#Pack9 @ Hawaii 2/23-25 (W 17-12, 5-7 loss, 10-8 win (8))

20,811 Views | 261 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by FLWolf
CoachCase
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think Hawaii series and/or a series with another team in west is good for exposure and recruiting. Don't forget EA coached at ASU and I'm sure developed some contacts.
ShaggyWolf
65Pack said:

Heard lots of people talk about how deep our pitching will be this year. Can one of you tell us when this depth will appear?
You aren't allowed on this forum until basketball season is over. Sorry.
Alex Gee
Staff
M_A said:

Borowolf10 said:

Pretty annoying that we decided to fly half way around the world for a three game non con series when the region we live in is extremely deep with good potential series matchups.
It's a weird trip. Almost makes you wonder if Avent knows this is his last year and asked for it

There's 11.7 scholarships in baseball. I dont know how we divide them out, but it's fair to say most guys aren't getting full rides and probably not even half schollys. Theres some NIL, but not close at all to the level of football or basketball. These guys get no spring break and barely a summer break.

I think it's a pretty darn good way to reward the guys and build some chemistry. Especially considering the relationship EA has with Hawai'i.
Glasswolf
65Pack said:

Heard lots of people talk about how deep our pitching will be this year. Can one of you tell us when this depth will appear?
When Avent and Chrysler want you to know. Until then go ***** about something else. We are 5 games into a 50+ game season. Relax
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Wolfer79
StateFan2001
Alex Gee said:

M_A said:

Borowolf10 said:

Pretty annoying that we decided to fly half way around the world for a three game non con series when the region we live in is extremely deep with good potential series matchups.
It's a weird trip. Almost makes you wonder if Avent knows this is his last year and asked for it

There's 11.7 scholarships in baseball. I dont know how we divide them out, but it's fair to say most guys aren't getting full rides and probably not even half schollys. Theres some NIL, but not close at all to the level of football or basketball. These guys get no spring break and barely a summer break.

I think it's a pretty darn good way to reward the guys and build some chemistry. Especially considering the relationship EA has with Hawai'i.

Yep just a fun trip for the team. Not that hard to figure out. Who doesn't want to go play Hawaii in the early season.
Tom OBriens Smile
StateFan2001 said:

Alex Gee said:

M_A said:

Borowolf10 said:

Yep just a fun trip for the team. Not that hard to figure out. Who doesn't want to go play Hawaii in the early season.
Announcer said on Friday's broadcast that Avent told them the players from the 2017 team constantly cite the trip to Hawaii as one of their favorite college memories so he's been trying to get it scheduled again.

But we can all try and decipher a deeper meaning if we please.

Just would like to see the defense and pitching settle, hope we can have clean game on the field and avoid walking or hitting a batter every inning.
CLTWolf
Borowolf10 said:

Dude....this scorcher might be worse than your post crying about IPS breaking commits on zoom.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
pack2010
2-2 after 2.

Hawaii with 2 runs on 1 hit in the inning, after an error and a walk.
Pakbackr
Walks and errors will kill you!
Borowolf10
CLTWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

Dude....this scorcher might be worse than your post crying about IPS breaking commits on zoom.

Yeah dude you're right it's so much better to have the team be unavailable to watch and jet lagged for a week rather than just play a non con series against South Carolina.
wilmwolf
Lol, Jesus.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
CLTWolf
Borowolf10 said:

CLTWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

Yeah dude you're right it's so much better to have the team be unavailable to watch and jet lagged for a week rather than just play a non con series against South Carolina.
You need some of my lexapro and an even better therapist. Jesus dude.

It absolutely, positively 100% has zero to do with what YOU want to do. Not one kid (or coach) on that team hates that they're in Hawaii right now.

My 5 year old with massive trauma issues has less meltdowns than you do.
Whitetailpack
Any score update?
pack2010
Whitetailpack said:

Any score update?

3-3 Hawaii threatening in the bottom of the 4th thanks to 2 Marhon walks. He has 4 walks in 3+ innings
ClePack
so. many. walks.
Whitetailpack
pack2010 said:

Whitetailpack said:

Any score update?

3-3 Hawaii threatening in the bottom of the 4th thanks to 2 Marhon walks. He has 4 walks in 3+ innings
Thanks. Yep, walks is the easiest way to get beat in a baseball game.
pack2010
Marohn done after 3.1 innings. Runnings on 1st and 2nd with 1 out for Hawaii and a 2-0 count.

New pitcher is Heath Andrews, freshman making his debut in a tough spot.
MAWolfpack
Is there TV coverage today?
ClePack
MAWolfpack said:

unfortunately no
pack2010
Hawaii takes the lead going to the 5th inning, 4-3. But Pack gets a big double play with the bases loaded to limit the damage. 3 walks and 2 hits for Hawaii in the bottom of the 4th
ClePack
Cozy!
pack2010
Just like that, 5-4 Pack, top 5. 2 run homerun for Cozart
Cdbender
Keep the updates coming, twitter hasn't had much info thus far. How are u getting it?
ClePack
Pennington Amak and Cozy is a HELL of a middle of the order
ClePack
Cdbender said:

Keep the updates coming, twitter hasn't had much info thus far. How are u getting it?
https://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/index.html?id=503473
CoachCase
Heels and Pirates had an exciting series with Pirates winning two of the three. In a tweet from Pirate homer Denny O'Brien he took opportunity to plug those two as best programs in the state. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but pretty strong comment considering WFU is currently #1 and Pack is certainly no slouch. Any thoughts from you guys who are more knowledgeable about baseball in our state?
matracey
MAWolfpack said:

Tuffy Talk is streaming it from the stands

ClePack
CoachCase said:

Heels and Pirates had an exciting series with Pirates winning two of the three. In a tweet from Pirate homer Denny O'Brien he took opportunity to plug those two as best programs in the state. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but pretty strong comment considering WFU is currently #1 and Pack is certainly no slouch. Any thoughts from you guys who are more knowledgeable about baseball in our state?
He's clout chasing. ECU is fantastic but has 0 CWS appearances. If he's talking just this year, Wake is far and away the best. Hell, Duke may also be better than ECU and UNC this year
Cdbender
Good work thanks
pack2010
7-4 Pack, Lanphere with a 2 run single. Pack still threatening in the 5th
Borowolf10
CLTWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

CLTWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

It absolutely, positively 100% has zero to do with what YOU want to do. Not one kid (or coach) on that team hates that they're in Hawaii right now.

It's a meltdown to say I would prefer we play a more local team than @ Hawaii? Ok man whatever.
pack2010
9-4 Pack, top 5 still. Hogue 2 RBI single. Still guys on for the Pack with 1 out
CLTWolf
Borowolf10 said:

CLTWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

CLTWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

It's a meltdown to say I would prefer we play a more local team than @ Hawaii? Ok man whatever.
you need a hug?

Look man, set aside your selfish feelings for once and think about it from the player perspective. They WANT to be in Hawaii, once in a lifetime trip.
pack2010
10-4 Pack, Pennington with a sac fly.

Inning finally over for Hawaii, to the bottom of the 5th we go.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.