Harrison and Klyman arrested, suspended

12,045 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JCooke93
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.wral.com/two-nc-state-baseball-players-facing-felony-charges/19596548/

Two NC State baseball players face multiple counts and felonies.

According to the Wake County Sheriff's office, David Harrison, 21 and William Klyman, 23 were arrested on charges that include assault and battery and breaking and entering.

Fred Demarest, Senior Associate Athletic Director for NC State, told WRAL News the following.

"We are aware of the charges and await additional details. The student-athletes involved have been suspended from athletic participation pending resolution of this matter in accordance with the NC State Student-Athlete Code of Conduct."

This is a developing story.
wilmwolf
What on earth? I'll wait on judgement till I hear a lot more info.
Colonel Armstrong
Geez... hope it's a misunderstanding
DrummerboyWolf
Just reported on WRAL. Both charged with felonies. B & E and assault.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Pakbackr
Bad season just took a turn south!
wolfpack1437
Surprised the story behind this hasn't come out yet. I'm sure WRAL and the N&O will be all over it
DrummerboyWolf
wolfpack1437 said:

Surprised the story behind this hasn't come out yet. I'm sure WRAL and the N&O will be all over it
WRAL had it on the Six o'Clock news.
WolfQuacker
I'm sure WRAL is adding headcount as we speak for upcoming coverage.
JCooke93
Probably not going to
wilmwolf
Even the updated story is short on details. Sounds like they went in somewhere and Klyman punched somebody. I'm certain this wasn't a random occurrence, so there has to be a backstory. Especially dealing with upperclassmen, this doesn't make a lot of sense. Really puts the team in a bind, but I hope for the sake of their lives outside of sports this is somehow something they can get beyond. Again, I'll reserve judgement if or when more facts come out.
FourOaksWolf
wolfpack1437 said:

The N and O won't have a story up on it until next Wednesday.
CALS Alumni
I40Wolf
Arrest was made by campus police according to N&O.
89_Grad
I suspect that a woman is involved....
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
DrummerboyWolf
I40Wolf said:

They traveled 7 or 8 miles from their off campus apartment to Wolf Village. Not sure if that is the married student housing area anymore, but it's on campus.
89_Grad
DrummerboyWolf said:

I40Wolf said:

They traveled 7 or 8 miles from their off campus apartment to Wolf Village. Not sure if that is the married student housing area anymore, but it's on campus.

No. Different place. Wolf village is complex on corner of Western and Gorman. E. S. King is married student housing.
DrummerboyWolf
89_Grad said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I40Wolf said:

No. Different place. Wolf village is complex on corner of Western and Gorman. E. S. King is married student housing.
I could be wrong, but where Wolf Village is now, used to be part of E.S. King, but I am going back to the late 70's in my memory.
RedPooch33
What a damn shame: this season is off the rails
JCooke93
No it's not
JCooke93
Don't judge anyone till the whole truth comes out
JCooke93
There is
Cthepack
DrummerboyWolf said:

89_Grad said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I40Wolf said:

I could be wrong, but where Wolf Village is now, used to be part of E.S. King, but I am going back to the late 70's in my memory.
My son is living in Wolf Village next year, his Soph year. It was built about 15 years ago. Not sure if they knocked down anything to build it. It is close to Doak.
DrummerboyWolf
Cthepack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

89_Grad said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I40Wolf said:

My son is living in Wolf Village next year, his Soph year. It was built about 15 years ago. Not sure if they knocked down anything to build it. It is close to Doak.
Pretty sure they did knock some things down, but again my memory is fading.
Trickynic1
JC 93 I hope there is another side to the story and the SR guys can return.
89_Grad
DrummerboyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

89_Grad said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I40Wolf said:

Pretty sure they did knock some things down, but again my memory is fading.
was nothing but rolling hills in 1989, because when it snowed, we'd steal trays from the West Campus Dining Hall (actually, it was the only Dining Hall back then) and sled there...
gopack1979
Harrison has a path back. Klyman not so much.
packman34
Any updated news on this? Really hoping they have a legitimate reason to be where they were etc.
JCooke93
They did
Pack31
JCooke93 said:

They did

Well spill it then, so we can stop the speculation
89_Grad
I'm telling you, it involves a fight over or with a girl. Hope it's the former rather than the latter, because in this day and age, "boys will be boys" isn't going to cut it anymore.

Anyone remember the horrible incident involving the wrestlers during the Carter Jordan days? I thought back to that incident when I heard about this.
Wolfpack98x2
Recent update...

https://www.wral.com/nc-state-baseball-players-face-jail-time-if-convicted-in-dorm-break-in/19600784/

My favorite line of the whole story...

"WRAL News was the only news outlet in the courtroom". Go figure.
wolfpack1437
^of course they were
wilmwolf
I'm sure there will be a three part expose from WRAL. They felt the need to throw the reaction quote from a fellow student in there too. SMH.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
89_Grad
I have no problem with WRAL covering the university that is literally across the street from them. I mean, does anyone really think they were just going to sit on this story?

and I amend my earlier speculation after seeing that assault victim was a male. He's either hitting on someone's girl, or it involves the Wolf Village weed dealer.
wilmwolf
Covering it, sure. Putting in their article that they were the only news organization there? That's pretty dumb horn tooting to me. Maybe it's telling that no other local news media thought that two relief pitchers being charged with a crime was headline news worthy. Getting the concerned and disappointed random regular student reaction? That's just silly. They still have the presumption of innocence, and I'm betting most students have no idea who they are, much less care enough to talk to the news about them. They have stirred up enough **** over the years that they don't get the benefit of the doubt from me anymore.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Andrew4343
Not condoning the players behavior especially knowing almost no details...but I'm assuming the average student at State and every other college ever has seen a fist fight. Again not condoning, especially if it was more then them winning a fight.
The random student reaction is just a dumb filler part of the story.
If it turns out that they did something really egregious then I am totally wrong
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.