Dedicated Tommy White Thread (Transfers to LSU)

32,997 Views | 353 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JCooke93
Borowolf10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hope we get lawyers involved and go at FSU in regards to tampering. FOIA their coaches phones records, the whole 9 yards. Inform Jim Phillips we plan to do so as well. It may get anything, but we have to let other programs know if you tamper with our guys that we aren't going to make it easy for you.
wolf01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
kbdavis33 said:

Reading the tea leaves and just observing Tommy this year...I assume that him being a DH led to some "not seeing eye to eye" with the staff.

Didn't seem like the best teammate.

Him not telling the coaches and skipping the exit interview kinda confirms that to me.

Heck of a hitter, but don't need that on the team either. There's gonna be hundreds of players in the portal, find your next Tommy White.
Exactly, we don't even need a Tommy, just someone who can help our team win games. Look at Bball, we lost an All-ACC wing and a big man that probably could've been on an All-ACC team, yet we've reloaded with good options and have improved in a lot of areas. Think about that, we lost 2 high level players (I'm bigger on Manny than a lot of folks are) and yet we have a much better team heading into next season. No reason baseball can't do that too.
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClePack said:

DJncsu13 said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

I don't think you can understate how big of a loss this is to the team. Can't lost a guy like this, you just can't.
All momentum dies if tommy leaves. Next year's team trajectory changes big time without him.


Meh. The truth is between this and it doesn't matter at all. Go check Avent's record season by season since the big 2013 break through. Dude knows how to win games and will with or without White
Tommy white was a huge reason we won games this year. Without him, this team likely finishes bottom third of the ACC. Next year will not be fun.
We're going to be fine. With the freshmen we have coming in, the portal we will hit etc, we'll probably be a better all around team. Offense has rarely been an issue with an Avent/Hart team. Chrysler will have the pitching staff ready to roll with Sam back. Let's go to Omaha again.
I hope you're right. This year's team was a long way off from Omaha, and we just lost arguably the most important part.
Wrong. We lost the most important part back in early April when Sam Highfill got shut down. Thankfully, he should be back. He's the most important part and just so happens to be a fkn awesome teammate too.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

I don't think you can understate how big of a loss this is to the team. Can't lost a guy like this, you just can't.
All momentum dies if tommy leaves. Next year's team trajectory changes big time without him.


Meh. The truth is between this and it doesn't matter at all. Go check Avent's record season by season since the big 2013 break through. Dude knows how to win games and will with or without White
Tommy white was a huge reason we won games this year. Without him, this team likely finishes bottom third of the ACC. Next year will not be fun.
We somehow managed to make the conference championship game AND College World Series last year without him...We've somehow managed to be one of the best baseball programs in the ACC for many years without him...we'll continue to do so, without him.

Stop this whining and crying BS.

Chris Hart is an elite level recruiter. Bo Robinson is an elite teacher of how to hit the ball. We'll get kids that can play. Clint Chrysler has shown now for 2 years straight how good of a pitching coach he is as well.
I believe you on Chris. I believe you on Bo. I don't believe you on Clint. But, I don't want to make this an argument about coaching on the tommy thread. I don't think next year's team will be better than this year's but I hope I am proven wrong.
What don't you believe on Clint?! Look at what he's done with all the injuries we've encountered. So yeah, you should believe me on Clint.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
jaxpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hope we give Tommy an intentional walk every AB next year via a fastball to the side.
ChemE94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wolf01 said:

kbdavis33 said:

Reading the tea leaves and just observing Tommy this year...I assume that him being a DH led to some "not seeing eye to eye" with the staff.

Didn't seem like the best teammate.

Him not telling the coaches and skipping the exit interview kinda confirms that to me.

Heck of a hitter, but don't need that on the team either. There's gonna be hundreds of players in the portal, find your next Tommy White.
Exactly, we don't even need a Tommy, just someone who can help our team win games. Look at Bball, we lost an All-ACC wing and a big man that probably could've been on an All-ACC team, yet we've reloaded with good options and have improved in a lot of areas. Think about that, we lost 2 high level players (I'm bigger on Manny than a lot of folks are) and yet we have a much better team heading into next season. No reason baseball can't do that too.
Hard not to improve on where basketball was last season seeing as how we were D-F-L in the ACC... Only one way to go there, but I get your overall point.
ClePack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

I don't think you can understate how big of a loss this is to the team. Can't lost a guy like this, you just can't.
All momentum dies if tommy leaves. Next year's team trajectory changes big time without him.


