#Pack9 @ Hawaii 2/23-25 (W 17-12, 5-7 loss, 10-8 win (8))

20,831 Views | 261 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by FLWolf
Packfanme1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Throw Strikes!
Jesus, Family, Wolfpack!
Gost8
Do we have anyone who can throw strikes ?
Slobbering_Wolf
What an all around awful pitching performance
Slobbering_Wolf
Slobbering_Wolf said:

What an all around awful pitching performance

From everyone
Packforlife
Should of pulled van Damme 1 batter earlier in my opinion but I'm not the coach just an opinion. We're ok just get back to hitting.
Alex Gee
Staff
Glad that's not VCU's outfield
Packfanme1
Man, we needed these runs in the 7th! Keep it going guys!
Jesus, Family, Wolfpack!
Alex Gee
Staff
Seeing here what I've tried to articulate on the podcasts - this team features more guys that can put the ball into gaps and run vs. the big power bats and I think that's a huge advantage. Relentless to opposing pitching staffs.
Bcwhitl2
I like Hogue, I think he's going to take over that LF spot
Alex Gee
Staff
Every starter with a hit. Every starter has scored. All but 2 have RBI's.
pack2010
Had the tv on sleep timer hoping I'd be asleep by now but instead get to watch Whitaker be absolutely terrible and our coaches doing nothing about it
I40Wolf
Morning guys. Just woke up to watch the last two outs of the eighth. Brutal!!
Alex Gee
Staff
Proof I made it to the end.
dmelvin
dmelvin
Late night Pack win. Goodnight from Clarkton , N. C. !
Dmelvin
kbdavis33
So far this year…gonna need the arms James was talking about to show up. Its early, but I wanna see some great pitching as well.
wilmwolf
Couldn't stay up to watch, but catching up to the highlights. Great to start out with a win. I always have faith that Chris Hart can find dudes that can hit, and he hasn't let me down yet.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wolfer79
The NC State baseball team scored a season-high 17 runs in a 17-12 slugfest victory over Hawaii on Friday night at Les Murakami Stadium.

Third baseman Alec Makarewicz led NC State's best offensive output of the season after going 2-for-6 with two homers, six RBI and three runs scored. Makarewicz homered from both sides of the plate in the impressive performance, smacking an opposite-field grand slam from the right side of the plate in the third frame before belting a two-run home run from the left side in the fourth inning.

Eli Serrano III and Garrett Pennington also each logged RBI during the Pack's streak of eight unanswered runs to flip a 3-0 deficit into an 8-3 lead. The Wolfpack (3-1) never trailed following Makarewicz's grand slam in the third inning.

Makarewicz's pair of homers helped NC State build a five-run lead, stretching its lead to 8-3 heading into the bottom of the fourth. Hawaii (2-3) notched a four spot on the scoreboard itself in the bottom of the fifth to trim the Wolfpack's advantage to 8-7 after five innings.

NC State blew the contest open with eight runs in the top of the seventh, doubling its run total from the prior six innings in just one frame before the seventh-inning stretch. The Wolfpack logged six hits to plate its eight runs, scoring six of those runs with nobody out in the inning. Josh Hogue opened the scoring barrage with an RBI triple to right center before Drew Lanphere made it 10-7 with an RBI single.

Noah Soles and Pennington drove in a pair of runs on back-to-back pitches to stretch the lead to 14-7. Soles singled through the right side to plate two before Pennington drilled a two-RBI double down the left-field line. Hogue recorded his second RBI of the inning with a two-out single before Heavner concluded the eight-run inning with an RBI single to make it 16-7.

NC State plated one more in the top of the eighth, while Hawaii scored one in the bottom of the seventh before scoring four more in the eighth. Jacob Dudan recorded the final three outs for the Wolfpack to secure the win. Dudan's final out came via a diving catch from Soles, who stretched out just short of the warning track to end the game.

Hawaii capitalized on a pair of walks and a hit batter to open the bottom of the first, plating three runs to build an early 3-0 lead. The Rainbow Warriors drove in two of their three runs via sacrifice flies. Matthew Miura knocked in Hawaii's second run with an RBI double to left field.

Hogue turned in NC State's first four-hit performance of the season, going 4-for-5 with two RBI and a run scored.

For the second consecutive Friday, NC State had five or more batters with multi-hit performances as Soles, Pennington, Serrano III, Jacob Cozart, Makarewicz and Hogue each recorded two hits or more. The Wolfpack's lineup also had five batters with multiple RBI and multiple runs scored in the series opener in Hawaii.

The Pack's 20 hits on Friday night also marks the first time since a 15-8 win over Wake Forest on May 2, 2021, that NC State recorded exactly 20 hits in a game.

NC State reliever Logan Whitaker earned the win to move to 1-1 on the season. Hawaii starting pitcher Harrison Bodendorf (0-1) suffered the loss.

UP NEXT
NC State looks to notch back-to-back series victories to open the season in Saturday's matchup against the Rainbow Warriors. First pitch at Les Murakami Stadium is set for 11:35 p.m. ET. No live video stream, NC State audio stream or NC State radio broadcast will be available for Saturday's contest. Fans can access live stats for Saturday's game by clicking here or can listen live to Hawaii's radio broadcast by clicking here.

https://gopack.com/news/2024/2/24/baseball-13-wolfpack-wins-17-12-slugfest-in-series-opener-at-hawaii
Bas2020
Woke up this morning with tweets on my timeline about how bad we suck ….checked the score expecting a L.

This fan base is something else .
wilmwolf
It's weird how similar the Twitter timeline of most of the ****ty Twitter fans is.
SexualChocolate
Alex Gee
Staff
Bas2020 said:

Woke up this morning with tweets on my timeline about how bad we suck ….checked the score expecting a L.

Block feature my brother!

Game was fun. A lot of action. Credit to Hawaii too. We got them into some two strike counts and they'd sit there and take most of the offspeed stuff.

Home plate umpire had the tightest zone I've seen in maybe 3 years last night. 24 total walks last night between the two teams.
Bas2020
Alex Gee said:

Bas2020 said:

Game was fun. A lot of action. Credit to Hawaii too. We got them into some two strike counts and they'd sit there and take most of the offspeed stuff.

Home plate umpire had the tightest zone I've seen in maybe 3 years last night. 24 total walks last night between the two teams.

Twitter routinely displays NC State content on my feed from people I don't follow.
Slobbering_Wolf
Alex Gee said:

Bas2020 said:

Yeah that zone was kind of refreshing though, in ACC play you can get rung up with a pitch in the opposite batters box easily
I40Wolf
SexualChocolate said:

Thanks.

Any replay of last night's game?
StateFan2001
lol yes you can
wilmwolf
It's up on the ESPN app if you have ESPN+
Glasswolf
I40Wolf said:

SexualChocolate said:

Thanks.

Any replay of last night's game?
I watched at a respectable hour on 9:30 this morning on ESPN+ That's the only place to watch the replay
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Glasswolf
Alex Gee said:

Bas2020 said:

I wasn't thrilled with 12 runs but they did beat Miss last week so I'll take it.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

I40Wolf
Thank Wilma and glass. Found it. Now watching.
Wolfer79
Tom OBriens Smile
Jake McSwain
Staff
Looks like the game may be on the spectrum sports channel if you have spectrum channel 2202 on the app
rangerA
Is there a link to stream this? I don't have Spectrum
Alex Gee
Staff
Jake McSwain said:

Looks like the game may be on the spectrum sports channel if you have spectrum channel 2202 on the app

For tonight? I don't see that on my app

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.