Braves 2021 Season

20,196 Views | 209 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JocoPack
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79
ShaggyWolf
AcuƱa injury does not look good. Prayers for a quick recovery.
Civilized
ShaggyWolf said:

AcuƱa injury does not look good. Prayers for a quick recovery.

That looked bad for sure.
Civilized
Damn. Torn ACL.

Baseball gods have been an angry, vengeful bunch the last couple of weeks.
tau06
Civilized said:

Damn. Torn ACL.

Baseball gods have been an angry, vengeful bunch the last couple of weeks.

Cursed season from the get go for the Braves. What a bummer coming off last season. Awful job by the front office this off-season and then written luck with injuries and stuff out of their control.
Wolfer79
Buster Olney

Freddie Freeman since June 23rd: .445 average (41-for-92)
6 doubles
7 homers
15 walks
14 strikeouts
Jacob deGrom has been the NL MVP frontrunner. If he's out for an extended period, it'll be wide open.
Packchem91
just when you gave up on them again (for the 12th time this season).....they are still alive.
metcalfmafia
Packchem91 said:

just when you gave up on them again (for the 12th time this season).....they are still alive.

Glad to see this thread get bumped back. If this rag tag bunch somehow passes the Mets, New York is gonna explode.
Packchem91
metcalfmafia said:

Packchem91 said:

Glad to see this thread get bumped back. If this rag tag bunch somehow passes the Mets, New York is gonna explode.

Even with all the injuries, if this team had a reliable closer from day 1, they'd be 3-4 games in front. Alas, if they can get on a roll.they can win this thing. And yes, NYM fans would blow up
tau06
Packchem91 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Packchem91 said:

Even with all the injuries, if this team had a reliable closer from day 1, they'd be 3-4 games in front. Alas, if they can get on a roll.they can win this thing. And yes, NYM fans would blow up

Mets fans may blow up but they aren't even going to finish in second lol
Wolfer79
BollNCSU
I HATE the Braves traded Bryse Wilson.
Pack31
BollNCSU said:

I HATE the Braves traded Bryse Wilson.

Yeah, as a fan of both the Pack and Braves, I'd love to have a seen him succeed. He had opportunities and just never found that consistency. Difference in he and the Toukkis of the world is Toukki dominated triple A when sent down. Wilson struggled there this year too. No real improvement. I still wanna see him succeed wherever he ends up though
Wolfer79
#Braves are continuing to get Huascar Ynoa stretched out to start, and Snitker said that after one more rehab start he would be to that point, as far as that's concerned. Ynoa went 3 2/3 IP (4 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 1 HR, 1 BB, 4 K) Friday at Triple-A. Will go approx 85 pitches next time.

Civilized
Damnit.
Packchem91
Civilized said:

Damnit.
As I said just above....if the Braves closer situation was solid all year, we'd be "comfortably" in the lead. Heck, imagine if we had Melancin still. He used to scare me almost as much as Luke Jackson every outing, but usually got the job done.
Civilized
Packchem91 said:

Civilized said:

Damnit.
As I said just above....if the Braves closer situation was solid all year, we'd be "comfortably" in the lead. Heck, imagine if we had Melancin still. He used to scare me almost as much as Luke Jackson every outing, but usually got the job done.

Not re-signing Melancon was a rare big miss by AA. He's had a bunch of good/timely acquisitions this year though, and Will Smith's been good of late.

Braves were 48-1 when leading after 8 this year. Inconvenient time to give up a kid's first major league homer with two outs in the 9th. Lead off walks are killers in close/late situations.
Wolfer79
Packchem91
So far....seems like the guys the Braves have picked up late have been very helpful. Getting some of the injured guys back helps as well. Hopefully Hnoa will be able to get back in form, at least by September.
Civilized
I continue to be shocked that the Braves are playing their best baseball of the season down Acuna, Ozuna, Ynoa, Soroka, Anderson, and until two games ago D'Arnaud.

