-to-be-Recovered.pdf
This is definitely some good news and hopefully a sign that NC is turning the corner on cases. Now if only hospitalizations would start to decline. If the case trends hold, you would expect to see hospitalizations start to show some reductions in another 10 days or so. Based on the graph below, it does appear the trend regarding hospitalization numbers is starting to show some evidence of peaking, but you would expect the numbers to drop due to a decline in the number of active cases declining.

The strange thing with this graph is the increasing percentage of active cases that are hospitalized. I calculate the total number of active cases by looking at cases by the date of specimen (the closest date we have to actual time of infection) and count back 21 days. I assume 21 days to allow for a tail to the average of 14 days someone is considered to be infected. As a comparison, the number I come up with for active infections is close to the estimate NCDHHS is publishing weekly.

From this graph, you can see there have been a few inflection points in the hospitalization curve. You can see the percentage of active cases that are hospitalized flattened out in late June/early July, but recently it has started to increase. This increase in percentage seems to track along with the peaking and now decline in the estimated daily active cases. Even with hospitalizations appearing to flatten out, the percentage of active cases hospitalized is increasing. This increase seems to be from some "sticky-ness" in the hospitalization numbers. As active cases decline, you would expect to see a decline in hospitalizations. I have included a graph that shows the estimated daily active cases, so you can see how it is now trending down.

Hospitalizations vs Percent Active Cases Hospitalized:

Estimated Daily Active Cases:

Wayland
Daviewolf83 said:

Wayland said:

This is definitely some good news and hopefully a sign that NC is turning the corner on cases. Now if only hospitalizations would start to decline. If the case trends hold, you would expect to see hospitalizations start to show some reductions in another 10 days or so. Based on the graph below, it does appear the trend regarding hospitalization numbers is starting to show some evidence of peaking, but you would expect the numbers to drop due to a decline in the number of active cases declining.

The strange thing with this graph is the increasing percentage of active cases that are hospitalized. I calculate the total number of active cases by looking at cases by the date of specimen (the closest date we have to actual time of infection) and count back 21 days. I assume 21 days to allow for a tail to the average of 14 days someone is considered to be infected. As a comparison, the number I come up with for active infections is close to the estimate NCDHHS is publishing weekly.

From this graph, you can see there have been a few inflection points in the hospitalization curve. You can see the percentage of active cases that are hospitalized flattened out in late June/early July, but recently it has started to increase. This increase in percentage seems to track along with the peaking and now decline in the estimated daily active cases. Even with hospitalizations appearing to flatten out, the percentage of active cases hospitalized is increasing. This increase seems to be from some "sticky-ness" in the hospitalization numbers. As active cases decline, you would expect to see a decline in hospitalizations. I have included a graph that shows the estimated daily active cases, so you can see how it is now trending down.

Hospitalizations vs Percent Active Cases Hospitalized:

Estimated Daily Active Cases:

Cases in Mecklenburg week ending 7/18 were lower than week ending 6/27 and have been decreasing for weeks, yet hospitalizations continue to rise there. Hospitals are a business now and in addition to providing care, they are filling their COVID wards with patients because they have staff and beds and there is plenty of capacity. Hospitalizations in NC should be decreasing based on case data, we are three weeks past peak.

I bet if you go look by region, you could make a pretty good guess on what the baseline COVID beds were that are set aside by each hospital.

MHPC is in a world of their own. Either being affected by SC cases or just satisfied collecting their share of the NC's 100s of millions in CARES money as long as they can run the rest of their business as usual and have to deal with COVID anyways.

Non-critical COVID patients acting like air to fill available space in COVID wards.
Pacfanweb
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Pacfanweb said:

82TxPackFan said:

James Henderson said:

Google that one doctor (might be the only actual doctor there), Stella Immanuel, and tell us what you find about her.

From my little and short research, she appears to be a pretty faithful Christian. Is that what you were referring to in your Google her comment?
"In sermons posted on YouTube and articles on her website, Immanuel claims that medical issues like endometriosis, cysts, infertility, and impotence are caused by sex with "spirit husbands" and "spirit wives"a phenomenon Immanuel describes essentially as witches and demons having sex with people in a dreamworld.

