#Pack9 vs Boston College 3/8 (5-4 win (11)(9-1 Win ) (18-16 win)

18,380 Views | 274 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by braz213
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
kmb717 said:

This BC team is quite the demonstrative, loud bunch.

It's unfortunate that the broadcast still has their dugout so high up in the mix this far into the season.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
SportManagementEngineer
Fanning has been sharp.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Borowolf10
We might have something with Fanning.
st8ofdenial
I like this Play by Play guy for this series
Why are saying F. Scott Fitzgerald? What did Scott Fitzgerald do to you?
wilmwolf
st8ofdenial said:

Alex Gee
Staff
st8ofdenial said:

Alex Gee
Staff
SportManagementEngineer said:

Borowolf10 said:

BC's pitching is much better than I expected.
And much more efficient than our guys.

I thought Sam was pretty darn good again.
SportManagementEngineer
Alex Gee said:

SportManagementEngineer said:

Borowolf10 said:

BC's pitching is much better than I expected.
And much more efficient than our guys.

I thought Sam was pretty darn good again.
Good? Yes. Efficient? Not really - 100 pitches to get through 4.2 is taxing on the bullpen
SportManagementEngineer
This inning is our offense at its best. Aggressive, hunting fast balls and not trying to do too much with them
st8ofdenial
Alex Gee said:

st8ofdenial said:

Sorry, I'm listening on the radio….not watching

Should have mentioned that. I'm sure TV is not good
Why are saying F. Scott Fitzgerald? What did Scott Fitzgerald do to you?
wilmwolf
st8ofdenial said:

Alex Gee said:

st8ofdenial said:

Sorry, I'm listening on the radio….not watching

Should have mentioned that. I'm sure TV is not good
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
end 6
NC State 8
Boston College 1
pack2010
great inning. would love to get through the last few innings with fanning and maybe a non premium bullpen arm and be semi fresh for sunday
PossumJenkins
I'm confused why everyone keeps mentioning trying to manage arms…we still have a ton left in the bullpen. Maybe ptsd from previous years? But looking at who hasn't thrown today…there's a lot left.
pack2010
PossumJenkins said:

I'm confused why everyone keeps mentioning trying to manage arms…we still have a ton left in the bullpen. Maybe ptsd from previous years? But looking at who hasn't thrown today…there's a lot left.

every team has a top 6-8 arms and we aren't any different. yes, we have a few more arms that are more than capable, but no need to throw van dam (if he's available) or someone else you would use in a 2-3 run game
wilmwolf
There's also a rest day tomorrow. We could throw anyone we want at this point.
Wolfer79
Alex Gee
Staff
pack2010 said:

PossumJenkins said:

every team has a top 6-8 arms and we aren't any different. yes, we have a few more arms that are more than capable, but no need to throw van dam (if he's available) or someone else you would use in a 2-3 run game

We haven't had a true top 6-8 in years though. Even the Omaha team was basically 5 guys.

This team has a chance to be the real deal.
PossumJenkins
pack2010 said:

PossumJenkins said:

I disagree. I think we have at least 10 or more of guys you'd feel comfortable using in a 2-3 run game
Alex Gee
Staff
PossumJenkins said:

pack2010 said:

PossumJenkins said:

I disagree. I think we have at least 10 or more of guys you'd feel comfortable using in a 2-3 run game

Yep. If you gave the ball to Dudan, Van Dam, Marohn, Fanning, or Lucas - I feel good for at least 2 innings.

That doesn't mention Smith who's looked good. Mako looked good midweek. So did Consiglio. Carson Kelly hasn't pitched once. Neither has Miralia. Freaking Garrett Payne almost won a game in Omaha. This staff is so deep. Where's our guy 65pack??
wilmwolf
Alex Gee said:

pack2010 said:

PossumJenkins said:

We haven't had a true top 6-8 in years though. Even the Omaha team was basically 5 guys.

This team has a chance to be the real deal.

Yeah, right now I'm at at least ~8 dudes I'm really comfortable with. We'll see how things pan out, but there's a bunch of capable arms on this roster.
PossumJenkins
Alex Gee said:

PossumJenkins said:

pack2010 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Yep. If you gave the ball to Dudan, Van Dam, Marohn, Fanning, or Lucas - I feel good for at least 2 innings.

That doesn't mention Smith who's looked good. Mako looked good midweek. So did Consiglio. Carson Kelly hasn't pitched once. Neither has Miralia. Freaking Garrett Payne almost won a game in Omaha. This staff is so deep. Where's our guy 65pack??

Don't forget Shafner. Halford who battled at the end of last year
Alex Gee
Staff
PossumJenkins said:

Alex Gee said:

PossumJenkins said:

pack2010 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Don't forget Shafner. Halford who battled at the end of last year

Yeah it's crazy how far you can go down the list.
PossumJenkins
And apparently labriola touching 93. Don't feel like he was there last year but maybe I'm wrong
wilmwolf
We've got a few guys hitting numbers they didn't last year. Whitaker was still hitting 92-93 well into his outing earlier. Off season work is paying off, or our radar gun is broken.
Borowolf10
A Mak and Pennington have been great pickups.
PossumJenkins
wilmwolf said:

We've got a few guys hitting numbers they didn't last year. Whitaker was still hitting 92-93 well into his outing earlier. Off season work is paying off, or our radar gun is broken.

Agreed…either way hope it keeps working
Alex Gee
Staff
PossumJenkins said:

wilmwolf said:

Agreed…either way hope it keeps working

It will until we play in an ACCN Thursday night prime time game. Then everyone will ask why Avent sucks and the turf looks awful.
pack2010
great start to conference play, lets get the sweep sunday! enjoy saturday, WPN!
kmb717
ACC series W!
wilmwolf
Big series win. I'm gonna have a bourbon*

* I was going to have one either way.
pack2010
wilmwolf said:

Big series win. I'm gonna have a bourbon*

* I was going to have one either way.

same, same. what are you pouring?
SportManagementEngineer
Good start. Rest up and go all out Sunday. Every ACC game is huge to get to the top four for the ACC Tournament pods.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.