AA takes heat for some stuff and it was an obvious huge miss to not resign Melancon and let him walk for relative peanuts but he gets waaaay more right than wrong

Heredia, Duvall, Soler, and Rodriguez were big time pickups and the shot in the arm the Braves needed, at a fork in the road after A Jr. going down where AA could have stood pat and just mailed it in for the rest of the season.
Packchem91
Civilized said:

I continue to be shocked that the Braves are playing their best baseball of the season down Acuna, Ozuna, Ynoa, Soroka, Anderson, and until two games ago D'Arnaud.

AA takes heat for some stuff and it was an obvious huge miss to not resign Melancon and let him walk for relative peanuts but he gets waaaay more right than wrong

Heredia, Duvall, Soler, and Rodriguez were big time pickups and the shot in the arm the Braves needed, at a fork in the road after A Jr. going down where AA could have stood pat and just mailed it in for the rest of the season.
Was just talking about this with my boys---you'll never get all your moves right, but all those mid-season pickups have been HRs so far. It is pretty indicative that the playing well really coincided with those moves. They'd had so much adversity in the 1st half of season, the new blood seemed to reinvigorate them.

Offseason suggestion: Keep Duval!!
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Civilized
Wolfer79 said:

Great thanks a lot Wolfer after staring at Covid graphs for the last year and a half, I'm triggered now about the Braves playoff chances spiking when I should be happy.

Thanks for nothin
Civilized
What a start by Ynoa last night.

Would be huge for rotation depth down the stretch to have him return to form quickly.
Wolfer79
Civilized said:

Wolfer79 said:

Great thanks a lot Wolfer after staring at Covid graphs for the last year and a half, I'm triggered now about the Braves playoff chances spiking when I should be happy.

Thanks for nothin

from Monday Baseball Tonight podcast

Jeff Passan

there are 7.5 bad MLB teams this season
Orioles
Pirates
Royals
Rangers
Diamondbacks
Rockies on road (the half)
Nationals
Cubs

Braves have 14 games vs this group, 4th most
Phillies have 24 games this group, most in MLB
Reds 19 games
Padres 3 games
Mets 8 games
Civilized
Wolfer79 said:

Civilized said:

Wolfer79 said:

Thanks for nothin

from Monday Baseball Tonight podcast

Jeff Passan

there are 7.5 bad MLB teams this season
Orioles
Pirates
Royals
Rangers
Diamondbacks
Rockies on road (the half)
Nationals
Cubs

Braves have 14 games vs this group, 4th most
Phillies have 24 games this group, most in MLB
Reds 19 games
Padres 3 games
Mets 8 games

100%
Schedule sets up nice
Got Ynoa back
Got Travis D back
Getting Ian Anderson back
Dansby is feeling it
Albies is hot
Freehugs has found his MVP form
Riley's been great
Soler remembered how to hit again
1-8 in lineup can tater in any at-bat

Keep it rolling!
metcalfmafia
Freddie hits for the cycle. Everything is going right for the Braves right now.
Civilized
FREEHUGS!!

Smoking hot right now!
metcalfmafia
Never in doubt! LOL

Man between the Braves and the Wolfpack, my stress levels are too damn high.
Wolfer79
Civilized
metcalfmafia said:

Never in doubt! LOL

I went to bed top 9 last night and didn't check the score till I saw your post.

Lordhavemercy

Never a dull moment with the Braves and the Pack!
Packchem91
metcalfmafia said:

Never in doubt! LOL

I couldn't believe it when I flipped on ESPN game cast, just expecting to see it was over, and Miami had jsut hit a 2r HR to get within two, and Smith walked his first batter. Went immediately from "What a great relaxing evening" to "this would be a monumental loss" in seconds, lol.

Hey, but we won, and Philly just got swept by the by far worst team in the NL. I bet folks in the city of Brotherly Love are out beating people up about right now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.