Dedicated Tommy White Thread (Transfers to LSU)

48,462 Views | 352 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
ChemE94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
James Henderson said:

Borowolf10 said:

James Henderson said:

Wolfmac said:

I get more and more turned off by college athletics everyday. It's all corrupt now.
Yeah if this went down as I've heard, it's not pretty.

You gotta fill us in man. We gotta know.
Waiting for it to play out to post any details for obvious reasons.
So now that it's basically done, can you spill share details, James?
BP Cox
Staff
And to add some shine to this, I've heard from a source that he never told the NC State coaches he was leaving.

They heard through players and other coaches he was doing this.

IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
Tootie4Pack
GopherPack said:

This is a crock of ***** NC is a no report state, so the athletes don't have to report anything to the school. These numbers are WAY off. We are much higher. Just an example of lazy journalism.
Sorry, little grumpy this morning

Gopher with two Dusty Rhodes elbows to the head this morning.
IronWolf24
ECU fans in Kendall Rogers mentions begging tommy to go to ECU. At the very least, we can find humor in them
BackPack
Details on how all of this transpired, pls!
Kgar2121
wilmwolf80 said:

Guys leave, but doing it this way is a pretty big **** you to fans who have done nothing but love the guy from day one. I'm not going to wish him ill, because I'm a better person than he and his dad are, but I will hope there's some karma for how this went down.
I'm proud of you... but not me. I hope he hits .180 and 2 homers next season for wherever he plays. Karma is the least of what he deserves.
TraCha4
States baseball NIL money is better spent on bringing in some arms and improving our pitching.
Colonel Armstrong
So glad I didn't buy a Tommy Tanks shirt
Wolfpack91
I would suspect tampering in play with whichever school Tommy winds up at.

Understand he wishes to get paid over next two seasons & in NIL era makes sense.

If he goes to another ACC school then ACC Commissioner should address this with some structure.
metcalfmafia
TraCha4 said:

States baseball NIL money is better spent on bringing in some arms and improving our pitching.
and sorting out the field. Avent teams always hit.
ClePack
Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

I don't think you can understate how big of a loss this is to the team. Can't lost a guy like this, you just can't.
All momentum dies if tommy leaves. Next year's team trajectory changes big time without him.

Meh. The truth is between this and it doesn't matter at all. Go check Avent's record season by season since the big 2013 break through. Dude knows how to win games and will with or without White
Tommy white was a huge reason we won games this year. Without him, this team likely finishes bottom third of the ACC. Next year will not be fun.
Wolfpacklife
ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

I don't think you can understate how big of a loss this is to the team. Can't lost a guy like this, you just can't.
All momentum dies if tommy leaves. Next year's team trajectory changes big time without him.

Meh. The truth is between this and it doesn't matter at all. Go check Avent's record season by season since the big 2013 break through. Dude knows how to win games and will with or without White
Tommy white was a huge reason we won games this year. Without him, this team likely finishes bottom third of the ACC. Next year will not be fun.

We will be fine. Better pitching and we wouldn't have needed all those homeruns. Sam should be healthy
BollNCSU
Do we burn the Tommy Tanks t-shirts that he made money off of like the Lebron jerseys were done??? After three years, he could've had his jersey retired here and had a whole fan base following him in the major leagues. This one stings so much.
kmb717
ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

I will make a bet with anyone that we will have a better season next year. The pitching and defense will be improved. The offense will be fine.
Bas2020
ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

We can add transfer portal guys also. The portal goes both ways.

You don't even know what the roster looks like yet.
SniderFC
Yep, done with college sports. I'll be posting a lot less from here on out.
FlossyDFlynt
So, this was the type of stuff I was worried about with NIL in general. From all accounts, NC State did everything they could to support him, and he just leaves. Its probably the number one reason I never joined Elite+. I already somewhat question the money I give to the WPC, and its now getting to the point where I know I will finish out this years pledge, but I am definitely having second thoughts about next years.

Overall, I have zero issues with kids making money, but it is going to kill my interest in getting invested in State teams. This was already happening in basketball with the transfers starting towards the end of the Gottfried era, and NIL just made that whole situation nuclear. Its to the point I would rather put my money into something else.
Kgar2121
ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

**** him and his homeruns... pitching and defense win games. Oh, and character sometimes comes into play. So he's screwed wherever he ends up, unless he can learn to pitch.
Kgar2121
FlossyDFlynt said:

So, this was the type of stuff I was worried about with NIL in general. From all accounts, NC State did everything they could to support him, and he just leaves. Its probably the number one reason I never joined Elite+. I already somewhat question the money I give to the WPC, and its now getting to the point where I know I will finish out this years pledge, but I am definitely having second thoughts about next years.

