Harrison and Klyman arrested, suspended

12,136 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JCooke93
FourOaksWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1. Some guy was threatening Klyman's sister, it had been going on for sometime and he was going to put an end to it.

2. Someone let them in the dorm, so people think the breaking and entering will be dropped.

3. Only Klyman has been charged with assault.

4. Case will go through the justice system before any further actions take place, so don't expect them back anytime soon.
CALS Alumni
wilmwolf
That sounds like something I thought it would be that happened. Didn't seem like the kind of dude that would just randomly break in somewhere and beat a guy up, but definitely one that would do it to defend his sister if that's the case. Definitely would've been better to leave it to the authorities, but emotions get the better of people.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
JCooke93
God I hate WRAL
FourOaksWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

That sounds like something I thought it would be that happened. Didn't seem like the kind of dude that would just randomly break in somewhere and beat a guy up, but definitely one that would do it to defend his sister if that's the case. Definitely would've been better to leave it to the authorities, but emotions get the better of people.
Heard Avent was sorry, yet sympathetic when given all the details.
CALS Alumni
JCooke93
All I know is that if we all where in Klyman shoes we all would have probably done the same thing also that guy needs to be charged with what he did to start all of this bs
Bigwuf
Typical of WRAL to create negative impressions and inferences before the facts are known.
JCooke93
It feels good to block all WRAL and N&O Twitter accounts
waxhaw
Some people deserve to be punched in the face. Unfortunately, the law won't see it that way.

Simple assault is a misdemeanor. I'm guessing the B&E is the felony charge. I hope they are able to get everything straightened out. Justified or not, these are serious charges if convicted.
Civilized
I'm with Kent on this.

JCooke93
Can't see it
Civilized
JCooke93 said:

Can't see it
LOL, evidently Samuel L's "Yes they deserved to d1e and I hope they burn in h3ll" rant gets flagged by the content filter.

I didn't even know there was an automated content filter.
JCooke93
Not till June
JCooke93
Funny
EthanBarry
Staff
Harrison and Klyman are off the gopack roster
JCooke93
They have been for awhile unfortunately
JCooke93
Monroe
CLTWolf
JCooke93 said:

Monroe
what does Monroe mean?
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
JCooke93
The former player
CLTWolf
JCooke93 said:

The former player
I didn't realize that's who got beat up.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
gopack1979
D-Bag with a Capital D.
wolfpack1437
Klyman gets 12 months of unsupervised probation and charges dismissed if he completes those 12 months without incident. Also has to pay Monroe about 20K

Eta- 2K not 20K
JCooke93
The 20k is bs
Wolfer79
Two former NC State baseball players have plead guilty to charges stemming from an incident at Wolf Village in March.

David Harrison, 21 and William Klyman, 23 were arrested on charges that include assault and battery and breaking and entering inside Hudson Hall in Wolf Village.

Police reports say upon entering the building, Klyman started throwing punches, hitting the victim multiple times.

Klyman's guilty plea results in 12 months probation at the end of which, the case will be discharged and dismissed by the court. Klyman was ordered to pay $1983.19 in restitution and to perform 225 hours of community service. His next review date is August 9, 2021.

Harrison pled guilty to misdemeanor breaking and entering pursuant to a condition discharge with consent of the State, defendant and the victim. Harrison was placed on six months probation and ordered to complete 75 hours of community service. His next review date is July 14, 2021

https://www.wral.com/two-former-nc-state-baseball-players-plead-guilty-in-march-assault-breaking-entering-incident/19707668/
wilmwolf
The restitution money is weird. I'm not a lawyer or anything, I just don't ever remember seeing that. Seems he would have been more likely to get money had he not had Klyman arrested, which probably ruined his chance at pro ball. The N&O article I read didn't really say what the guy did at Klyman's sisters apartment that warranted her calling Kent about it. Would be interesting to know that detail. Whatever the case, you can't ruin your future over something like that. Is the Monroe kid still on the team?
wolfpack1437
Possibly for Dr's bills or lost wages if he held a part-time job (don't think he was still playing for the Pack). Said he was concussed by the altercation
JCooke93
He quit the team at the beginning of the season
JCooke93
Also you don't want to know
DrummerboyWolf
Well since their cases have been decided, is there any chance of them being reinstated? Neither were charged with felonies and their cases will be discharged if they meet all their conditions or do they have to meet all the conditions before they can be reinstated?

I don't know what went on and they both should have known better, but if Klyman was defending his sister then I am sure he thought he had a good reason. It is unfortunate that they both acted on emotion instead of trying to go through proper channels.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfer79
Kent Klyman and David Harrison, two former members of the NC State baseball program, pleaded guilty to charges in connection with an assault and breaking and entering incident that occurred March 24, according to WRAL.

The pair's charges stemmed from an incident that took place in Hudson Hall at Wolf Village back in March. According to the News and Observer, the victim, Jonathan Conner Monroe, had previously been in a relationship with Klyman's sister.

After Monroe tried to see Klyman's sister repeatedly, Klyman and his roommate, Harrison, went to Wolf Village and confronted Monroe, where according to the N&O, Klyman hit Monroe multiple times.

Klyman was charged with assault and battery and breaking and entering to terrorize or injure. Klyman's charges will be dropped and dismissed after he serves 12 months of probation and completes 225 hours of community service, according to the N&O. He was also ordered to pay over a thousand dollars in restitution as part of his guilty plea. Klyman's case is scheduled for review on August 9.

Harrison pleaded guilty to misdemeanor of breaking and entering in agreement with a condition discharge with the consent of the State, defendant and the victim, according to WRAL. Harrison will serve six months of probation and perform 75 hours of community service. His case is scheduled for review on July 14.

JCooke93
Of course they are making Monroe look like the victim
wilmwolf
Ok, so it's $1900 in restitution. That's a whole lot better than 20k. Still odd, but I can see that number more.
JCooke93
Still bs
FlockaWolf
I saw Harrison at the ACC tourney. He was walking around the concourse in street clothes.
89_Grad
so for all the shade thrown at WRAL, in fact, they ended up pleading guilty as charged. If, as people seemed to be suggesting on here, the local TV station swept conduct by, say, a couple of UNC players under the rug, people would be on here *****ing and complaining. Sounds to me like the journalists did their jobs here...I have no issue with any of the media coverage. There are better ways to deal with sexual harassment than taking matters into your own hands the beating the heck out of the perpetrator...
wilmwolf
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.