"They are responsible for serious gynecological problems," Immanuel said. "We call them all kinds of namesendometriosis, we call them molar pregnancies, we call them fibroids, we call them cysts, but most of them are evil deposits from the spirit husband," Immanuel said of the medical issues in a 2013 sermon. "They are responsible for miscarriages, impotencemen that can't get it up."

"In her sermon, Immanuel offers a sort of demonology of "nephilim," the biblical characters she claims exist as demonic spirits and lust after dream sex with humans, causing all matter of real health problems and financial ruin. Immanuel blames real-life ailments such as fibroids and cysts stem from the demonic sperm after demon dream sex, an activity she claims affects "many women."

"They turn into a woman and then they sleep with the man and collect his sperm," Immanuel said in her sermon. "Then they turn into the man and they sleep with a man and deposit the sperm and reproduce more of themselves."

"Immanuel's bizarre medical ideas don't stop with demon sex in dreams. In a 2015 sermon that laid out a supposed Illuminati plan hatched by "a witch" to destroy the world using abortion, gay marriage, and children's toys, among other things, Immanuel claimed that DNA from space aliens is currently being used in medicine.

"They're using all kinds of DNA, even alien DNA, to treat people," Immanuel said."

You get the idea
bigeric
^^
Nature abhors a vacuum.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
Wayland
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Quote:

7/16/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1134 <- 90% reporting (was 1142 at 89% yesterday) Higher % Lower Total. Stable
Completed Tests

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
888 Deaths are now Congregate (+6)
196 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+7)
+20 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

504 Deaths assumed General Population (+7)
1084 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+13)

283 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+19)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRAL is at 1604* deaths

2160 positive cases over 28,120 new tests. 7.7% positive rate.
7/17/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1180 <- 90% reporting (was 1134 at 91% yesterday) Higher % Higher Total. New High
Completed Tests

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
892 Deaths are now Congregate (+4)
204 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+8)
+18 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

510 Deaths assumed General Population (+6)
1096 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+12)

293 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+10)
Nursing Homes 147 -> 155
Resident Care 99 -> 100
Correctional 24 -> 25
Other 13 -> 13
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRAL is at 1629* deaths

2051 positive cases over 31,217 new tests. 6.7% positive rate.
*DHHS added 31,217 new tests today but claims only 25,555 completed tests.

Deaths by Date of Death 7/17 - 18 new deaths, 1 previously missing.
7/16(3), 7/15(6), 7/14(3), 7/10(2), 7/9, 7/1, 6/28(2), 6/25
It appears one death may have been added that was previously missing a date.

Cumberland, Wake, and Meck each with 3 deaths reported today.
7/18/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1154 <- XX% reporting (was 1180 at 90% yesterday)
Completed Tests

897 Deaths are now Congregate (+5)
210 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+6)
+23 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

522 Deaths assumed General Population (+12)
1107 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+11)

300 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+7)
Nursing Homes 155 -> 157
Resident Care 100 -> 104
Correctional 25 -> 25
Other 13 -> 14

WRAL is at 1634* deaths

2481 positive cases over 35,619 new tests. 7.1% positive rate.

New high (by 19 cases) comes after last new high, maybe back to patterned reporting.

Day over day delta in completed tests is 35,619, but DHHS says it is only 23,440.

Deaths today, 3 Wake and 3 Meck again.
23 Deaths reported 7/18 by Date of Death:
7/17(4), 7/16(7), 7/15(3), 7/14(2), 7/12(5). Two deaths with no date.

Today's number of new tests is the highest delta day over day yet! Also there are some positive signs with plateauing when looking back 9 days based on Date of Specimen collection being mostly complete. Hopefully things can level or trend down soon.

7/19/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1115 <- 86% reporting (was 1154 at 90% yesterday)
Completed Tests

898 Deaths are now Congregate (+1)
212 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+2)
+5 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

524 Deaths assumed General Population (+2)
1110 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+3)

290 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (-10)
Nursing Homes 157 -> 149
Resident Care 104 -> 103
Correctional 25 -> 24
Other 14 -> 14

WRAL is at 1651* deaths

1820 positive cases over 15721 new tests. 11.6% positive rate.