Meh. The truth is between this and it doesn't matter at all. Go check Avent's record season by season since the big 2013 break through. Dude knows how to win games and will with or without White
Tommy white was a huge reason we won games this year. Without him, this team likely finishes bottom third of the ACC. Next year will not be fun.
We somehow managed to make the conference championship game AND College World Series last year without him...We've somehow managed to be one of the best baseball programs in the ACC for many years without him...we'll continue to do so, without him.

Stop this whining and crying BS.

Chris Hart is an elite level recruiter. Bo Robinson is an elite teacher of how to hit the ball. We'll get kids that can play. Clint Chrysler has shown now for 2 years straight how good of a pitching coach he is as well.
I believe you on Chris. I believe you on Bo. I don't believe you on Clint. But, I don't want to make this an argument about coaching on the tommy thread. I don't think next year's team will be better than this year's but I hope I am proven wrong.
What don't you believe on Clint?! Look at what he's done with all the injuries we've encountered. So yeah, you should believe me on Clint.
Our pitchers were awesome second half of last year, but aside from that time period, they were pretty bad for the first half of last year and majority of this year, not to mention years past. Pitching has always been a weakness of Avent teams.
Scwuffpak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a feeling TW will get "walked" alot on one pitch from our staff next year. He might want to get more than just one batting glove.
metcalfmafia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PB13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do we get FSU at home next year?
DJncsu13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PB13 said:

Do we get FSU at home next year?
Yes. At least based on current schedule rotation.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

I don't think you can understate how big of a loss this is to the team. Can't lost a guy like this, you just can't.
All momentum dies if tommy leaves. Next year's team trajectory changes big time without him.


Meh. The truth is between this and it doesn't matter at all. Go check Avent's record season by season since the big 2013 break through. Dude knows how to win games and will with or without White
Tommy white was a huge reason we won games this year. Without him, this team likely finishes bottom third of the ACC. Next year will not be fun.
We somehow managed to make the conference championship game AND College World Series last year without him...We've somehow managed to be one of the best baseball programs in the ACC for many years without him...we'll continue to do so, without him.

Stop this whining and crying BS.

Chris Hart is an elite level recruiter. Bo Robinson is an elite teacher of how to hit the ball. We'll get kids that can play. Clint Chrysler has shown now for 2 years straight how good of a pitching coach he is as well.
I believe you on Chris. I believe you on Bo. I don't believe you on Clint. But, I don't want to make this an argument about coaching on the tommy thread. I don't think next year's team will be better than this year's but I hope I am proven wrong.
What don't you believe on Clint?! Look at what he's done with all the injuries we've encountered. So yeah, you should believe me on Clint.
Our pitchers were awesome second half of last year, but aside from that time period, they were pretty bad for the first half of last year and majority of this year, not to mention years past. Pitching has always been a weakness of Avent teams.
ok buddy.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
ecbwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would either earhole him every at bat or intentional walk him. I would never give him 1 chance to beat us! I prefer the earhole!

And, NC State baseball social media should not have any mentions of him when doing season review videos.
ClePack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

I don't think you can understate how big of a loss this is to the team. Can't lost a guy like this, you just can't.
All momentum dies if tommy leaves. Next year's team trajectory changes big time without him.


Meh. The truth is between this and it doesn't matter at all. Go check Avent's record season by season since the big 2013 break through. Dude knows how to win games and will with or without White
Tommy white was a huge reason we won games this year. Without him, this team likely finishes bottom third of the ACC. Next year will not be fun.
We somehow managed to make the conference championship game AND College World Series last year without him...We've somehow managed to be one of the best baseball programs in the ACC for many years without him...we'll continue to do so, without him.

Stop this whining and crying BS.

