Baseball 3/15-17 vs Florida State (Pack wins series 2-1)

32,313 Views | 231 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wilmwolf
ciscopack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thayer out 2
ciscopack
Bases loaded, 2 outs in 8th....7-5 FSU
PackFansXL
Dang Bailey lined out with bases loaded!
ciscopack
Line drive out to right
wilmwolf
I'd like to see statistics on how often the batter reaches base when the ump doesn't call a close pitch strike three. It seems like it is every time.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
ciscopack
Bottom of 9th...7-5 still
ciscopack
1 on and no outs
ciscopack
Poor base running to 2nd in my opinion. 2 outs and one is questionable.
ciscopack
7 - 5 game
wilmwolf
Edwards was safe. Pretty clear in real time. Oh well.
metcalfmafia
We battled just didnt have enough today. Great series win though.
PackFansXL
Congrats on the great start to our season, Pack9! We gave them another run at it today, but just missed on Bailey's bases loaded line out. We have a fun team, folks!
Struttingwolf96
Tough game today. What a record breaking winning streak though. Very proud of the team. Go Pack!
DrummerboyWolf
Good run for the guys. Had exactly what we wanted in the 8th with Bailey up and the bases loaded and he hit it on the screws, unfortunately right at the right fielder. We knew it wasn't going to last forever because in baseball it rarely ends in an undefeated season. Maybe in Little League or possibly high school, but not often.

We have to get back in the saddle on Tuesday I think it is and start a new streak. Really proud of the way the team has battled all year including today. They didn't give up. I think the right call was made on Edwards. He probably should have stopped to secure one of the outs, but that is baseball.
FCO_Wolf
Damn fine run boys!!!! Now let's put this loss in the rearview and start another double digit winning streak!!!!
wilmwolf
I think the streak ending this way is better than losing a mid week game against a little brother type team. It was a helluva run, no matter what.
PackFansXL
Why can't we ever win 20 straight games?
Pack31
PackFansXL said:

Starts Tuesday!
Struttingwolf96
Tough day for the Pack. Baseball loses its 1st game of the year & the basketball team doesn't make the tourney.
ciscopack
wilmwolf80 said:

Needed more cameras to prove anything....the 2 showed nothing. I was hoping for a dive and crawl to make the 2nd baseman work.....guy at first would have been safe at least. Good game with shots to win it and great 20 game start!
Wolfer79
ciscopack said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Needed more cameras to prove anything....the 2 showed nothing. I was hoping for a dive and crawl to make the 2nd baseman work.....guy at first would have been safe at least. Good game with shots to win it and great 20 game start!

PTB postgame interview with Avent, Avent said the umps told him there were not camera angles with view to overturn call. Sounded like umpire implied or flat out said ' if there more camera angles, I would have had view from another direction that might have shown he was safe'.

Avent said he would talk to higher ups about getting more cameras.
Wolfer79
Pack31 said:

PackFansXL said:

Starts Tuesday!

I will prefer 20 game win streak ends with national championship in Omaha, but that may be me.
wilmwolf
They never showed a replay from the center field camera during the sequence. It was out there, because that's The primary camera they use for the broadcast. Why it wouldn't have been shooting that play, or why they wouldn't have footage from it doesn't make sense. There are, I believe, four cameras broadcasting the game, but there were only two angles shown on replay.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.