It looks like the reporting lag has settled on a pattern and being a Sunday we are seeing more electronic and less lab cases. We will see if any lag changes affect this new pattern (with the peak Saturday).
Part of the reason for the case drop on Sundays is that the last few days of the lagging data (9 days out) now fall on a weekend, so there are less of those lagged cases to report. We'd expect tomorrow to be about the same and then a small bump up on Tuesday as the lagged cases (9 days out) now start falling on a weekday again.

Going to review county data, but don't expect to see much on a Sunday.

Deaths today: 7/18, 7/17(3), 7/15
7/20/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1086 <- 86% reporting (was 1115 at 86% yesterday)
Completed Tests

900 Deaths are now Congregate (+2)
216 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+4)
+8 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

526 Deaths assumed General Population (+2)
1116 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+6)

287 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (-3)
Nursing Homes 149 -> 147
Resident Care 103 -> 102
Correctional 24 -> 24
Other 14 -> 14

WRAL is at 1676* deaths

1268 positive cases over 29024 new tests. 4.4% positive rate.

Dates of Death Reported 7/20
7/19(2), 7/17(2), 7/16, 7/10, 7/7, 7/6, 6/30, 6/26
8 deaths + 2 previously missing deaths given dates.

Second consecutive day of net drop in congregate outbreaks.

Cases really low. I expected low but not THAT low, so I don't know if that lag is recovered already or it is waiting to drop.
7/21/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1179 <- 92% reporting (was 1086 at 86% yesterday) New high by 1
Completed Tests

906 Deaths are now Congregate (+6)
225 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)
+26 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

537 Deaths assumed General Population (+11)
1131 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+15)

295 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+8)
Nursing Homes 147 -> 150
Resident Care 102 -> 108
Correctional 24 -> 24
Other 14 -> 13

WRAL is at 1680* deaths

1815 positive cases over 35103 new tests. 5.2% positive rate.

Delta Tests is 35103, but DHHS says 24087

Dates of Death Reported 7/21
7/20(5), 7/19(5), 7/18(4), 7/17(3), 7/16(3), 7/12, 7/11, 7/9, 7/4 and 2 missing dates

Cases back up a little, but unless there is some super duper lag.. things trending down some.

Hospitalizations big jump out of EHCP (maybe someone who hadn't been reporting?) and MHPC continues to go up despite cases going down. Other hospital groups stable with declining ICU. Would love more insight into what is going on in Charlotte that isn't elsewhere.

Seems like they don't care about finding location of death anymore, 9 unknown is kind of slack.
7/22/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1137 <- 90% reporting (was 1179 at 92% yesterday)
Completed Tests

915 Deaths are now Congregate (+9)
231 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+6)
+30 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

552 Deaths assumed General Population (+15)
1146 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+15)

304 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+9)
Nursing Homes 150 -> 154
Resident Care 108 -> 110
Correctional 24 -> 27
Other 13 -> 13

WRAL is at 1703* deaths

2140 positive cases over 32823 new tests. 6.5% positive rate.

Delta Tests is 32,823, but DHHS says 31,815

Dates of Death Reported 7/22
7/21, 7/20(8), 7/19(3), 7/18(4), 7/17(3), 7/15, 7/14(4), 7/13(2), 6/28(2), 1 DHHS Missing Date = 29
1 I didn't find a date for. Double checking to see if I missed it.

County Deaths:
Brunswick, Burke(2), Cumberland, Gaston(2), Harnett, Hoke, Iredell(2), Meck(2), Montgomery, Moore(4), Nash(3), Pender, Randolph, Richmond, Union, Wake(6)

EDIT: RE HOSPITALIZATIONS. It looks like New Hanover Regional Medical Center DID NOT REPORT today. They account for 80%+ of hospitalized patients in SHPR so their ~50 missing patients is significant.
7/23/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1188 <- 94% reporting (was 1137 at 90% yesterday)
Completed Tests

929 Deaths are now Congregate (+14)
235 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+4)
+28 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

562 Deaths assumed General Population (+10)
1164 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+18)

314 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+10)
Nursing Homes 154 -> 160
Resident Care 110 -> 114
Correctional 27 -> 26
Other 13 -> 14

WRAL is at 1734* deaths

1892 positive cases over 31855 new tests. 5.9% positive rate.