Chris Hart is an elite level recruiter. Bo Robinson is an elite teacher of how to hit the ball. We'll get kids that can play. Clint Chrysler has shown now for 2 years straight how good of a pitching coach he is as well.
I believe you on Chris. I believe you on Bo. I don't believe you on Clint. But, I don't want to make this an argument about coaching on the tommy thread. I don't think next year's team will be better than this year's but I hope I am proven wrong.
What don't you believe on Clint?! Look at what he's done with all the injuries we've encountered. So yeah, you should believe me on Clint.
Our pitchers were awesome second half of last year, but aside from that time period, they were pretty bad for the first half of last year and majority of this year, not to mention years past. Pitching has always been a weakness of Avent teams.
ok buddy.
Like I said, i'm not trying to argue about this on the TW board.
FlossyDFlynt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wolf01 said:

Not sure why so many are giving up on college sports because of the current environment. This one is on Tommy, not the system. Would you really want a guy like this sticking around just because he couldn't transfer and play immediately? Our baseball team will be fine, there are plenty of ways to improve and win games without Tommy. Overall, we have an opportunity to flourish as much as anyone else in the current environment, but we have a lot of catching up to do in terms of getting people to buy in and help drive us there.
Because its free agency. I am not naive enough to think this just started this year, but how often in the past did you see so many breakout stars just up and leave because they could get paid more elsewhere (Caleb Williams, Jordan Addison, Tommy Tanks, etc)? College sports is currently free agency without a salary cap. This is also where Ill give Doeren a ton of credit because it hasnt been an issue for his teams when it very easily could have been.

I will fully admit I am not the biggest donor for the WPC, but I always somewhat questioned the money I give. In the current environment...I am just not sure its worth it. My enjoyment of college sports (outside of football at the moment) is just gone.
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

I don't think you can understate how big of a loss this is to the team. Can't lost a guy like this, you just can't.
All momentum dies if tommy leaves. Next year's team trajectory changes big time without him.


Meh. The truth is between this and it doesn't matter at all. Go check Avent's record season by season since the big 2013 break through. Dude knows how to win games and will with or without White
Tommy white was a huge reason we won games this year. Without him, this team likely finishes bottom third of the ACC. Next year will not be fun.
We somehow managed to make the conference championship game AND College World Series last year without him...We've somehow managed to be one of the best baseball programs in the ACC for many years without him...we'll continue to do so, without him.

Stop this whining and crying BS.

Chris Hart is an elite level recruiter. Bo Robinson is an elite teacher of how to hit the ball. We'll get kids that can play. Clint Chrysler has shown now for 2 years straight how good of a pitching coach he is as well.
I believe you on Chris. I believe you on Bo. I don't believe you on Clint. But, I don't want to make this an argument about coaching on the tommy thread. I don't think next year's team will be better than this year's but I hope I am proven wrong.
What don't you believe on Clint?! Look at what he's done with all the injuries we've encountered. So yeah, you should believe me on Clint.
Our pitchers were awesome second half of last year, but aside from that time period, they were pretty bad for the first half of last year and majority of this year, not to mention years past. Pitching has always been a weakness of Avent teams.
ok buddy.
Like I said, i'm not trying to argue about this on the TW board.
Good thing since you don't have much of an argument. But yeah, cool.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Mahaya
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is why eventually folks will get tired of college sports unless something is done.
ClePack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

I don't think you can understate how big of a loss this is to the team. Can't lost a guy like this, you just can't.
All momentum dies if tommy leaves. Next year's team trajectory changes big time without him.


Meh. The truth is between this and it doesn't matter at all. Go check Avent's record season by season since the big 2013 break through. Dude knows how to win games and will with or without White
Tommy white was a huge reason we won games this year. Without him, this team likely finishes bottom third of the ACC. Next year will not be fun.
We somehow managed to make the conference championship game AND College World Series last year without him...We've somehow managed to be one of the best baseball programs in the ACC for many years without him...we'll continue to do so, without him.

Stop this whining and crying BS.

Chris Hart is an elite level recruiter. Bo Robinson is an elite teacher of how to hit the ball. We'll get kids that can play. Clint Chrysler has shown now for 2 years straight how good of a pitching coach he is as well.
I believe you on Chris. I believe you on Bo. I don't believe you on Clint. But, I don't want to make this an argument about coaching on the tommy thread. I don't think next year's team will be better than this year's but I hope I am proven wrong.
What don't you believe on Clint?! Look at what he's done with all the injuries we've encountered. So yeah, you should believe me on Clint.
Our pitchers were awesome second half of last year, but aside from that time period, they were pretty bad for the first half of last year and majority of this year, not to mention years past. Pitching has always been a weakness of Avent teams.
ok buddy.
Like I said, i'm not trying to argue about this on the TW board.
Good thing since you don't have much of an argument. But yeah, cool.
(I had more than you did, as evidenced by the "ok, buddy" response. Always the hallmark of a losing argument.)
pack2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gravis
How long do you want to ignore this user?