Overall, I have zero issues with kids making money, but it is going to kill my interest in getting invested in State teams. This was already happening in basketball with the transfers starting towards the end of the Gottfried era, and NIL just made that whole situation nuclear. Its to the point I would rather put my money into something else.
like a furnace? At least then you get a little heat, not the cold shoulder from the next biggest "stah"
gopack_83
At this rate I'm looking forward to what type of "injury" keeps him in the dugout next season when FSU visits Raleigh
ClePack
Bas2020 said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

There is no one like Tommy in the portal. One of the top 2 or 3 hitters in the country. I don't see how the team recovers from this next season.

And yeah, i'm pretty much done with college sports now, too. I guess football isn't as bad, but with this and Keatts, there's not much to look forward to anymore. Let's go Devin Leary
James Henderson
Staff
It's a simple fix, if you're going to have NIL, which is great, you can't also have the ability to transfer without sitting (which on its own, is great too). Putting the transfer rule back in place will create legit market values for current athletes to benefit on their NIL.

ClePack
FlossyDFlynt said:

Agreed. It's too much for one to handle. I'm not sure how most state fans do it...
DJncsu13
ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

We're going to be fine. With the freshmen we have coming in, the portal we will hit etc, we'll probably be a better all around team. Offense has rarely been an issue with an Avent/Hart team. Chrysler will have the pitching staff ready to roll with Sam back. Let's go to Omaha again.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
CLTWolf
ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

We somehow managed to make the conference championship game AND College World Series last year without him...We've somehow managed to be one of the best baseball programs in the ACC for many years without him...we'll continue to do so, without him.

Stop this whining and crying BS.

Chris Hart is an elite level recruiter. Bo Robinson is an elite teacher of how to hit the ball. We'll get kids that can play. Clint Chrysler has shown now for 2 years straight how good of a pitching coach he is as well.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
UCWolf12
We going to wish him good luck? Nah I'm good.
Wbtaylor
One monkey don't stop no show.
IronWolf24
You don't leave without notifying the coaching staff and skip an exit interview if you just feel homesick. Interested to see what exactly led to the falling out, whether it was just being in the field and NIL or something deeper
Daviewolf83
GopherPack said:

This is a crock of ***** NC is a no report state, so the athletes don't have to report anything to the school. These numbers are WAY off. We are much higher. Just an example of lazy journalism.
I totally agree and I am not surprised WRAL got it wrong. I have directly criticized them for 2+ years for their inaccurate and misleading reporting on Covid. Bottom line, WRAL never lets the facts get in the way of a good story.
Bas2020
ClePack said:

Bas2020 said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

There is no one like Tommy in the portal. One of the top 2 or 3 hitters in the country. I don't see how the team recovers from this next season.

And yeah, i'm pretty much done with college sports now, too. I guess football isn't as bad, but with this and Keatts, there's not much to look forward to anymore. Let's go Devin Leary

Absurd.

95% of our teams over the last 15 years have been better without T White on them. We will be fine.
kbdavis33
Reading the tea leaves and just observing Tommy this year...I assume that him being a DH led to some "not seeing eye to eye" with the staff.

Didn't seem like the best teammate.

Him not telling the coaches and skipping the exit interview kinda confirms that to me.

Heck of a hitter, but don't need that on the team either. There's gonna be hundreds of players in the portal, find your next Tommy White.
wolf01
Not sure why so many are giving up on college sports because of the current environment. This one is on Tommy, not the system. Would you really want a guy like this sticking around just because he couldn't transfer and play immediately? Our baseball team will be fine, there are plenty of ways to improve and win games without Tommy. Overall, we have an opportunity to flourish as much as anyone else in the current environment, but we have a lot of catching up to do in terms of getting people to buy in and help drive us there.
Tootie4Pack
Daviewolf83 said:

GopherPack said:

I totally agree and I am not surprised WRAL got it wrong. I have directly criticized them for 2+ years for their inaccurate and misleading reporting on Covid. Bottom line, WRAL never lets the facts get in the way of a good story.

So true. I was In a WRAL story on last evening and a couple of their sentences regarding the issue at hand were completely misleading.
ClePack
DJncsu13 said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

We're going to be fine. With the freshmen we have coming in, the portal we will hit etc, we'll probably be a better all around team. Offense has rarely been an issue with an Avent/Hart team. Chrysler will have the pitching staff ready to roll with Sam back. Let's go to Omaha again.
I hope you're right. This year's team was a long way off from Omaha, and we just lost arguably the most important part.
ClePack
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

We somehow managed to make the conference championship game AND College World Series last year without him...We've somehow managed to be one of the best baseball programs in the ACC for many years without him...we'll continue to do so, without him.

Stop this whining and crying BS.

Chris Hart is an elite level recruiter. Bo Robinson is an elite teacher of how to hit the ball. We'll get kids that can play. Clint Chrysler has shown now for 2 years straight how good of a pitching coach he is as well.
I believe you on Chris. I believe you on Bo. I don't believe you on Clint. But, I don't want to make this an argument about coaching on the tommy thread. I don't think next year's team will be better than this year's but I hope I am proven wrong.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.