Delta Tests is 31,855, but DHHS says 30,430

Dates of Death Reported 7/23 - LAG DAY
7/22(3), 7/21(3), 7/20(3), 7/19(1), 7/18(1), 7/16(2), 7/15, 7/14(2), 7/12, 7/10, 7/9, 7/8, 6/30(2), 6/26, 6/11, 5/29(2), 5/17, and 1 missing date

It looks like they adjusted yesterday hospitalizations to be 1188 to match today and a new high. Still only 9 higher than 1 week ago.

Case trends still holding in decline as of 9 day lag window.

Still reviewing county data.
County Deaths
5 for Duplin
4 for Pitt
no other county more than 2.
There are your likely culprits for the lag.

Another oddity with county data. County reported cases today only add up to 1747. There are 145 cases that don't have an assignment. The last time that happened with that kind of difference came on the announcement of the extension of Phase 2.
7/24/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1182 <- 92% reporting (was 1188 at 94% yesterday)
Completed Tests

931 Deaths are now Congregate (+2)
244 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)
+20 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

571 Deaths assumed General Population (+9)
1175 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+11)

291Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (-23)
Nursing Homes 160 -> 156
Resident Care 114 -> 95
Correctional 26 -> 25
Other 14 -> 15

WRAL is at 1749* deaths

2102 positive cases over 25654 new tests. 8.2% positive rate.

Dates of Death Reported 7/24
7/23(3), 7/22(9), 7/21(3), 7/18(2), 7/17(2), 7/16, 7/15, 7/8, 7/2, 6/28, 6/25
4 deaths moved from date of death missing to chart.
1 additional death added that I can't account for, but it is what it is.

A lot of Resident Care facilities off the outbreak list today.

Still reviewing county data

Lag looks to be tightening. For the last few days things have been mostly complete at 7 days back.

It looks like those county cases that were not assigned yesterday were assigned today. County data is a +143 over reported cases vs the -145 yesterday.
7/25/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1168 <- 95% reporting (was 1182 at 92% yesterday)
Completed Tests

944 Deaths are now Congregate (+13)
247 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+3)
+32 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

587 Deaths assumed General Population (+16)
1191 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+16)

298 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+7)
Nursing Homes 156 -> 161
Resident Care 95 -> 96
Correctional 25 -> 26
Other 15 -> 15

WRAL is at 1778* deaths

2094 positive cases over 28745 new tests. 7.3% positive rate.

Delta 28745, but DHHS claims 25417 Completed Tests

Dates of Death Reported 7/25 - NET 32 Deaths
7/24(5), 7/23(4), 7/22(4), 7/21(2), 7/20(2), 7/19(2), 7/17(2), 7/12, 7/10(2), 7/8, 7/6, 6/18, 5/31, 5/13

3 Deaths Added to DoD Missing.

1 Death REMOVED from 5/13

DoD was a tough one today. Lots of data and lag to do manually, but I got to 32.

Hospitalizations down slight. Decrease in case pattern holding.

Still downloading report data.
7/26/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1170 <- 85% reporting (was 1168 at 95% yesterday)
Completed Tests

947 Deaths are now Congregate (+3)
248 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+1)
+7 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

590 Deaths assumed General Population (+3)
1195 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+4)

298 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+0)
Nursing Homes 161 -> 160
Resident Care 96 -> 96
Correctional 26 -> 26
Other 15 -> 16

WRAL is at 1803* deaths

1621 positive cases over 34343 new tests. 4.7% positive rate.

Delta 34343, but DHHS claims 30619 Completed Tests

Dates of Death Reported 7/26 = 7
7/25, 7/23(2), 7/21, 7/8(2), and 1 Missing Date of Death

Reviewing county data.

3 of the 7 deaths were reported out of Wake.

Case trends seem to be going in the right direction.

DHHS is still going back and retroactively changing hospitalizations numbers to values other than what they reported on that day.