"I will fully admit I am not the biggest donor for the WPC, but I always somewhat questioned the money I give. In the current environment...I am just not sure its worth it. My enjoyment of college sports (outside of football at the moment) is just gone."


So you want to punish the kids that do want to be here by cutting the funds to pay for their scholarships?
Wolfpacker009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pack2010 said:



Wasn't Tommy at 1B and/or 3B before he hurt his should about halfway through the year?
pack2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfpacker009 said:

pack2010 said:



Wasn't Tommy at 1B and/or 3B before he hurt his should about halfway through the year?

he was. not doubting Hale, but if Avent couldn't have made that promise to sooth things over... not sure what to think
Jtilley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will go ahead and say this is going to be spun by him and his camp as "I was promised I was going to be playing 3rd base".
Bas2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hale is getting spin from Tommy's agent /camp.
DJncsu13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfpacker009 said:

pack2010 said:



Wasn't Tommy at 1B and/or 3B before he hurt his should about halfway through the year?
He literally hurt his shoulder diving for a ball while playing 3B.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

I don't think you can understate how big of a loss this is to the team. Can't lost a guy like this, you just can't.
All momentum dies if tommy leaves. Next year's team trajectory changes big time without him.


Meh. The truth is between this and it doesn't matter at all. Go check Avent's record season by season since the big 2013 break through. Dude knows how to win games and will with or without White
Tommy white was a huge reason we won games this year. Without him, this team likely finishes bottom third of the ACC. Next year will not be fun.
We somehow managed to make the conference championship game AND College World Series last year without him...We've somehow managed to be one of the best baseball programs in the ACC for many years without him...we'll continue to do so, without him.

Stop this whining and crying BS.

Chris Hart is an elite level recruiter. Bo Robinson is an elite teacher of how to hit the ball. We'll get kids that can play. Clint Chrysler has shown now for 2 years straight how good of a pitching coach he is as well.
I believe you on Chris. I believe you on Bo. I don't believe you on Clint. But, I don't want to make this an argument about coaching on the tommy thread. I don't think next year's team will be better than this year's but I hope I am proven wrong.
What don't you believe on Clint?! Look at what he's done with all the injuries we've encountered. So yeah, you should believe me on Clint.
Our pitchers were awesome second half of last year, but aside from that time period, they were pretty bad for the first half of last year and majority of this year, not to mention years past. Pitching has always been a weakness of Avent teams.
ok buddy.
Like I said, i'm not trying to argue about this on the TW board.
Good thing since you don't have much of an argument. But yeah, cool.
(I had more than you did, as evidenced by the "ok, buddy" response. Always the hallmark of a losing argument.)
Oh, so now you want to dig into it? I thought you didn't? By the way, welcome to the baseball board since you've never bothered to post during the season. Something bad happens, you come running. Much like the basketball thread.
But ok, let's do this...we lose two arms to legal issues last year (Klyman and Harrison), Canaan Silver is injured most of the season (that's 3 pen lefties, btw). Baker Nelson is out all but 3 appearances, Austin Pace, Cam Cotter and Logan Bender all injured and all Clint Chrysler did was managed essentially 5 healthy arms to the college world series (and an ACC champ game appearance where all the pitching staff did was keep us in it by giving up 1 run).

We lose our All American pitcher and team leader in April. Logan Whitaker comes back from 3 years of arm trouble to be our Friday starter and only gave up more than 3 runs in a start once until the ACC tourney where he hit a wall at the end of the season. Canaan Silver comes out of his role in the pen to be our Sunday starter where he was damn good. Only gave up more than 3 earned runs twice. Lose an AA starter and we still end up in the ACC champ game b/c of the way he managed the arms.

But sure, Chrysler sucks.

