Tracking "Triple T" - Trea Turner

47,000 Views | 290 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by Wolfer79
johntom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DrummerboyWolf said:

Trea Turner has been placed on the paternity list of MLB so apparently his wife is about to give birth. Congrats to the Turners on their new arrival and hopefully Kristen and the baby will be healthy.

He was also named National League Player of the week and has a 15 game hit streak.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/phillies-hottest-hitter-goes-paternity-223414562.html
Exactly 9 months after he signed a $300+ million contract......
DrummerboyWolf
johntom said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Trea Turner has been placed on the paternity list of MLB so apparently his wife is about to give birth. Congrats to the Turners on their new arrival and hopefully Kristen and the baby will be healthy.

He was also named National League Player of the week and has a 15 game hit streak.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/phillies-hottest-hitter-goes-paternity-223414562.html
300 million...you have to celebrate.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
78wilsonpack
DrummerboyWolf said:

johntom said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

It doesn't take that much for me to "want" to celebrate. Want is the key word in that sentence.
griff17matt
78wilsonpack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

johntom said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

It doesn't take that much for me to "want" to celebrate. Want is the key word in that sentence.

Obviously not a woman, then
Wolfer79
DrummerboyWolf
I think this happened earlier today, but Trea and Kristen welcomed their second child, a boy named Tatum. Congrats to the Turners and it appears that mom and baby are healthy!

It was actually yesterday and I missed it in the story.

https://www.fox29.com/sports/phillies-trea-turner-and-wife-welcome-adorable-baby-boy-we-couldnt-be-more-obsessed
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
TREA TURNER

he's the 4th Phillies player since 1901 with 9+ HR in a 10-game span, joining:

2013 Domonic Brown
2005 Bobby Abreu
1976 Mike Schmidt

Wolfer79
griff17matt
Wolfer79
Trea Turner of the @Phillies is the first player in MLB history to have at least 11 homers and 11 multi-hit games over a 13-game span.

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Trea Turner thanked local radio hosts for helping to turn around the Phillies' season
"I started playing a lot better and it was thanks to you guys and the crowd."

https://awfulannouncing.com/radio/trae-turner-marks-reese-turn-around-philadelphia-phillies-season.html
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Bigwuf
Trea is a class act and an unbelievable talent. My wife and I feel so fortunate to have been able to watch him close up and personal at the Doak, not to mention Carlos and the other Pack MLB's.
Wolfer79
game 1: Philadelphia at Atlanta
TBS/truTV 6:07 p.m.
Brian Anderson, Jeff Francoeur, Matt Winer
Wolfer79
Game 1, Truist Park, Cumberland, GA
Announcers: TBS Brian Anderson/Jeff Francoeur//Matt Winer//MLB Network Fernando lvarez/Candy Maldonado
Philadelphia Phillies at Atlanta Braves TBS/MLB Network (Spanish), 6:07 p.m.
I40Wolf
Bigwuf said:

Trea is a class act and an unbelievable talent. My wife and I feel so fortunate to have been able to watch him close up and personal at the Doak, not to mention Carlos and the other Pack MLB's.
We named one of our dogs after him.
Wolfer79
Game 3, Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, PA
Announcers: TBS/truTV/Max Brian Anderson/Jeff Francoeur//Matt Winer//MLB Network Fernando lvarez/Carlos Peña

Atlanta Braves at Philadelphia Phillies TBS/truTV/Max/MLB Network, 5:07 p.m. (series tied 1-1)
Wolfer79
MLB Postseason
League Division Series
National League
Game 4, Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, PA
Announcers: TBS/Max Brian Anderson/Jeff Francoeur//Matt Winer//MLB Network Fernando lvarez/Carlos Peña

Atlanta Braves at Philadelphia Phillies TBS/Max/MLB Network, 8:07 p.m. (Philadelphia leads series, 2-1)
FlockaWolf
Trea hit a homerun last night
griff17matt
Phillies eliminated the Braves last night and Trea went 4/4, 1 2B, 2 1B, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 R.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
FlockaWolf
What a legend!
Anti-Smurf
As a diehard Braves fan since the early '80's, turners HR crushed me. I knew it was over.

I'm happy for him and I think it's cool he flashes the Wolfpack sign - but I would be lying if I was saying unkind words about him last night. lol.

Still crushed. Braves were one of the best teams I've ever watched and they just fell apart starting mid September.
griff17matt
https://theathletic.com/4959443/2023/10/13/trea-turner-phillies-turnaround-postseason/?source=weeklyemail&campaign=602288

Quote:

PHILADELPHIA 108 years ago, about six miles up Broad Street from Citizens Bank Park, the Philadelphia Phillies played their first postseason game. Grover Cleveland Alexander beat the Boston Red Sox in the World Series opener at the old Baker Bowl, with five different Phillies scratching singles.

The Phillies would not win another postseason game for 62 years. In time they would capture two championships and play 125 postseason games (through Wednesday). And not once in all those games did a Phillie collect four hits.

Not Dave Bancroft or Gavvy Cravath. Not Richie Ashburn or Puddin' Head Jones. Not Mike Schmidt or Lenny Dykstra or Jimmy Rollins or even Bryce Harper, the new Mr. October himself.

On Thursday night, Trea Turner did it in the Division Series clincher, a 3-1 triumph over the Atlanta Braves. He doubled in the first inning, singled in the third, homered in the fifth and singled again in the seventh. That's 4-for-4 in Game 4 and with four more wins against the Arizona Diamondbacks, the Phillies will be back in the World Series.
Wolfer79
NLCS SCHEDULE
  • Game 1: Monday, October 16, at Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia TBS/truTV 8:07 p.m. ET
Wolfer79
National League
Game 1, Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, PA
Announcers: TBS/Max Brian Anderson/Jeff Francoeur/Ron Darling//Matt Winer//truTV/Max Pedro Martinez//MLB Network
Arizona Diamondbacks at Philadelphia Phillies TBS/truTV/Max/MLB Network, 8:07 p.m.

Announcers: Lauren Shehadi/Curtis Granderson/Pedro Martinez/Jimmy Rollins
MLB on TBS Leadoff TBS, 7 p.m.
MLB on TBS Closer TBS
Wolfer79
MLB Postseason
League Championship Series
National League
Game 2, Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, PA
Announcers: TBS/Max Brian Anderson/Ron Darling/Jeff Francoeur//Matt Winer//truTV/Max Pedro Martinez/Albert Pujols/Nestor Cortes/Yonder Alonso/Enrique Hernandez//MLB Network Fernando lvarez/Carlos Peña
Arizona Diamondbacks at Philadelphia Phillies TBS/truTV/Max//MLB Network, 8:07 p.m. (Philadelphia leads series, 1-0)
FLWolf
another HR for TT

Phillies and TX are red hot
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
MLB Postseason
League Championship Series
National League
Game 3, Chase Field, Phoenix, AZ
Announcers: TBS/Max Brian Anderson/Ron Darling/Jeff Francoeur//Matt Winer//truTV/Max Pedro Martinez/Albert Pujols/Nestor Cortes/Yonder Alonso/Enrique Hernandez//MLB Network Fernando lvarez/Carlos Peña
Philadelphia Phillies at Arizona Diamondbacks TBS/truTV/Max/MLB Network, 5:07 p.m. (Philadelphia leads series, 2-0)
Wolfer79
National League
Game 4, Chase Field, Phoenix, AZ
Philadelphia Phillies at Arizona Diamondbacks TBS/truTV/Max/MLB Network, 8:07 p.m. (Philadelphia leads series, 2-1)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.