My only logic for hospitalizations (as cases have been declining for 3 weeks now) is that hospitals have allotted space for COVID and are filling it because it is available. Hospitalizations should be declining based on case data.
7/27/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1169 <- 86% reporting (was 1170 at 85% yesterday)
Completed Tests

947 Deaths are now Congregate (+0)
251 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+3)
+5 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

592 Deaths assumed General Population (+2)
1198 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+3)

298 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+0)
Nursing Homes 160 -> 160
Resident Care 96 -> 96
Correctional 26 -> 26
Other 16 -> 16

WRAL is at 1813* deaths

1625 positive cases over 22091 new tests. 7.4% positive rate.

Dates of Death Reported 7/27 = 5
7/26, 7/25(4)

DHHS hasn't posted downloadable data, so will have to wait on county data.

Declining statewide case trend holding.
7/28/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1244 <- 96% reporting (was 1169 at 86% yesterday) New High.
Completed Tests

962 Deaths are now Congregate (+15)
257 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+6)
+30 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

601 Deaths assumed General Population (+9)
1219 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+21)

280 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (-18)
Nursing Homes 160 -> 155
Resident Care 96 -> 85
Correctional 26 -> 25
Other 16 -> 15

WRAL is at 1831* deaths

1749 positive cases over 23497 new tests. 7.4% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 23497 but DHHS claims only 16631 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 7/28 - 30 Deaths, mostly filling in last 2 weeks.
7/27(3), 7/26(8), 7/25(4), 7/24(3), 7/23(3), 7/22(2), 7/21, 7/20, 7/19, 7/17, 7/5 and 2 Deaths Reported with Missing Dates

New high in hospitalizations, also don't know that I have ever seen 96% reporting before. Which is weird because it wasn't a high day for new patients. As per usual MHPC, despite declining cases is all in on admits.

Getting some days of net decrease in cases congregate facilities. But deaths today also highly driven by congregate deaths.

Today's cases by date of collection included 8 cases from April. I am sure that is helpful.

Notable County Deaths Added:
Wake(7), Meck(5), Gaston(5), Forsyth(3). No other over 2.
acslater1344
James Henderson said:

"According to the website for America's Frontline Doctors, the group is led by Dr. Simone Gold, a Los Angeles-based emergency medicine specialist who has previously been featured on Fox News for her views that stay-at-home orders are harmful. Gold told the Associated Press in May she wanted to speak out against stay-home orders because there was "no scientific basis that the average American should be concerned" about Covid-19."

Yeah nobody should be concerned about ~150k deaths! Video was published by Breitbart, FWIW.
Mormad
Pacfanweb said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Pacfanweb said:

82TxPackFan said:

James Henderson said:

"In sermons posted on YouTube and articles on her website, Immanuel claims that medical issues like endometriosis, cysts, infertility, and impotence are caused by sex with "spirit husbands" and "spirit wives"a phenomenon Immanuel describes essentially as witches and demons having sex with people in a dreamworld.

"They are responsible for serious gynecological problems," Immanuel said. "We call them all kinds of namesendometriosis, we call them molar pregnancies, we call them fibroids, we call them cysts, but most of them are evil deposits from the spirit husband," Immanuel said of the medical issues in a 2013 sermon. "They are responsible for miscarriages, impotencemen that can't get it up."

"In her sermon, Immanuel offers a sort of demonology of "nephilim," the biblical characters she claims exist as demonic spirits and lust after dream sex with humans, causing all matter of real health problems and financial ruin. Immanuel blames real-life ailments such as fibroids and cysts stem from the demonic sperm after demon dream sex, an activity she claims affects "many women."

"They turn into a woman and then they sleep with the man and collect his sperm," Immanuel said in her sermon. "Then they turn into the man and they sleep with a man and deposit the sperm and reproduce more of themselves."

"Immanuel's bizarre medical ideas don't stop with demon sex in dreams. In a 2015 sermon that laid out a supposed Illuminati plan hatched by "a witch" to destroy the world using abortion, gay marriage, and children's toys, among other things, Immanuel claimed that DNA from space aliens is currently being used in medicine.

"They're using all kinds of DNA, even alien DNA, to treat people," Immanuel said."