*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
WolfQuacker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gtman49 said:

My gift for you Tommy -


Did you get it at Target? Real nice!!
Wolfpacklife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If he goes to FSU.. the boos in Doak will be deafening
metcalfmafia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bas2020 said:

Hale is getting spin from Tommy's agent /camp.
My immediate thought too. You can see the two sides of this story playing out.
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfpacker009 said:

pack2010 said:



Wasn't Tommy at 1B and/or 3B before he hurt his should about halfway through the year?
I posted the numbers somewhere but he started the first 13 games at 1B and then 8 games at 3B before getting hurt. He started something like 21 of the first 38 games he played in, in the field. After the injury to his shoulder, he rightfully went back to a DH role.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
FlossyDFlynt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gravis said:


"I will fully admit I am not the biggest donor for the WPC, but I always somewhat questioned the money I give. In the current environment...I am just not sure its worth it. My enjoyment of college sports (outside of football at the moment) is just gone."


So you want to punish the kids that do want to be here by cutting the funds to pay for their scholarships?
I give to the WPC because I have loved State sports for basically my entire life. I can also say with near certainty of all the people I went to college with (graduated in 2009), I am probably the only WPC member of my group. But college athletics is at the point that I am just not enjoying it outside of football, which is currently going in a pretty **** direction as well. I am at the point that I am seeing my donations as a sunk cost fallacy. I realize this is a generalization, but if there isnt any loyalty to the school from the athlete, why should I fund their scholarship? Why would I continue to put money into something I am no longer enjoying?

I do think we are going to see the dam break here, sooner rather than later.
Gravis
How long do you want to ignore this user?

There are plenty of great student athletes here with character that play for the name on the front of their jersey.

They deserve our support.

Don't let a couple of selfish ones ruin it for everyone.
FlossyDFlynt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Its not just the selfish players. Its selfish administrators, coaches, conferences, etc. Just look at what the SEC did with Texas/Oklahoma last summer. College football is going to be unrecognizable compared to today in 10 years.

Like I said, I will finish out this years pledge and see what the landscape looks like come January. The current trajectory of college sports in general just looks terrible
Mr. O
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bas2020 said:

James Henderson said:

Nairo said:

Can't regulate pay but you can regulate transferring and tampering. I think the solution is that scholarships need to be binding contracts among both parties (not renewable year to year but guaranteed for five years) and non compete agreements written into the agreement. If a kid wants to transfer they either have to sit a year or pay back the full value of the grant to the school to get released from their contract. They can negotiate severance if the coach leaves and they want out of the contract. Just like in the business world.

Wolfpacklife said:

I've followed college sports my whole life and always said it was the best because these kids have motivation to play for the next level etc... now we just have minor leagues in every sport.

These kids deserved money for NIL.. but this crap is already old. No way it should have ever been let go without some regulations on total pay.

IMO, you now put back in the 1-year sit rules. Pairing it with NIL has been the culprit.


OR you incentivize academics. Free to transfers- grads or players with 60+ hours and GPA above a certain threshold.

I dont have the answers but they need a situation where at most kids are playing at 2 schools over the course of their careers.... not 4 or 5.

You have to limit the transfers so way, some how.


Seems simple but the NCAA would lose in court if challenged.
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr. O said:

Bas2020 said:

James Henderson said:

Nairo said:

Can't regulate pay but you can regulate transferring and tampering. I think the solution is that scholarships need to be binding contracts among both parties (not renewable year to year but guaranteed for five years) and non compete agreements written into the agreement. If a kid wants to transfer they either have to sit a year or pay back the full value of the grant to the school to get released from their contract. They can negotiate severance if the coach leaves and they want out of the contract. Just like in the business world.

Wolfpacklife said:

I've followed college sports my whole life and always said it was the best because these kids have motivation to play for the next level etc... now we just have minor leagues in every sport.

These kids deserved money for NIL.. but this crap is already old. No way it should have ever been let go without some regulations on total pay.

IMO, you now put back in the 1-year sit rules. Pairing it with NIL has been the culprit.


OR you incentivize academics. Free to transfers- grads or players with 60+ hours and GPA above a certain threshold.

I dont have the answers but they need a situation where at most kids are playing at 2 schools over the course of their careers.... not 4 or 5.

You have to limit the transfers so way, some how.


Seems simple but the NCAA would lose in court if challenged.
Precisely. That was Saban's argument in the talk he gave to Bama supporters that became the Saban/Fisher fight. Saban said the Feds will have to pass a law to level the playing field because the NCAA would lose in any court cases if they tried to enforce a standard.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.