You get the idea

That's some funny sht right there.
packgrad

Daviewolf83
Based on the latest data from NCDHHS announced today, here are the updated graphs. You can tell Governor Cooper is speaking today, since they reached way back to early May to find some cases. Death reporting also extends back to 7/5, as Wayland pointed out. If you look at deaths by the date of death (blue line in chart) versus the trend in deaths based on the NCDHHS daily reported number (orange line), the trend is down. The Raleigh News and Observer likes to use the NCDHHS daily reported graph (orange line), since it makes it appear deaths are trending up. The percent positive percentage (both the NCDHHS reported percentage and the calculated percent positive) are both trending down slightly. I calculate percent positives daily by dividing the daily new cases by the daily new tests. I do not have any insight into how NCDHHS calculates their number and they also make adjustments to their announced percentages at later dates.

Cases by Specimen Date - Cases Announced on 7/28:

Deaths by Date of Death - Deaths Announced on 7/28:

Deaths by Date vs Deaths by Date of NCDHHS Announcement:

Percent Positive Testing - NCDHHS Calculation vs Calculation of Daily New Cases/Daily New Tests:

Packchem91
Davie -- so basically both tracks of positive test / case are back to where they were at beginning of May, and are at the lowest point since Memorial Day?

Either of which should be considered some good news?
82TxPackFan
Pacfanweb said:

82TxPackFan said:

James Henderson said:

No more BS than the sh*t spouted by Cooper & Cohen on a weekly basis.
Wayland
Statewide curfew on alcohol sales at 11pm... craziness. Things are improving and do crazy **** like this.
Packchem91
Wayland said:

Statewide curfew on alcohol sales at 11pm... craziness. Things are improving and do crazy **** like this.
Well, unless your argument will be that that rule in CLT (and maybe elsewhere) contributed to the improvements...so see how smart we are, lets to do this everywhere?
wilmwolf
I get it, people make bad decisions when drinking, and likely aren't worried about spreading the virus. But let's get real here, bad decisions aren't limited to after 11pm. There's still 16 hours in the day for people to get drunk and spread the virus. This is just a flex for flex sake.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
statefan91
wilmwolf80 said:

I get it, people make bad decisions when drinking, and likely aren't worried about spreading the virus. But let's get real here, bad decisions aren't limited to after 11pm. There's still 16 hours in the day for people to get drunk and spread the virus. This is just a flex for flex sake.
What I've heard on the radio in CLT is that the curfew for alcohol was to curb establishments that were using a loophole to basically operate when they shouldn't be.

This was one of the examples that caused a stir: https://www.reddit.com/r/Charlotte/comments/hqgb8p/last_night_in_charlotte_at_the_club_not_my_video/
DrummerboyWolf
I haven't read any of this thread lately, but here is a link to a video of a press conference yesterday in Washington, DC at the Capitol with several doctors. These doctors believe in using Hydroxycloroquine and getting the kids back to school. Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube have scrubbed this video because they say it's giving out misinformation. These doctors are on the frontline and have real experience with Covid 19. The main stream media will not show it because it helps Trump. These doctors believe in using the medication with zinc and a Z-pack. They make a very convincing case that we can get people back to work, kids back to school, and return to our normal lives. Watch it and make your own decision.

https://www.teapartypatriots.org/press-conference-americas-frontline-doctors-summit/
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
statefan91
Yep, discussed above
acslater1344
DrummerboyWolf said:

I haven't read any of this thread lately, but here is a link to a video of a press conference yesterday in Washington, DC at the Capitol with several doctors. These doctors believe in using Hydroxycloroquine and getting the kids back to school. Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube have scrubbed this video because they say it's giving out misinformation. These doctors are on the frontline and have real experience with Covid 19. The main stream media will not show it because it helps Trump. These doctors believe in using the medication with zinc and a Z-pack. They make a very convincing case that we can get people back to work, kids back to school, and return to our normal lives. Watch it and make your own decision.

https://www.teapartypatriots.org/press-conference-americas-frontline-doctors-summit/

COVID Cure: Hydroxycloroquine, zinc, z-pack and a little demon sex
First Page Last Page
Page 131 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.